Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Also they did say that Daein made a feint attack into Crimeia, right? They can't exactly ignore that in favor of a potential Begnion invasion. And once they're located at the border proceeding forward and eliminating the threat is wiser. I assume the reason for the feint attack from Daein was ordered from Begnion who specifically wanted to have Apostle Army and Daein slaughter themselves on each other to spare their own troops. Though a reference to Begnion crossing across into Crimeia on their border while the conflict with Daein going on would have been pretty great. It would have showed that despite Daein being on the back foot, Ike and co aren't doing too hot themselves in the larger scope of things and that taking out Micaiah quickly is a priority. Plus it would cost basically nothing to have a Begnion invade Crimeia at this stage given rocks fall and everyone dies anyway in the next chapter.

I think Geoffrey desperately defending Crimea from a Begnion invasion would be great.  

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think Geoffrey desperately defending Crimea from a Begnion invasion would be great.  

Actually coming to think of it, where is Geoffrey during this time? The other Crimean Knights are playable in this section, but he isn't. Nor is Elincia. Are they just chilling at a castle somewhere or are they present and just arbitrarily not playable like Tibarn? Damn they have the whole set up for a much more climactic conflict already here. We just need one reference to it happening and an arrival scene of Geoffrey and Elincia in part 4.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Actually coming to think of it, where is Geoffrey during this time? The other Crimean Knights are playable in this section, but he isn't. Nor is Elincia. Are they just chilling at a castle somewhere or are they present and just arbitrarily not playable like Tibarn? Damn they have the whole set up for a much more climactic conflict already here. We just need one reference to it happening and an arrival scene of Geoffrey and Elincia in part 4.

Elincia says at the end of chapter 3-13 that she ordered Geoffrey to watch over Crimea.

Spoiler

Elincia:
“I ordered Geoffrey to watch over Crimea, and came here to begin a search for Bastian.”

Radiant Dawn Day 33: Chapter 3-E

Alright motherfuckers, we've got a job to do today! I've gotta get Soren to fight Pelleas! That shouldn't be too hard now that Soren is a badass. But anyway, on to the actual story!

...So I'm looking at the map, and... where exactly does Sanaki's army plan to enter into Begnion from Daein? Is there some gap between those mountains and that massive lake that we can't see on the map?

Okay, so, by the sounds of it, Nailah wasn't aware of what a blood pact was before hearing about it from Micaiah, given that she expresses surprise that “a piece of parchment” is what's making them fight the Alliance. Given that Nailah seems to know a good deal, that seems to reduce the likelihood that the blood pact is a pre-flood invention.

Okay, now we're talking with Almedha, and yet again the game seems to be dealing with comically small population numbers. Apparently a blood pact curse that killed one thousand people, less than a fifth of the body count of the Kilvas blood pact curse, wiped out “nearly the entire royal family”. Less than a fifth of the death toll, and yet even more people directly connected to the king wound up dead. And remember, that's five times smaller than the death toll in a country that already would have had to be ridiculously small for this to make sense.

Okay, so, Almedha says “What's important is that, after killing his father, Ashnard was not cursed himself.” That implies that had the curse gone on further, he would have been. Granted, this is just what she believes, but narratively, since this is never contradicted, it feels like this confirms that for a third party like Ashnard in this “king and wise man” pact deal, possessing the contract doesn't grant you immunity to the curse like being one of the pacted people supposedly does. I saw theories mentioned to that effect, but this... does not make it sound like the writers had that in mind. It looks like Ashnard really was just a ridiculously ballsy, ridiculously lucky bastard.

Anyway, there's a pretty dumb line where Almedha confirms that she heard Ashnard talking about how he considered killing the wise man instead of the king, and yet she somehow “didn't know why” until Kurthnaga just flat-out told her that killing the other pact-maker was an option. Which also begs the question of how Kurthnaga knows so much about blood pacts.

