Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

40 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Also, this may be a stretch at this point, but have you considered putting Ingrid in Valkyrie? Uncanny Blow would fix her accuracy issues in a jiffy. It certainly made my mounted Lysithea build more reliable.

...Huh. I'll think about it. Good point.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Yeah, really, I'm sorry, but the battle's pretty much over already, on turn 5, without much more to say. All I have to do is grab the chests and assassinate the boss. I got a bolt axe and a silver shield, so now...

Well, you managed to avoid this chapter getting a lot more awkward, for what it's worth (Rodrigue comes in on turn 6, and spawns right in reach of enemies; talking to him with Byleth gets you the Sword of Moralta).

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Why not make Sylvain adjutant for Ingrid, at least as long as he's sitting out? Or vice-versa? They'll provide a damage boost for each other, after all.

Unfortunately, Sylvain isn't a flier, so I can't do this at the moment.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe there are Pokemon-style ledges making Enbarr to Garreg Mach a one-way journey?

Given that every indication is that Garreg Mach is on a mountaintop, that would be an eldritch-level mind screw.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Unfortunately, Sylvain isn't a flier, so I can't do this at the moment.

Shoot, I always forget about that. It simultaneously makes flying classes worse (can't receive non-flying adjutants) and better (can adjutant for any class).

Given that every indication is that Garreg Mach is on a mountaintop, that would be an eldritch-level mind screw.

Well, sometimes you gotta go downhill to go uphill. Or something. 

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Do paralogues show up later? Because right now there aren't any available.

Dimitri's Paralogue has a very narrow availability, from chapters 19 to 21. The Rhealogue should be available starting this next chapter. And the Annette/Gilbert paralogue will be playable as soon as you get them to C-support.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:29 AM, Alastor15243 said:

Cutscene time, and Randolph rails at Dimitri for killing all those imperial soldiers, saying life must be worthless to him. Uh... what exactly were those soldiers going to do to Dimitri if he hadn't killed them, incidentally?

At least they wouldn't be caving in peoples skulls with their bare hands like Dimitri is...

Its also possible that this is the first Fire Emblem where they realized that most fancy named nobles were captured instead of killed in a lot of those old battles, and most battles end long...long...long before kill every last one of them was even a possibility.

23 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Yeah, really, I'm sorry, but the battle's pretty much over already, on turn 5, without much more to say. All I have to do is grab the chests and assassinate the boss. I got a bolt axe and a silver shield, so now...

One advantage to all of those boss maps in part 2, its generally easy to rush them if you want...

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

At least they wouldn't be caving in peoples skulls with their bare hands like Dimitri is...

Its also possible that this is the first Fire Emblem where they realized that most fancy named nobles were captured instead of killed in a lot of those old battles, and most battles end long...long...long before kill every last one of them was even a possibility.

One advantage to all of those boss maps in part 2, its generally easy to rush them if you want...

Named minor bosses are killed on a pretty regular basis in Fire Emblem. Like they have death quotes which are just as suggestive of death as any low class named boss. Sure ransoming off nobles was a real thing in actual European History, but no Fire Emblem game has ever depicted it as a norm in their universe, except maybe Thracia where it's an option for the player and enemies will do it to unarmed units. There are also on occasion plot related instances like Erik in Blazing Blade, but if anything they show how it's not the standard.

Three Houses Day 54: Chapter 16 Week 1-2

Hey, so, I have to wonder why the Golden Deer route got verdant wind, as in green, instead of an actual yellow color. Did they just not want to make a Jojo reference by calling Claude's route “Golden Wind”?

Okay, so, Rodrigue says that Glenn was killed “nine years ago” in Duscur. He was made a knight at the age of 15, and he died roughly four years before the timeskip, when Ingrid was 13. That's still not enough information to know how big the age difference between them was, but...

...Oh, so apparently Rodrigue does regret what he said about Glenn's death to Felix all those years ago.

Honestly, I like Rodrigue a lot. His conversations with Professr make him really likable, and I like his voice acting too. I really wish he were playable.

But yes, we're heading into Alliance territory at the end of the month. Frankly, with all of the fuss they make about how difficult it's going to be to get into the Empire, I can't imagine how the writers could have written this script without cringing, fighting to distract us from the fact that everyone goes all the way back home for a month every time we fight.

