New Heroes Arrive: Changing Winds ( August 7 ~)

Coolmanio

No Lysithea, Dorothea, or Ashe, smh. I do like Hilda and Petra though, so I guess I'll try to free summon one of them. Side note, I think I would've preferred either Hubert or Petra (probably Hubert) swapped out for a neutral character like Flayn or Catherine.

Edited by Gregster101

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... Hilda and Petra both have enticing fodder - Null Follow-Up and Ground Orders respectively.

I'd probably prioritize Hilda since she's green and therefore a bit easier to get. For the case of Petra, she's got Ground Orders but I'd keep her if she's like +Atk and not -Spd.

Green > Blue > ???

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Allies with more Def get +4 Atk and Spd. Hilda looks like she has low Def (considering the lance knight she's fighting does 15 damage to her), so it makes sense to give a buff to allies with more Def rather than less. Her self-buff requires no allies with more Def than her near her, which is also easy to activate by simply running her away from her allies (which also helps keep her Solo skill active).

I am completely off my game today.

I'm actually pretty disappointed this is the next 3H banner. I like Petra, but I don't like the class choice they've given her here. I'm also disappointed that they decided to roll with the school uniforms. I was really hoping they'd do post time skip for the other characters. So now we have to wait to get another version of each character. On the bright side there aren't a lot of characters in 3H, but it'll still take a while to add them into this game.

Well, feature unit is obvious. XD Petra's set up for success on mixed teams. Real team player who requires pretty much no investment. Still, I don't plan on pulling for her. If she happens along, cool, but she's not one of my priorities. I wonder if we'll get any demotes this time around.

Edit: I think I'll free pull green, but that's it.

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

I'm actually pretty disappointed this is the next 3H banner. I like Petra, but I don't like the class choice they've given her here. I'm also disappointed that they decided to roll with the school uniforms. I was really hoping they'd do post time skip for the other characters. So now we have to wait to get another version of each character. On the bright side there aren't a lot of characters in 3H, but it'll still take a while to add them into this game.

I Guess it was needed to avoid overflooding the game with more Inf Swordies.

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Well she starts out with a good sword rank and somewhat trained in flying so all she needs is to continue training in flying and lances for falcon so it seems pretty fitting.

Also, definitely too early for post timeskip designs. Hasn't even been a month since the game released. I'd give it a year minimum before timeskip designs start appearing.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here are the info from the datamine:

Hide contents

f029db8.png

SmartSelect_20190805-175832_Relay.jpg

Scythe of Sariel, Blazing Flame, Escape Route, Close Def (at 4*)

Hubert has some big numbers in that Atk Stat, holy tomb.

Death Knight has a very weird stat-spread, that it would otherwise only work in a Armor; but hey, he actually has a weapon that plays around his decent Res and mediocre Speed.

12 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Death Knight has a very weird stat-spread, that it would otherwise only work in a Armor; but hey, he actually has a weapon that plays around his decent Res and mediocre Speed.

With Hone and Fortify Cavalry, he will have +10 to all stats, which helps him a lot, and be able to nullify foe's follow-up is always great! His low Spd isn't a problem if foe cannot double him.

I may build him.

Hilda looks more and more enticing. Screw it, I'll try to get as many copies of her as I can until the banner runs out and then more whenever she appears on a 3 person banner (I was gonna say Solo skills banner but then I remembered Yarne also has Atk/Spd solo and he's more likely to be on that kind of banner). Her offensive spread is super awesome and her Def is definitely flexible enough to let her go for either damage or cheerleading. Me being hyped for her aside, she's not really worth pulling for if you have a +10 Raven/Linus or plan to merge S!Ylgr.

Petra is about what I expected, workable Atk, great Spd, not so great bulk. This works in her favor, though. More often than not she'll be able to increase her Atk/Def/Res and her Spd is high enough that she doesn't really care about getting it higher. 

Hubert is a lot faster than what I've heard of him. Awesome Atk but I still think his weapon is worse than a Blade tome. He'll make an awesome nuke, but Lilina and Celica are comparable and Lilina is easier to merge. 

Mercedes...yeah. At +10 she might be a decent tank if you give her Absorb+ and CC but at base she sucks. Everything about her screams demote, but that stupid AR skill makes it dubious.

Death Knight...another turd. I saw what his weapon does and it's not great. Even at +10 he doesn't look all that hot when compared to F!Berkut or B!Eliwood when he comes out. 

It really is terrible what they did with Mercedes. It's like they were trying to make her as mediocre as possible for demotion, but I can't trust them on that because of that garbage AR skill and the fact that Brady was our last demote.

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

I Guess it was needed to avoid overflooding the game with more Inf Swordies.

And 3H already have double Byleths for that category from FEH, bringing the Sword Infantry total to precisely 50.

That is more than all Tome Infantries combined. Or Lance, Axe, and Bow Infantry combined.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It IS possible that they may be willing to demote Mercedes, AR skill and all, mostly because the other AR-skill units are going to be 5* exclusive anyways for a reason.

