Is assasin worth it?

So i've questioned, do i really need assasins? I got an ocean seal and im not sure if i should promote Colm or use it on Ross since i'm somewhere between chapter 17. I mean i have tougher units like paladins or swordmasters that are basically much more mobile and versatile than them. One skill that really stand them apart is the silencer but its got a fairly low chance but i just feel the current state of my units, they could do kills much cleaner.  Besides, i could use swordmaster with killing edges. What do you think guys, should i promote Colm to assasin? Is it worth investing long term?

I find that Rogues are better than Assassins, and you probably already have Rennac anyway, so I think Dr. Tarrasque has the right idea.

Besides, if you really want an Assassin, Colm isn't your only option; Joshua and Marisa can also become Assassins.

In a word: No. Promoting Colm to Rogue is better. And while Marisa and Joshua are both also capable of becoming Assassins, it's not worth it there either since 15 crit is just better than an unreliable OHKO.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Assassin marisa with shamshir has offered some pretty solid results in my experience (roughly 25% silencer rate)

The issue is, Swordmaster is just better for her (and Joshua) because most enemies are so weak that a normal critical hit is enough to put them down.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The issue is, Swordmaster is just better for her (and Joshua) because most enemies are so weak that a normal critical hit is enough to put them down.

I loved it better in Blazing Sword when they have made them lower in speed and that it also sucks in the other GBA games, they are only given +15 crit. In general...Assassin is a worser choice by the badder bases that it has over Swordmaster for those that aren't fond of tedious grinding.

Edited by PuffPuff