Alright, the goal this month is to get Leonie and Sylvain into bow knight. Sylvain just needs two more levels and he'll have a 90% success rate, likely to be 100% by the time those two levels are gained. Leonie's success rate currently isn't high enough to even attempt, but I'll be working to get her riding and bow ranks up from their current place of B as soon as possible.

I got Felix into war master, so I'll be trying that out. Given how ridiculously overkill his offense is, the niche situations where his magic has come in handy might actually outweigh that 20% crit rate, but I might as well try it out, especially since I've already mastered war monk.

We've got a battle quest this month, but that should be a quick thing I can do before tackling the paralogue today.

...Honestly, by the endgame, it almost becomes a chore to find things to do with your exploration points. You get so many, and if you don't need to feed anyone, you're basically just throwing it on “the artist formerly known as faculty training” for the hell of it.

I took part in the bow tournament with Leonie, and she was kicking ass, but apparently nine damage a round is too slow to kill the final boss... so the final opponent won by default. Can't they just say it's a draw or something? It seems weird for the tournament to be biased towards the my opponent winning when neither can beat the other fast enough.

I tried again after giving her some rocky burdocks and speed carrots, and that was enough to make her double the final opponent, so I won.

...This did not, however, award her any bow experience like I had hoped. Ah well.

Thankfully, Leonie got up to 49% chance and passed, so she now has bow knight! And she got +4 res as a result, which is nice. I wish her res were higher, but oh well.

...I just checked Gilbert's speed. At level 27... it's two. That is, I think, the worst speed base relative to join time I have ever seen. It's arguably worse than Marty's zero.

Ingrid's up to a 12% chance to become a valkyrie. I might be able to do it. Let's see how her accuracy fares with the changes I made.

Alright, let's do the quest and then the paralogue, and that'll be good for today.

...And of course, we fight a ton of swordmasters, making it difficult to gauge how much the accuracy boost actually helped Ingrid.

Also, Felix's strength is now 35, high enough that he can effortlessly wield both a pair of training gauntlets and the Aegis shield.

Alright, that's done. Now for the Rhea paralogue.

...Gilbert was just casually searching Rhea's room? This generally makes more sense when Seteth does it.

And then he just asks to read the letter with Professr, and Professr, having no idea what's in that letter or how personal it may be, agrees.

She tells us she has something for us in the holy tomb, but set a trap to keep thieves away.

...A trap she evidently set up after the tomb got invaded... and does not give us any instructions to disarm. Christ, what would've happened if we just wandered down there again?

Gilbert asks that “someone else” accompany us. Not our whole group, just someone. That's a really weird way of phrasing this unless it's a mandatorily 3-unit mission.

Ooh! Golems! Yes! Alright, I've been meaning to investigate this for a while. I have to see what they drop when you break all of their shields, to conclude something once and for all.

But I can't imagine this being difficult. The enemies are rather sparse, and we have a ton of units with long range and canto.

...Ward's use preview doesn't even show the change to resistance like every other game I can remember does. It just shows it not healing anything.

...The machines are immune to magic with their shields up. Right. Forgot about that. Thankfully I was still able to salvage my shield-breaking maneuver, but that's good to know for future reference.

YES! I KNEW IT!

Golems drop mythril!

Not Agarthium.

See, I heard someone claim that the game heavily implied the Agarthans' advanced technology isn't even their own, but stuff the Nabateans taught them, a kindness they repaid with self-destructive murderous slaughter. But nope! This pretty heavily indicates to me that Agarthan technology is pretty damned distinct from Nabatean technology, especially since they can do way more things than the Nabateans are ever shown to be capable of doing. And right here, it's confirmed that Agarthans make their robots with a material that is entirely different from what the Nabateans make their robots out of.

And Sylvain gets hunter's volley... just in time to qualify for bow knight. Goodie.

And when it comes time to take out the final robot, I nearly managed to get my entire team spontaneously in place for a stride gambit, but two units fell short of making it in time.

I was hoping to take advantage of this to kill the last robot and the three remaining bosses in one turn, but unfortunately by the time the robot was dead I didn't have enough units in range of them. Still, I can close in for a sure kill next turn.

