Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Making anti-effective-damage shields weightless was such an odd design choice. Where other shields could be seen as balanced (Protection and bonus effects vs. Weight), the Aurora/Lampos/Kadmos Shields are strictly positives. Maybe they're "balanced" around showing up late, and in relative scarcity?

My assumption is that regular shields are mostly intended to be used on Armor and Fortress Knights, where the extra weight isn't really much of a down-side, since those units probably have terrible speed anyway. Giving them weight means that you're discouraged from using shields on other units, without really being disincentivised from stacking protection on your tanks. On the other hand, the Aurora Shield is supposed to be used on a flier, and hurting your flier's attack speed is a pretty major drawback. Hurting your cavalry's attack speed generally isn't quite as bad but is still pretty bad, especially given that anti-cav weapons are much rarer than bows. Then if you have two of them be weightless, then it would be weird not to make the third member of the set weightless as well. This is just speculation on my part, mind.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lenticular said:

My assumption is that regular shields are mostly intended to be used on Armor and Fortress Knights, where the extra weight isn't really much of a down-side, since those units probably have terrible speed anyway. Giving them weight means that you're discouraged from using shields on other units, without really being disincentivised from stacking protection on your tanks. On the other hand, the Aurora Shield is supposed to be used on a flier, and hurting your flier's attack speed is a pretty major drawback. Hurting your cavalry's attack speed generally isn't quite as bad but is still pretty bad, especially given that anti-cav weapons are much rarer than bows. Then if you have two of them be weightless, then it would be weird not to make the third member of the set weightless as well. This is just speculation on my part, mind.

I don't personally interpret "mainline" shields as intended for armored classes. The Leather and Iron Shields are available to the player before any Intermediate class is even within reach, so the player has to consider the trade-off between Prt and AS. In terms of other "weighted" shields, the Aegis Shield shows up on Felix (as a Swordmaster), while the Ochain Shield is associated with Seteth (a Wyvern Rider) and Ferdinand. Full disclosure, I do think Armored classes are generally the best users of shields, particularly on Maddening, but I don't think that's something the game is consciously pushing.

To the bolded part: I'm struggling to think of any enemies who do anti-cavalry damage. Unrecruited Lysithea with Dark Spikes, I guess? Same with anti-armor damage. 99% of the time, the Kadmos and Lampos Shields are just "Steel Shield, but without the weight". The Aurora Shield obviously has the best effect, but that's why I'd argue it ought to have weight. Removing the effective damage from bows is a pretty big boon, and it's not as though fliers can't afford to lose a few points of attack speed. With Darting Blow, your flier will probably still double most targets, even with a weighted shield attached.

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Making anti-effective-damage shields weightless was such an odd design choice. Where other shields could be seen as balanced (Protection and bonus effects vs. Weight), the Aurora/Lampos/Kadmos Shields are strictly positives. Maybe they're "balanced" around showing up late, and in relative scarcity?

This happens on VW as well. I think it's because these routes have one more chapter than the "template" route, SS. Still, it's very lame.

I don't believe any character pairings get unique choir dialogue? Which is unfortunate. If they do, I've not seen it.

Hope it went well. I'm always nervous when it comes to the doctor.

Yes, but Fire, her lightest offensive spell, has a Weight of 3. So she'll need a Strength stat of 35 in order to not lose Attack Speed with the Silver Shield equipped (assuming no weight mitigation skills).

If she's missing out on one-shots, then the Magic Staff is the obvious choice equippable. On the flip side, the Speed Ring may secure her doubles she'd otherwise fall short of.

There's a potential counter-argument in the form of New Game+. Namely, that you can buy powerful skills back right at the start of the game, rather than needing to work to earn them in the current playthrough. Of course, it took effort to achieve them in a prior playthrough.

Personally, I see the sheer variety of options, and ability to use the same units in totally different ways, as a clear instance of "dumb fun". Yet "fun" is, by its very nature, subjective. So I couldn't fault you for holding a different impression.

Thanks for the insight! I was wondering about this too. I generally haven't cared for Avoid-boosting combat arts, but this information makes them slightly more considerable in my eyes.

I somehow completely forgot spells have weight.

Three Houses Day 70: Chapter 21 Weeks 3-4

Alright, time to finish off the month and, if I have the opening, do some supports.

