Boss conversation thread

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I'm also interested in this. Missed both chances to fight them with Caspar T_T

Hide contents

Of course the game doesn't tell you that he's his uncle until AFTER you kill him.

It's not interesting. There are two fights, and one is more like

Spoiler

: I know you.. Caspar? It's not because we're from the same family that I'll won't kill you! 

Something like that. Also, he doesn't share his blood with Randolph so Caspar is sad.. But not too much. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, timon said:

Crimson flower ch16, some damn sad ones

Reveal hidden contents

Sylvain has dialogues with both Felix and Ingrid.

I'll never recruit one of the trio again omg. Maybe Felix makes more sense, but I can't have Sylvain fight his friends again, even if following Edel is the better decision.

That said, I can't wait to make Annette slaughter Mercedes and Gilbert, lol.

Also depending on who you kill first between Felix and Rodrigue they have a line ("I'll avenge my son" and "father, I'll fight in your name", something like that).

How does the conversations goes?

Does Sylvain embraces Edelgard’s anti-crest ideas?

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

How does the conversations goes?

Hide contents

Does Sylvain embraces Edelgard’s anti-crest ideas?

Spoiler

Going off memory, Sylvain with Felix is something like

S: "Hey, remember when we were kids? We said we'd die together"
F: "Guess you were right, but you'll die first lol"

And with Ingrid

I: "How could you do this S? Do you have no honor? No sense of duty? How can you fight for imperial scum?"
S: "I'm sorry, but the world we want to create is more important than my homeland"

As for your question, going off various explore dialogues, he does agree with the ideals, but when you start fighting Faerghus he's definitely uncertain about going into battle.
His opinion of Dimitri is low though, I remember in chapter 14/15 he says something like "that mad king must be stopped at once".

On 8/11/2019 at 5:51 AM, Book Bro said:

Crimson Flower chapter 17 spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah.  Rhea's mad, and Byleth doesn't say anything.  I don't have the exact quote, though, but I vaguely remember Rhea resolving to kill Byleth.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:
  Hide contents

Yeah.  Rhea's mad, and Byleth doesn't say anything.  I don't have the exact quote, though, but I vaguely remember Rhea resolving to kill Byleth.

Haha that pretty much describes all of Crimson Flower

Recruiting Dorothea to Golden Deer (probably other routes as well), I seem to remember her having a unique conversation with Ferdinand. She also has some chilling dialogue about that once you're back at the monastery.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, timon said:
  Hide contents

Going off memory, Sylvain with Felix is something like

S: "Hey, remember when we were kids? We said we'd die together"
F: "Guess you were right, but you'll die first lol"

And with Ingrid

I: "How could you do this S? Do you have no honor? No sense of duty? How can you fight for imperial scum?"
S: "I'm sorry, but the world we want to create is more important than my homeland"

As for your question, going off various explore dialogues, he does agree with the ideals, but when you start fighting Faerghus he's definitely uncertain about going into battle.
His opinion of Dimitri is low though, I remember in chapter 14/15 he says something like "that mad king must be stopped at once".

Spoiler

Felix and Ingrid goes something like this if you recruit Felix CF route

F: *groans*

I: Felix!? What have you done you betrayed basically everyone

F: Leave or I'll kill you too!

He actually seems rather unhappy about the whole deal, unlike when he meets his father...

Edited by CyberNinja

On 8/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, Great Knight Snoopy said:

Some combinations on the Crimson Flower route, didn't get all of them because one of the units was too low of a level and/or I didn't want to fight the other person. I'll try and find the dialogue and put them in the spoilers.

Annette and Gilbert (Chapter 12 transcript)

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 12, it's a really sad one. I'm pretty sure they also have one in Chapter 18 but I didn't fight him.

"Annette, throw down your arms!"

"I'm sorry, Father. But I have made my choice. I'm not going back to the Monastery, to the Kingdom, or to you, Father!"

"Forgive me Goddess. Annette. if you side with the Empire, I will have no choice but to kill you."

Catherine and Shamir (Chapter 18 transcript)

Reveal hidden contents

"Hello, Catherine. I always knew this day would come."

"What a coincidence, so did I. It seems that now we have no choice. We have nothing in common. Not our backgrounds, not our beliefs."

"Not the way we lived...or the way we'll die."

Crimson Flower Chapter 17 (no transcripts, just summaries)

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think Dedue has any special dialogue if you have someone fight him while he's still in human form. Ingrid doesn't get anything special with Dimitri (only the generic "fighting against former Blue Lion" dialogue), and apparently Sylvain doesn't as well. For Felix Dimitri calls him out for killing his father.

Mercedes and Annette (transcript)

Reveal hidden contents

"Mercie..."

"Now, now, Annie. There's no need for that. This is a battlefield, after all."

"I'm so sorry... You know that, don't you? And also know that you don't have to forgive me..."

"I was going to say the same thing. I'm so sorry if I cause you any pain."

Crimson Flower Chapter 14 has generic dialog for Lysithea fighting former Golden Deer. Some cooler dialog between Edelgard and Lysithea (which is also a pretty good support).

Marianne fighting Hilda in Chapter 14 also triggers some dialog reminiscent of Mercedes on Annette or vice versa in Chapter 18. Terribly tragic.

The unique boss dialogs are one of my favorite parts of Fire Emblem. These games just must take so much effort to write, in part because of details like these.

On my GD run and I accidentally triggered the dialogue btw Caspar and his Uncle. I insta killed the uncle with Caspar, and after that, Caspar leveled up, and his generic victory sound bite was kind of hilarious considering he just killed his uncle haha....

i saw a screen cap on twitter from someone who had recruited Sylvain and was fighting against Felix. Don’t have it memorized, but it was depressingly tragic. Idk if it matters if you are on a GD run or BE run through. I’m doing my GD run and recruited Sylvain, so I guess I’ll find out when I go up against the BL...

