What do you thin the new story DLC will include?

The next topic to be discussed is the expansion pass DLC. Yokota says that the first DLC to be released is one to change the main character’s costume to that of a student uniform, and that they have plans to implement costume changes for other characters in the future. The additional stages to be included in the expansion pass will be side stories (not post-game story content), and they are also considering adding new characters, and Yokota says that the pass will have quite a bit of volume. He also says that lunatic difficulty will be added in a free update apart from the expansion.

With the above, so the new story DLC will not alter the game, be a new route, introduce a new ending, but just new characters etc which will not have an impact on the overall story?

What do you think? Do you think this will be like a P4G or a P5R scenario?

That's kind of lame. I was hoping for an additional route or post game rather than more gaiden maps.

That being said, I think your prediction may be apt.

Maybe some prequel type stuff, like how jeralt escapes the monestary fire stuff, the massacre of duscur, maybe a short couple missions about the first battle we see in the opening cinematic.

Probably an obligatory beach map, just hope no time children.

Speaking of children, would like to see time warp forward about 18 years to see any of our paired characters kids pop up in a very organic way, similar to fe4, none of the time travel bull shit

Edited by Wolfen09

Spoiler

I was hoping for more chapters to Edelgard's path..Guess it won't be the case then. 

Anyway I would say some minor characters could be recruitable, those who are only NPC in some chapters. Or some that are unique and did nothing at all ; I felt some should have been available. 

27 minutes ago, Metakirby said:
  Hide contents

I was hoping for more chapters to Edelgard's path..Guess it won't be the case then. 

Anyway I would say some minor characters could be recruitable, those who are only NPC in some chapters. Or some that are unique and did nothing at all ; I felt some should have been available. 

Time to recruit the gatekeeper.

I'd really like the named female paladin NPC from Edelgards route to be recruitable.

But also, there seem to be quite a few loose ends, notably the Death Knight never really got explained, Edelgards uncle who definitely isn't up to some shit, and AFAIK Thales never actually got killed right? Just his  discount B the Beginning Self Inserts assassin and the other lackeys

Unless other routes deal with them, I just finished Black Eagles.

Edited by Tribute

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

I'd really like the named female paladin NPC from Edelgards route to be recruitable.

But also, there seem to be quite a few loose ends, notably the Death Knight never really got explained, Edelgards uncle who definitely isn't up to some shit, and AFAIK the head mutant dark bishop guy never actually got killed right? Just his discount B the Beginning Self Inserts Annette and the other lackeys

Thales gets dealt with in another route.

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

But also, there seem to be quite a few loose ends, notably the Death Knight never really got explained, Edelgards uncle who definitely isn't up to some shit, and AFAIK the head mutant dark bishop guy never actually got killed right? Just his discount B the Beginning Self Inserts Annette and the other lackeys

From what I understand the Black Eagles Empire route and the Blue Lions route are both focused highly on the war, while the Church route and the Golden Deer route are both based on the underside of things.

No El route expansion? Well consider me thoroughly annoyed. They spend so much time hyping up the shadow war that I was more excited

Spoiler

To fight dieselpunk mechs with missiles rather than yet another feral manakete. Hell, the slither bois go as far as to pretty much nuke a city in retaliation for El killing one of their generals. Once they showed that capability off, everything surrounding the church began to feel more like a side-show to the true war.

Criticisms aside, any speculation as to what side-stories they will add? We thinking more paralouges or chapters exploring the history of Fódlan?

4 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Exactly.
On that topic, I'm really sad that

Spoiler

he gets replaced by "his twin" if you go Empire. That's the real moral struggle of going with Ed.

Also the Imperial army NPCs are so very good designs, I'm sad they're not playable. Especially the warrior, why did we get Caspar when this guy's around?

I secretly hope for a Jeralt recruit as well, I know it wouldn't make sense, but I just love his character. And throw in Rhea while we're at it.

23 minutes ago, timon said:

Exactly.

Hide contents

he gets replaced by "his twin" if you go Empire. That's the real moral struggle of going with Ed.

Also the Imperial army NPCs are so very good designs, I'm sad they're not playable. Especially the warrior, why did we get Caspar when this guy's around?

I secretly hope for a Jeralt recruit as well, I know it wouldn't make sense, but I just love his character. And throw in Rhea while we're at it.

Don't Jeralt and Rhea have growth rates hidden in the game's code?

Either way, time to S-support the gatekeeper.

40 minutes ago, timon said:

Exactly.

Hide contents

I mean, given Awakening got paralogues for Emmeryn, Walhart, et al. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

I actually really like Monica’s design but I’m not expecting them to make her playable. I can still hope for it though.

I’m expecting the last DLC to be a prequel of sorts. I do think it would be fun if it ends up being a mini ‘introduction’ to a sequel or something. 

Edited by zuibangde

18 hours ago, Tribute said:

But also, there seem to be quite a few loose ends, notably the Death Knight never really got explained, Edelgards uncle who definitely isn't up to some shit, and AFAIK Thales never actually got killed right? Just his  discount B the Beginning Self Inserts assassin and the other lackeys

There's a Paralogue that explains a lot about the Death Knight.

18 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I want to recruit the merchant from the Eastern Market. At least, in the Japanese dub, his voice is fantastic.

I think it might still be a 5th route myself. There's some stuff found through datamines that make me believe this, along with the fact that we have 5 save slots, not 4, which would otherwise be one for each route.

Spoiler

There was data found for Jeralt and Sothis having voiced lines for crits, choosing them on the map, etc. Makes me think that the last DLC may be a 5th route, maybe one where events go differently and Jeralt doesnt die, and Sothis doesnt merge with Byleth and becomes her own entity again?

Edited by Tolvir

I hope more about Nemesis and Sothis background. They are still mostly mysteries even you played all four routes.

- Edelgard and Claude gave conflict story about Sothis, what's the truth about the ancient war?

(I am more leaning on Rhea's version since how violent Nemesis is and how "Sothis gave Sword and Crest to Nemesis" doesn't make sense consider how they were made from heart and bones of Sothis).

Hopefull we also get to see true form of Sothis (she must be very tall consider how large her throne was, Female Byleth could barely sit on it.)

- Who's Nemesis and what's going on in Zanado. He's one of most promoted villian pre-release, yet only showed up in one route with very little explaination

- More about TWIST and their goals

- Hopefull oppertunity to use Rhea, consider how important she is in the story yet was never recuritable. I was under impression that she's a lord in one path pre-release, and she indeed has complete character package including battle, level, crit quotes and full growth.

Edited by Timlugia

On 8/7/2019 at 8:12 AM, Tolvir said:

I think it might still be a 5th route myself. There's some stuff found through datamines that make me believe this, along with the fact that we have 5 save slots, not 4, which would otherwise be one for each route.

Hide contents

There was data found for Jeralt and Sothis having voiced lines for crits, choosing them on the map, etc. Makes me think that the last DLC may be a 5th route, maybe one where events go differently and Jeralt doesnt die, and Sothis doesnt merge with Byleth and becomes her own entity again?

Doubt it. They outright said no 5th route.

And unused voice clips are nothing new. Berkut has a whole list of unused clips suggesting he might have been planned as playable at one point but they didn't go with it.

Edited by Sentinel07