New Heroes Arrive: Changing Winds ( August 7 ~)

Coolmanio

Wow, Hilda already there. More Infantry Axe! I guess I will pull for her, she was one of my best units in my Golden Deer run. And really started to like her. And Petra feels a bit like Athena 2.0 also kind of like her. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did avoid spoilers.

Turns out it's Three Houses anyway.

Fuck.

Hilda's first as an Axe Infantry (Didn't we have that?) and has Freikugel (That's Eruca's!) (Spd +3, gives allies in two spaces with more Def +4 Atk/Spd in combat and if not in range of allies with more Def gets Atk/Spd +6), Moonbow, Atk/Spd Solo, Null Follow-Up and Def Opening (Just good fodder here). Hubert's a Red Tome Infantry and has Raudrfox (If initiating inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on enemy (I think he's a sacrifice to Canas), Growing Thunder, Chill Res and Infantry Hexblade (adjacent physical allies (not beasts) get AtkSpd +2 and adaptive damage). Mercedes is a Staff Infantry with Gravity+, Martyr+, Mircale, AR-D Spd/Res and Odd Res Wave and I finally have nothing to say gameplay wise about a new unit. Finally Petra's a Blue flying dagger (I mean, maybe?) and has Hunting Knife (Beastbreaker, -1 to cooldown, if she has less on any stat than an ally in 2 spaces she gets +5 to it in combat.), Luna, Atk/Spd Form (Grants Atk/Spd Xx2 for no. of allies in range, max 7 (I'm sorry, does this mean +7 or +14 to the stats at max? That latter's horrifying), Aerobatics and Ground Orders. Atk/Spd Form might be too much. The story has Thrasir finally return and no sign of the GHB unit in the background.

This complicates any other games getting banners doesn't it?

On 8/5/2019 at 7:42 AM, Hilda said:

of course! I am nit cheap to maintain!

Okay that's worth a giigle for me.

Edited by Dayni

Hilda and Petra already?! I was hoping they'd take a break on 3 houses if only to increase my orb stash a bit. Well Petra and Hilda are must haves for me so no way I'm letting this pass by without even trying. Hubert has good fodder so I wouldn't mind being pity broken by him in this or future banners. Mercie looks like a demote so hopefully that's true.

I just hope Caspar, Linhardt, and Dedue aren't released too soon. I imagine Caspar and Dedue would have gauntlets so at least they should take some time before coming.

Hilda, Mercedes, and Petra. So tempting, game. So tempting. Hero Fest, this upcoming banner, and CYL3. Every banner is a bait banner, I suppose. Hero Fest and Changing Winds both have freaking summoning tickets too.

I'll laugh my ass off if Dedue gets into Heroes if he's just infantry with Bartre's stats. The fucker at least deserves to come with sturdy stance 4 in his base kit

Gauntlets would be great symmetry mostly. All colours have identical options for magical damage, and each has two options for physical ranged damage (barring red, but it exists on generics), but grey only has one source of physical melee damage whereas all other colours have two. I want Gauntlets just to make this Gamepress matrix less OCD-inducing:

30Uubun.png

Oh thank goodness Caspar and Sylvain's not here yet. Really good banners all around and I keep going under 20 orbs (hope we get Gauntlets in FEH though...hopefully why Dedue isn't here yet).

Might use tickets for Petra just for Beast Effectives so I can just go for CYL Micaiah instead of both her and CYL Eliwood.

DIdn't expect Hilda to come in so fast, but kinda wish it they use later designs for all these units personally

nice banner, happy for mercedes, hubert and hilda; i like petra too, but not as much as the other 3

mercedes' boring-to-say-the-least skillset could mean she'll get demoted, but i highly doubt it

oh well, this is non-day1 games' treatment, to see 95% of their units locked at 5* forever

Edited by Yexin

No Sylvain, no Ashe, no Lysithea... So that's a easy skip for me. But I can see that @Nowi's Husband have a new tome to get to Halloween Nowi.

Poor Mercedes... what a trash skillset. Is IntSys trying to make the 5* Colorless pool trash again, with units like Mercedes and Brady? Oh well...

I am surprised they gave a Relic to Hilda... I was expecting this in her timeskip version... So maybe Sylvain can have the Lance of Ruin.

Infantry Hexblade looks to be a interesting skill. And the Form Skill is kinda like a powercreep version of a Bond Skill.

About 2 Black Eagles units, this is my opinion:

Spoiler

The Black Eagles has two paths to choose: the Empire route and the Church route. Maybe that's why they gave us 2 units from BE? Of course if can be favouritism from IntSys.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Oh boy a new type of weapon and C passive that makes Sorcery Blade seem a little useless. 

Inf. Hexblade doesn't make Sorcery Blade useless. They are completely different. Sorcery Blade grants adept damage to the user when adjacent to tome allies, while Inf. Hexblade grants adept damage to some infantry allies when adjacent to the unit who has the skill. One affect the user, while the other affect allies. It's like Infantry Breath, which doesn't make any other breath skill useless.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Oh boy GHB unit who... uh... totally has no per-established links to any characters on this banner, nope no way no how not this Death Knight. Teeheehee.

