[Spoilers] About the choice during Ch. 11, Black Eagles

So I am not sure at all what should I choose. I've heard that if you side with the Church you lose Edelgard and Hubert but also that Edelgard's route is quite short...

I supose I will play both routes, but which one should I play first? Someone who has played both have any recommendations?

I'm really confused (Btw it's my first playthrough, so I have not played any other house route yet)

I don't think it's true. GD is about past Church is about Byleth. They focus on different things

Anyway I wouldn't recommend Edie route. It's route filled with lot desinformations that might give you wrong ideas even if it explains why she think going so far is necessary.. I think you should play church and GD before that. 

Also you get Seteth and Cathrine in curch route automatically as well as Flayn stay with you. So you don't loose much by missing Edie and Hubert.

I'm kinda wondering about that difference between those two routes for Edelgard's and Church of Serios's route.

What does recruiting be differ when I take to Edelgard's route? (Does all the playable characters from Church of Serios will become unrecruitable in Edelgard's route or is Rhea be the only non-recruitable antagonist in Edelgard's route, like you loose the Support of Rhea?)

Also, what does the Church of Serios route have in recruiting that is differ from Edelgard's route? Does it have only Edelgard and Hubert will no longer become playable characters in that route or will all the Black Eagles students become unrecruitable in that route? Also, can the Church of Serios route recruits all the Blue Lions (Dimitri included) and Golden Deers (Claude included) students as well?

Edited by King Marth 64

I think that "Church" is a wrong name for that route, its not really the church, its more like "Byleth's" route tbh.

If you will play it first DONT play GD after that though.

So you should go BE1>BE2>BL>GD, make a save before chapter 11, to get "both" routes.

Or just ignore BE1 and do BE2, because BE1 has the same maps as GD.

Ironically but i think that BE1 should be called "Birthright", and BE2 should be "Conquest" , it fits the themes of both routes more.

7 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think it's true. GD is about past Church is about Byleth. They focus on different things

Anyway I wouldn't recommend Edie route. It's route filled with lot desinformations that might give you wrong ideas even if it explains why she think going so far is necessary.. I think you should play church and GD before that. 

Also you get Seteth and Cathrine in curch route automatically as well as Flayn stay with you. So you don't loose much by missing Edie and Hubert.

Seriously? Disinformation? Just how far are you fanatic fools going to take this fight? Doubting even manline game content because it doesn't fit your close minded opinion? You really need to take a break because you are seriously obsessed.

1 hour ago, Nickdos said:

Seriously? Disinformation? Just how far are you fanatic fools going to take this fight? Doubting even manline game content because it doesn't fit your close minded opinion? You really need to take a break because you are seriously obsessed.

Why are you being so rude?

I would recommend the church first as well, but I do recommend keeping a safe file to not have to do the black eagle run all over again.

Okay, so juding on your opinions, I think I'll go Church first, it makes me sad because I bonded with all my students and to lose 2 now... also Rhea makes me so uncomfortable. But well, I'll play Edelgard's route after it (I'll make a different save file rn)

And yes I was going to leave GD for my last playthrough anyway, after both BE routes I'm planning on playing BL. 

Thank you guys! 😊

26 minutes ago, Kyan Surr said:

Okay, so juding on your opinions, I think I'll go Church first, it makes me sad because I bonded with all my students and to lose 2 now... also Rhea makes me so uncomfortable. But well, I'll play Edelgard's route after it (I'll make a different save file rn)

And yes I was going to leave GD for my last playthrough anyway, after both BE routes I'm planning on playing BL. 

Thank you guys! 😊

I would also recommend switching Byleth's gender atleast once, that way you can "unlock" both genders for Event and Cutscenes viewer.

How long does the Church route take? Because I've read that Edel's path is shorter, but the Church is actually the easiest path?

Asking because I also want to play Church first to understand Edegard's way better, but I'm kind of thinking of "rushing" through it just to see the story play out.

1 hour ago, timon said:

How long does the Church route take? Because I've read that Edel's path is shorter, but the Church is actually the easiest path?

Asking because I also want to play Church first to understand Edegard's way better, but I'm kind of thinking of "rushing" through it just to see the story play out.

Church route is the same length as all the other routes. El's is slightly shorter for some reason I still don't understand. Definitely take your time though with whichever route you pick to do first. I feel like a lot of people here finish one route, read a few spoilers, and quickly leap to conclusions.  Nothing about the plot of this game or it's characters is clear-cut or black-and-white. 

8 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm kinda wondering about that difference between those two routes for Edelgard's and Church of Serios's route.

What does recruiting be differ when I take to Edelgard's route? (Does all the playable characters from Church of Serios will become unrecruitable in Edelgard's route or is Rhea be the only non-recruitable antagonist in Edelgard's route, like you loose the Support of Rhea?)

Also, what does the Church of Serios route have in recruiting that is differ from Edelgard's route? Does it have only Edelgard and Hubert will no longer become playable characters in that route or will all the Black Eagles students become unrecruitable in that route? Also, can the Church of Serios route recruits all the Blue Lions (Dimitri included) and Golden Deers (Claude included) students as well?

As far as I know: when choosing Church you just lose Edelgard and Hubert. When choosing Edelgard you lose all the Church/Knights of Serios characters, I think. You keep the teachers and students recruited in both paths, but you cannot recruit Dimitri and Claude in any of them.

Edited by Kyan Surr

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Also one detail about consequence of certain S rank

Reveal hidden contents

If you decide S rank Rhea, she will be able cling to her sanity and keep living instead dying. 

Spoiler

I won't S rank her, she triggers the sh*t out of me and I prefer she dying tbh hahah thanks for the advice tho