Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

25 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

He's planning to die out there, to use himself as a scapegoat (not that this isn't justified) for Thracia's wrongdoing and improve the chances for peace. Granted, half of this is headcanon I'm extrapolating from what's gone unexplained, but my point here is that there's a ton of potential for “Shadows of Jugdral” to do something really interesting here.

My interpretation is that he is just sick of living. He wanted Thracia, he tried to get Thracia, the Empire stopped him and he chose to ally with them instead. More than a decade of frustrations after major hopes have worn him down, and now the Empire has lost its control of the north, but the rebels are fighting back, having seized some of his realm and invading the rest. His archnemesis Leonster's prince belongs to it, so he won't join them and he can't betray the Empire he doesn't entirely trust/like either.

Altena learning the truth probably just pushed Travant off that cliff. His best moment was seventeen years ago, and life has only gotten worse since. Not selflessness, rather rigidity, a refusal to budge from his old ways. Death is mercy for him, and also frees up Arion to do whatever he wants. But, Arion is a fool, an understandable fool under a lot of pressure, but a fool nonetheless.

Well that's embarrassing. I'll have to have Ares take care of this.

He does so with ease, due to Mystletainn's insane hit rate.

You didn't use Leif? 😡

I gotcha:

Genealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-01-57.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-01-38.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-07.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-20.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-30.png

Oh. So she's just casually hunting children. I mean yeah, that's horrible, but it's kind of pedestrian for the Loptyr empire at this point. I'm hoping to see something even more despicable from her eventually.

You know to attack her with that untrained unit of yours called Tine, right?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My interpretation is that he is just sick of living. He wanted Thracia, he tried to get Thracia, the Empire stopped him and he chose to ally with them instead. More than a decade of frustrations after major hopes have worn him down, and now the Empire has lost its control of the north, but the rebels are fighting back, having seized some of his realm and invading the rest. His archnemesis Leonster's prince belongs to it, so he won't join them and he can't betray the Empire he doesn't entirely trust/like either.

Altena learning the truth probably just pushed Travant off that cliff. His best moment was seventeen years ago, and life has only gotten worse since. Not selflessness, rather rigidity, a refusal to budge from his old ways. Death is mercy for him, and also frees up Arion to do whatever he wants. But, Arion is a fool, an understandable fool under a lot of pressure, but a fool nonetheless.

You didn't use Leif? 😡

I gotcha:

Genealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-01-57.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-01-38.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-07.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-20.pngGenealogy-1-2019-03-16-11-02-30.png

You know to attack her with that untrained unit of yours called Tine, right?

Thank you for posting that. That completely slipped my mind. I was in pure gameplay mode at that moment. And yeah, uh... fighting Hilda with Tinni may well be impossible. Does Arthur have any dialogue with her?

16 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Thank you for posting that. That completely slipped my mind. I was in pure gameplay mode at that moment. And yeah, uh... fighting Hilda with Tinni may well be impossible. Does Arthur have any dialogue with her?

Oddly, Tinni has fight dialogue in both 10 and F, but Arthur only F.

Or, you could play with a game save/state for a moment. Just reload afterwards when she dies.

Weirdly, I only screenshotted part of the 10 Tine convo:

Genealogy-1-2019-03-18-11-24-54.png

And part of the F convo:

Genealogy-1-2019-03-20-13-44-36.png

14 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Tinni in general has too much dialogue to not use her unless you play ltc imo. And i nwver found her too much of a liability tbh.

Tragically... she doesn't have pursuit. Only one pursuit ring, and I'd be a fool to give it to anyone but her brother.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Also, for some reason I thought the defense cap for heroes was 25. Turns out it's 22, and Forrest isn't gaining any more defense not because his luck for growth rates suddenly ran out at the final stretch, but because he had nothing more to gain. He's capped strength, skill, speed and defense.

Who's Forrest? Unless Forrest from Fates somehow managed to break into this game?

Wich is why i want pursuit to be removed in echoes of Jugdral, balance be damned. But then, Lewyn!Arthur is the only unit that became godlike whit pursuit, and there is the ring for that, so i doubt it would break anything. It would also make claude a more interesting father for them(if he deserve fatherhood).

Edited by Flere210

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Who's Forrest? Unless Forrest from Fates somehow managed to break into this game?