We know the only thing that is  consistently good from FE is the incest, text or subtext. Even the Death Knight is also 👌👌👌👌👌 in that regard and Rhea is more audacious than the entire Kuran family from Vampire Knight, that says a lot

3 infantries and 1 colored dagger? Yes, good to know this banner is skippable!  I already had my eyes on all CYL units but Alm, but I know CYL would be paralogue without TT and that makes me sad.

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Inf. Hexblade doesn't make Sorcery Blade useless. They are completely different. Sorcery Blade grants adept damage to the user when adjacent to tome allies, while Inf. Hexblade grants adept damage to some infantry allies when adjacent to the unit who has the skill. One affect the user, while the other affect allies. It's like Infantry Breath, which doesn't make any other breath skill useless.

Big difference, Sorcery Blade takes up an A slot and doesn't have Atk/Spd +2.

The A slot, therefore, can now be used for any number of beneficial skills.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Big difference, Sorcery Blade takes up an A slot and doesn't have Atk/Spd +2.

The A slot, therefore, can now be used for any number of beneficial skills.

That's true, but still... One skill doesn't make the other useless, even though Sorcery Blade not being a great skill for the A slot.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's true, but still... One skill doesn't make the other useless, even though Sorcery Blade not being a great skill for the A slot.

Maybe so, but... I just dont think Sorcery Blade is long for the world now without getting a tier 4 upgrade.

I mean, the A slot does far more for combat than the generally supportive C slot, and HexB seems inheritable by anyone, making it more lenient than SorB demanding a Magic ally specifically. Yes this can mean any magic user, Magic is Everything and all that, but this is just what Infantry Emblem is, granting entire skills to nearby infantry. Whales probably already made an entire infantry team around Inf Breath.

Edited by Xenomata

Just now, Xenomata said:

Maybe so, but... I just dont think Sorcery Blade is long for the world now without getting a tier 4 upgrade.

I mean, the A slot does far more for combat than the generally supportive C slot, and HexB seems inheritable by anyone, making it more lenient than SorB demanding a Magic ally specifically. Yes this can mean any magic user, Magic is Everything and all that, but this is just what Infantry Emblem is, granting entire skills to nearby infantry. Whales probably already made an entire infantry team around Inf Breath.

I am not sure about teams around Infantry Breath... Infantry Pulse is more popular. I don't see Infantry Hex becoming a popular skill,. Maybe in Offensive teams for AR, but not for defensive teams, for example. I was interested in the skill until I noticed that dragons cannor use it. My infantry team has a sword unit, a dragon, a tome and a staff, so only one of them can use if, not making the skill worthy for my case. I still prefer skills like Infantry Rush or Infantry Breath.

And to be fair fair, Sorcery Blade was already consider not a good skill when it as released.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I just realized...

They TOTALLY should have given Mercedes Live to Serve! I know these days it's kinda meh, but it's her goddamn Personal Skill in Three Houses!

They could have introduced her with Live to Serve 4.  Question is. What would 4th tier Live to Serve do?!

41 minutes ago, Usana said:

They could have introduced her with Live to Serve 4.  Question is. What would 4th tier Live to Serve do?!

Hm... that's a interesting one...

Live to Serve heals the user the same amount as the ally is healed. Maybe it could also affect adjacent allies, or 50% of the heal to allies within two spaces?

1 hour ago, Solaris998 said:

No, the voice actor's name is most definitely Robbie Daymond, not Draymond

I was completely mistaking who it was, that's my bad.

Like, with what I was thinking it makes no sense why I thought that.

If anything, Mercedes should have had her personal skill Live to Serve in FEH so if she demotes she could have that as a 4 star skill. Kind of silly the only way to get Live to Serve 3 is either from Ethlyn or 5 starring a Wrys.

I mean yeah I know the Wrathful/Dazzling staff is better but it annoys my OCD

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Spd +3, gives allies in two spaces with less Def +4 Atk/Spd in combat and if not in range of allies with more Def gets Atk/Spd +6)

Allies with more Def get +4 Atk and Spd. Hilda looks like she has low Def (considering the lance knight she's fighting does 15 damage to her), so it makes sense to give a buff to allies with more Def rather than less. Her self-buff requires no allies with more Def than her near her, which is also easy to activate by simply running her away from her allies (which also helps keep her Solo skill active).

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

If anything, Mercedes should have had her personal skill Live to Serve in FEH so if she demotes she could have that as a 4 star skill. Kind of silly the only way to get Live to Serve 3 is either from Ethlyn or 5 starring a Wrys.

I mean yeah I know the Wrathful/Dazzling staff is better but it annoys my OCD

Elise has Live to Serve too, but she's not on new heroes banners because of developer decisions.