Yep, sure enough, they go down.

And we get the Seiros Shield. Looks pretty decent. Might use it.

...I'm staring at the auxiliary battle screen, and I have two separate battle options for the same exact map. The fuck?

But anyway, the basic random battles are now beyond trivial for my army. I bet I could two-turn this if I gave it some serious thought, but that'd take longer chronologically than I care for this to take.

I did manage to three-turn it though.

...And I got smithing stones. Wow! This is worthless!

...Oh right, since you have to explore to buy master seals, I can't actually promote Sylvain until the next time I explore. Note for next time, I guess.

Well, that's it for today.

Stay safe, everyone.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Hey, so, I have to wonder why the Golden Deer route got verdant wind, as in green, instead of an actual yellow color. Did they just not want to make a Jojo reference by calling Claude's route “Golden Wind”?

The four route names are a reference to a Chinese Poem about the Seasons. To the point the Japanese subtitle of the game is outright "Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon".

The Crimson Flowers of Spring

The Verdant Winds of Summer

The Azure Moon of Autumn

The Silver Snow of Winter

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The four route names are a reference to a Chinese Poem about the Seasons. To the point the Japanese subtitle of the game is outright "Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon".

The Crimson Flowers of Spring

The Verdant Winds of Summer

The Azure Moon of Autumn

The Silver Snow of Winter

So I suppose then the real question is why they made Claude's house yellow instead of green?

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

So I suppose then the real question is why they made Claude's house yellow instead of green?

Primary Colors, I suppose.

It's just a happy coincidence two of the colors match with the poem.

...I just checked Gilbert's speed. At level 27... it's two. That is, I think, the worst speed base relative to join time I have ever seen. It's arguably worse than Marty's zero.

Marty can get a speed of 2 by level 15, so yeah, Gilbert is way worse, even before you take inflation into account. Though both of them are in a position of so bad they're equally useless. Though at least if you could qualify Gilbert for Wyvern Lord he'd get a whopping +18 promotion gain (though Marty's +6 speed gain when promoting is pretty dang massive too, especially for Thracia, though his growth and base is still low enough that he'll still probably never double).

...A trap she evidently set up after the tomb got invaded... and does not give us any instructions to disarm. Christ, what would've happened if we just wandered down there again?

Not just after the tomb got invaded, she somehow did it after the Monastary got invaded in the last chapter of Part 1.

25 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Shit, she had it on her during the finale of part 1!?

Yep. In fact she has it in all instances when she's deployed in human form. Even in the Ignatz Paralogue as an npc. She doesn't have the Sword of Seiros in that paralogue though, as presumably it wouldn't me much of a defend map if the unit you're defending had a busted sword with a Nosferatu effect. No great reason why she was kitted out with the shield in that paralogue, but not the sword. Would have made more sense from a gameplay and narrative perspective if she had neither and was only depending on her magic to defend herself. Likewise there's no great reason why she'd hide the shield and not the sword at the end of Part 1, especially if she already knew she was going to use the Immaculate One form (and, as pointed out in that thread, the Seiros Shield would have actually been pretty useful to her given she was taken down by black beasts.

That kinda pairs with my theory that they use Azure Moon to avoid references to the more common and overused phrase of Blue Moon.

Honestly, I like Rodrigue a lot. His conversations with Professr make him really likable, and I like his voice acting too. I really wish he were playable.

If only Three Houses were more willing to give out Part 2 replacement units...

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

, Gilbert is way worse, even before you take inflation into account. Though both of them are in a position of so bad they're equally useless. Though at least if you could qualify Gilbert for Wyvern Lord he'd get a whopping +18 promotion gain (though Marty's +6 speed gain when promoting is pretty dang massive too, especially for Thracia, though his growth and base is still low enough that he'll still probably never double).

Its a little deceptive, as his class is giving a -6 to his base speed, so only a +12 base speed gain from that Wyvern promotion. As a quick and dirty alternative, giving him an advance seal will give +6 speed to his base stats immediately if he can pass for any of the other advanced classes (not to mention losing the -6 to speed from the Fortress Knight class...)

