New event calendar (August-September 2019)

DarkAlf

Because of the last Feh Channel, we know that the New Heroes banner is this year's CYL batch, so no need to predict who'll be on that banner! I'm definitely using my free summon on Eliwood! The real stumper is the Tempest coming with the banner. Will they really just put an old unit like Arden or Joshua on it, or will they give us a fancy new free pseudo-Brave character?

The New Heroes banner is definitely CYL3, the Feh Channel said that one would be happening in mid-August. So I wonder who the free unit in the TT will be? Brave Marth? I'd totally go for that given how the poor guy's been screwed here twice. I just hope it's not the gazillionth rerun of masked Lucina. -_-

Special Heroes, huh? Either more refreshers or something entirely new, I guess. I probably won't care much about that one unless IS does something funky like dancer Hrid. Not gonna get my hopes up much for it. Focusing more on CYL and the legendary banner.

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder if they will make Marth the free TT CYL unit, since he has become the Washington Nationals of CYL.

Sad to see our new heroes banner streak end.  I was hoping for another 3H banner after CYL.

Making Marth the TT reward would surely be even more controversial as you're either removing him from the CYL4 pool and thus ripping his fans off (plus anyone who didn't want to spend grails to merge him up), or leaving him in and potentially seeing two Brave Marths in the game. And knowing IS, they'll both be sword infantry with <adjective> Falchions. It'd also be unfair on previous CYL winners as they don't get to double-dip.

Wouldn't mind TT reward unit re-runs as 2700 grails for TT units vs ~1750 for GHB units is an absurd gap for units who are similar in quality, though it'd be a shame to miss out on orbs. That said, I'm probably in orb saving mode until the October 8% banner anyway.

Edited by Humanoid

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if they will make Marth the free TT CYL unit, since he has become the Washington Nationals of CYL.

Sad to see our new heroes banner streak end.  I was hoping for another 3H banner after CYL.

I hope so. Seeing Marth in an obligatory high rank in VG every year is boring. I wish he'd win already so we could have some more room for surprises.

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking about a brave version of Marth?

Because there's a Tempest Trail event coming up with the CYL3 banner and since TT events always give a free unit, people are speculating it could be Brave Marth.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Because there's a Tempest Trail event coming up with the CYL3 banner and since TT events always give a free unit, people are speculating it could be Brave Marth.

Is there evidence suggesting that it's Marth or are people just throwing names out there? Haven't been keeping up with the game as much recently.

So we are getting a Tempest Trial to go along with CYL3 instead of Forging Bonds huh...interesting. Though personally I don't think we are getting a new freebie unit from the Tempest Trial event since we already got Kronya and Death Knight as the freebie units this month. If anything we will probably just get two more copies of Masked 'Marth' again though personally I would rather get stuff like Grails/Divine Dew/Dragonflowers/etc. from this month's Tempest Trial.

Looks like next month is starting off with a new seasonal banner, probably a new dancer banner. Looks like my orbs will be safe for a while.

I don't think we'll get copies of old TT heroes. Maybe grails, but not heroes whom somebody +10d already.

I've seen a theory that it might be Anna, but I think it might just be an extra seal.

With the banners, I have to say, the rerun of the dancing one at least means I have that as an option to eat my orbs. New power is obvious, TT+ banner being out before the CYL banner is odd, Solo Skills has Lethe, Flora, Waillin and Yarne as options not counting Edegard and Hilda, I'd pick one of Lethe or Flora and the other two, the BHB banner could have quite a few units but I'll say Wrys for the lols, Desperation gives us Boy, Karel, Gleipneirika and Ayra out of the 5* exclusives. That sounds terrible imo. CYL is certainly on the 16th. I have no idea who I'm picking.

Also, armoured strike quests? Wonder what that's about.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, armoured strike quests? Wonder what that's about.

The new Lost Lore mode has a thing called a Strike in it, maybe it's related to that?

Lost Lore means some few orbs for a new mode? yay. xD

I just have to save for now. I hope to at least reach 500 orbs before CYL3 again. I think I deserved on skipping this one. Not that I had enough to merge one of them anyway. But trying to get my hands on Micaiah and then choosing Camilla seems legit. I still don't have even one version of Micaiah and sometimes I just think.. man she would be an nice asset. OHKO armors is something nice.
Oh well. Also the Legendary hero hmm.. I think I try to hold myself over 500 orbs and spend more frequently until these are over. Next month starts with a Seasonal banner which is a good point to truly save again. 

