Best path to do after Blue Lions?

I'm taking suggestions for the next path I should take. I was leaning towards the Black Eagles' Edelgard path so I can see both sides of the story, since it'd be interesting to see Edelgard's reasoning behind things. However, the Golden Deer seem to have some cool things too, without going into spoilers. Thoughts?

I'm only still working on Blue Lions myself, but I intend to go with Golden Deer next, purely based on liking more characters that route. (The spoiler tab below only relates to the Blue Lions path you've already played, so it's there for anyone else's benefit.)

Spoiler

and feeling bad about, you know, killing so many of them in the Blue Lions route. Seriously, at this point Marianne's alive because I recruited her, and Claude and Hilda retreated in Chapter 17 instead of dying like everyone else. Which is a shame, because I felt bad about killing all of them. Even Lorenz who I didn't particularly like.

I took Claude and the Golden Deer's path first as he was the most intriguing lord for me out of the 3. I was expecting more story of Dimitri in the second part, but due to the lack of it, I decided to go with Blue Lions for my 2nd run, and leave Edelgard last. I'm at Chapter 6 now, and so far the routes are very similar with slight differences. I feel like Lions have more depth on the conflicts so far, but for me Golden Deer storyline was quite enjoyable as a first run.

Spoiler

I was planning on not even attacking Claude and friends after he said "Let's just wait and see what happens" (paraphrasing), but I mean I guess if you want to teleport your other army inside of mine and all in attack at the same time, then you do you.

Blue Lions path also doesn't at all cover what happened to Rhea, so I'm currently planning on going the Edelgard route

Play El's path is what I say tbh. Its what Im doing ,and its a good way to understand where she was coming from with the BL route. Plus itll answer questions you might have about the church and things as a whole that BL doesnt offer.

I also suggest making a separate save at Chapter 11, as thats when you make your choice between Edelgard or the Church, and just do the church route right after. That way you dont have to run through early game a 4th time to do it.

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Play El's path is what I say tbh. Its what Im doing ,and its a good way to understand where she was coming from with the BL route. Plus itll answer questions you might have about the church and things as a whole that BL doesnt offer.

I also suggest making a separate save at Chapter 11, as thats when you make your choice between Edelgard or the Church, and just do the church route right after. That way you dont have to run through early game a 4th time to do it.

There are benefits to not using one save for both.

Spoiler

Namely, if you are planning to do a Church run, it may be best to level Edelgard as little as is possible to keep both of them alive, so as to not waste experience on units you're not using in the war phase. Whereas in an Edelgard/Empire path, you probably want to level them a lot, as they are both powerhouses (and not use Flayn more than you have to).

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

There are benefits to not using one save for both.

Hide contents

Namely, if you are planning to do a Church run, it may be best to level Edelgard as little as is possible to keep both of them, so as to not waste experience on units you're using. Whereas in an Edelgard/Empire path, you probably want to level them a lot, as they are both powerhouses (and not use Flayn more than you have to).

Spoiler

Good point, though considering this would be a NG+ path, and you can bump your Professor Rank to A+ from the start if you want, grinding isnt too difficult to catch people up level wise. Everyone is roughly around the same level for me before timeskip, which was 20-22. So while its a good point, especially from a resource standpoint as gold and materials used on her equipment would go to waste as well, along with seals, its not a big deal at least.

I'd suggest Black Eagles because:

A) OP was already leaning in that direction,

B) If you don't plan to make a separate save like Tolvir said, you will have to play Part 1 of their story twice, and you might be bored of dealing with the same group of students twice in a row instead of going Eagle, Deer, Eagle,

C) Ferdinand and Caspar don't get their B-Supports until Part 2, so New Game+ data from an Eagle run will make it easier to recruit them in a later Deer run

Edited by Mister Marlowe

On 8/5/2019 at 10:07 AM, Garlyle said:

I took Claude and the Golden Deer's path first as he was the most intriguing lord for me out of the 3. I was expecting more story of Dimitri in the second part, but due to the lack of it, I decided to go with Blue Lions for my 2nd run, and leave Edelgard last. I'm at Chapter 6 now, and so far the routes are very similar with slight differences. I feel like Lions have more depth on the conflicts so far, but for me Golden Deer storyline was quite enjoyable as a first run.

I think Golden Deer is a good first route because it's the most "lore" heavy and it

Spoiler

basically deals with everything that happens behind the scene while the other routes seem more focused on the war itself

Which means you get a nicer understanding of the other routes as a result.

Edited by Vyniea