Picnic Flora, Picnic Lukas, Bride Sigrun, Summer Gunnthra? They're seasonal.
Naga? She's a Mythic.
Kjelle? She has Bold Fighter.

u/John_Jonas pointed something interesting out on Reddit:
27mcwabeloe31.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And 3H already have double Byleths for that category from FEH, bringing the Sword Infantry total to precisely 50.

Isn't like they would do much about it anyway... Byleth has a personal weapon, and see one Byleth get it and the other not would scream "FAVORITISM".

____

And yeah, Mercedes needs to demote.

Edited by Troykv

Spoiler

Poor Mercy. Don't worry. If you demote I'll +10 you. You're so sweet

DK isn't that bad. Maybe for GHBs and such, but against players buffs and armor march is rather common so he'd do well on bonus week. The only issue I have with him is his stat line. Otherwise pretty okay. I only wish he was as fast as he was in TH. Not even fucking Felix could double the fucker. In fact, he doubled everyone, even on Battle of Garreg Mach. So maybe rework his weapon for someone who is fast.

Edited by redlight

Spoiler

Man, I'm disappointed in the death knight. He's got great art and voice acting, but is in a saturated class, has an iffy, but workable stat spread (its not too far off from Berkut actually) and actually comes with a prf with cool effects that are very inconsistent. Innate Special Accel -1 is fantastic and the +4 to all of his stats + ability to nullify follow-up attack pairs up so nicely with that and brings his middling statspread to armor levels. However, requiring the opponent to be buffed makes the weapon effect situational, especially since you can't manipulate your own units positioning nor can you cheese the condition with something like dull close. 

Despite my gripes with him, I'll probably get him to +1 like all other GHB just because I like his statspread (despite not being great) and his weapon effect having some utility in AA, especially against legendary Azura teams or characters that use wave skills. 

Spoiler

Death Knight looks like he's intended to be a soft counter for armors and Gray Waves. He can run Dull Close or Dull Ranged to nullify their stat buffs and still prevent the follow-up since they have a movement buff. Too bad he's useless against Alm and Ophelia, though, but he should shine in Arena Assault since he can be built for a specialized role.

Hubert looks interesting, but he doesn't have access to a strong exclusive weapon like Lilina or Tharja, which is a bummer.

Petra's stats are nothing particularly special. Seems very dagger-y.

Hilda has more Def than I would have expected, but it's still low enough to make her weapon work, so that's good. She's basically a stronger Raven without the Slaying effect on her weapon, but with support capabilities.

Mercedes's stats are really mediocre. Not bad in any way, just nothing particularly striking. For comparison with existing staff users, she has Lucius's offenses (and better defenses) and Wrys's defenses (and better offenses), which actually isn't too bad. Just nothing really noteworthy.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Death Knight looks like he's intended to be a soft counter for armors and Gray Waves. He can run Dull Close or Dull Ranged to nullify their stat buffs and still prevent the follow-up since they have a movement buff. Too bad he's useless against Alm and Ophelia, though, but he should shine in Arena Assault since he can be built for a specialized role.

Hubert looks interesting, but he doesn't have access to a strong exclusive weapon like Lilina or Tharja, which is a bummer.

Petra's stats are nothing particularly special. Seems very dagger-y.

Hilda has more Def than I would have expected, but it's still low enough to make her weapon work, so that's good. She's basically a stronger Raven without the Slaying effect on her weapon, but with support capabilities.

Mercedes's stats are really mediocre. Not bad in any way, just nothing particularly striking. For comparison with existing staff users, she has Lucius's offenses (and better defenses) and Wrys's defenses (and better offenses), which actually isn't too bad. Just nothing really noteworthy.

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly. Fighter skills and L!Azura are incredibly common.

If you get good art for a unit and they're "powercreeping" someone then chances are that that unit is quite decent. Now that would be the case if Mercedes gets demoted. I hope she does.

Spoiler

I actually thought the Death Knight was really good until I realized it's the opponents that need to to be buffed and not him. That's terrible. Disappointed he is nowhere near as strong as in the actual game.

Hilda has way higher defense and spd than I thought she would have. I like it.

Hubert has a huge atk but honestly if it wasn't for his new fodder and Mercedes existing in the same banner I'd think he'd be a demote. Stats comparable to Ophelia but it's her tome that makes her truly great and he doesn't come with a comparable tome.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:
Spoiler

I actually thought the Death Knight was really good until I realized it's the opponents that need to to be buffed and not him. That's terrible. Disappointed he is nowhere near as strong as in the actual game.

Spoiler

In addition to Armor March units that Death Knight can counter as mentioned above, he can also counter beast flier balls decently with double Quick Riposte.

He is not amazing, but he is an affordable option for players who need a counter to the above units.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

But he would have been a much needed canon armor unit...

A new canon armor unit in the main pool? Are you crazy? And even a male one, yowie wowie!

Now honestly. I did wonder too why. Dedue would have made a lot of sense in this banners. And they did not bother much giving Mercedes a new Attack which is kind of a bummer. Outside of liking her, there is not much reason to go for this. At least there is some hope with her enriching the 4* pool. 

Also that we got 2 female Axe Infantry units in a row, all these years I kind of waited for this, even if it have been Echidna and Rinkah I waited for. With low expectation to Echidna appearing.