Wow, slip of the tongue there. Must've been reading the Serenes Forest page at the time. Forrest is the original translation's name for Hero... for some reason. I was talking about Ulster. Here's hoping I can still edit it back.

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Wow, slip of the tongue there. Must've been reading the Serenes Forest page at the time. Forrest is the original translation's name for Hero... for some reason. I was talking about Ulster. Here's hoping I can still edit it back.

I was a little confused at first.

11 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Wich is why i want pursuit to be removed in echoes of Jugdral, balance be damned. But then, Lewyn!Arthur is the only unit that became godlike whit pursuit, and there is the ring for that, so i doubt it would break anything. It would also make claude a more interesting father for them(if he deserve fatherhood).

What would really make Claude interesting as a father would be if his daughters inherited major Braggi blood, either in addition to or instead of the sons. There are just way more daughters who can use staves than there are sons. His lack of pursuit would still be a huge issue, but it's Ced and Corple for male Valkyria candidates, compared to Nanna, Lana, Tinni and Fee.

Edited by Alastor15243

8 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Also, poor Riddell. He hates what the empire's up to now, but he's clearly in way over his head and has no other clear options but to fight for them. For some reason I'm more sympathetic to him than I am to Eldigan. Probably because Eldigan was genuinely loyal to an entitled manchild psychopath, whereas there's damn near nowhere else for Riddell to go besides the empire, so he has basically no options here.

He could go to Verdane. Apperantly it's the one part of the continent the empire didn't bother subduing because who wants to bother trying to rule of bandit land. Even when Sigurd gave it to them on a silver platter and they had already infiltrated it with their own spies, the Lopt sect said no. Not sure why. Children there are probably just as good for hunting as anywhere else.

I'm with you on your analysis of Travant's actions. Regarding Areone...

As far as I can make out, he makes absolutely no sense as a character...I still kind of like him though. Not sure why.

Remake potential to fix up the Altena confusion, have it be a lie that heirs of Noba and Dain can use each others holy weapons as the two Crusaders were siblings. Travant's cover is then that he simply killed Quan and took Gae Bolg from him and then gave it to his second child, who conveniently was also major Dain blood.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Remake potential to fix up the Altena confusion, have it be a lie that heirs of Noba and Dain can use each others holy weapons as the two Crusaders were siblings. Travant's cover is then that he simply killed Quan and took Gae Bolg from him and then gave it to his second child, who conveniently was also major Dain blood.

Both siblings had major holy blood?

Altena: Yo, wanna bang?

Arion: What? No! We're related!

Altena: So? So were mom and dad! YOU ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE ARION, NOW GET ON THE FUCKING BED!

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Both siblings had major holy blood?

Altena: Yo, wanna bang?

Arion: What? No! We're related!

Altena: So? So were mom and dad! YOU ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE ARION, NOW GET ON THE FUCKING BED!

I think those roles would be more than likely reversed. Still, I'm merely suggesting that be the tale Trabant tells. It obviously wouldn't necessary indicate more incest. As far as can be gathered, there's no definitive rules for passing down Holy Blood. It's just random. Useually it seems to be limited to just one a generation, but even then they threw Galzus into the mix who, along with Marreta seem to have major blood (although possibly not, the games are really vague about wether or not minor users have any marks on their body). Some characters also have no holy blood when it seems they should at least have minor. Like Andoney and Lewyn's uncles.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

He could go to Verdane. Apperantly it's the one part of the continent the empire didn't bother subduing because who wants to bother trying to rule of bandit land. Even when Sigurd gave it to them on a silver platter and they had already infiltrated it with their own spies, the Lopt sect said no. Not sure why. Children there are probably just as good for hunting as anywhere else.

Barbarians lands aren't worth conquering? Verdane doesn't seem like some disgustingly barren Mongolian plains though, you'd think Loptous would like chopping down a few hundred forests to build some manors and fill his castles with elegantly carved furniture featuring dragon motifs.

Verdane could have been deemed too backwater to be worth the price, even if all its bandits could be subdued. The reason northernmost Silesse got spared I can imagine had less to do with Silessean military might, and more with it being too cold and worthless. Similarly, if Thracia was no true military threat to the Empire, then letting Travant keep his throne would've had to have been related to the southern half of the peninsula being agriculturally worthless.

