Time-locked support conversations compilation thread *Minor Spoilers*

1 hour ago, Ririn said:

Just want to check: the main post removed Dimitri x Everyone at C and B and this is the same with Dedue's. Does this mean that I don't have to grind support between Dimitri x Everyone up to B? The same with Dedue's? 

Yes. The short answer is that I goofed. Only the ones specifically listed now (plus their C-supports with Byleth of course) should be locked to pre-skip.

The long answer is that you can tell which convos are time-locked by viewing them in the extras menu. Once you’ve seen a conversation, you have the option of viewing it in any context that it could possibly arise in. If the convo can happen both pre-skip and post-skip, you will have the option to toggle the convo to see it both ways with the pre-skip or post-skip character models (most of the supports themselves are the same, but some have drastically different wording to accommodate the time-skip). If it only occurs pre-skip or post-skip, then the game only gives you the option to view it in that context. The problem I ran into is that you only have the option to view convos in post-skip mode if you’ve actually made it to that post-skip part (I.e., verdant wind, azure moon, crimson flower, etc.) Since I hadn’t made it to the Blue Lions time-skip yet (azure moon), the game was only giving me the option to view Dimitri and Dedue ‘s convos in pre-skip mode (since they naturally can only occur post-skip in azure moon), which I mistakenly believed meant that they were pre-skip only. Once I actually made it to the time-skip, everything cleared up.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the kind of thing to worry about too much, since it's an unlock rather than a lock, but Byleth/Hilda's A support is only available from chapter 16 onwards in Golden Deer.  Dunno about the other routes if you recruit her.

Edited by GSR

13 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Yes. The short answer is that I goofed. Only the ones specifically listed now (plus their C-supports with Byleth of course) should be locked to pre-skip.

Thanks for the clarification.

Does the same apply to character x character interaction? For example,  I'm on BL route, could I still trigger the C support post timeskip

A. Between recruited characters, each from a different houses (other than your own house) e.g. Ferdinand(BE) x Marianne(GD) 

B. Between recruited characters both from the same house e.g. Ferdinand x Dorothea

C. Between a recruited character and a BL student eg. Ferdinand x Mercedes

15 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Does the same apply to character x character interaction? For example,  I'm on BL route, could I still trigger the C support post timeskip

A. Between recruited characters, each from a different houses (other than your own house) e.g. Ferdinand(BE) x Marianne(GD) 

B. Between recruited characters both from the same house e.g. Ferdinand x Dorothea

C. Between a recruited character and a BL student eg. Ferdinand x Mercedes

Yes to all three in my experience. I was able to get C supports between all three combinations after the timeskip for my playthrough of BL.

Question about the wedding ring. I just want to make sure.

I did make sure to get the scene regarding the wedding ring in Jeralt's room. This DOES count as me obtaining it, right? Because it seems as though it isn't an actual Key item or anything that's placed in my inventory.

Cyril-Byleth C-support is pre-timeskip only. 

8 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

Question about the wedding ring. I just want to make sure.

I did make sure to get the scene regarding the wedding ring in Jeralt's room. This DOES count as me obtaining it, right? Because it seems as though it isn't an actual Key item or anything that's placed in my inventory.

Yes, its not an actual item. You should be good.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:20 AM, MaskedMaskoftheMasks said:

Since nobody has commented on it yet I think:

You have to do both Lorenz x Catherine C & B before timeskip I think

I was able to do both Lorenz x Catherine C and B after the time-skip (but before Chapter 19 as mentioned in the post above). Did you do the Ashe x Catherine paralogue?

I hate that the Byleth X Ferdinand B support is locked until post-time skip. I misssed out on recruiting him and Leonie because of the stupid locked supports. I wish there was an indication for a deadline until when you would need to get the locked supports like with the paralogues. I could have easily recruited all recruitable students on my first playthrough if it weren't for them but there was no way my armor rank would get high enough for Ferdinand in time.  

Spoiler for post-timeskip Blue Lions plathrough:

Spoiler

I actually just killed Ferdinand as well... Feels bad man. Hearing other student like Dorothea talk about how we killed "Ferdie" doesn't make it any easier. I like this game for this but I really wish I would've gotten a chance to know about the fact that I can only recruit Ferdinand with Skill level beforehand since I would've focused on getting there way earlier. Same with Leonies C support. I feel especially bad about Ferdinand since he was clearly Anti-Edelgard after the Flame Emperor reveal and how she toppled his house. It would've made perfect sense to recruit him.

Edited by Ichini-ni

You can get Gilbert and Catherine's support in Part 2 without issue.  Considering that you can't use Gilbert in Part 1, and only way to get support would be Monastery activities, it makes sense.

