If You Could Make Your Own House of 8 Students...

Carter

Who would you pick? What classes would you make them?

I know that the house leaders probably wouldn't leave their class, but if I could just pick and choose students at the start of the game, I'd definitely go with Claude, Edelgard, Hilda, Lysithea, Ferdinand, Dorothea, Sylvain, and Mercedes. If I had to stick to just one house leader, I'd go with Claude and then have replace Edelgard with Felix. I haven't played the Black Eagles or Blue Lions routes, so the characters I picked from those houses are purely based off of how much I like their appearances.

I'm still in the pre-timeskip part of the Golden Deer route and haven't had any characters reach a master class yet, but I have had characters reach an advanced class and I feel like some of those options are more "fitting" for what classes I'd want to make my characters (like being a Sniper instead of a Bow Knight).

Spoiler

Claude - Sniper

Edelgard - Warrior

Hilda - Falcon Knight

Lysithea - Gremory

Ferdinand - Paladin

Dorothea - Dancer

Sylvain - Hero

Mercedes - Bishop/Gremory

Felix - Swordmaster/Assassin/Mortal Savant

Still in pre-timeskip Black Eagles. My answer is certain to change at some point, but for now, assuming you only get one House leader and you can only choose actual students (i.e. no Knights of Seiros or professors):

Spoiler

Edelgard

Hubert

Marianne

Ingrid

Sylvain

Petra

Felix

Dorothea

and Ferdinand

are my choices.

Edited by De Geso

I just beat Golden Deer. I love Claude, so he would have to be my house leader without a doubt. As far as the other characters, my choices would be:

Spoiler

Hilda - Wyvern Lord

Felix - Dancer/Mortal Savant

Lysithea - Gremory

Sylvain - Paladin

Petra - Assassin/Wyvern Lord

Marianne - Holy Knight

Ingrid - Falcon Knight

Dimitri - great Lord

Leonie - falco knight

Duede - warrior/ war master

Felix - mortal savant

Marianne - gremory

Bernadette - bow knight

Ferdinand - wyvern Lord 

Mercedes - bishop

I love Dimitri's looks post time skip, leonie screams Pegasus knight to me though the game pushes paladin, duede despite being a pillar man fits too well with Dimitri and Felix to not be here, Felix cause you need a badass sword weilder and looks boss as a mortal savant, marianne because her ice magic and looks as a gremory remind me of the bad chicks from fe7, benrie is a favorite of mine and bow knight is a good choice, Ferdinand's character I like, his growths not so much and I just think his personality would fit better as a wyvern Lord as opposed to a paladin or great knight, and Mama Mercedes has to be a bishop though her magic growth is like 4 pts below my other 6 mages at the moment and at same lvl.

Oh, I love this question! I wanted to make a well-balanced group so this isn't just based on my favorites. Ironically, I picked Blue Lions (first playthrough) and only Ingrid is on here. Please note that I have not beaten the game yet, so these favorite characters could change. Also, I don't know how viable some of these characters are with these classes. 

1. Edelgard- Emperor(?)

2. Ignatz- Mortal Savant 

3. Ingrid- Falcon Knight

4. Hilda- Wyvern Lord

5. Bernadetta- Bow Knight 

6. Lysithea- Gremory

7. Caspar- War Master

8. Marianne- Holy Knight

Edited by Bk1234

Black Eagles as the base.

Swap Hubert for Felix. Felix is the better Edgelord.

Swap Bernie for Marianne. Marianne is the better recluse by way of access to Ice magic.

Swap Ferdinand for Shamir.

Swap Caspar for [Catherine or Hilda]

BORDERLINE MAYBE swap Petra for Lyisthea

Edited by Tribute