So, Ena confirms and explains the existence of sending stones. Apparently only dragon laguz can use them, which means... I have no goddamned clue how Nasir was sending messages to Gallia in his capacity as a spy for the laguz. I get how he was sending messages to Daein, but not Gallia. Wait... no, herons can use it too, I remember that from the last time I played Part 4. That's the bullshit excuse they had for why the herons had to be split up. But it seems to only work with races that are already psychic, so... that still leaves cats and the other birds out as far as I can tell. Who was getting Nasir's spy messages in Gallia?

Really, they need to make these things a mainstay of the franchise. It gets rid of so much horseshit about messenger distances and times.

Oooooooh!

We're getting the Part 4 prep music early! Awesome! I love how somber this is.

Man, Rolf is really endearingly cute when he's with Shinon, though admittedly him fanboying about “that trick where you shoot them in the neck and then--” was... pretty creepy. But yeah, Shinon is at his best and most likable when he's with Rolf, and I really like this conversation here. It feels like the climax to a support chain.

Anyway, so, that's right, Mist can't use master crowns for some reason, she has to wait for part 4 if she wants to promote early, which... I was gonna say that “defeats the point of promoting her early”, but, well... I still had to BExp her a little to get her to level 10 now.

Alright, let's check out what we're dealing with here.

Jesus Christ is that a fuckton of units.

You know, it occurs to me, as I think about what's about to happen, how Prince Kurthnaga showing up in this battle triggers the “full continent war” condition...

...They could have easily let the blood pact make more sense by having it actually be Begnion's mages figuring out how to piggyback on the “magical coding” put into the world by the goddess in order to determine if the whole continent has gone to war. Some magic that recognizes people of great authority and their actions and intentions, and since Kurthnaga is a prince, he has a sufficient amount of this that him fighting is as good as his country declaring full scale war. And that magic that recognizes people of great authority and the bonds they have with their people is what the blood pact exploits.

Rather amusingly, Elincia and Lucia walk in just in time to be told to stay out of this, and leave without a fight as if that was the plan the whole time.

Looks like fighting Pelleas is gonna be a pain, depending on whether or not Nailah transforms first chance she gets, and whether or not Pelleas moves to attack. If I can get him to move and use Fenrir, great, that'll make it easy to trigger the battle. But if he's stationary and Nailah isn't... then they have the exact same attack range in the only direction I can approach them from by land.

Anyway, theatrically, this is a pretty cool map. See, the victory condition is a lie, and unlike the garbagefire that is Foreign Land and Sky, this game actually lies to you properly. They give you a win condition that you win before you get, and it's a realistic one too, so the map doesn't seem impossible before you figure out what's going on. Every time someone dies, ally or enemy, an ominous number keeps climbing up on the top right part of the screen, pulsing creepily with a heartbeat sound effect as things get more and more ominous and the “dark god's revival” steadily approaches. Meanwhile you've got two neutral armies, cat and bird, waging their own battles on the sidelines, sending that counter higher and higher, with no hope of stopping it. I love it. In terms of using gameplay to tell a story? I think this is the best chapter in Fire Emblem history.

Since getting Soren to the end quickly is a big part of this, and since he's still so good at fighting, I decided to slap paragon on him and have him solo this beginning part, at least until it gets to Zihark, who, possessing resolve (looks like putting that on him in case of emergency was a poor call), is gonna need my major big guns to take down.

Amusingly, I just saw a cat fail to double a fighter, and then I saw a tiger succeed at it. Man, cats are just too slow as NPCs.

Oh right, this is where the game reveals that Naesala is working for Sanaki now, and later it'll reveal it's in order to protect himself from the blood pact. I... do not remotely remember his explanation about how the fuck that works, but okay.

And now we get this utterly silent panning shot of Leanne collapsed, unconscious in the face of the overwhelming chaos of the medallion. Cool shot, but it just reminds me how idiotic Rafiel and Reyson are being for not being around that thing at all times while they know the medallion is in serious danger of boiling over.

Ulki manages to take down Zihark with a lucky adept proc (and a totally superfluous tear proc on the second attack), so we're golden, and Soren can keep pushing forward.

Oh shit, this is my last chance to take a bolting, isn't it? Okay, I can try with Mia and Heather once I clear out the rest of these guys, but the odds aren't looking good. I only need one charge, just one charge, and Soren will become an unstoppable beast in the dragon map thanks to his 20 strength, but once I get into his range the clock is ticking for how long until he uses it up. I've gotta take a big gamble and take these guys out with Soren ASAP.