...Constance still is just one damage shy of one-shotting some enemies on this map. Thank goodness I was reminded magic staves exist. That's 3 more, and she can one-shot the bonus auxiliary generics with bolting.

Alright, I just had Leonie and Dimitri duo three major auxiliary battles with Sylvain and Seteth in their pockets respectively. We got enough trade secrets for the speedwing, and Dimitri and Leonie are level 50-ish, so I don't think there's much more I need to do this month to prep. I'm just gonna explore for the last one to boost everyone's motivation for the sake of it and then do supports.

...Actually... y'know what? I'm gonna use the last session for a seminar to boost Leonie up to A authority to see if that gives her access to better battalions. The one she has is pretty killer, but wouldn't hurt to try it...

...And Leonie only gains like 20 exp in authority from it and is still 3 exp shy.

Welp.

Okay, so, apparently this is when the peace summit was supposed to happen, which is hilarious, given that the battle after it was already on the calendar as a foregone conclusion.

And now I'm allowed to say I don't think she'll show, huh?

...But she does show.

...And Dimitri suddenly didn't think it would happen either?

...And... uh... we get into a political and religious discussion about the necessity of religion and wether or not humanity is actually strong enough to function without it even if it's a lie, and whether it's ethical to wage a war now if it results in fewer casualties in the long run, and, uh, I'd just like to say that what she says here about her motives is more than I ever remember her saying in the entirety of Crimson Flower, and it's still not enough.

Dimitri: Pushing your own sense of justice and your own ideals onto even one other person is nothing more than self-righteousness.

...Uh... isn't that how medieval forms of government work, Dimitri?

...And... Dimitri... gives Edelgard... her dagger back. From ages ago when she dropped it.

...And... Edelgard... forgot about how she got the dagger?

The dagger she took with her everywhere she went in Part 1?

...Yeah, uh, I'm not feeling this. I wish they did more about their past friendship, showed more of it rather than telling us about it.

Also, and I'm sure Jotari's thinking something along these lines, it's interesting that we're two battles away from winning the war, but the game didn't even think of bringing up the whole “you should probably surrender” thing. This entire conversation was written with the tone of two powers on equal footing about to go into battle, but realistically, we've won enough victories that Edelgard's making her last stand and no longer has any hope of realizing her dream of conquering Fodlan.

Ah yes, and now I choose who to marry. Hmm... who are my options?

...And weirdly, one of the flashback lines from Jeralt echoed, and the other did not.

I choose to have Professr marry Ashe because I really don't give a shit about which of these guys Professr marries, and marrying the guy I ditched halfway through Part 1 will have minimal impact on where the chips fall for other pairings, and I'm curious how they would've turned out.

...Now for the last batch of supports.

First, Dimitri and Ingrid's A.

Ingrid talks about her character development upon discovering how Glenn died, and...

Ingrid: Your Highness. I will not sacrifice my life for anyone. But perhaps, instead. I can live my life for someone. I will pledge my life to you.

Dimitri: And... how exactly am I meant to interpret that?

Ingrid: However you please, your highness...

God damn it with these flirty-yet-non-committal A supports!

Yeah, this is really blatantly written like Ingrid is in love with Dimitri, while Dimitri is written as either entirely oblivious or too shy to reciprocate. It's kind of depressing.

Now for Ingrid and Seteth's A-. Yeah, I haven't really been fielding him enough to get him his full supports.

And hilariously, we go from Ingrid having resolutely decided what she's going to do with her life in that Dimitri support... to having absolutely no idea what she wants to do with her life in her Seteth support.

Ah, the magic of supports. This happens even in some of the best games, but still, it's hilarious when it happens.

Annette and Dimitri's A+.

...So Annette has noticed some alarming similarities between Dimitri and Gilbert, and she wants to support him to keep him from getting any more gloomy and self-flagellating.

...Alright.

I haven't managed to get Annette anywhere near max supports with her father, which is to be expected since I haven't fucking fielded him.

Now for Annette and Felix's A+.

...So apparently Felix really likes Annette's singing.

...Okay this is kind of adorable but also awkward as hell and I'm simultaneously smiling and cringing in my chair.

...And mercifully the game cuts away before she sings again.