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That kinda pairs with my theory that they use Azure Moon to avoid references to the more common and overused phrase of Blue Moon.

If only Three Houses were more willing to give out Part 2 replacement units...

Its a little deceptive, as his class is giving a -6 to his base speed, so only a +12 base speed gain from that Wyvern promotion. As a quick and dirty alternative, giving him an advance seal will give +6 speed to his base stats immediately if he can pass for any of the other advanced classes (not to mention losing the -6 to speed from the Fortress Knight class...)

A +12 promotion gain is still pretty nuts. And it doesn't even seem like it'd be that hard to do. He comes with b+ in lances and axes. It's just that E flying and really later join time that's holding him back. Maybe you could get it done by end game if you double down his goals as flying, put him in the sky stable and tutor him each week. Course if you also need to level him four times before he can reach Wyvern lord which means he'll probably level up speed once, though it wouldn't be insane if he didn't.

6 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Honestly, by the endgame, it almost becomes a chore to find things to do with your exploration points. You get so many, and if you don't need to feed anyone, you're basically just throwing it on “the artist formerly known as faculty training” for the hell of it.

Yeah, the game gives me more points, but no more things to do with them, post-skip. If anything, there's less to do with my points - I'm no longer trying to use teatime or meals, for instance, to sway other students to join my class. I'm not a big fan of the "Professor Level" and "Activity Points" system, truth be told.

...This did not, however, award her any bow experience like I had hoped. Ah well.

Unlike previous "Arenas", with the Tournament system, the participatory unit receives no particular benefits, such as experience or weapon ranks. There's basically never any motive not to send your strongest unit (at least, with that particular weapon type) in.

Golems drop mythril!

Not Agarthium.

See, I heard someone claim that the game heavily implied the Agarthans' advanced technology isn't even their own, but stuff the Nabateans taught them, a kindness they repaid with self-destructive murderous slaughter. But nope! This pretty heavily indicates to me that Agarthan technology is pretty damned distinct from Nabatean technology, especially since they can do way more things than the Nabateans are ever shown to be capable of doing. And right here, it's confirmed that Agarthans make their robots with a material that is entirely different from what the Nabateans make their robots out of.

Now, hold on a minute. Certainly, Agarthans use a different mineral in their technology than the Nabateans do. But that doesn't necessarily mean that their development has nothing to do with one another. The Agarthans could have based their Titanus soldiers on the Nabateans' Golems, but made them out of a different mineral based on availability. Conversely, it's technically possible that the Nabateans based their Golems off of existing Titanus soldiers, again using a different mineral. We don't know enough about the background of either race, and all the information we do have is colored in favor of one party or the other.

On a gameplay note, it was nice to finally get Mythril in this map. I was able to forge Hauteclere, so that now I have a high-Might Axe with which Hilda can hit reliably.

...Gilbert was just casually searching Rhea's room? This generally makes more sense when Seteth does it.

On VW it's Claude who's snooping around, but again - total Claude move.

7 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I took part in the bow tournament with Leonie, and she was kicking ass, but apparently nine damage a round is too slow to kill the final boss... so the final opponent won by default. Can't they just say it's a draw or something? It seems weird for the tournament to be biased towards the my opponent winning when neither can beat the other fast enough.

Reminds me, I myself found out the hard way that you only have a certain amount of rounds to defeat your opponent, else you lose by default.

32 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

On VW it's Claude who's snooping around, but again - total Claude move.

Snooping as usual, I see!.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, Alastor15243 said:

Do paralogues show up later? Because right now there aren't any available.

At this point, it mostly depends on who you have. as you MUST have both of the characters the paralogue revolves around to access them. A good chunk of the post-timeskip paralogues require units from two different houses to access (the one exception to this is Petra and Bernadetta's).

Three Houses Day 55: Chapter 16 Week 3-4

Alright, first thing I do is get two master seals, one for Sylvain and one for Seteth. Those are the only ones I think will be using them.

Also, I totally forgot to mention this because it was such a non-event at the time, what with me not even using it, but Dimitri's second personal class timing feels totally arbitrary. Granted, all of them felt totally arbitrary, as did the concept of more than one basically identical personal class itself, but seriously, they couldn't save this for when Dimitri gets his head out of his ass later?

