Things You Didn't Realize Way Too Late Into The Game

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Finally, if you're having an easy time with a map, USE DIVINE PULSE TO RESET BAD LEVEL UPS. This saves a lot of headache, but can only really be used when you have excess.

How do you tweak the RNG?

I tried the usual suspects like arrow spinning and ending turns

8 minutes ago, Tribute said:

The game more or less “locks” in the RNG for a level-up when you start a map. You can’t tweak it using Divine Pulse, except maybe to go back and ensure that that character doesn’t gain a level that map if you’re really desperate.

1. Authority is pretty important as end-game Batallions grant massive stat boosts (and it helps when fighting against the monster enemies too). If you are not wielding two weapon types (like Sword/Bow or Faith/Reason), and are not on a mount, make the second skill Authority.

2. Plan out your final classes and keep in mind you do not have to go all the way to Master Classes. Some Advanced Classes work just fine for endgame content as all the training for a Master Class may be better spent elsewhere (Primary Weapon or Authority) as Master Classes are only around at the end of the game.

45 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Yeah, I usually do what moonlit knight said. You can't change a level up, but you can prevent it from happening, which if a character would get nothing or only one stat is worth it, IMO. Level ups are determined for each character at the start of every map.

14 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, I usually do what moonlit knight said. You can't change a level up, but you can prevent it from happening, which if a character would get nothing or only one stat is worth it, IMO. Level ups are determined for each character at the start of every map.

I thought so.

I didn't realize you meant literally just don't level them

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Linhardt is probably the best user of Stride in vanilla BE due to being proficient in healing magic allowing for faster obtainability of Physic, AKA the bread and butter of the best healers in the game. Stride+Physic allows your healer to heal basically anyone with Physic's long range. 

Stride doesn't technically work this way. It's a Gambit, so using it takes up your action. Still, you could make use of this strategy with a Dancer.

Edited by KnightOfNohr

49 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Stride doesn't technically work this way. It's a Gambit, so using it takes up your action. Still, you could make use of this strategy with a Dancer.

Pretty sure he's just saying Stride synergizes well with Physic.

Turn 1 - Have your healer use Stride on your whole team. Healer gets left in the dust.

Turn 2 - Have your healer Physic to heal your team, doesn't matter if you can't catch up.

For this reason I actually found it better to put Stride on Dorothea than Linhardt, since she could also nuke enemies with Meteor in addition to healing with Physic. Linhardt to my knowledge does not get long-range black magic.

My brain thought Renown and Prof XP were the same thing, so I never contributed to the statues and missed out on all those bonuses until probably about 40 hours in.

I also didn't know about the combat arts thing and I'm dumbfounded. Headed into the final GD map and I'll finally have the right combat arts on. Goodness.

Forging repair all your uses, so it's usually a better option than repair (more costly, but better on long term.)

Use Combat Arts ! They can be really good, and you have plenty weapons usage anyway.

I was convinced Gambit was the only way to break Monsters' barrier, when what it does is focusing the ennemy on you. You break teir defences with strength attacks.

On the topic of Authority, Flying units can only use Battalion with Flying Movement, and the first Flying Battalion is D Rank. As such, raising their Authority is especially important for them.

Edited by Tamanoir

For some reason, I was super sure I could only gift people one item per week, to limit how fast I could recruit anyone. Didn't realize there was no limit to that until I watched someone else play. Also only expected to be able to recruit a few students before making my class too large, so focused on only recruiting my favourites. Annnd then it was too late.

Agreed about studying for high skills for using batallions and master classes. Missed out on several mounted classes thanks to having the wrong study goals. Oh well. Gives me new stuff to aim for with my second playthrough.

50 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

I was convinced Gambit was the only way to break Monsters' barrier, when what it does is focusing the ennemy on you. You break teir defences with strength attacks.

Yeah, getting units with tabby Def or Res (depending on the monster in question) is the best way of using gambits. Though, many gambits are really good for breaking armor, as they can hit multiple parts at once (Absorption is the biggest example in my experience).

3 hours ago, De Geso said:

I used to think that you only needed one of the listed weapon ranks to promote into the class, not both.

This is actually the case for the beginner tier of classes, so it's easy to get that impression.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

This is actually the case for the beginner tier of classes, so it's easy to get that impression.

By which, you mean, the Fighter class.

Fishing. Man Fishing is overpowered on the right days.

If you go fishing on a day where there's a lot of fish, you get Professor EXP for each fish. That's at least 150 for Excellent Red fishes, and even a cool 25-50 for the small fishes.

And oh man getting Yellow fish... one Excellent catch is like 2k in Gold Fish. Made buying all that bait over the months worth it to reach A+ Professor Rank.

Also sending out a Traveler with a Master Seal? Turns out leaving them out for a few days will net you 71k in gold and a butt-ton of resources.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Fishing. Man Fishing is overpowered on the right days.

If you go fishing on a day where there's a lot of fish, you get Professor EXP for each fish. That's at least 150 for Excellent Red fishes, and even a cool 25-50 for the small fishes.

And oh man getting Yellow fish... one Excellent catch is like 2k in Gold Fish. Made buying all that bait over the months worth it to reach A+ Professor Rank.

Also sending out a Traveler with a Master Seal? Turns out leaving them out for a few days will net you 71k in gold and a butt-ton of resources.

Sorry, what's this sending out a Traveler business? I'd like 71k in gold. 🙂

44 minutes ago, AwakeningFates said:

Sorry, what's this sending out a Traveler business? I'd like 71k in gold. 🙂

If you're connected to the online service, talk to the NPC north of the classrooms, prosaically named "Online Liaison" or somesuch. Chose not to use the feature personally as it's a bit damaging to immersion.

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If you're connected to the online service, talk to the NPC north of the classrooms, prosaically named "Online Liaison" or somesuch. Chose not to use the feature personally as it's a bit damaging to immersion.

Eh, it's not really something I minded. Granted I think it'd have been better to pick a traveler out of generic units, ala the servants in My Castle in Fates, but otherwise it didn't make or ruin anything for me.

Not realizing that certain supports are chapter locked. Even if you level up someone to a particular point you have to wait for progression to actually use it and pouring gifts into someone to raise it is wasting items.