And I can confirm it personally as I got the supports on my first playthrough and never did any kind of monastery activities with Gilbert.

Spoiler

P9JSFhw.png

Edited by Jacien

Just wanted to add that in BL, Lorenz and Catherine B-rank is post-time skip locked for me as well. I'm in Chapter 17, literally right after I've re-recruited Lorenz, so there is no earlier time in the time-skip for me to have done this. They may be doable in other routes.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, GoldLider said:

So, yeah, I'm in chapter 4 and, for some reason, the game says that I've lost my opportunity to support rhea(?!) 

Golden Deer route here

My next goal is to thoroughly investigate Rhea’s supports since they seem to be very limited. Hold on.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, Jacien said:

You can get Gilbert and Catherine's support in Part 2 without issue.  Considering that you can't use Gilbert in Part 1, and only way to get support would be Monastery activities, it makes sense.

And I can confirm it personally as I got the supports on my first playthrough and never did any kind of monastery activities with Gilbert.

Reveal hidden contents

P9JSFhw.png

I was locked out of it when I tried to do it (around Ch. 17 or so). Can you tell from the support if it needs to be before Dimitri regains himself (or maybe before she revisits her old home to ask for reinforcements)?

On 8/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, Aracheonic said:

I'm in the BE route post time skip and I can confidently say that Raphael and Lorenz's C Rank support is time locked

It isn’t in other routes, but Raphael does mention that “if Lorenz wants to be leader of the Alliance someday.” So, maybe it’s unavailable once you destroy the Alliance (which happens fairly quickly on BE)?

This guide has been super helpful, and I wanted to post something I just found. I'm on a GD run, and I'm actually on ch. 21 trying to finish the remaining supports between my students and the game says I missed the opportunity for Caspar x Petra A Support. I have no idea when the cutoff for this would be.

On the Golden Deer route, I actually missed the opportunity to A rank Byleth x Petra, but I'm not sure when the cutoff point is, as I got her to A rank at the second-to-last chapter. I also missed Caspar x the Petra B-rank, and I think cutoff point would be the end of I believe Chapter 18. I'm not 100% sure, since I got to their B-rank afterwards, but it makes sense for that to be the cutoff point, as

Spoiler

Caspar's father is said to have died after the battle in that chapter, and he's a major element in Caspar and Petra's supports.

I was aiming to get every Support I could in this playthrough (sans Rhea but whatevs), so it's just my luck that Petra was part of two missable ones for my route...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! Playing golden deer route, almost at the end of the game (past chapter 20, lost count sorry, it's been a while since I played) and recruited every single damn character (except Gilbert) 

Here my blocked supports. Just to confirm with you. 

Locked post-time skip:

Byleth X Claude (B support locked) 

Byleth X Seteth (C support locked) 

Linhardt X Caspar (C support locked)

Annette X Ingrid (C support locked) 

Ashe X Marianne (C support locked) 

Petra X Caspar (C support locked) 

I don't play with the knights of seiros (Alois, Catherine, Shamir... Etc) or the professors that much so I wouldn't know if they have any locked supports. But so far this is all I gathered. Hope it helps. 

On 8/6/2019 at 12:06 AM, Moonlit Knight said:

Glitches (?)

On new Game Plus, if you access the holy tomb through the Amiibo Gazebo, it appears that the game cuts off some supports that can only be obtained early on (like Byleth x Dimitri C or Byleth x Rhea)

What does this mean exactly? Going to the tomb makes these impossible to get? I thought you could only go there in Part 2?

On 9/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, ZKTurtle said:

but it makes sense for that to be the cutoff point, as 

Makes sense! I know - gameplay wise - this sort of thing is annoying, but I can't fault the attention to detail in stuff like this. It's just so amazing!

Hi, I'm on GD campaign & need help unlocking Claude's B, is there a specific requirement for it? At 1st I assumed he might be like Caspar until I've read here it's obtainable preskip only which luckily I'm still on that part..but so far I had zero results opening the scene

6 hours ago, Mariposa said:

Hi, I'm on GD campaign & need help unlocking Claude's B, is there a specific requirement for it? At 1st I assumed he might be like Caspar until I've read here it's obtainable preskip only which luckily I'm still on that part..but so far I had zero results opening the scene

Are you spending enough time near him on the battlefield?

18 hours ago, Nightgalleon said:

Linhardt X Caspar (C support locked)

Petra X Caspar (C support locked) 

I wonder what are the requirements for these conversations. I don't think it's the time skip that lock those out, since the support conversation viewer in the extra menu has Part 2 versions of these conversations.