Now for Felix and Flayn's A.

...Some rather childishly naive philosophy from Flayn... gives way to Felix saying that he has no idea what to do with himself once the war is over, because fighting is all he knows.

...I had a character concept around this. A Navarre archetype, edgy and obsessed with vengeance...

...except that by the time you get him... he's already gotten his vengeance. And his supports would then be him awkwardly figuring out what to do with himself.

Flayn: I do no think [having nothing to do in peacetime] is anything you should worry yourself over. If the war ends and peace reigns, I shall be sure to have plenty of wood chopping for you to do!

Felix: (Scowling like he wants to fucking choke her) What a generous offer.

Okay yeah, that was funny as hell.

Now for Leonie and Shamir's A support.

PPPPPFFFFAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So Leonie says that her training at shooting targets of spiders hasn't actually gotten her any more able to shoot them or even look at them in real life, so Shamir asks to see one of the targets:

Shamir: I – What is this?

Her delivery is so amazing. Leonie's drawings of spiders are apparently that fucking terrible, that Shamir doesn't even know what she's looking at. I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did.

And apparently it made Shamir laugh too.

Anyway, she gives Leonie some of her own targets, and Leonie resolves to practice with those before moving on to the real thing.

Shamir: Excellent. I look forward to seeing fewer spiders around here.

Alright, yeah, I liked this support.

And finally, one I didn't notice because both participants were at the bottom of the screen... Cyril and Shamir's B.

...Given the timescale of these supports, how little he's learning over the course of them is kinda comical. He's still working on curved shots.

Okay, yeah, Cyril's relationship with Shamir is kinda cute. He's hit or miss with basically everyone else, but I like his interactions with Shamir.

And... that's everyone.

So next week... we'll start the final stretch of the game.

Stay safe, everyone.

42 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I had a character concept around this. A Navarre archetype, edgy and obsessed with vengeance...

...except that by the time you get him... he's already gotten his vengeance. And his supports would then be him awkwardly figuring out what to do with himself.

I kinda like that idea. Might steal it.

11 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I don't personally interpret "mainline" shields as intended for armored classes. The Leather and Iron Shields are available to the player before any Intermediate class is even within reach, so the player has to consider the trade-off between Prt and AS. In terms of other "weighted" shields, the Aegis Shield shows up on Felix (as a Swordmaster), while the Ochain Shield is associated with Seteth (a Wyvern Rider) and Ferdinand. Full disclosure, I do think Armored classes are generally the best users of shields, particularly on Maddening, but I don't think that's something the game is consciously pushing.

To the bolded part: I'm struggling to think of any enemies who do anti-cavalry damage. Unrecruited Lysithea with Dark Spikes, I guess? Same with anti-armor damage. 99% of the time, the Kadmos and Lampos Shields are just "Steel Shield, but without the weight". The Aurora Shield obviously has the best effect, but that's why I'd argue it ought to have weight. Removing the effective damage from bows is a pretty big boon, and it's not as though fliers can't afford to lose a few points of attack speed. With Darting Blow, your flier will probably still double most targets, even with a weighted shield attached.

Armour ranks give the weight reduction ability which no d of pushes you to give them shields.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Also, and I'm sure Jotari's thinking something along these lines, it's interesting that we're two battles away from winning the war, but the game didn't even think of bringing up the whole “you should probably surrender” thing. This entire conversation was written with the tone of two powers on equal footing about to go into battle, but realistically, we've won enough victories that Edelgard's making her last stand and no longer has any hope of realizing her dream of conquering Fodlan.

Yep, you're absolutely right. In fact it's this very conversation that brought my attention to how prevalent this trope is in the series. I find it very frustrating that they actually introduce the notion of diplomacy here but don't actually try to discuss any terms based on the actual situation. It's just "I'm right you're wrong" "No u". Not even a suggestion of "You're surrounded and our victory is assured. We will let you keep your crown if you return the occupied lands and downscale your military." "I refuse because even though I'm surrounded I can turn I to a monster to win."

Ah yes, and now I choose who to marry. Hmm... who are my options?

...And weirdly, one of the flashback lines from Jeralt echoed, and the other did not.