Anyway, Micaiah walks off, which is great for us because she has the purge and the sleep staff.

Wait... hold on... how much strength does Heather have...?

...Yeah not even close. I'd have to do a bunch of resets with bonus experience and give her the energy drop to get it, and unfortunately I don't think it's worth it. Soren can kick plenty of ass on the dragon map even without bolting.

...Speaking of siege tomes though, I just put Soren in range of where Pelleas can attack if he moves, so we'll find out in a second exactly how fucked we are here.

...The answer is near completely. My only chance is to ferry Soren across the sea of trees to the east so that we can get in Pelleas's range from the other side.

...Aaaand Soren wound up dying while I tried to set that up, because I overextended him. Dang it. Alright, let's try again.

...Honestly, the sheer number of enemy units, and the fact that there are these AI battles between laguz on the sides, while they make it cool cinematically... it's a bitch and a half to replay the map and wade through this shit again. I'm glad I have my laptop handy by necessity so I can just do random shit while I wait for it to be my turn again.

Weirdly, counter-attacking somebody who has resolve doesn't cause resolve to trigger and let them get their second attack in. It's only when you attack them that the game gets a chance to calculate that they should get a second attack.

A cat that wandered astray from its group wound up killing Zihark, even though he had resolve activated.

...If I didn't know that cat was a guy, I'd say we've found Zihark's ex.

Alright, I finally got back to where I was before.

...Aaaand I'm probably gonna have to restart again because I'm just getting too close to the 80 kills that ends the map. But considering how long it took, I'm still gonna try.

...Yep, I failed. I managed to get to Pelleas's turn and confirm he uses siege tomes while stationary, but he attacked Haar, and then the counter finished. I need to get Soren in there, and then get Haar out, which means I need two turns free.

And all without Soren getting killed by brave axe Jill and the wyvern brigade.

I think I'll abuse the fact that Soren is 1-2 range by having Haar drop him off with a 1-range axe equipped. That should make Jill go for-

FUCK. JILL WON'T ATTACK HAAR.

Fuck, I guess I'll just lure in the wyvern brigade from the left side then, and then send Haar to drop Soren off immediately after.

Yeah, if I do that, then I can have someone other than Haar to bait Jill with, someone she'll use a hand axe on instead of a brave axe.

...Alright, I'm ready to try this. We've got a little over 60 kills on the map. If I can cut back on the number of kills I personally make by giving Oscar a weak weapon. I think we can manage it. Damn it, if only there were a way to rescue-drop Soren into Pelleas's range without leaving that person also in Pelleas's range. I could manage it if my team had the boots instead of Micaiah's, or if I had passed Celerity over to Ike's team.

Damn it, this is gonna be really down to the wire, even with my super-fast planning. We're at 68 kills now and I still have to wait for the green phase to be over.

...We're at 75. If 5 units die before Pelleas attacks, it's all over. I have no choice. I have to unequip Soren, Ike and Oscar and hope for the best.

Damn it! If only that blizzard had been on my team too! So many tools to make this easier were given to Micaiah!

Soren, Oscar and Ike are all unarmed. I have to hope for the best here. If Pelleas doesn't act in time...

NO! DAMN IT! IT HAPPENED AGAIN! TOO MANY OF THE GREEN UNITS DIED BECAUSE THEY'RE SITTING DUCKS WHEN UNTRANSFORMED!

AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THERE WAS A SPECK OF HOPE LEFT, NO! TURNS OUT I DON'T HAVE ANY SIEGE TOMES, BECAUSE CALILL USED THE LAST ONE UP DURING THE CRIMEAN ROYAL KNIGHTS CHAPTER!

...Ugh.

Okay.

I think I have a plan.

Instead of waiting for Pelleas to attack Soren...

...I'll go all out and have Soren attack Pelleas, then finish off the 80 kill counter on player phase. To do this I'll have to have people who can shove Soren, so I'll have to have Janaff and Ulki on standby to fly over to the right place... but I think I can manage it.

