[Spoilers?] Time Skip Re-recruitment

Wooster

Alright, so I was playing the Golden Deer, and post time skip, Ashe disappeared from my roster. None of my remaining characters had listed any support with him, so I was convinced that I had somehow accidentally killed him and saved over it… leaving me with the unenviable dilemma of restarting the game or continuing with a man down (Something I've never done in any Fire Emblem).

Skip ahead to the volcano map, Ashe appears as a generic opponent. His conversations were generic monologue-y.

As I couldn't get him to talk, I ended up recruiting him Path of Radiance Shinon style… (beating him up with the protagonist). I immediately got a prompt asking if he could rejoin and I SLAMMED yes.

My question is: Are there other characters who have non-regulation post time skip re-recruitment requirements?

One per path, Lysithea in the Eagles (I think Empire only?) and IIRC Lorenz in the Lions.

btw, can you support with him? I read of people that had those timeskip recruits greyed out.

EDIT: forgot to mention, those recruitments can happen even if you didn't get them as students

Edited by timon

I can support him, and his stats were all restored. My guess is that the grayed out supports were pre-time skip locked, and if you first recruit him post time skip then you're prevented from doing any supports.

4 hours ago, timon said:

One per path, Lysithea in the Eagles (I think Empire only?)

Nah, if you recruit Lysethia and you choose to go the Crimson Flower route, Lysethia stays with you throughout the entire game.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, if you recruit Lysethia and you choose to go the Crimson Flower route, Lysethia stays with you throughout the entire game.

Can confirm this is correct. However apparently she can also be recruited on the bridge map even if you didn't get her into your house in Part 1.

I'm playing Black Eages -> Church route.

Just got to the post time-skip Ashe chapter. I had previously recruited him, but he and Lorenz never came back.

My Byleth obliterated Ashe and I never got the option to recruit him. Is there anything I can do differently from the start of the battle? There was no talk option. I tried not killing him in one combat, but I literally couldn't manage my speed/strength/weapon such that I didn't one combat KO him (tried putting heaviest shield on, using heaviest weapon, etc.). 

1 hour ago, Chaotix said:

Can confirm this is correct. However apparently she can also be recruited on the bridge map even if you didn't get her into your house in Part 1.

I've also heard that you can get her post timeskip, but I'm sure (or well... I damn hope) it's not the bridge map, because I beat that map and she wasn't there. There was Ignatz, that's it.

Though there were some cavalier reinforcements that came in and got out in like 1 turn, maybe I should've waited to "rout" them and she would've appeared? I hope I didn't miss out on Lysi, I really want to see that Edelgard support that everyone keeps going on about.

I can confirm that Lysithea is a free recruit on the Empire route in part 2. I built no support with her in part 1 and when I killed her in part 2 the game gave me a prompt to recruit her.

She was a bit disappointing though, because her enemy stats were much higher than the stats that she joined with.

Can confirm, Lorenz seems to rejoin later than your other recruits if you recruit him into BL

Spoiler

Probably due to the fact that House Gloucester sided with the Empire, but I haven’t gotten that far yet.

Which sucks, because I was using him as a replacement for Ingrid, who still had 11 strength at level 20.

On an unrelated note:

Spoiler

Dedue comes back, right? I’m kinda worried, considering he was one of my best units, but he still hasn’t shown up.

• 1 month later...

ok so me and a friend were comparing notes, lysythia recruit seems to be common on crimson flower, but he got the lorenz recruit in blue lions chapter 16 where as i didnt, which is odd. the only reasoning we could find was that he had a B support with lorenz (new game + let him unlock the supports) but that fell apart when i realized that i didnt have any lysythia supports from my black eagles run. does any one have awnsers to that? it couldnt have been that i just didnt kill lorenz either, as he is a commander on a kill all commanders map

Lorenz and Ashe must both be recruited pre-time skip to be re-recruited in Part 2. Lysithea in CF does not need to be recruited pre-time skip. Lorenz will be at the Great Bridge on AM (ch 15) while Ashe will be in Ailell (Ch 14) in VW. Lysithea is in Deirdru (Ch 14) in CF.

Dedue will rejoin at the Great Bridge of Myrddin in AM (ch 15) if you did his Paralogue pre-time skip.

Marianne will be dead if she is not recruited pre-time skip in non-VW routes (her supports reveal that pre-time skip she is suicidal) which is why you will never see her in Part 2 non-VW if you did not recruit her.

Gilbert will auto-join in Ch 13 of AM (only route he is playable).

Seteth is only playable in Part 2, non-CF routes.

All other characters must be recruited pre-time skip or you will face them at some point (unless Shamir decides to leave Fodlan during timeskip?). Hilda in BE can only be recruited in the SS route just before timeskip (which is stupidly annoying since you can't give her gifts/lost items/mission assistance/tea party until that half-month)

Edited by Ivan Tridelan