I don't know why I keep forgetting, but I just remembered you don't need to get someone's favorite meal for a full motivation restore. Neutral meals seem to do the job just as well, they just don't give as many support points I guess.

I unlocked a support with Gilbert. He says it's late and I need rest for “the day to come”. Yeah, like we actually have shit to do most days around here.

But Gilbert apparently was too far away from Duscur when the attack happened and he couldn't make it there fast enough, a mental image that I can only find hilarious due to how dumb FE knights look whenever they move like they have a place to be. Knights have only ever looked cool when they do slow, ominous walks like they have all the time in the world, a la the Black Knight.

After that, I abandoned my wife and child, and fled my homeland.”

...This is... this... wha...?

Jesus Christ.

He's so wrapped up in his own “guilt” that he thinks punishing himself is more important than the wellbeing of literally everyone he cares about. That is the most childishly pathetic behavior I have ever seen.

...Gilbert... seems to tacitly agree with Professr when she points out he needs to go back and make things right with his family...

...But... he still doesn't actually do it.

Oh, also, yet another scene that takes place at night despite it still being daytime when I get back from checking on him.

Seteth has another chat with us during the week. He... basically admits he knows some of the truth but doesn't want to tell it to us without Rhea here, afraid that “partial truth might do more harm than good”.

...Alright, Ingrid's at 45% for valkyrie, so I think I'm gonna get an exam pass and give it a shot. Probably should've done that last week, but lesson learned.

Anyway, Sylvain becomes a bow knight, but Seteth's still far from being good enough for wyvern lord.

And it seems like I missed a quest in abyss until just now when I checked the board again. I hope I can still do it next month.

I found the altar where you can trade items for renown. Cool idea, and convenient, because I think I need more renown in order to unlock whatever the hell gets me more than the four free abyssal exam passes. Lemme see...

...Apparently it's an abyssian exam pass, not an abyssal exam pass. Huh. Anyway, after a ton of renown trading of junk, including my entire tea collection, I managed to get one. Alright, let's go.

...The game's telling me I still don't have an abyssian exam pass. I know I got one at the altar. What the fuck happened?

...Fuck it, support time.

Sylvain and Felix's A+.

Okay, now it's really getting annoying how often the thing they have Sylvain do to show he's a good guy is some offscreen battlefield thing. Now he's apparently brutally wounded and resting in his room. Wow, great thing to happen the day we march off for battle.

...Okay, while he still says he needs rest (so my point stands), he was apparently faking how serious his wounds were to fuck with Felix.

...Aaaaaand Felix is blushing and smiling. I thought he wasn't a gay option. Or is it just he isn't into the avatar?

Felix and Leonie's B.

She... outsmarts Felix with a pit trap. Funny how she never even tried that on Professr. Maybe she just assumed Jeralt's daughter wouldn't fall for any tricks Jeralt taught her?

Felix and Seteth's C.

It's a support that, while they phrase it so that it doesn't explicitly mention Part 1, it still feels like a support Felix should've gotten earlier. Before he started... piling on so many other supports.

And now for Felix and Flayn's B.

This entire conversation about what tool is most appropriate for chopping wood and fruit seems like a really obtuse reference to Lucina's sibling conversation.

Sylvain and Mercedes's A.

...I've listened to Sylvain's opening line multiple times, and every time it sounds like he's pronouncing “always” as “alwez”.

She talks about all the shallow women who try to seduce Sylvain, and honestly, I wish we got to see, like, even one of them in action. But every time he acts like that's the case with one of the generic women we see on-screen, it's implied to not be.

But yeah, here's another... like... way too romantic and emotional ending support for something that might not end in romance. We're going to be seeing a ton of these, and by the end it'll feel like everyone's going to get into one big, polyamorous orgy.

Sylvain and Flayn's B.

Okay, I do find it pretty hilarious that when Sylvain starts showering Flayn in compliments, she's just like “I hear that very frequently. Thank you.” So hilariously unphased.

And... now Annette and Gilbert can have their C support.

This is just... profoundly uncomfortable. He seems to regret punishing himself in ways that were hurtful to the people around him... and... his response is... to add one more thing to punish himself for in ways that are hurtful to the people around him.

