Strange Fish Shadow (Fódlandy)

Midway through Part 1 there is a quest to catch a special fish which appears with a purplish shadow (Fódlandy).

However, I found it again when I was in Part 2 on the day where the special Fish of Mystery event was going on. I was using the 5 star bait, and after catching 3 Goddess Messenger, purplish fish shadows started appearing with "strange fish shadow" tags (they were the Fódlandy). After catching 2 and failing to catch one, they stopped appearing (also no more rainbow fish shadows with the Goddess Messenger appeared again).

I searched online and haven't found anything about it. Is it a bug or just a feature not yet discovered?

15 minutes ago, Leventide said:

Midway through Part 1 there is a quest to catch a special fish which appears with a purplish shadow (Fódlandy).

However, I found it again when I was in Part 2 on the day where the special Fish of Mystery event was going on. I was using the 5 star bait, and after catching 3 Goddess Messenger, purplish fish shadows started appearing with "strange fish shadow" tags (they were the Fódlandy). After catching 2 and failing to catch one, they stopped appearing (also no more rainbow fish shadows with the Goddess Messenger appeared again).

I searched online and haven't found anything about it. Is it a bug or just a feature not yet discovered?

There is a quest I got post time-skip that refers to a "Strange Fish" explicitly. It may be this.

Interestingly enough, I didn't get the quest for the Fódlandy in Part 1 (if it was in September/month 9, I'd accidentally triggered the map early then). I did get a quest in Part 2 on a Lots of Large Fish day named "Fishing for the Big One", where you have to catch a Fódlandy.

I think it's possible it just randomly shows up when fishing on special days? It definitely has a price allocated to it, so it's not unique and unsellable like the fish you have to catch for Flayn in Part 1.