Maybe Emperor Julius III would've later initiated a conquest of Verdane to boost his prestige and extract more from a world used to Loptian rule. But savoring the fruits of the big prizes of Grannvale, Agustria, and Manster, with the smaller ones of Silesse, Miletos, and Issach, was enough at the present moment.

To add to this, let me post these details from the Treasure artbook concerning every country's main industries:

• Agriculture – Grannvale and Augustria
  • Agriculture, crafts and fishing - Manster District
  • Fishing and hunting – Verdane, Silesse
  • Fishing, hunting, mining -- Thracia
  • Livestock farming – Isaach

Which of these would you want the most in a premodern society? Which the least?

Genealogy Day 29: HAVE YOU EVER MET PRINCESS ISHTAR'S MOM, SHE'S THE BIGGEST BITCH IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

Funny how the Queen class is introduced in this chapter and is simultaneously used in the arena. Well, I mean, it's not exactly special. It's not like fighting an FE8 necromancer in the arena, this is just a female baron, and we've fought barons in the arena before. But still... strange it happened at the exact same time.

In the process of going through all of my extensive preparations, I checked the shop, and what should I find but the Rescue staff! My initial excitement was SLIGHTLY dampened when I realized it was A rank and not even Claude!Fee could use it. For a second I thought I'd have to keep it restricted to my pedestrians, but then I remembered I have Leif! Ah, good ol' master knights.

...Waaaaaaaait a sec! That means the only classes that can inherit a Rescue staff are master knights, high priests, and bishops! AND NONE OF THOSE ARE STARTING CLASSES FOR ANYONE! You literally HAVE To be related to Claude to inherit the Rescue staff! Even if Azel gives it to Aideen, she's gonna have to give it to Claude or his wife anyway. You HAVE to marry Claude to Aideen to let her pass the Rescue staff down, and if you don't, the soonest you can get it after that is FUCKING CHAPTER EIGHT, with Claude!Ced.

But let's move on. I've got a couple of plans for this chapter, but getting past this battalion of mages in any timely fashion might be a nightmare. There are four enemies of main concern: two sleep staff users with 16 magic, and two Hel users with 86 hit. So basically until I take those four out, I can't send anyone to fight this group who doesn't have at least 86 avoid against dark magic and 16 resistance.

Which naturally means slapping a Barrier Ring on Arthur and having him ride in to take out the first Hel user on a forest. After that I may have Claude join in on the fun. But for now, I'm sending Fee and Altena off to secure the children in case things take too long to get my main army there.

Also, I hate to say this, but gameplaywise Altena would have been much better off as Travant's daughter rather than Quan's. Gáe Bolg and Gungnir are identical except that Gungnir gives +10 to strength, defense and speed while Gáe Bolg gives +10 to strength, defense and skill. +10 speed is an objectively better stat bonus than +10 skill. But more importantly here, Travant and Arion had Nihil, which would have been super useful for a tanky flier.

Alas. You work with what you're given.

OH.

MY FUCKING.

GOD.

Quick, infuriating update on Larcei, Lady of Glass, after she's finished this chapter's arena:

She is currently level 24.

Her defense is still twelve.

Taking out the 7 base she had and the +2 she got from promotion, that is a total of three times she has procced defense on a 40% chance.

OVER TWENTY THREE FUCKING LEVELS.

SHE IS MORE THAN SIX FUCKING POINTS BELOW THE NORM. That may not sound like a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it means that she should have been getting THREE TIMES as many defense procs as she actually has been. Frankly it's a really good thing she came with a built-in spare in Ulster, because this is some pretty serious stat screwage.

Hahaha. Riddell telling his men to go “at a leisurely pace” is pretty amusing and heartening, even if he's marching at the same speed most cavalry march at.

On turn three, all four of the Hel/Sleep users are taken out, due to a combination of Arthur and... something I'd rather not disclose QUITE yet. My cavalry march out to intercept Riddell's charge with a ludicrous amount of time to spare, and there's no need to have Altena hog all the tasty rescue exp. I'll be sending in some of my units who are lagging behind due to being primarily player-phase fighters. Ares and maybe even Johan, given how close he is to promoting and how poorly he's doing in the arena due to using axes. As a result, Altena and Fee's NEW jobs are to take out the pirates closing in on the villages.