...He's not as bad as Claud, because at least he has... some semblance of self-awareness that what he's doing is wrong... but still, holy shit is this just so weird. Apparently this sort of attitude is more normal in Japan? That's something I heard about this, not sure if it's true.

Now for Leonie and Seteth's C. I know I've seen this before but I totally forget what it's about.

Seteth: Actually, while I have enjoyed the hobby for a long while, I must admit I am less than proficient.

Seteth, that being true would be an actual accomplishment. You must have spent well over 10,000 hours fishing by this point.

Honestly, I like when Seteth talks about how he mostly just does it to relax and he never really developed any understanding about how it actually works, and then asks Leonie why she fishes, and she goes:

Leonie: Me? Just for the fish, actually.

She should've ended it there, that really says all she needed to say, but she goes on to explain it further and ruin the snappiness of the line and what could've been a good joke.

Leonie and Shamir's C. God fucking damn I'm not even done with the left column.

I wish they didn't phrase this one like Leonie's still some kind of rookie. Again, this feels, in spirit, like it should've happened in Part 1. Which is a shame, because it's pretty decent.

Flayn and Seteth's B.

Okay, I'm chuckling like an idiot at this one. Seteth's profound obliviousness about how embarrassing he's being is a wonder to behold. It's almost as good as the shit Frederick does.

I also like how he says “elder brother” almost like he's willfromafar, so unnaturally.

Finally, Mercedes and Ashe's B.

PFFFFFF.

Mercedes somehow managed to cook with an herb they use for smoke bombs.

She's cooking with gas, alright, but it's tear gas.

I wish they showed more smoke though. They showed some, but surely they had a visual effect that could've made the environment smokier. Maybe the fog of war one?

But anyway, yeah, that's it for today. And therefore, that's it for this week.

Come Monday, I'll be tackling Chapter 16 proper, which apparently is not the school three-for-all part two. That must come next.

Stay safe, everyone.

.The game's telling me I still don't have an abyssian exam pass. I know I got one at the altar. What the fuck happened?

Does Professr still have it? [Character] can only use a Seal if it's either in [Character]'s inventory or the convoy. Yes, it's very dumb.

..Aaaaaand Felix is blushing and smiling. I thought he wasn't a gay option. Or is it just he isn't into the avatar?

Their paired ending has some "oh my god, they were roommates" vibes. But yeah, neither can pair with male Teach.

Seteth, that being true would be an actual accomplishment. You must have spent well over 10,000 hours fishing by this point.

Maybe he's just miserable at "timed button press" minigames?

Also, I totally forgot to mention this because it was such a non-event at the time, what with me not even using it, but Dimitri's second personal class timing feels totally arbitrary. Granted, all of them felt totally arbitrary, as did the concept of more than one basically identical personal class itself, but seriously, they couldn't save this for when Dimitri gets his head out of his ass later?

Presumably, not giving it until post chapter 17 would leave relatively little time for class mastery. This way, at least, it's tied with getting Areadhbar. That said, agreed that there's no need for two seperate post-skip promotions. Just give each a single one, which after 200 class EXP, grants both "Pomp & Circumstance" and the combat art of choice.

Also Emperor should give spell access and Great Lord Lance Crit +10, but that's its own discussion. 

...Aaaaaand Felix is blushing and smiling. I thought he wasn't a gay option. Or is it just he isn't into the avatar?

Someone not being into the avatar. Impossible I say, impossible.

She talks about all the shallow women who try to seduce Sylvain, and honestly, I wish we got to see, like, even one of them in action. But every time he acts like that's the case with one of the generic women we see on-screen, it's implied to not be.

And now I want Heroes to give us a Sylvain x Charlotte Harmonic Unit (basically paired units from two different games). The two fakest flirts in the series.

But yeah, here's another... like... way too romantic and emotional ending support for something that might not end in romance. We're going to be seeing a ton of these, and by the end it'll feel like everyone's going to get into one big, polyamorous orgy.

You know what? I would actually love to see Fire Emblem have the balls to outright go down that route. Make it pure pandering, or a disturbing cult like situation, I don't even care, it'd be fun to see just with how out there it'd be.