Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

Revelation Day 21: Chapter 25

Everyone gets a prince crown today, because I just got one as a present and I want to share the wealth!

Okay, Mizore's castle made me laugh. Having the castle named “Olive Garden” and having her greeting be this dumb sleepy smile saying “I need cookies...” was pretty funny.

Hey, fun fact about the generic greeting, “Pleased to meet you”. It's actually too long to input into the game. If you change it and try to bring it back to normal, you'll only be able to write “Pleased to meet”. Why the fuck did they make it that short, then, when they can clearly afford to make it longer!?

I won another bolt naginata in the dawn lottery, so I forged Sakura a +1 bolt naginata called the Shockura. I probably also could've gotten away with Shockera, but whatevs, Shockura works.

And due to some lucky dodges and a crit, Mozu cleared the full arena and won a whopping +7 topaz for us! Good, I've been trying to build that up in case I need a good tome forge.

I love when characters' “found item” lines are immediately rendered idiotic. Laslow's like “could a lovely lady have dropped this?” and it goes “Got Niles' Bow”.

...Christ, I just did the “Blow gently” minigame. It always feels idiotic, and the mental drain seems to weirdly make it more physically draining too.

...That, or maybe quarantine has gotten me even more out of shape than I thought.

Treehouse visits apparently unlocked Dakota's A support with Azura and C support with Benny, so, okay, let's check these out before we start.

So, Azura stops Dakota from saying the word “Valla”, and then... just... takes them to Valla through the water. So... three things. One, was it even established she can do that in Revelation? Or is this just knowledge the writers forgot we only learned in Conquest? Second, you can't even say “Valla” in a spacetime pocket dimension without dying!? And third... unless I am supremely mistaken... you can do support conversations during the combat prep screen, meaning that it is entirely possible for them to already be in Valla when this scene occurs!

They say some... stuff about Anankos's backstory, but it's not remotely interesting to me.

Benny's support is kinda funny but also kinda sad. Benny has such a scary face that people are terrified of him, and he also doesn't realize he makes a really nasty face when he's surprised, and that face makes people think he's furious at them. Poor guy. He seems like an interesting character, but I've only ever used him as a pair-up bot for Camilla.

Alright, let's get this over with. Time to fight King Sumeragi.

They split up to search for the stairs, and have this weird system set up where whoever finds it will shout, and Azura, who's given no sign that she has superhuman hearing, will then hear it and alert everyone else who presumably would need to have heard Azura's singing but not the initial shout in order for that to be in any way useful. What, is she staying put in the middle of the castle to make sure she's in earshot of as many people as possible?

Anyway, Dakota finds the stairs, but the invisible guy who killed Scarlet shows up again. ...And says the exact same line before attacking him.

...And then Gunter finds him. Gunter. Who is secretly the guy who attacked him.

Why the fuck did Gunter not kill Dakota when he had the chance!? What's the point of this!?

And then Gunter lets slip he knows about the “flower pinned to her chest just before the jump”, and I can't believe it's going to take an entire chapter from now for Dakota to figure out what that implies about Gunter.

Then they run into Azura when apparently the only way to this location was past Dakota, and... even though we know Gunter is the one who attacked him, we never get any explanation for why Azura was in this place given that knowledge and couldn't explain herself. But then, we rarely get any explanation for anything Azura does.

...I didn't realize how half-assed and cartoonish the hooded figure sprite was until just now. It really looks like a beta sprite.

But yeah, he reveals himself to be Sumeragi, and I call serious fucking bullshit. How did he hide that massive head of hair under that hood!? No, fuck that, how did he hide his BEARD!?

But yes, here it is, the infamous elevator map. I hear there's a way to softlock yourself due to how the elevators work, I think due to the fact that you have to be in the elevator in order to move it, so if you trap people on the wrong side and the people on the right side die... you're SOL.

