Things You Didn't Realize Way Too Late Into The Game

Lost items appear where the unit who lost them was standing the previous month. I realized this when playing yesterday and it saves a lot of time during exploration.

Also, you should only return lost items to your students when their motivation is less than 100 so you can reap the benefits of doing so. Obviously for characters outside your house it doesn't matter.

Different monsters give different materials on a shield break - I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to get Wootz Steel and Mythril all through the back half of my last playthrough.

Edited by De Geso

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, charcoalswift said:

I thought this is rather straight forward and is the top reason for canto abuse

Well it's a bit tricky, (it took me as well some time to figure out), because when you press mount/dismount the game makes you stay in the actions menu, so you feel like you have to either attack, use an item, or wait. I would've guessed pressing B would put you back on horse (or on foot), just like pressing B for canceling when you're moving someone. I'm not even sure it's supposed to happen btw, it would be surely less broken if it worked the other way, and more intuitive as well.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, Sire said:

I didn't realize the Title Screen changed until after I cleared my 3rd route. Maybe it changed then or I was just blind and didn't notice beforehand.

The main reason I picked it up was because I was watching Claude's English VA stream Three Houses and the title screen was different to what I had.

The title screen changes randomly after your first finish. It reverts back and forth from both versions when I soft reset the game.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:02 AM, KurashiDragon said:

Edit: Also, any save file with the Soothis logo is treated as a new game plus file so you can use them for a new playthrough. I.E if you're midway through another playthrough and it has a soothis logo, you can use it as a new game plus if you want to reset for whatever reason. The only thing that carries over from the currently playthrough of that file is time. Everything else gets treated as the previous playthrough *Confused wording is confusing* I.E If you're playing black eagles on a new game plus file that was blue lions before, it'll carry over everything from that blue lions playthough but it'll keep the time of the black eagles playthrough. 

BE: 156:12 Keep

BL: 149:32 Lose

That's amazing. I mean, I don't quite know why I would use that, but it's still really interesting.

@Altrosa Actually, some of the budding talents are really good, regardless of whether you'll ever use the stat.

Bernadetta grabs pass, which is the ONLY it can be acquired in the entire game (not even assassins and thieves have it), which lets her have some fun shenanigans.

Ferdinand and a bunch of others also get the seal abilites, which are up and down depending on your playstyle.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:02 PM, KurashiDragon said:

I'm not sure this counts as it's not really something I didn't realize, just something I didn't think about cause you only really get the chance to 3 - 5 times. In the very first fight when you're fighting with all the house leaders, you can take the weapons and vulneraries of the ones you're not gonna pick. 

Edit: Also, any save file with the Soothis logo is treated as a new game plus file so you can use them for a new playthrough. I.E if you're midway through another playthrough and it has a soothis logo, you can use it as a new game plus if you want to reset for whatever reason. The only thing that carries over from the currently playthrough of that file is time. Everything else gets treated as the previous playthrough *Confused wording is confusing* I.E If you're playing black eagles on a new game plus file that was blue lions before, it'll carry over everything from that blue lions playthough but it'll keep the time of the black eagles playthrough. 

BE: 156:12 Keep

BL: 149:32 Lose

Sorry, I'm confused. Is this different to the cleared-game save file? 

That Relics can be used by anyone who has a Crest, minor or major.

That was the first playthrough, and partially the second. But then, well...

Spoiler

I gave Bernadetta Failnaught after Claude gives it to the army after Chapter 19.

To be quite honest, someone else could have used a Relic like Crusher or the Rafail Gem.

15 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

That Relics can be used by anyone who has a Crest, minor or major.

That was the first playthrough, and partially the second. But then, well...

Hide contents

I gave Bernadetta Failnaught after Claude gives it to the army after Chapter 19.

To be quite honest, someone else could have used a Relic like Crusher or the Rafail Gem.

I had pretty much the same experience.

This one I actually blame the game for. If you play Golden Deer, when you get the Sword of the Creator, Claude straight up explains to you how the relics work and how anyone with a Crest can use any of them. There is no such explanation in either the Blue Lion or Black Eagle routes.

34 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

I had pretty much the same experience.

This one I actually blame the game for. If you play Golden Deer, when you get the Sword of the Creator, Claude straight up explains to you how the relics work and how anyone with a Crest can use any of them. There is no such explanation in either the Blue Lion or Black Eagle routes.

I did not notice, since I played Golden Deer first.