New Heroes Arrive: Changing Winds ( August 7 ~)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, SockPuppet said:

Hubert demote? Yeah, he has a new skill, but it will STILL cost some 20k feathers to obtain it at its third level if he gets demoted. They are NOT going to let Mercedes’ AR skill be in the normal pool, see: the lovely Kjelle, who had every reason to be demoted but was not because of her AR skill.

I am totally going hard on Hilda!! No timeskip students perhaps, due to her weapon? I cannot wait for her to grace me barracks!! Mercedes as my backup, by the way.

Kjelle had Bold Fighter, that's why she wasn't demoted first and foremost~

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubert demoting would be really fantastic because that C skill is everything. There probably won't be any demotes though. Mercedes has more than 4 skills (those units never demote) and one of them is an AR skill. There's no way they're going to put any of those in the *4 pool.

Sadly there probably won't be any demotes on this banner. The only viable one is Hubert and he's way too delicious of a fodder.

PS: Petra's class and set disappoints me. I saw her more with a close range melee weapon. She's not even the star of the banner, Hilda seems like the more desirable unit. Safe pass. Way too many banners floating around and I don't care about any of these units even if I like Petra.

Edited by Zeo

I haven't played 3H yet (and most likely won't be able to until September when the Switch Lite is released) so I can't go for character favoritism with these guys. 

Still, Hilda looks cute af and infantry axe is not an overcrowded class. I like how her weapon can make her both a good cheerleader but also extremely strong in her own right. Me likey so I'll try to get her.

Mercedes is meh, if it weren't for the AR skill she'd be a guaranteed demote. We'll see if she goes down even with that skill that IS thinks is a lot more valuable than it really is.

Hubert brings interesting new skills but they seem kinda gimmicky. His tome is a PP only version of Y!Azura's tome, which makes it not that good. The extra stats are cool but these types of weapons work better on defensive heroes where you want to trick the opponent into thinking your unit is fragile only to find out they can't kill them. Overall ok weapon but still doesn't hold a candle to blade tomes. His C is an infinitely better version of Sorcery Blade but it's still too niche in my eyes. Adaptive damage is cool when facing min-maxed units but it doesn't do any good against omega tanks (Caineghis/Surtr/H!Myrrh/etc) so eh, it can be great if you find a way to abuse it but nothing crazy.

Petra was surprising. In the promo material for the game she seemed like an infantry sword but here she ended as a flying colored dagger. I'm happy about this, infantry sword is an oversaturated class and we don't need anymore of them unless they are S!Helbindi-tier unique. Petra's weapon is busted for starters. It says if an ally has lower stats than her, she gets +5 to the stats she wins. This allows a lot of freedom because you only need 1 weaker unit (AKA, the dancer/buffer) to activate the effect of her weapon and because she needs allies nearby her A-skill synergizes perfectly with her weapon. Her B and C help to keep her allies close whether she's the one teleporting or them. All in all a great unit and very worth pulling for, but I already decided I want Hilda sooo...skip.

On the other hand, I don't know if Hubert is that well liked. He may have gotten some shiny new skills, but I don't think they'll keep him 5* locked if he doesn't have popularity behind him. I know Petra, Hilda and Mercedes were considered top girls of their House, though I think Dorothea had Petra by a margin in Black Eagles. Look at Brady, he got the demote because his popularity was considered lacking, and HE had Infantry Pulse.

Another Three Houses banner huh. Well, at least it will be easy for me to skip even though Hilda's art and skillset looks great. I will probably just spend my tickets on green and bail out. I would rather spend orbs on the Hero Fest banner right now. Mercedes looks like the most likely to demote here looking at her skillset (if they are willing to drop Aether Raid skills now) because of course Blue Lions are going to get shafted the most.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Why TF is Mercedes here and not Dedue????~

I'm guessing they are saving Dedue for when gauntlets weapons get added to Heroes.

Edited by NSSKG151

15 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Look at Brady, he got the demote because his popularity was considered lacking, and HE had Infantry Pulse.

Brady actually has Infantry Rush, which is not all that commonly used

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm guessing they are saving Dedue for when gauntlets weapons get added to Heroes.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my night is ruined.

I like all these girls so I’m very happy. Hilbert is... there, but I don’t exactly dislike him. I especially want Hilda and Petra, and as much as adore Mercie I’m pretty sure she’s gonna drop. 

33 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

To be absolutely fair to IS, the Black Eagles are the most popular house, as shown by the in-game online data being nothing but Black Eagles units for basically every category. With this combined with some developer bias, it does make perfect sense why there are two of them in this banner.