Lots of speedy enemies here, and I have to split up my rally bots. I mean I could probably use guard stance to put everyone in the lower room, but no, that seems like tempting fate. I'm just gonna use some speed tonics and put the speedy guys with Elise and the slower guys with Sakura (but I'll put Felicia with Sakura too because she needs Sakura in order to reliably make use of galeforce).

...There are sooooo many enemies, and it's not clear just looking at the map where each elevator is supposed to go. This may require trial and error.

...Yeah, this... this is gonna be annoying. The master ninjas up north in particular. But I think I can handle it.

Not that Mozu ever had any trouble one-rounding, but she just unlocked aggressor, which... despite being nerfed by 3 from Awakening... is still an objectively better version of quick draw. I mean in fairness it is a much higher-level skill.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I wouldn't have been able to bunch everyone up in one side anyway, because of the damned dragon veins I have to unlock.

...No, wait... the elevator moved without anyone in it. How the hell...? What...? Does it always move as long as you don't block the doors...?

Felicia is just death incarnate against basically any lance user thanks to calamity gate. She's not nearly as fantastic against anything else, but one-rounding is difficult in Rev Lunatic, so I'll take what I can get.

...Yeah, the elevators always seem to move as long as nobody's blocking the doors. How exactly does the softlock happen?

...But damn these elevators are annoying. They go back and forth in a pattern, so you have to wait several turns sometimes before getting to your destination.

The worst part is over, though. The upper room with the block of master ninjas is taken care of, and all that's left is a bunch of really dumb and easily killable enemies.

...I don't even know why they bothered making Azura capable of fighting. She's level 29 and she has a physical bulk of thirty three. She has 22 HP. Remember when I said it was ridiculous how much fighting the story scenes had her do? This is what I'm talking about. This is possibly the most fragile unit in the entire series. Both Elise and Sakura are bulkier than her.

Alright, I'm about to clear the final dragon vein, which is the southern one. Obviously I'm gonna have Ryoma face off with Sumeragi if I can. His speed is... holy shit is Sumeragi's speed atrocious. He only has 24! Xander is faster than him without bonuses! Granted, that's after multiple speedwings, but still!

...And would you look at that! The game throws a fucking tripwire spawn at you.

When you get the third dragon vein, the giant elevator Sumeragi's in moves. On your turn. If it weren't for the fact that I hadn't yet moved anyone waiting at the north side, they'd be dead now. Through no fault of my own. And keep in mind that the weird blackness surrounding anything makes it extremely hard to tell where the elevators go, or that the boss room is even another giant elevator, until you see them move.

Alright, Sumeragi's fighting Ryoma now. Ryoma seems to think that this isn't Sumeragi at all, just someone pretending to be him. But like... he's seen Mikoto and Arete, right? This is his dad, just under control. “I will destroy you for pretending to be him” is a really weird thing to say given the circumstances.

And Ryoma, upon slaying his father, levels up, declares himself ready to lead his kingdom, and gets swordfaire. That would be awesome timing if I gave a single shit about this story.

And all of a sudden they have Sakura try to heal him, and obviously it doesn't work since he's a weird purple ghost zombie, but why didn't they think to try that before if the thought would ever cross their minds at all?

...He vanishes in a splash of water... but... when the water particles are gone... he's... still there.

...And we're done for the day. It'll be hard enough to draw this out until Friday without doing double chapter days. Let's finish up with support conversations.

I unlocked a support with Leo thanks to the treehouse, despite not using him in a while. I remember the B support has Leo roasting Dakota's strategic incompetence, but the C support is just setup. As is the one with Xander and Azura. I'm getting really annoyed at all of these “setup” supports. This wasn't supposed to be a teaser for a future story reward, it was supposed to be a story reward in and of itself.

But we get Ryoma and Camilla's S support. Oh, this oughta be a thing.

Oh god, Ryoma saying he's fallen in love with Camilla's “kindness” in addition to her beauty... oh that's a laugh and a half. That said... I unironically love Camilla's ending line to this support.

