The Road to 100% Completion - 29 Playthroughs?

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

If I'm reading this correctly, you're locked with whoever you S supported in your preceding save in the new game+? Meaning you can't S support someone different now?

I was referring specifically to using the new game + features to increase support levels. You can still support any character the normal way. Hilda was the only character I could boost immediately to S rank using renown, in fact, I could use this to get the S rank support bonuses with Hilda unlocked without marrying her and then choose someone else to marry.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, Jacien said:

But one thing that is worth figuring out is that quirky thing, where getting an S-rank also unlocks one for another gender.

Here's the one about Ashe being unlocked because I got the Mercedes S-rank.

Mercedes S Rank on M!Byleth available on NG+

When I went to F!Byleth loading the same save, Ashe was available, along with Mercedes S-rank for female

Then after saving it got applied to Global

You mentioned getting all those males with Hilda, can you double check that in the Support menu in the Journal? Someone else claims they did F!Byleth x Claude S-rank, and got Leonie available to purchase for M!Byleth on NG+

It seems like some kind of mechanic so the game ensures you don't get punished for sticking with one Gender. And I only see it doing 1 at a time, not making multiple available.

Sorry it took me awhile to get to this, was busy yesterday because of my sister's wedding but now I have some pictures so I can show what happened for me.

Figuring this out is probably the most important thing right now because in a perfect save file you have to S-support with everyone simultaneously.

So here are my save files

In file 3 I cleared the game from file 4 on Golden Deer as a male and S-ranked Sothis. Some other things to note about this file was that I recruited all the faculty/knights and I recruited Petra, Ingrid, Annette, Mercedes, and Felix. I also maxed all supports between all of my characters except Byleth x Rhea.

New game plus using file 3 as a male in the Blue Lions

unsurprisingly, the support levels are exactly as I left them. No S supports are available because I married Sothis.

New game plus using file 3 as a female in the Blue Lions

So the supports are just as I left them, but for some reason I can S-support all the males of the Golden Deer (Claude included but since this is BL he isn't shown) as well as Cyril. That's a total of 5 characters but everyone else says they're only unlocking 1. I would suppose that support levels have something to do with it, I'll get to my theory about that later.

Now for file 5. In file 5 I cleared the game from file 4 on Golden Deer as a male and S-ranked Merecedes (I know I said I did Hilda but I deleted that file and tried again with Mercedes from the same file, same results though.) Other details are the same as file 3. I then cleared the game on New game + (GD again) as a female and S-ranked Seteth. Some other things to note are that I ignored non-Byleth supports, I didn't recruit anyone, and I maxed Byleth supports with Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, Leonie, Flayn, and Seteth, but ignored the other guys.

New game plus using file 5 as a male in the Blue Lions

Nothing interesting here, Mercedes is S-rankable because that's who I S-ranked in the first playthrough. I was disappointed to find this out because I was hoping the GD girls would all be available, but that didn't work out. I guess I did something wrong.

New game plus using file 5 as a female in the Blue Lions

Nothing interesting here either, it's the same as file 3 female but with Seteth added because I S-ranked him.

As you can see, I tested A ranking with the females to see if that would allow M!Byleth to S-rank them but that didn't work out. It also wouldn't explain why F!Byleth couldn't S rank Felix, Alois, Hanneman, or Seteth the first time. What I might have done wrong was that I was supposed to support the male students to unlock the female students but that wouldn't explain why I unlocked Cyril and wouldn't make any sense with the Blue Lions which have an uneven male to female ratio. The next idea I want to test would be to see if what I need to do is grind support points past A rank to a certain degree and that might unlock the S supports for the opposite gender. Claude, Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, and Cyril were all characters I used a lot and already had A support with before I reached the end of the game. Felix, Alois, Hanneman, and Seteth were barely used and I had to go out of my way to spam gifts at them at the end of the game to get their A supports. Maybe I had earned a certain amount of support points after reaching A rank to unlock the S support on new game plus? On my second playthrough for file 5 I had soloed the game with Falcon Knight Byleth and spammed gifts at the end to get the girls and Seteth to A rank, but maybe if I pumped even more support points into them I could've been able to S support them in my next playthrough. It will be a little while before I test this stuff some more because I'm going to play Blue Lions next and it will be my first time so I won't be skipping the text, but I'll try this idea when I reach the end.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, MasterSlayerX said:

problem with dancer though is you also gotta get the charisma to be able to promote to it. This ain’t a problem for people like Dorothea or Hilda but for others with lower charisma growth it may be more problematic unless you mono run though most the game with them till that point 

class mastey you could get that orb that boosts job exp , get the statue upgrade that helps and set someone with them  as I think they can get job exp too? Play on normal mode for infinity grinding 

If you want a character with low charm to be your dancer plan in advance and treat them to tea each free time you can as successful tea gives them a point of charm.