I choose to have Professr marry Ashe because I really don't give a shit about which of these guys Professr marries, and marrying the guy I ditched halfway through Part 1 will have minimal impact on where the chips fall for other pairings, and I'm curious how they would've turned out.

No pairing is an option too.

[Snip]

It might be me misreading your feelings, but it seems that despite the inundation of supports, you actually seem to be enjoying them

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

It might be me misreading your feelings, but it seems that despite the inundation of supports, you actually seem to be enjoying them

Not enough to justify their volume, but yes, there are things that make me smile.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

No pairing is an option too.

...Shit, I should've used the opportunity to see how that goes, and if it adds any dialogue.

29 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

It's also pointless for actual armor units since they usually won't be doubling even with the weight reduction.

Yeah, it's a bad skill for armoured units. And for non armoured units it generally takes too much investment to reach. Only unit I use it on is Felix as I want him to actually be able to use his relic.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Constance still is just one damage shy of one-shotting some enemies on this map. Thank goodness I was reminded magic staves exist. That's 3 more, and she can one-shot the bonus auxiliary generics with bolting.

We did it, gang! No enemy generic is safe from Constance.

And... Edelgard... forgot about how she got the dagger?

The dagger she took with her everywhere she went in Part 1?

...Yeah, uh, I'm not feeling this. I wish they did more about their past friendship, showed more of it rather than telling us about it

I believe it's established that Edelgard doesn't remember Dimitri from before the monastery - perhaps a side effect of the abuse she faced shortly thereafter. I don't remember how explicit the game gets about this, though.

choose to have Professr marry Ashe because I really don't give a shit about which of these guys Professr marries, and marrying the guy I ditched halfway through Part 1 will have minimal impact on where the chips fall for other pairings, and I'm curious how they would've turned out.

Nice, best boy finds love.

I had a character concept around this. A Navarre archetype, edgy and obsessed with vengeance...

FE6 Karel be like

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Armour ranks give the weight reduction ability which no d of pushes you to give them shields.

I mean, I guess that's what they were going for with it.

It's also pointless for actual armor units since they usually won't be doubling even with the weight reduction.

The best units it helps against are, ironically enemy Armors. They can help your super slow units not be doubled by them, and your slightly less slow units actually double them.

Or else it can be good if you're going for a weird-ass build, like Petra or Felix as an Armor Knight. Someone who's starting speed isn't all that bad. Not that I'd recommend such a build outside of the lulz.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, Jotari said:

Yeah, it's a bad skill for armoured units. And for non armoured units it generally takes too much investment to reach. Only unit I use it on is Felix as I want him to actually be able to use his relic.

Speaking of, it's kinda ironic that the Aegis Shield can't be used to its best potential because in general, you'd think to give it to an armored unit to maximize their tanking capabilities... but most of the units you'd think to take down that path are crestless.The only one I can think of that is NOT is Balthus.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Three Houses Day 71: Chapter 21 Mission

Alright, last half-week. One day to do 21, one day to do 22, one day to do the write-up.

And until a new game comes out... this will mark the end of the mainline play-and-rank.

...Commence the beginning of the end.

Now, I could sit around debating endlessly about how to distribute the psychotic stockpile of stat boosters I always forget to use, but honestly I like how my entire army turned out... except for Professr, who kinda fell behind. So I'll do what I always do in Three Houses and dump all my stat boosters on her.

Using stat boosters is a pain in the ass in this game because you have to put them into your inventory before you can use them for some utterly inconceivable reason. I feel like I've said this before, but seriously, imagine if this game had tonics.

And Professr... is now a monster, with nearly 50 strength, luck and charm. Excellent. Alright, let's do this.

So we make it all the way to Enbarr, and Hubert is ordered to the “front lines”... which are in the city streets.

Okay, battle time. It's a “beat commander” map, so I think this is gonna result in some cheese.

The deployment limit's suddenly gone up, so I'm glad I did all that training for Sylvain and Seteth. Let's see what they can do.

I'm in two groups, one much closer to the center of the map than the other, so I put all my footsoldiers in the closer western group, obviously. I'm gonna get as close as I can to Hubert and then stride the shit out of him.

But there are a lot of monsters on this map, so that might take some doing. We'll see.