Ryoma: Camilla, for the good of both of our kingdoms... And for the glory of everlasting love, and the honor of holding your hand... I vow complete and undying dedication, along with–

Camilla: Oh, just remove that chin armor and kiss me, you fool!

Alright, that's it. We're getting really, really close to the final battle. One more chapter tomorrow, and then it's the two-part final battle. That gets us to Wednesday. With the new system, hopefully tiering won't take all day, but I'd still rather not do two chapters and the tiering in one day, considering I now have an obligation on Friday evenings that I'd rather not be late for...

...I'll do a paralogue tomorrow, do Chapter 26 on Wednesday, and then do the final battle on Thursday and release my results on Friday. And then on Monday... we start Birthright at long last.

I hope that sounds good.

Stay safe, everyone!

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

...I didn't realize how half-assed and cartoonish the hooded figure sprite was until just now. It really looks like a beta sprite.

But yeah, he reveals himself to be Sumeragi, and I call serious fucking bullshit. How did he hide that massive head of hair under that hood!? No, fuck that, how did he hide his BEARD!?

You're telling me. That cloak doesn't look like it's supposed to hide any facial features. Look at this:

Portrait sumeragi fe14.png

You cannot possibly tell me it's possible to hide that much facial hair underneath a cloak. That headpiece does no favours, either; the horns on it would poke though the cloak, or at least make it such that he couldn't hide his face if this was even remotely realistic.

I'll do a paralogue tomorrow

Whose paralogues do you have unlocked?

Edited by Shadow Mir

So, Azura stops Dakota from saying the word “Valla”, and then... just... takes them to Valla through the water. So... three things. One, was it even established she can do that in Revelation? Or is this just knowledge the writers forgot we only learned in Conquest? Second, you can't even say “Valla” in a spacetime pocket dimension without dying!? And third... unless I am supremely mistaken... you can do support conversations during the combat prep screen, meaning that it is entirely possible for them to already be in Valla when this scene occurs!

If she can do it in one version, she can do it in the other. It is so in 99% of games with split routes. I know this because I am used to VNs.

But yes, here it is, the infamous elevator map. I hear there's a way to softlock yourself due to how the elevators work, I think due to the fact that you have to be in the elevator in order to move it, so if you trap people on the wrong side and the people on the right side die... you're SOL.

Lots of speedy enemies here, and I have to split up my rally bots. I mean I could probably use guard stance to put everyone in the lower room, but no, that seems like tempting fate. I'm just gonna use some speed tonics and put the speedy guys with Elise and the slower guys with Sakura (but I'll put Felicia with Sakura too because she needs Sakura in order to reliably make use of galeforce).

...There are sooooo many enemies, and it's not clear just looking at the map where each elevator is supposed to go. This may require trial and error.

Worst map in the game. I would pick the snow shoveling map a thousand times before playing this again.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Worst map in the game. I would pick the snow shoveling map a thousand times before playing this again.

It's got nothing on the wind map. I'd rather play this 50 times than the wind map once.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If she can do it in one version, she can do it in the other. It is so in 99% of games with split routes. I know this because I am used to VNs.

My point was more "Why does Corrin act like he already knows about this?"

Edited by Alastor15243

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's got nothing on the wind map. I'd rather play this 50 times than the wind map once.

True. But the wind map is less frustrating in Revelation, so the elevator map is still the worst in Rev imo.

8 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

My point was more "Why does Corrin act like he already knows about this?"

The only explanation is that Azura is showing things to them offscreen.

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

True. But the wind map is less frustrating in Revelation, so the elevator map is still the worst in Rev imo.

In some aspects, it is, but in other aspects, it's even worse. Which is to say, on the one hand, you don't have to deal with the debuffing seal skills being handed out like Halloween candy, but on the other hand, you likely won't have many good fighters aside from Corrin.

Forget the hair, how did Sumeragi hide his helmet under that hood?