They wouldn't have time to react to the data, though. Remember that IS mentioned about the Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn banners months in advance from their release.

Anyways, looks like no seasonal banner this month...but I wonder when/if they're going to do Tempest Trials? This banner or the CYL banner (if at all)?

In any case, Petra's on my radar; might consider Mercedes, indifferent on Hubert and I haven't gotten to know Hilda yet.

Also, announcements section says the GHB's the Death Knight. Huh.

ALSO THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS IN THE GAME YAAAAAAS

Edited by NoirCore

Speaking of no seasonal banner this month, a cynical part of me wonders if they're just not doing the dancer banners anymore because of this new trend of TTs running with seasonal units. Sure, they gave us a free young Azura as a refresher, but who knows if they'd be willing to give us another free dancer with the next seasonal dancer banner. Maybe the two new seasonal banners were to "make up" for it, if this is the case.

If they do run another dancer banner in September, then of course my theory is bunk, but I'm just wondering.

Well none of my favs are on here so I can save orbs for other banners,  Caspar or Felix would have made me pull, but no luck for me.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Easy pass. No Bernie and no Lorenz means my orbs are safe. 

2 Black Eagles characters. Kinda biased, developers?

Edelgard and the Black Eagles are apparently the most popular. Even the online statistics showed the Black Eagles primarily each month during part 2. 

Mercedes is my waifu, so I really want her. Unfortunatley, I'm broke from being pity broke, so there's that. Hopefully she'll get demoted. 

Oh gee. I wonder who DK is 😂

Either Mercie gets demoted or no one. She also occupies the third slot on the banner which has been reserved for demotes ever since Nohr banner. Hubert has too many new skills, some of which sound like whalebait. AR skills from what I've seen have had bad impressions so maybe now is the time they've responded to it or are throwing a bone

Scythe of Sariel will most likely have CD -1 due to 30 crit on it. As for it's second effect? Murderous Intent is the personal skill of DK that gave him +20 hit when initiating combat. So maybe a CD charge related effect or something. One of my bold predictions: motherfucker comes with DC.

Well, uh, that's a banner.

Hubert looks like great fodder, Hilda looks like she'll be competent, not sure what to think of Petra, and whether I like Mercedes will be solely based on stats.

Hilda's weapon is pretty cool. +6 Atk and Spd for herself if no allies near her have more Def than she does and +4 Atk and Spd for any ally near her with more Def than she does, so she has options to go full berserker with her Solo skill as well as support her teammates. Looking at the round of combat in the video, her Def doesn't seem all that high, so it shouldn't be too hard to activate either of those effects.

Hubert gets a slightly better version of Sorcery Blade that gives the effects to allies instead of wasting an A slot. I would have said he'd be demoting if Mercedes didn't have such a mediocre skill set.

And Mercedes has a really mediocre skill set.

Petra's weapon is also really interesting, encouraging her to use her default teleportation skills. She also works great added onto a team of all armors since they're likely to have higher individual stats than hers and benefit from Ground Orders.

We also finally get a name for the "double-range half-Litrowl" effect that several previous weapons have had.

Looks like a fairly solid banner, but I won't be aiming for more than 1 copy of each of them. I'm still recovering from summer (and FGO's summer event hasn't even started yet), and the leaked upcoming Legendary Heroes banner looks way too good to pass up.

Hmmm...I'm curious as to how they chose these particular characters for the first 'student banner' for Three Houses.  I thought Dorothea or Felix would be in the list.  Either way, think I'll skip this one...not really interested.  Also I have no orbs and too many other Heroes to summon.

Kind of a random batch of characters. Hilda is one of my kids though and she turned out insane in my playthrough. And I thought this month the only New Heroes we'd get would be CYL so it's nice to see a brisk pace of updates.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Speaking of no seasonal banner this month, a cynical part of me wonders if they're just not doing the dancer banners anymore because of this new trend of TTs running with seasonal units. Sure, they gave us a free young Azura as a refresher, but who knows if they'd be willing to give us another free dancer with the next seasonal dancer banner. Maybe the two new seasonal banners were to "make up" for it, if this is the case.

If they do run another dancer banner in September, then of course my theory is bunk, but I'm just wondering.

They have added Special Hero themes over the years, but I have not seen them remove a theme before.

Performing Arts was originally released on the last day of September and was rerun during late September last year.

Festival in Hoshido was released in early August last year.

The next Special Heroes Focus should be released some time within the next two months, so it could be as soon as within a few days or it can be as long as two months.