New Heroes Arrive: Changing Winds ( August 7 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubert's C-skill is worth enough for me to free pull for him. I'm otherwise not enthused about this banner. Petra looks interesting, too. Still, no Sylvain, Dorothea or Seteth, so I'm good.

@Lord-Zero considering just about every tutorial screening 3H has either Edelgard or Hubert on it, the devs' bias is cemented at this point. I personally don't care for Black Eagles after playing through a good portion of the game now.

Edited by silverserpent

Oh boy a weaponbox that utterly confuses me wtf Hilda.

Oh boy a new type of weapon and C passive that makes Sorcery Blade seem a little useless.

Oh boy a unit who I like.

Oh boy a unit who didn't need to be Blue except she did because color balance. Is it bad I kinda miss the days of no balance at all?

mod edit: vague FE16 spoiler

Spoiler

Oh boy GHB unit who... uh... totally has no per-established links to any characters on this banner, nope no way no how not this Death Knight. Teeheehee.

Edited by Parrhesia

As someone who doesn't have Three Houses, I don't really know or care about any of these characters.

That said, there are so many other banners coming up I'm interested in, so I'll do my free pulls and take my orbs at least.

Sad that Mercedes is the odd one out and likely demote. I never want to hear that voice again. As for the rest, fair enough but I can't justify a single orb on this given my current needs, plus the art is a bit wonky on all of them.

Well I was right about this banner being a Three Houses banner, and I was right about Hilda and Hubert being on it. I didn't predict Mercedes or Petra, though, thought Dedue and Manuela would be on it instead. But hey, I like Mercedes!

Too bad Mercedes looks like an average-to-below-average healer...

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Lord-Zero considering just about every tutorial screening 3H has either Edelgard or Hubert on it, the devs' bias is cemented at this point. I personally don't care for Black Eagles after playing through a good portion of the game now.

Which sucks because they’ll now proceed to shove Black Eagles characters everywhere and everywhere until people get really sick of them while the others get either scraps or nothing at all. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Easy pass. No Bernie and no Lorenz means my orbs are safe. 

2 Black Eagles characters. Kinda biased, developers?

Well it's kind of obvious one house is going to get one more than the others on a 4 character banner. No matter what, one house or another would have gotten more.

Sounds to me like youre trying to stir something that isn't there.

Edited by Sentinel07

Lol, they think I'd be willing to shell out for this when three Brave Banners and another shot at LegendaRoy is around the corner. I'll wish the rest of you luck, though!

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well it's kind of obvious one house is going to get one more than the others on a 4 character banner. No matter what, one house or another would have gotten more.

Not necessarily. They could have easily pulled from the Knights of Serios and put in Alois or Catherine. Or Flayn, Seteth, Shamir...

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Not really, considering the likes of Cyril, Seteth, Catherine, Alois, Shamir, etc... which I expected to be the fourth unit, honestly.

Edit: Got ninja'd, so I'm just redundant 😄

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Not necessarily. They could have easily pulled from the Knights of Serios and put in Alois or Catherine. Or Flayn, Seteth, Shamir...

Except you know they're going to favor students before any of teachers or other characters outside of the houses.

Just now, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Not really, considering the likes of Cyril, Seteth, Catherine, Alois, Shamir, etc... which I expected to be the fourth unit, honestly

I totally expected Manuela. She seemed like she'd be a sure thing. But eh.

My orbs are safe, I think. I can wait on all of these characters. Now if Marianne was here...

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I was hoping for a representative of each side: Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Golden Deer and Church of Seiros. One of each for a more balanced representation of characters. Developer bias is quite evident even in 3H itself. 

Four lieutenants would have been a neat theme too, with Seteth counting as one. Three males makes it less likely I suppose. I'd say replace him with Rhea but people would probably be concerned about spoilers.

Hubert demote? Yeah, he has a new skill, but it will STILL cost some 20k feathers to obtain it at its third level if he gets demoted. They are NOT going to let Mercedes’ AR skill be in the normal pool, see: the lovely Kjelle, who had every reason to be demoted but was not because of her AR skill.

I am totally going hard on Hilda!! No timeskip students perhaps, due to her weapon? I cannot wait for her to grace me barracks!! Mercedes as my backup, by the way.

To be absolutely fair to IS, the Black Eagles are the most popular house, as shown by the in-game online data being nothing but Black Eagles units for basically every category. With this combined with some developer bias, it does make perfect sense why there are two of them in this banner.