I didn't remember what Sumeragi looked like so I just noticed that he and Garon both have very weirdly coloured beards. Or do they have the same hair (beard?) dresser?

Yep, this is the chapter that softlocked me before. I think the issue is that the platforms don:t move if there are enemies on them, or if there:s enemies standing at the edge of them. But forwhatever reason, I sent a witch over to the area with Sumaragi, and when things got dicy I had them warp away, and then the platform never returned to me. Now one might say that:s the fault of using a DLC class in the game, but 1) the DLC is part of the bloody game (and this route in particular is the DLC route) so theset hings should be tested, and 2) The exact same issue would have occured if the unit sent over had been killed instead of warped away. The platform just won:t return if the unit you send over is lost.

6 hours ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

Forget the hair, how did Sumeragi hide his helmet under that hood?

I didn't remember what Sumeragi looked like so I just noticed that he and Garon both have very weirdly coloured beards. Or do they have the same hair (beard?) dresser?

Must be why Garon killed him. The beard dresser couldn:t work both kingdoms at once.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Must be why Garon killed him. The beard dresser couldn:t work both kingdoms at once.

I'd prefer to think Garon was jealous. Although the bicolored double-layered facial hair is stylistically impressive, I do not like Garon's at all. He must realized how hideous it is and had to slay the competitor. 

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

He didn't "hide" it, the hood messed with everyone's perceptions to create the illusion to them that it didn't exist. It's the work of special highly reflective particles able to refract light and which are kept in suspension around the hood when it is up via magic. 

..I don't even know why they bothered making Azura capable of fighting. She's level 29 and she has a physical bulk of thirty three. She has 22 HP. Remember when I said it was ridiculous how much fighting the story scenes had her do? This is what I'm talking about. This is possibly the most fragile unit in the entire series. Both Elise and Sakura are bulkier than her.

Phina dancer no. 1 could fight. And like Azura, Phina had lopsidedly strong offensive parameters, which neither really needs when refreshing means they could whip an ally into doing the fighting for them.

Also, natural Kinshi access, Yumis won't care about her HP/Def, she won't care that they're inaccurate. It's suboptimal, though snagging Amaterasu and going back to Songstress is an option, albeit for the last five minutes of game only given how long it takes to get that.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Azura:s offesnive stats can provide some use as an attack stance parter at least. Though being stuck at C lances still hampers her quite a bit there.

And it makes her "canon" lance the Blessed Lance ala FEW. Which is about the last one she'd ever want to use, -3 Def/Res is something she does not want.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it makes her "canon" lance the Blessed Lance ala FEW. Which is about the last one she'd ever want to use, -3 Def/Res is something she does not want.

Yeah, no point in resotring health when you can never risk taking damage at all. She can wield the Bolt Naginata though which in some cases could beuseful for her sniping at range (her magic stat is okayish too from what I recall, I recently reclassed her to Witch and she didn:t have a super hard time picking up Warp). Though more often that not you:d be better off just using her turn to refresh a dedicated attacker to do the job instead.

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Seeing both the cloaked, and uncloaked version of Sumeragi in so rapid succession, makes the whole disguise feel utterly ridiculous (and honestly kinda funny).

There is? ho-

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yep, this is the chapter that softlocked me before. I think the issue is that the platforms don:t move if there are enemies on them, or if there:s enemies standing at the edge of them. But forwhatever reason, I sent a witch over to the area with Sumaragi, and when things got dicy I had them warp away, and then the platform never returned to me. Now one might say that:s the fault of using a DLC class in the game, but 1) the DLC is part of the bloody game so theset hings should be tested, and 2) The exact same issue would have occured if the unit sent over had been killed instead of warped away. The platform just won:t return if the unit you send over is lost.

...Huh, interesting.The weirdest part about this is that there is such an easy way the developers could have prevented this by giving the enemies on this map the AI behavior where they return to their original position if no one is in range (and I distinctly remember some Fates enemies having that behavior...)