One of the upsides of having so many magic users in my army is that I don't need to worry about doing too many repairs. Still, I do a bunch of superfluous repairs on all of my relics because I literally have too much umbral steel to run out at this point.

Yet again we break down a the front gates of a city loaded with siege weapons... without incident. That's supposed to be the hardest part!

Alright, after re-thinking things, I think I'm gonna have the eastern army stick around a bit to take out the enemies there rather than running right away.

...Wow, absolutely crazy angle here. Due to where I've specifically placed the camera, a targeting arrow is passing so close to the camera that the entire right half of the screen is flashing white hot like I broke something.

...And... in the process of showing this off, I accidentally pressed A on the attack I got into that position for. Which was near certain death for Annette.

Rewinding.

...Wow, I've let Mercedes get really behind in levels. She's only level 33, when everyone else is in the 40s. It's frankly amazing she's still so useful.

Alright, I've gotten everyone gathered for a stride gambit. Let's see what we can do with it.

...Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking, Hubert's way too far away to stride from here. Glad I checked before using the gambit at least.

I'll have to take out a few more waves. Time to send in Dimitri, AKA Ser Get Out of Dodge. Almost nobody can hit this guy between the evasion on his battalion, his personal evasion bonus at full health, and alert stance plus.

The arrival of some assassins talking about looting the town reminds me that I should probably grab that chest I saw. Maybe. But yeah, I'm approaching Hubert's range, so I think I should be good to finish this shortly.

I used a gambit to get the demonic beast out of the way so I could have Leonie go ham on Hubert with her brave bow. Odds aren't great that she'll kill (needs two hits or a crit, and has 43% hit and 35% crit), but she should be able to soften him up so that the others can finish him off without risking his crit counterattacks.

...Or she can miss all four fucking attacks.

...Perhaps Dimitri can do it? He only needs one attack to connect to win, and he also has a brave weapon.

...First hit, Hubert's down.

Victory.

Alright, story time, and then I'll leave it here for today.

...One thing I noticed but haven't found the occasion to comment on until now is that the “gesture” animations characters do in talk scenes... are always super brief and only happen at the start of the line. It feels... obscenely awkward at times, especially with the “double fist pump” and the “fists clenched in annoyance” ones, since their stillness for the rest of their emotional line feels bizarre.

Felix: Go, and win! Be the boar that you are, and don't you dare look back.

...I'm bizarrely reminded of the series finale of the original Ducktales, where infamous serial plane-crasher Launchpad McQuack is flying Scrooge to a mountain temple to stop the apocalypse, and when he says he can't find any space to land the plane on, Scrooge goes: “Who said anything about landing? Just do what you do best, Launchpad: CRASH!”

Ohp! And here's Edelgard. And she's with a witch! Let's see what's going on...

...I wonder if they're even going to have a cutscene for the transformation.

...Screen cuts to black as we hear sound effects similar to what happened to Sylvain's brother.

Of fucking course.

This is fucking farcical. How did they not think this warranted a fucking cutscene?

...Well, that's it for today.

Tomorrow, we finish this.

Stay safe, everyone.

This is fucking farcical. How did they not think this warranted a fucking cutscene?

...Well, that's it for today.

Tomorrow, we finish this.

Stay safe, everyone.

Well I'm sure they felt it did. But...okay I'm not going to blame the budget, since cutscenes would be hired out other animation studios and they clearly decided the budget for those stupid nukes that aren't even part of the story deserved two separate animated segments. This was probably just a result of poor management and a lack of clear vision for the game than it was a money or time issue.

12 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yet again we break down a the front gates of a city loaded with siege weapons... without incident. That's supposed to be the hardest part!

Yeah. I'd find it hard to imagine that getting in would be that easy UNLESS it is a trap. Were the front gates undermanned or something?

In other news, I was watching the ironman run I had talked about... and guess how long it took for them to lose?

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah. I'd find it hard to imagine that getting in would be that easy UNLESS it is a trap. Were the front gates undermanned or something?

In other news, I was watching the ironman run I had talked about... and guess how long it took for them to lose?

The chapter with Sylvain's bro?

23 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

n other news, I was watching the ironman run I had talked about... and guess how long it took for them to lose?

I'm guessing chapter 2 LOL.