On 8/17/2019 at 6:54 AM, Thane said:

Recruiting Dorothea to Golden Deer (probably other routes as well), I seem to remember her having a unique conversation with Ferdinand. She also has some chilling dialogue about that once you're back at the monastery.

I actually took some screenshots of that because it really stood out to me so here you go for anyone who's interested:

Spoiler

we1OTqh.jpg

larYoQM.jpg

7Cv2Qr0.jpg

NpsQW4i.jpg

mep93BN.jpg

iUQkQdG.jpg

yN1IC0j.jpg

I'm really upset because I actually tried to recruit him over to my house the last few months before finding out the hard way that his B support is time locked and I didn't have enough time to raise my armor skill T_T

Anyways, on the same chapter

Spoiler

Ladislava is there and Ferdinand has a pretty interesting conversation with her when he's dying. I don't remember it in detail but it was something about him telling her to flee and she saying she'll stand her ground and protect the bridge till she drops dead.

Does that conversation still happen with someone else if Ferdinand is recruited? Is there any conversation between them if you kill Ladislava first? And does Ladislava have any boss conversation with anyone?

Still on the same chapter, Claude and

Spoiler

Acheron have a conversation. It was pretty humorous and it had something to do with Claude pointing at Acheron's burning castle. Wish I could remember it in detail.

Anyway, I assume Lorenz has a conversation with him. Has anyone seen either this one or the one in their paralogue? Because I missed both of those.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot. Ferdie has a conversation with Byleth about how jealous he was of them because Edelgard was always paying attention to Byleth. Not something I was expecting of him.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I actually took some screenshots of that because it really stood out to me so here you go for anyone who's interested:

Wow, thank you. This is some really good battle dialogue, honestly. Dorothea just sounds so tired after the timeskip; it's really quite chilling.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Wow, thank you. This is some really good battle dialogue, honestly. Dorothea just sounds so tired after the timeskip; it's really quite chilling.

It's even reflected by her post time-skip leveling up and class changing dialog. She's just a great character.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I do like that a whole lot. Every character has some chances but Dorothea is the most striking chance. 

''More fighting.....'' and ''only thorns left on this route'' just sounds so sad. It adds some depth to a character that's essentially a gold digger. 

9 hours ago, brubie` said:

My favorite is definitely Flayn with the boss during Claude's paralogue (although many of my characters had special convos including seteth, claude, byleth, and probably anyone with a crest of the 12 heroes)

She has a similar convo with the boss of Leonie &Linhardt’s paralogue.

I forgot to jot it down, but on the Myrddin Bridge battle (Church route), you square off against Lorenz, and I dispatched him with Byleth. He then says something about a burial fit for a noble, and how he'd want one.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, Thane said:

Part 2 Dorothea just makes me feel bad.

I’m glad to see more people appreciating post-timeskip Dorothea. Few things in this game have stuck with me like the things she says after the 5 year skip. She sounds so exhausted with war... this is a girl who came to the officers’ academy to find someone to marry, not to fight a war, and you can see the toll it has taken on her. That scene with Ferdinand, both during and after the battle, was heartbreaking when I saw it in my GD run, and I didn’t even really like Ferdinand that much. But just hearing Dorothea mournfully say “We killed Ferdie” was like a knife in the gut. Dorothea is super useful and a fantastic character, but I almost feel bad for bringing her along, this is not someone who should be fighting a war, she’s far too kindhearted to be killing people, especially former friends. 

Interestingly some hidden/impossible battle convos have been found in the game files. They concern Blue Lions Ch. 18 and seem to imply a different outcome on said route. I wonder what the idea behind this was?

Spoiler

They were provided on Youtube by DeathChaos, but found by Sierra.

Link Part 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG35-BifhWI

Link Part 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxc--LNrzZQ

On 8/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, RandomWizard said:

Leonie has a boss conversation with

Hide contents

Kronya, after Jeralt dies.

It's a good conversation, even if it doesn't add a lot to either character.

Spoiler

Leonie: "Monica! You'll pay for what you've done."

Kronya: "I told you I am not Monica, I am Kronya!"

Leonie: "I don't care what you are called.  I don't care if it takes until my last breath.  I will kill you."

Kronya: "Please!  My powers are beyond your comprehension. You're just a filthy worm!"

Here's the quotes I know:

Mercedes and Death Knight in chapter 4 (if i'm not wrong).

Annette and Gilbert in Crimson Flower chapter 18.

Linhardt and Leonie with the boss in their paralogue.

Felix and Rodrigue in Crimson Flower chapter 16.

Hannemann and the bandit boss in his paralogue (I don't know if Manuela have one).

Lorenz and Acheron in his paralogue.

If i found the quotes i'll post them.

Edited by Justanotherguy

On 8/5/2019 at 5:56 PM, Perkilator said:

What was the EXACT dialogue between Ashe and Lonato? I could care less about Lorenz, I'll find THAT one out for myself.

Lonato: Stand down, Ashe. I must destroy these evil-doers by any means necessary!

Ashe: Please surrender, Lonato! Whatever your reasons for doing this, we can still talk it out!

Lonato: Rhea is an infidel who has deceived the people and desecrated the goddess! We have virtue and the goddess herself on our side!

Ashe: Even if all that's true, dragging the townsfolk into it like this isn't right!

Lonato: Enough. If that is how you feel, prepare yourself! I'm putting an end to this!