And all of a sudden they have Sakura try to heal him, and obviously it doesn't work since he's a weird purple ghost zombie, but why didn't they think to try that before if the thought would ever cross their minds at all?

This is slightly off topic, but thinking about how strange this scene would be if you had class change Sakura into a class that doesn't heal, reminded me of something goofy that I saw occur due to class changing Mitama to a class unable to heal in her join chapter. In the end story of that paralogue she is supposed to heal someone using the map animations, but with her in a class that can't heal (and thus has no map animation for healing) the map sprite stops idling for a moment with nothing happening, but the story just continues like she healed. I am not sure if you can get some equally goofy things to occur with Sakura, but I might try it some time (perhaps if I feel inclined to try some weird Revelation challenge run again...)

Siegbert's and Shiro's. Tempted to do the latter to see if I can handle it at its worst.

Good luck! I know I did Shiro's chapter as a post game challenge on my all female Lunatic Birthright run, and keeping him alive took both a rescue staff uses, and some creative dancing strats. It took a bit of planning, and practice to get right, but it can be done, so good luck!

9 hours ago, Maof06 said:

The snow shoveling map gives you the option to play it faster (by ignoring the loot and digging a path straight to the boss), you can't avoid any of this map's BS.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Huh, interesting.The weirdest part about this is that there is such an easy way the developers could have prevented this by giving the enemies on this map the AI behavior where they return to their original position if no one is in range (and I distinctly remember some Fates enemies having that behavior...

Yeah, that would have solved it alright. And I:m sure some Fates AI does do that, but the majority of Revelation AI follows the script of "Attack if in range, if no one is in range just stand there till the heat death of the universes." That is to say most Revelation enemies don:t even pursue you once youre out of their range.

Revelation Day 22: Paralogue 7

EVERYONE GETS A HERO MASK TODAY! WOOO!

Hey, Joker, I zoomed in while visiting you after giving you a hero mask, curious if your model was wearing glasses. It wasn't. Are there any normal glasses accessories? I can't remember. But then I guess the hero mask would work just as well. Enjoy!

...I saw a conversation between Charlotte and Leo where Charlotte says she works hard to be an “appealing dame” then corrects herself to “lovely lady”.

...It's weird how “dame”, which is the female counterpart to sir, as in “Sir Galahad”... kinda became a mildly crass term for women on a similar level to “broad”. You'd think in this setting, “dame” would still be proper though.

I just got to the first big heart in the treehouse bonding thing... and I think that means kissing events are gonna start soon.

Oh goodie.

Also, the treehouse got me a support with Takumi, so let's check this out...

...This is another support where they failed to keep Revelation in mind. Takumi says that Dakota “Grew up with the enemy.” And Dakota replies with “Be that as it may, surely I have proven my loyalty by now”. This is a Birthright support conversation, and it doesn't really work well for Rev. It's just as awkward as Elise's with Azura.

I do like, however, that Dakota's support with Takumi, which will end with him being able to reclass into archer... actually involves him being taught how to use the bow.

But anyway, on to Shiro's paralogue! Time to see how ridiculous this shit is when you're all the way at the end of the game.

Yeah, so, Ryoma never told his son Shiro that he's a prince. Or... basically anything about the real world.

Takumi: He's surrounded! There's no way he can fight them off!

...Yeah, Takumi hit the nail right on the head there. Here's the deal with Shiro... like I said before, with every child paralogue, the child unit and the enemies in the map scale with your progress in the game, to make sure that you're always facing an equivalent challenge and that the character you get is always usable.

Problem is, as I said, the child units stop scaling once you reach the point in the game where units start promoting. Instead, they stay stuck at unpromoted level 20, and come with a special seal called an offspring seal which lets you choose which promotion to make them... and then auto-levels them to the appropriate point in the game.

This is awesome... as long as the child either starts under your control or is easily accessible before enemies get to them.

