FE4 - Chapter 3 Levels?

pepsi

Hi, I've been having a hard transition from the 3DS games to Genealogy, but it's pretty fun still. I spent pretty much all day doing chapter 2 (it was a rough one) and was wondering if there's anything I need to be concerned with regarding my levels? I've been trying to use the arena as much as possible but still struggling with winning fights.

Sigurd 20.70
	Naoise/Noish 12.54
	Alec 8.51
	Arden 4.32 but I barely use him anyways
	Azel 7.98
	Quan 15.31
	Finn 17.90
	Ethlyn 15.92
	Midir/Midayle 10.39
	Aideen 14.00
	Dew 1.98 lol
	Ayra 8.67
	Jamke 10.30
	Deirdre 7.02
	Holyn 15.11
	Lachesis/Raquesis 6.29 (I've been told to try to promote her ASAP but I hardly had many opportunities for her other than healing and like the first two rounds of arena, plus she can't afford the Paragon ring I sold)
	Lewyn 10.67
	Sylvia 2.10 pretty hard to level
	Beowulf 10.37
	Erin 7.46

Nobody's promoted more than their recruitment class still. As for Lex, he died in the prologue and I didn't realize I would struggle so hard with this game so I had no savestate to go to lmao.

Sigurd doing well is no surprise, everyone is struggling though.😬

Chapter 3 is the hardest fight of Gen 1. Mostly because of the enemies that appear when you conquer the first castle. And unfortunately I'm not an aficionado of how to handle that. If you can get past that, the rest of Genealogy Gen 1 won't be too bad. Hopefully others who know how to handle that particular situation will help you through it.

Quan and Finn doing well is good and all, but they'll be leaving after this chapter, which will leave you lacking for manpower in Chapter 4. But only the beginning of that chapter is particularly challenging.

As for Lachesis, the trick to leveling her fast is spamming the Return Staff, which gives 35 EXP a use.

I would refrain from giving Sigurd too much experience. Silver sword is all he needs. The others are needing more experience than he is since he's technically a pre-promote. Lachesis just needs staff spam using Return to grind her levels. Sylvia should just dance spam honestly. Just as an overall tip, use your mounted units to clean up villages and castles that are out of the way. Your infantry should keep moving forward to castles in a straight line. Also, you need Lachesis to speak to Eldigan for her Earth Sword so you're gonna need to lure him into her range. Be careful with this as he is extremely powerful and will destroy any unit he comes across. Deidre leaves in Ch. 3 after capturing the first castle (Madino) so be sure to sell her equipment minus the circlet and give her money to Sigurd.
EDIT: PM me if you would like. I can gauge your progress and give you enough information to tackle Ch.3 without giving you a wall of text to read through.

Edited by Syndixel

You can easily break Lachesis/Raquesis by giving her a paragon ring and return staff... spam that a bit and you get level 20 no problem

same with all the healers in this game... since Return + Paragon grants 60 EXP per use... if she could warp and paragon she gets 100 exp (but she cant) 

The strat you didn't use is to have Dew steal gold early on to buy the paragon ring... or capture the first initial castle quickly in Chapter 2 so she can visit the village and obtain the Bargain Ring.... (Though I recomeend doing this when you have cleared Castle 1 and 2 though... since Castle 3 is nice enough to wait for you to approach them)