Also, one of the things I did was swap Leif's Light Brand and Fee's Fire Sword. Mostly because the Light Brand is about to get 50 kills and the critical skill... which Leif already has, so it seemed like a waste. Also because Fee has much more business fighting mages with her vastly superior res, so the weapon triangle advantages of light seemed kind of pointless to put on him. I may give it back later though.

Riddell's forces meet a comically tragic end, as Hilda's castle placement and her total lack of a siege tome mean I can completely bottleneck them into ramming themselves into Ulster's blade while his aura-boosted evasion is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too high for him to be so much as scratched.

...Well, at least the ranged units suicided. I failed to realize until the second turn of the melee units not considering him a viable target and trying to go around the other way that enemy units apparently won't move onto a red castle entrance tile to attack you, even if it's the only way they can. Fascinating!

And now... at long last... like you all wanted... to atone for my crime of not letting Leif kill Travant...

...I'm getting Tinni to fight Hilda. Fuck it. Why not? It's story, and it's an important part of Hilda's character, so I've gotta see how the Project Naga team did with it.

No save states though. Sorry. Still seems cheap even if it's for research purposes. I wanna keep the ironman pure.

She's not gonna contribute much anyway, and I can probably afford to revive her eventually.

And so, without further ado...

Hilda: Ohoho! Well if it isn't Tinni. I knew you'd come crawling back to me. You really are every bit the ingrate your dear mama was!

Tinni: Hilda! You... what you did to Mother...

Hilda: Ahh, that takes me back! It's been so long since I've had as much fun as tormenting that eyesore you call “mama”... Ahahaha!

Tinni: No! You... I won't forgive you...

Hilda: Why, if I didn't know better, I'd say that's the smart mouth of someone all grown up! What could a brat like you ever hope to do? Good thing you miss your mama. You're about to join her in Hell!

Ced: Denied. (Silences her)

Hilda: (Chokes, then stares in shock.)

Ced: (Smirks)

Hilda: (Flails wildly, pointing at her 30 resistance)

Ced: (Shows off the magic ring on his middle finger)

Hilda: (Screams in going to die)

...Now, funny thing about Tinni, folks...

...She's really fallen behind the curve.

...And that means she didn't fare too well at the arena today.

...No sir.

She didn't fare very well at all.

And she's in a bit of a mood about it.

A WRATHFUL MOOD.

Between Silence, Wrath, Adept, Leylia's dancing, and 50 points of auras...

I actually manage to do it.

I actually kill Hilda with a grotesquely underleveled Tinni.

So yeah, in case you're still wondering, Ced used the silence staff to help the rest of my army push their way in to that initial band of dark priests, once Arthur killed the Hel users. 35 magic with the magic ring. Sages' stat caps are utterly ludicrous, and Claude!Ced has pretty much hit all of them. Yet another point in favor of Claude x Erin.

It suddenly occurs to me that this might be why Loptyr gives Julius +5 res and nothing else beyond the damage-halving power. Is that literally all it's for? To make sure you can't silence him without making up a skill for it? That would explain why no holy weapons the player has access to boost magic. But wait... I have two magic rings... do they not stack? Speed ring stacks with Forseti, do stat rings not stack with each other in the same stat?

I'm going to check that. But I'm guessing that if Julius could be cheesed with Silence... I'd have heard about that by now and not come up with it on my own.

Moving on...

...Okay, I debated whether or not I'd disclose this, it kind of ruins the moment... but I decided that since this is a ranking marathon where I'm genuinely trying to make an effort to rank these games on quality, I should keep a habit of being honest about what I've done, even at the expense of theatrics and cool factor.

Yes, I did do all of that, but it wasn't my original plan. The original plan was to just let Tinni do chip damage to get the conversation and then have her big brother avenge their mother's honor. I only thought of actually going full madlad and kicking Hilda's ass with Tinni after realizing how much damage she does with wrath and realizing how good her hit rate was with those auras backing her. So... I had to send her back to get herself injured in the arena.

...Twice. Because I also accidentally had Ced use fortify when I noticed some of my other units were wounded.

But I still managed to do it! And if I hadn't had to go back both times, I would've been able to do it in just one staff use!