But to do that, I'm gonna have to do this all over again...

...And I'll be honest: I'm not keen to do that today. I've already spent like three hours on this map today.

Alright, will pick up again tomorrow.

Stay safe, everyone.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Oh shit, this is my last chance to take a bolting, isn't it? Okay, I can try with Mia and Heather once I clear out the rest of these guys, but the odds aren't looking good. I only need one charge, just one charge, and Soren will become an unstoppable beast in the dragon map thanks to his 20 strength, but once I get into his range the clock is ticking for how long until he uses it up. I've gotta take a big gamble and take these guys out with Soren ASAP.

Anyway, Micaiah walks off, which is great for us because she has the purge and the sleep staff.

Wait... hold on... how much strength does Heather have...?

...Yeah not even close. I'd have to do a bunch of resets with bonus experience and give her the energy drop to get it, and unfortunately I don't think it's worth it. Soren can kick plenty of ass on the dragon map even without bolting.

There is one more, but the unit with it has no other tomes, meaning you'd have to disarm and steal - which might be asking a lot at that point, since you'll likely get bogged down by enemies en route (to say nothing of the fact that you just might kill him instead).

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 9/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, Alastor15243 said:

BEATING IKE IS ACTUALLY AN OPTIONAL VICTORY CONDITION HERE!

Is that even possible? I mean maybe on easy mode, but, like, seriously? Maybe if you deliberately didn't train Ike at all, but...

Seeing as you've supposedly played this game before, I don't get how you're in such a state of disbelief over this.

19 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Seeing as you've supposedly played this game before, I don't get how you're in such a state of disbelief over this.

Because last time Ike fought these people, it was a comically one-sided curb stomp in Ike's favor except when Nolan had Tarvos and resolve (and he barely has any uses left of Tarvos). It just didn't sink in how much these guys had managed to improve since then.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Okay, so why is it so important that Soren fight Pelleas? Is that needed for some kind of secret ending or something? Because I don't remember ever having to try and attempt this.

I think it's to make

Spoiler

Lehran

Playable/For the good ending.

Just now, Benice said:

I think it's to make

Reveal hidden contents

Lehran

Playable/For the good ending.

Nope. That only requires deploying Burger King in 1-E and having Ike fight him in 3-7 (and both surviving).

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Nope. That only requires deploying Burger King in 1-E and having Ike fight him in 3-7 (and both surviving).

Huh. Okay, got no clue, then.

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Okay, so why is it so important that Soren fight Pelleas? Is that needed for some kind of secret ending or something? Because I don't remember ever having to try and attempt this.

According to SF, that and fighting Micaiah with Soren earlier are necessary to get the convo where Almedha finds out Soren is her real son.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

According to SF, that and fighting Micaiah with Soren earlier are necessary to get the convo where Almedha finds out Soren is her real son.

Ah. Suspected it might be that.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Frankly I am flabbergasted if they thought anyone would figure that out on their own.

Ditto. Aren't there other requirements though?

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, you also have to keep Pelleas alive (and Soren too obviously).

Didn't this also require transferring from a PoR file where Ike and Soren got an A support, or am I thinking of something else?

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Didn't this also require transferring from a PoR file where Ike and Soren got an A support, or am I thinking of something else?

I think that might just be a conversation you can get between Ike and Soren in the tower.

28 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think that might just be a conversation you can get between Ike and Soren in the tower.

27 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

According to SF, that is a wholly separate event.

Oh, right. That's rather cruel of the developers to make us go this far just for some exposition...

Radiant Dawn Day 34: Chapter 3-E, Take 2

Alright, I've got a much better plan this time, I think. Just gotta check the eastern sea of trees to make double sure it's possible. This would be so much easier if this game didn't have a weird system where fliers aren't allowed to end their turn on impassible terrain, but even with that restriction, I can do this, as long as the spacing works out like I remember.

...Yes, I can just barely do it.