If not, like in the case of Shiro here, and Benny's son Ignatius... you get this nonsense. Shiro's a recruitable green unit surrounded by enemies... halfway across the map from you. The second the ally phase of turn one begins, the fucker's going to mindlessly ram himself into the nearest enemy and almost assuredly die.

Rescue staves are an option, but unfortunately the map has desert terrain and is absolutely crawling with powerful enemies. So you need a flying rescue user, and then you need more rescue users to rescue Shiro and the original rescue user again.

...I mean I totally have all of those things, but that's kind of beside the point here. These two paralogues are ridiculous. I'll show off the other one in Conquest, because I'm almost certainly going to be marrying Benny to Camilla.

Alright, let's do this.

...Apparently Ryoma lied to Shiro and told him Hoshido was full of monsters to scare him from trying to go there? Or is he misremembering what he was told about the faceless or something?

Anyway, while it cost me three rescue uses, Shiro is safe, and ready to promote. And he does so, into spear master. I'm not likely to use him either way given that this isn't an ironman anymore, but still, might as well give him the class that gives him a faire in his best weapon.

Okay, this map is more fun than the Hisame one once you get past the ridiculous beginning. The enemies are more aggressive and it's a lot of fun using my fliers to take advantage of the nasty terrain.

Anyway, I've been making use of this map to get Xander his long-overdue Shurikenbreaker. He's got one level to go now, and there are still some enemies left. Certain paralogues tend to have pretty high-level enemies you can use to get yourself ahead of the exp curve if you need a certain skill early. I love taking advantage of this.

Yep, he just got it! Also, earlier, forgot to mention, Dakota got trample, an awesome malig knight skill that gives you +5 damage as long as the opponent you're fighting isn't mounted. Given that the only mounted units that Hoshido has are mechanists and fliers... yeah, this is pretty amazing in Conquest.

Alright, mission complete.

Time to enjoy the sickest and most well-deserved burn in this entire game.

Ryoma: Shiro, you have disobeyed me for the last time. And you will show me respect – or I will show you how I deal with utter fools.

Shiro: How can you call me that?!

Ryoma:I didn't raise you to be this irresponsible.

Shiro: Dad, want a reality check? You didn't raise me at all.

I fucking love that line. It doesn't make up for how fucked up the child system is, but it's still so satisfying to hear one of the kids be that blunt about how shitty their parenting techniques have been.

The rest of the cutscene is okay.

...Right, time for supports, then we'll finish up for the day. I know, another short one, but I'm stalling for time here.

First off, I apparently got Dakota and Ryoma's C support, so let's check that out.

Ah yes, I remember this, this is mostly a vehicle to have Dakota get exposition about what his life was like before he got kidnapped.

...And we get nothing. Ryoma says it'll have to wait until later, and we're done.

Holy shit are the supports in this game half-assed compared to Awakening.

Alright, time for Shiro and Ryoma's family support.

Yeah, Ryoma's worried about Shiro's complete unsuitability for the role he was not remotely prepared for, which, again, Shiro calls him out on, though we get the amusing reveal that the only reason Shiro's a spear fighter is because he wanted WTA against his father.

Alright, time for Shiro and Camilla. Speaking of... I don't really think that hair color suits Shiro.

...But it was a mildly interesting conversation about Ryoma and how exactly he shows that he loves people, and Shiro's hangups about abandonment.

I just did the arena and noticed in the process that Mozu capped strength, speed and skill last map. Awesome.

...Alright, that's it for today. Man can I not wait for Birthright. I really wanna see how much better it is than this. I'm hoping it's significantly better than this. I remember it being significantly better than this.

But I guess we'll find out.

Stay safe, everyone.

Edited by Alastor15243

Kinda late but I remember being surprised seeing Azura with an axe in Heroes.

As for text the devs forgot to alter, 

Spoiler

Doesn't Azura die in one route? yet if you got her paired up with Corrin before that happens, the game literally still has the same Corrin ending where he changed the world with his love interest, despite said love interest being deader than Cornelius.