Maybe they thought a "beating down the gates" map would be boring design? I think it could be pretty interesting for a future title - say, there's one Gate spanning over 3 tiles, with an absurdly high durability (i.e. 999 HP), and you have to keep attacking it to its breaking point.

.One thing I noticed but haven't found the occasion to comment on until now is that the “gesture” animations characters do in talk scenes... are always super brief and only happen at the start of the line. It feels... obscenely awkward at times, especially with the “double fist pump” and the “fists clenched in annoyance” ones, since their stillness for the rest of their emotional line feels bizarre.

Seems like a "pick your poison" between "why do they return to static poses immediately?" and "why do they keep making that dumb gesture the whole time they're talking?" These models are frustratingly limited.

Cutscene machine broke.

17 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe they thought a "beating down the gates" map would be boring design? I think it could be pretty interesting for a future title - say, there's one Gate spanning over 3 tiles, with an absurdly high durability (i.e. 999 HP), and you have to keep attacking it to its breaking point.

Like the Ashera battle but with better enemy reinforcements hopefully. Splitting your army between people beating down a gate and people defending your lines would be awesome.

It'd be cool if it was a Defend type of mission... because you're defending the battering ram that's breaking down the wall/gate. Every turn the ram takes X amount of HP of the wall/gate, so you must hold on until the HP gets depleted... while defending the ram from the incoming enemies trying to destroy it.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It'd be cool if it was a Defend type of mission... because you're defending the battering ram that's breaking down the wall/gate. Every turn the ram takes X amount of HP of the wall/gate, so you must hold on until the HP gets depleted... while defending the ram from the incoming enemies trying to destroy it.

Maybe? I don't necessarily see the need to introduce a "ram" when the ability to destroy barriers by attacking them is already well-established. But the "escort/protect a green unit with a unique power" maps can be interesting amd memorable, so long as the AI is competent.

8 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Like the Ashera battle but with better enemy reinforcements hopefully. Splitting your army between people beating down a gate and people defending your lines would be awesome.

I'm imagining something like RD 2-3, where the gate is flanked by a couple hard-to-reach ballistae, and reinforcements keep coming for you. So you can split people off to deal with the reinforcements and/or ballistae, but then you have fewer whittling down the gate.

The chapter with Sylvain's bro?

37 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm guessing chapter 2 LOL.

Excellent guesses, but no. The player in question failed the mock battle in chapter 1. Because when individual enemy units are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Byleth or Edelgard, aggroing everyone, which one could feasibly get away with on Hard, is doomed to end in failure...

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I've been wanting them to do something like that for years.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Excellent guesses, but no. The player in question failed the mock battle in chapter 1. Because when individual enemy units are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Byleth or Edelgard, aggroing everyone, which one could feasibly get away with on Hard, is doomed to end in failure...

The lack of divine pulse in the mock battle can make it somewhat challenging too (yeah narratively you get it in the prologue but it doesn't actually show up till chapter 2 for gameplay). Though the casual mode aspect does make it a lot more forgiving.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

The lack of divine pulse in the mock battle can make it somewhat challenging too (yeah narratively you get it in the prologue but it doesn't actually show up till chapter 2 for gameplay). Though the casual mode aspect does make it a lot more forgiving.

Indeed. Either way, if I was ironmanning, I'd consider it really embarrassing to fail in chapter 1.

Also, regarding the attack on Enbarr, the church and opera house have goodies if certain characters stop near them, including a one-of-a-kind battalion for the latter (which just so happens to be a dance battalion).

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've been wanting them to do something like that for years.

Building off of this, I actually got like three "Game Overs" on the Chapter 1 Mock Battle in Maddening Mode, due to either Teach or Claude dying. I'm really not sure why Divine Pulse isn't an option there (since the game established the ability in the post-Prologue cutscene). Alternatively, losing either of those units could just result in an alternative scenario, wherein one of the other houses wins the mock battle.

22 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

To be fair, most Fire Emblem games kinda fudge this important step, usually by breaking the taking of important places into two maps, with the implication being that finding a way to breach the castle is what occurs between those two maps.

22 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Of fucking course.

..sigh...

21 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Alternatively, losing either of those units could just result in an alternative scenario, wherein one of the other houses wins the mock battle.

Its really dumb that this isn't a possibility, given that it is a mock battle...