Alright, here's the plan. At the beginning, we do everything exactly the same as last time. Kill the enemies in the way to the central lane with Soren, kill the thunder mages to the east with Haar, lure Jill's army over to the west with Ike and Oscar, and then fly Haar in to drop Soren off. Only difference this time is that we have two more people accompanying Haar: Reyson, and someone who can shove him. Haar will use his 9 move to go from the corner the thunder mages were in and move all the way through the sea of trees and one space more, dropping Soren off. Then somebody shoves a transformed Reyson into that spot Haar was just in, and moves just barely enough to completely cross the sea of trees as well and sing for Haar, who then rescues Reyson and brings him back, leaving Pelleas with absolutely nobody to attack but Soren. Soren will be stranded, but it shouldn't matter due to how little time we had before, and we can always finish off the counter ourselves.

Let's do this.

Yeah, everything's going pretty smoothly as usual. God, this is gonna be a ridiculously short entry if I only do one chapter, but the battle animations are taking such a long time that I'm certain I won't have time to do a double feature. But then again... there is a lot of dialogue at the end of this, so... maybe this is for the best.

Wow, that's cool. Zihark has a separate enemy quote for when a laguz fights him apparently, telling himself “This is for Daein... This is for our survival!”, fighting through the heartbreak of having to fight laguz.

By sheer luck I managed to find a rescue staff hidden on the ground, which reminds me I've completely forgotten to check for all of these hidden treasures.

...It occurs to me how badly I wished I had a rescue staff before I figured out a way to pull this off without it. Well, at least now I have a way to get Soren out of there if shit really hits the fan. But no matter. Everything's going according to plan. I've got everyone in position on turn 4. The wyvern army is about to move, and then Haar, Soren and Reyson will move in.

Alright. Here we go. 59 kills on the counter. Moving in...

SUCCESS! I checked beforehand that Reyson can be rescued, hence why I knew this would work, but I was still really worried I had missed something and was gonna have to do all of that over. Now we just have to wait.

Okay, so, weirdly, I just realized that the former members of Ike's army seem to know about the blood pact, yet the actual Dawn Brigade, judging by the info conversation with Nolan a chapter or two ago, does not. That's... you'd think it'd be the Dawn Brigade who would be the first to know, given how much shit they've been through together with Sothe and Micaiah. I mean I can imagine Zihark and Jill demanding an explanation once things start getting this nuts, but you'd think that'd be worthy of a scene or something.

YES! FUCKING FINALLY! I GOT THE TALK!

Alright, here it is, for your reading pleasure:

Soren: The new king of Daein, Pelleas. How convenient. I can end this farce right now. Surrender or die.

Pelleas: Who are you? That mark on your forehead... is it a mark of Spirit Protection?

Soren: No. It's something rather different.

Pelleas: But that shape... it looks so much like mine!

Soren: Is that so? You might be more powerful than you let on. Still, I doubt this changes anything. Prepare yourself, Pelleas.

Pelleas: But wait! There's so much that I want to ask you!

Mision accomplished. Now to keep everyone alive in their precarious situations until I can get around 10 more kills.

...And just to mock my pain, the battle doesn't end in the middle of the enemy phase, and Pelleas attacks Soren a second time, meaning that in this continuity I would have won even if I hadn't found that way to save that turn.

...And now it's up to me to make the last kill on player phase, so I do so, having Soren take out a general.

Anyway, yeah, once we reach 80 kills, we get a scene where Mist starts getting a huge headache due to the medallion's energy and she tells them they need to go to get the medallion immediately.

Reyson apparently collapsed offscreen, as did Rafiel, and Tibarn and Nailah brought them here.

And them Mist starts weakly singing.

...I can't tell if Mist knowing that the apostle needs to sing the galdr of release is a call-back to what she saw at the twisted tower in PoR, or some kind of idea Yune planted in her head.

...Yep. It's Yune's voice in her head. Which means she's technically being persuaded by the “dark god” to let her out. Imagine if that actually were a dark god. Wow, what a bit of manipulation there.

...Though in fairness it becomes clear that this is their only option whether they trust the voice's crazy advice or not.

Anyway, it's become obvious that the only reason any of this happened was because the herons thought it was a good idea to leave the medallion only attended by one of them. If they had all been keeping an eye on it before now, it sounds like they would have had time to put Yune back to sleep.