Also, Leif with the rescue staff was INSANELY useful for getting Tinni across that forest. It's the only reason I could afford to send her back twice at all. No way Tinny would have made the walk back twice in order to kill Hilda if I didn't have that on him. Getting Leif promoted is going to be a major priority next time I play this game (which probably won't be for a while, given the marathon), so that he can get this thing from Claude!Ced as soon as possible.

So basically what I'm saying is that killing Tinny with Hilda is what I'm going to do from now on whenever I play this game outside of any possible future attempts at a ranked run, because holy shit is it hilarious and viscerally satisfying.

I will, however, probably send everyone else over to Rados simultaneously next time I try this. Unfortunately I underestimated what it would take to get those gates to Miletos open (I forgot you had to take out both castles), and one of the pirates is starting to burn down the villages beyond it already. So I'm gonna have to double-time it to Rados and have my fliers lie in wait right by those villages to save them the second they can if I want to keep them from being totally burnt down.

...But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm gonna try and get to Thracia by next Monday, and for these last weekdays I'm trying to keep things manageable by doing one castle a day of the remaining two maps. Then on the weekend I'll finish up what's left.

Also, I wanna make sure I have the weekend to get Thracia up and running because... the translation patch ran into issues last time I tried. I haven't checked back on the project since, but it looks like I'm going to have to patch the thing on my PC because the only patching programs it's actually been tested on only work on PC, and several Mac ones cause the entire rom to glitch out entirely for reasons I don't understand. This wouldn't be an issue if all of my emulation experience (and my favorite emulation program) weren't on mac and if I hadn't literally gotten a PC for the first time in a decade like... a few months ago.

There may be a bit of trial and error in getting the rom patched is what I'm trying to say.

But that's a dilemma for another time. Take care guys!

Edited by Alastor15243

15 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I haven't checked back on the project since, but it looks like I'm going to have to patch the thing on my PC because the only patching programs it's actually been tested on only work on PC, and several Mac ones cause the entire rom to glitch out entirely for reasons I don't understand. This wouldn't be an issue if all of my emulation experience (and my favorite emulation program) weren't on mac and if I hadn't literally gotten a PC for the first time in a decade like... a few months ago.

Odd, I played from beginning to end using the patch on a Mac, and everything went fine. OpenEmu ran it perfectly well. I didn't use the final-final patch though after some players' suggestions for edits, only the final that was the first version fully translated.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odd, I played from beginning to end using the patch on a Mac, and everything went fine. OpenEmu ran it perfectly well.

Did you patch it on a mac, or did you patch it on PC and then send it to a Mac? The latter was what I was assuming I'd need to do.

OH.

MY FUCKING.

GOD.

Quick, infuriating update on Larcei, Lady of Glass, after she's finished this chapter's arena:

She is currently level 24.

Her defense is still twelve.

Taking out the 7 base she had and the +2 she got from promotion, that is a total of three times she has procced defense on a 40% chance.

OVER TWENTY THREE FUCKING LEVELS.

SHE IS MORE THAN SIX FUCKING POINTS BELOW THE NORM. That may not sound like a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it means that she should have been getting THREE TIMES as many defense procs as she actually has been. Frankly it's a really good thing she came with a built-in spare in Ulster, because this is some pretty serious stat screwage.

Ouch.

This is what comes to mind immediately after seeing this.

14 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Did you patch it on a mac, or did you patch it on PC and then send it to a Mac? The latter was what I was assuming I'd need to do.

Everything was accomplished on a 7 years old Macbook Pro, by someone who is a total novice at anything computer science.

And don't forget, if you want a less truer and less player-friendly Thracia experience, follow the instructions to apply the add-on that removes the preinstalled add-on that relocates "Wait" from the top to the bottom of the list.

Not sure if they made the FE3 repositioning patch preinstalled in a later version, or if there is a way to remove it. Or if the addition of the normally invisible and never once spoken of Critical Multiplier (which has a thousand names because it was never officially named), which has been made visible in the patch, can be concealed again. I'm 95% certain though you won't be able to the hitherto invisible growths boosts provided by each of the scrolls, which this patch has made seen.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And don't forget, if you want a less truer and less player-friendly Thracia experience, follow the instructions to apply the add-on that removes the preinstalled add-on that relocates "Wait" from the top to the bottom of the list.

Oh my god. I think I'm in love.