Overall I try to adjust my way of handling orbs. Because I want to go away from saving and bursting out orbs into saving and trickling them a bit with set limits. With totally retricting myself from pulling it kind of takes the fun and outside of Edelgard I have no real merge project. (Almost given up on Rinkah, well I know she appears at some time. But I will do the same with her as with Edelgard on the first banner just +1 and then saving).

Still have my untouched orbs though which should be around 300 orbs. Wish I had this idea at the start of the game. But now I think that it would take a long time to gather these. At least the Chain Challenge orbs..

Edited by Stroud

not sure why people are clinging to Camilla as their free pick for F2P. Thats what you picked Veronica for last year. Micaiah makes much more sense and seems to synergyze amazing with brave Veronica

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

not sure why people are clinging to Camilla as their free pick for F2P. Thats what you picked Veronica for last year. Micaiah makes much more sense and seems to synergyze amazing with brave Veronica

Being F2P does not necessarily mean to pick Veronica, not all of us have to follow some F2P guidance. But, I think you don't mean it that way. Overall to me favorites have a bit more of an importance than usefulness and I think FEH is pretty forgiving in not making the "best" choices. 

To me Micaiah is just a nice to have on maps I want to 1 hit armors. But not necessary to beat these. 

Edited by Stroud

Heroes with Solo skills:

• Corrin: Wailing Sould (Atk/Spd)
  • Yarne: Timid Taguel (Atk/Spd)
  • Hilda: Idle Maiden (Atk/Spd)*
  • Edelgard: The Future (Atk/Def)*
  • Flora: Cold as Ice (Atk/Res)
  • Lethe: Gallia's Valkyrie (Spd/Def)

Since Edelgard and Hilda are so recent, I don't see them in the banner. So we have Fallen Corrin, Yarn, Flora and Lethe.

Now, Heroes with Desperation is... well...

• Ayra: Astra's Wielder
  • Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
  • Karel: Sword Demon
  • Mae: Bundle of Energy *
  • Roy: Brave Lion
  • Shanna: Springhtly Flier *

We have 2 4-Stars Heroes with Desperation. We may have a CYL 1 banner rerun, and with the New Power having Mae, we "mae" consider these both out. Shanna is a possibility, especially since if she is not in this banner, we will have only red heroes.

For the Tempest Trial, I can see two different things: Or a rerun of older TT units, and a unit based on the CYL 3 results, which the main candidates are Marth and Anna. I really like Marth, he is one of my favorite unit... however, I would prefer Anna. Anna doesn't have any alt yet, and Marth already has a TT version with Groom Marth.

Rokkr Sieges is always welcomed by me, but please no dagger units!

We already know, or at least for the ones that saw the leaks, what is the Legendary Hero and Banner. It's a easy skip for me. The Brave Heroes is also a skip for me, since no one is a must have in my opinion. I am happy that we are not getting another Forging Bonds event, however this means no tickets for the CYL banner... unless we get log-in ticket bonus.

Despite I really wanting a Festival Micaiah, I will skip the banner. None of the daily banners interest me as well.

Bound Hero Battle Revival means more orbs, and BHB Jeorge and Gordin doesn't sound hard... and also sounds like a trash banner.

Finally, we have some Weekly Banners. Some of them are skipable for be, however... September 1st is the Hector's returns. I may try for more Distant Counter.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I don't plan on doing too many pulls on the CYL banner since I really want Naga on the legendary banner.  Hopefully we get some tickets so I can have a little bit better chance at Alm or Miccy.  I just hope the TT reward unit is Not Masked Marth because they don't have any fodder and if they have to rerun a TT unit at least give me some decent fodder.  I am just kind of in save mode until Naga comes back, since a complete flying dragon team is one of my goals.

I am really looking forward to special heroes in September! Also, Hoshian Summer rerun so soon, even before the new dancer banner? Lol. 

I’m positive that the new heroes banner is CYL. I must admit, however, that I never knew why people get so hyped up over it. Those units are going to get reran to death for the next year.