So Edelgard...

I haven't played either Black Eagles route so I don't know yet but I'm curious; why is Edelgard able to wield Aymr? Because as far as I'm aware she doesn't bear the 

Spoiler

Crest of the Beast; only the Minor Crest of Seiros and Major Crest of Flames.

I have read that any character can use any sacred/legendary/whatever weapon, as long as they meet the weapon requirements. Even the Sword of the Creator. Of course, I haven't tested this yet.

11 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I have read that any character can use any sacred/legendary/whatever weapon, as long as they meet the weapon requirements. Even the Sword of the Creator. Of course, I haven't tested this yet.

I think he's asking more from a story perspective. There seems to be a story & mechanical disconnect.

Spoiler

Not bearing the appropriate crest should make a character turn into a demonic beast. While it wouldn't be good game design to inflict this on the player, wouldn't we assume from a story perspective that any weapon held by an inappropriate wielder would result in that fate?

The only lore explanation I can think of is that the Crest of Flames may potentially reign supreme and prevent the effects of demonification from any other, lesser crest.

28 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I haven't played either Black Eagles route so I don't know yet but I'm curious; why is Edelgard able to wield Aymr? Because as far as I'm aware she doesn't bear the 

Hide contents

From what I read in the weapon catalogue it's a Seiro Hero Relic. Artist must've drawn using the wrong crest

51 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Aymr isn’t a “true” hero’s relic but was specifically created for Edelgard by Those who Slither in the Dark.

Amyr's Weapon Description states that it was created to specifically meet Edelgard's specifications. In other words, Amyr is a brand new Relic that hadn't been seen in Fodlan before. So that's probably why.

At least on the main Edelgard BE route - the description says it was a weapon crafted specifically for Edelgard to meet her specs.

I'm not sure what it told you on the other routes..

Edited by Tribute

But then that begs the question; why was The Beast's Crest Stone used? I guess TWSITD just had a lot of those Crest Stones lying around; still if it was made for her specifically surely they would've used a Crest Stone that she actually resonates with .