It's going to hurt so much if I decide to play without that just to give Thracia the appropriate amount of shit for its usability. Which I probably should.

Does it do the same to "Escape" so that in that chapter where you get Selfina, trying to attack while guarding the castle doesn't constantly put you at risk of instantly losing the game?

As for the patching working on Mac, I guess I'll try the patch again this weekend at any rate.

4 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Does it do the same to "Escape" so that in that chapter where you get Selfina, trying to attack while guarding the castle doesn't constantly put you at risk of instantly losing the game?

I don't recall Escape, I mean it is a very important command normally if you're moving a unit onto an Escape space. But I don't think I was trying to get Selphina to kill things as she defended the castle either.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't recall Escape, I mean it is a very important command normally if you're moving a unit onto an Escape space. But I don't think I was trying to get Selphina to kill things as she defended the castle either.

Does Escape have an "are you sure" prompt? I seem to remember it doesn't, and given the consequences of escaping on an escape+defend space or escaping too early with Leif, it probably should.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Does Escape have an "are you sure" prompt? I seem to remember it doesn't, and given the consequences of escaping on an escape+defend space or escaping too early with Leif, it probably should.

I don't recall one. And because of that, I was very paranoid about rechecking the unit lineup page again and again to make sure everyone but Leif had left the map.

Again I am a bit behind in my comments.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, Alastor15243 said:

Okay, so now comes the reveal that Altena is alive (obviously), and Arion tells her to go join the liberation army, and... now I'm super confused. Why is Arion saying he would call for a truce if not for Travant's final words to him... when Travant's final words to Arion WERE IMPLYING HE SHOULD CALL FOR A TRUCE?

I always took it as Arion being self destructive after he realized that his suggestion to call a truce with the liberation army convinced his father to commit suicide.

Yeah, that makes no sense, but what is interesting is that one of the villagers says that a Silesian knight who's “now among [us]” killed the father of a Grannvalian general who's coming in to provide reinforcements. That can only be Ced, Fee, or possibly Lewyn I suppose, depending on how far you stretch how well informed the villager is. It can't have happened in Gen 1 though, because there was nobody in that generation I had to kill with any specific character. Hopefully the general will clarify.

The reinforcements from Grannvale arrive, as promised, but no hint as to what that “you killed my father” thing is about. And actually, I just checked the script, and there's no hint that there's any follow-up to that whatsoever. Damn it.

The best hint the game gives is that the guy has minor Forseti holy blood, which implies he is a member of the Silessian royal family. My guess is they are blaming Lewyn for the killing of one of his rebellious uncles, and this guy is one of Lewyn's cousins.

And then I had the last three talks of the map: Seliph and Hannibal, Sharlow and Leylia (who don't realize they're related), and Julia and Seliph, which adds 3 to his already great (for a physical unit) resistance, bringing him up to 13.

Did you miss the Berserk staff event where Sharlow waits next to Hannibal?

11 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Also, I hate to say this, but gameplaywise Altena would have been much better off as Travant's daughter rather than Quan's. Gáe Bolg and Gungnir are identical except that Gungnir gives +10 to strength, defense and speed while Gáe Bolg gives +10 to strength, defense and skill. +10 speed is an objectively better stat bonus than +10 skill. But more importantly here, Travant and Arion had Nihil, which would have been super useful for a tanky flier.

At least she inherited the critical skill to make that +10 skill slightly more useful.

12 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

do stat rings not stack with each other in the same stat?

Rings with the same name don't stack.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Again I am a bit behind in my comments.

I always took it as Arion being self destructive after he realized that his suggestion to call a truce with the liberation army convinced his father to commit suicide.

The best hint the game gives is that the guy has minor Forseti holy blood, which implies he is a member of the Silessian royal family. My guess is they are blaming Lewyn for the killing of one of his rebellious uncles, and this guy is one of Lewyn's cousins.

Did you miss the Berserk staff event where Sharlow waits next to Hannibal?

At least she inherited the critical skill to make that +10 skill slightly more useful.

Rings with the same name don't stack.

I like this theory, but neither of Lewyn's uncles have Forseti blood. Although granted Hilda randomly changes to Dain holy blood in the final chapter, maybe that's an oversight. Although them oversighting it on two separate characters simultaneously seems unlikely. And I think they're on the official family chart sans holy blood.