Good classes for Byleth?

I'm ready to start my NG+ route and want to do something different for Byleth. The norm seems to be a sword-related class, and that's what I went with during my initial playthrough. I used Thief, Hero, then Enlightened One. Are there any other good classes I should go for that utilize Byleth's strengths but also mixes it up a bit?

12 minutes ago, Platysaur said:

I'm ready to start my NG+ route and want to do something different for Byleth. The norm seems to be a sword-related class, and that's what I went with during my initial playthrough. I used Thief, Hero, then Enlightened One. Are there any other good classes I should go for that utilize Byleth's strengths but also mixes it up a bit?

You could try out Dark Knight (Totally nothing to do with how that class seems to be aimed at me) since its usage of Swords seems to have been swapped for Lances after 2 games offensive Magic is always fun too. 😃

My poor planning means my M Byleth isn't trained in Kung Fu, and my next playthrough when it happens will be as F Byleth which means no Kung Fu. That makes me sad. So do Kung Fu when you can. Shame the grappler class doesn't actually have wrasslin' animations because I want to suplex the death knight.

My first play-through I went straight for Soldier -> Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight. Falcon Knight makes your growth rates look like this.

Name HP Str Mag Dex Spd Lck Def Res Cha
Protagonist 75 55 35 45 65 45 35 35 45

Those are some pretty good all-around stats and amazing combat stats on a class and you'll get some pretty dang good class abilities for this route and high flying and lance. 

I went whole out magic: 

Monk > mage > warlock > enlighted one

I love this combo because I love magic, although Byleth's spells aren't so great so far

I did Falcon Knight and ended on Enlightened One for my first playthrough. My Byleth ended up absurdly strong and fast so I'm going to work on Mortal Savant this time. I think a Wyvern Knight would be really fun though.

Went Fighter > Thief > Merc > Swordmaster > Enlightened one. Get to enjoy the latter half of the game where no one really gets above 50 to hit and many sit comfortably around 5 to hit and an infinite use 50% heal combat art. Hard classic, Game is basically whether or not I can complete the objective with Byleth before my equally leveled units die to the horde.

You could always try out Fighter > Armored Knight/Cavalier > Great Knight. For Blue Lions, there are students from both other houses that require Armor and Riding experience. For the other routes, it fills a defensive niche in your party that would otherwise be taken by units like Dedue or Gilbert. And in both, it helps alleviate that sub-40 Def growth and makes it less stressful to take some risks in battle.

The one bad thing about Great Knight Byleth is that you'll have to spend some free time getting Mentored until you at least unlock Knight and Cavalier, but if you're New Game+, that takes away a bit of the issue.

9 hours ago, Mister Marlowe said:

You could always try out Fighter > Armored Knight/Cavalier > Great Knight. For Blue Lions, there are students from both other houses that require Armor and Riding experience. For the other routes, it fills a defensive niche in your party that would otherwise be taken by units like Dedue or Gilbert. And in both, it helps alleviate that sub-40 Def growth and makes it less stressful to take some risks in battle.

The one bad thing about Great Knight Byleth is that you'll have to spend some free time getting Mentored until you at least unlock Knight and Cavalier, but if you're New Game+, that takes away a bit of the issue.

Keeping Byleth alive wasn't an issue, keeping him from slaughtering half the map on hard classic was. Basically I had to go out of my way to keep my units leveled without Byleth and Edelgard killing everything with their 6 stat ups a turn and the gravy train of approx 120,000 gold allowance. The rest of my units were distressingly frail even if they hit like a truck.

On my NG+ run I paid for heavy armor C and faith A to get Fortress Knight and Bishop bases at level 20, then went Swordmaster to fix the str and speed with growths. Works quite well, switching back and forth between Enlightened One and Swordmaster as needed.

Still on first run, but went myrmidon-mercenary-hero-enlightened one.

Only lacking in defense I think it's at like 14 right now and resistance is a tick higher.  Still having no issues mopping the floor with enemies.

Also, enlightened one has the worst male costume I have ever seen.

Edited by Wolfen09