"Red" battles and rusted weapons

timon

So almost every month you get at least one Sunday where there's a "monster event" or whatever it's called, basically your typical skirmish (though higher level) with an added beast.

The thing is, those beasts drop rusted weapons, and those rusted weapons can be forged in OP past games' relics (I've got rusted Gradivus and Parthia).

But here's the problem, they require insanely rare materials. And I know you can get them by fully breaking beasts' armour, but even then I'm at chapter 14 and I have SEVEN of those materials. I'd need 20 to get both the aforementioned weapons.

So I guess my question is: is there even a point? Unless there's some way of trading materials into NG+/getting them reliably I don't see how those will ever be relevant. Is there even a point in doing the "red exclamation mark" battles? Have some of you managed to forge some of that equipment? Up until now I just always did them because they seemed special/important, but at this point I might as well ignore them.

Edited by timon

I don’t think Mythril can be bought. I think you just need to break a lot of high-level beasts. That said, this game throws so many powerful weapons at you (especially if you do all the paralogues) that the Archanean weapons seems more of just a curiosity or bit of lore throw-in than anything too useful.

Can you buy Myhtril on the online store thing? I've never used it tbh so not quite sure how it works.

28 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

I don’t think Mythril can be bought. I think you just need to break a lot of high-level beasts. That said, this game throws so many powerful weapons at you (especially if you do all the paralogues) that the Archanean weapons seems more of just a curiosity or bit of lore throw-in than anything too useful.

Seriously. And even the paralogue weapons are usually overkill

huh i didint even know this was a thing. Seems kinda like a waste of time tbh. its cool and all but weapons and shit don't care over into new game+ so whats the point? i wouldnt spend extra time on it.

I've only ever gotten Mercurius in my Golden Deer playthrough, though the fact that I had to max out my Professor Level (finally did on the second to last chapter) to even forge it makes me think it's little more than a novelty than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Null_error said:

Anyone know which battalions break beast armor the easiest? So far I think I’ve only had blaze break all the armor on one shot. 

The poison barrel from the merchants is pretty good too since it has the same huge range as blaze.

I think my issue is that I find Hard too easy, so I'm trying to say away from unnecessary battles which just make everyone overleveled. Doing them in order to get powerful weapons would just make them even more overpowered. I'd be interested to try it out if they implement Lunatic later on though.

44 minutes ago, Null_error said:

Anyone know which battalions break beast armor the easiest? So far I think I’ve only had blaze break all the armor on one shot. 

Any of the resonant magics work really well. The lord’s personal overpowered battalions and gambits that they get post-skip are all really great, particularly Claude’s Ashes to Dust.

By endgame I had 3 of those weapons, so it's definitely possible to get a few of them, but you gotta select them carefully and they're definitely only for the very end. That said they're not exactly necessary since a lot of weapons that are just as good are given for free, such as the Zoltan Weapons, the Axe of Ukonvasara, relic weapons..