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The snow shoveling map gives you the option to play it faster (by ignoring the loot and digging a path straight to the boss), you can't avoid any of this map's BS.

Exactly. That's why I don't understand all the hate for the map. The stat boosters barely make a difference in a normal playthrough.

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Alright, that's it for today. Man can I not wait for Birthright. I really wanna see how much better it is than this. I'm hoping it's significantly better than this. I remember it being significantly better than this.

I hope you like endless reinforcements. :^)

1 hour ago, Samz707 said:

Kinda late but I remember being surprised seeing Azura with an axe in Heroes.

As for text the devs forgot to alter, 

Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't Azura die in one route? yet if you got her paired up with Corrin before that happens, the game literally still has the same Corrin ending where he changed the world with his love interest, despite said love interest being deader than Cornelius.

That's nothing. Anyone who marries Selena is written to have mysteriously vanished to go with Selena back to Ylisse... even if it's Xander, King of Nohr.

16 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

That's nothing. Anyone who marries Selena is written to have mysteriously vanished to go with Selena back to Ylisse... even if it's Xander, King of Nohr.

And then Siegbert succeeded him. Brilliant writing from IS here.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

we get the amusing reveal that the only reason Shiro's a spear fighter is because he wanted WTA against his father.

Nice of the supports to do some gameplay and story integration there.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Takumi: He's surrounded! There's no way he can fight them off!

...Yeah, Takumi hit the nail right on the head there. Here's the deal with Shiro... like I said before, with every child paralogue, the child unit and the enemies in the map scale with your progress in the game, to make sure that you're always facing an equivalent challenge and that the character you get it always usable.

Problem is, as I said, the child units stop scaling once you reach the point in the game where units start promoting. Instead, they stay stuck at unpromoted level 20, and come with a special seal called an offspring seal which lets you choose which promotion to make them... and then auto-levels them to the appropriate point in the game.

This is awesome... as long as the child either starts under your control or is easily accessible before enemies get to them.

If not, like in the case of Shiro here, and Benny's son Ignatius... you get this nonsense. Shiro's a recruitable green unit surrounded by enemies... halfway across the map from you. The second the ally phase of turn one begins, the fucker's going to mindlessly ram himself into the nearest enemy and almost assuredly die.

Rescue staves are an option, but unfortunately the map has desert terrain and is absolutely crawling with powerful enemies. So you need a flying rescue user, and then you need more rescue users to rescue Shiro and the original rescue user again.

...I mean I totally have all of those things, but that's kind of beside the point here. These two paralogues are ridiculous. I'll show off the other one in Conquest, because I'm almost certainly going to be marrying Benny to Camilla.

I get the feeling that these were not playtested for lategame because - and I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point - this is beyond ridiculous. Anyway, rescue won't help with Ignatius - immobile units cannot be forcibly moved. They're not the only offenders, however - Selkie starts much closer to the enemies than you, and Sophie starts on the other end of the fucking map.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, Alastor15243 said:

And Ryoma, upon slaying his father, levels up, declares himself ready to lead his kingdom, and gets swordfaire.

That's hilarious considering he's revealed to be Sumeragi right after.

Really making yourself ready to lead, eh Ryoma?

4 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...I saw a conversation between Charlotte and Leo where Charlotte says she works hard to be an “appealing dame” then corrects herself to “lovely lady”.

...It's weird how “dame”, which is the female counterpart to sir, as in “Sir Galahad”... kinda became a mildly crass term for women on a similar level to “broad”. You'd think in this setting, “dame” would still be proper though.

I think they might be going for her as a dame in the old sense here?

Probably not considering I doubt Charlotte would really use that to describe herself regardless.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Nope! That reveal already happened.

Doesn't he act like it's not true though? You said he accused Sumeragi of being a fake.

I meant more that he has it confirmed to him afterwards.