Apparently the Heron Queen Lillia “passed down the galdr of release” despite none of the people she taught it to being capable of singing it.

But yeah, they basically decide they're totally fucked and have nothing better to do than take a chance on the voice that's in Mist's head, so they get the apostle.

Amusingly, the singer for Sanaki sounds slightly older than the singer for Mist, despite that being ass backwards.

But it doesn't work, which is the start of Sanaki's story arc about slowly realizing she's not the real apostle. See, it needs not just melody, but also lyrics, and Micaiah comes in and just pulls the lyrics out of her ass thanks to some genetic memory. And then she sings them... and it works. Despite it supposedly only working for the apostle.

And apparently Micaiah sounding slightly older than she looks was a thing in the original Japanese version too, going by this unchanged singing voice.

And then we get a cinematic of Ashera waking up and being greeted by an unnamed Lehran, while this really creepy ambience plays.

Hahahahaha. Reyson's so barely-conscious that when he sees Naesala and calls him a traitor, this happens:

Reyson: Naesala? Why are you here? You betrayed us again, you dastard!

Naesala: I had my reasons. I know you'll never forgive me, but I at least want you to hear me out. But it can wait. Tibarn and I will work out our problems first. You go ahead and sleep now, alright?

Reyson: Very well... I'm glad to hear that... (passes out)

Anyway, now Yune is in Micaiah's body, and I fucking love Yune. She just has this really funny blunt way of talking that's also pretty cute. But then... we get the big cinematic of the judgment of god blasting down from the sky. And we get some not-terrible voice acting for a conversation between Ranulf and Skrimir.

...And then the nuke drops.

The entire world has been turned to stone. And there's this meh-voice-acted but still really creepy scene where Ike calls out for someone, anyone on a completely dead and silent battlefield.

...And then the chapter ends. Huh. I thought more happened before the beginning of Part 4.

Well... looks like Friday is gonna be pretty text-heavy.

...Fuck it, that didn't take very long, let's at least do the pre-base cutscenes for the beginning of Part 4 before we end.

So, everyone concludes that only the strongest people on earth managed to avoid being turned to stone, as well as everyone in the building with the medallion (hence why the herons and Mist survived). Honestly, it would've been cool if that included all the underleveled members of your army, everyone you haven't been training (unless they were in the tower of course; or branded, as we'll discover later).

Anyway, Yune then drops the bombshell that she's the supposed “dark god” inside the medallion, and that everything they've been told about the gods is a lie. Ashera and Yune aren't good and evil, but law and chaos respectively, and it was Ashera who turned the world to stone. Ike doesn't buy it and says he finds it more likely that Yune, the dark god, was the one who turned everyone to stone, not Ashera. Which prompts one of Yune's best lines:

Yune: You called me a dark god again! How would you like it if I called you a dark bag of organs? I don't want to talk to you anymore!

That's weird, I thought they said that Mist doesn't remember what happened after her headache on the battlefield, but now she's saying she remembers being told they have to use the galdr of release in the building.

Anyway, Yune exposits to Mist about the pact that their ancestors made and which they broke, and when Ike asks a clarification question about why waking Yune up with the galdr mattered, Yune just childishly ignores him because she's still mad.

Apparently Ashera's just decided she doesn't need to consult Yune before passing her judgment at least partially, and turned most of the people to stone. So now the new mission is to, with Yune's help, march to the Tower of Guidance and stop Ashera from destroying the world. Everyone's immediately on board for pretty understandable reasons, given what little choice they have.

Anyway... now Ike finally gets his tier 3 promotion, and becomes a vanguard. And now it's time for me to set up my three teams for Part 4.

...Damn it, I thought I'd have an opportunity to control inventory or skill management or something, but it looks like that's not possible. And most of the stuff I'd want to trade around is in the inventories of people who are fixed to certain teams, so I'm fucked either way.

Alright, I'm mostly going with the default teams, the main difference is that I've moved it so that Aran and Jill are in the Silver Army, and Nolan and Zihark are in the Hawk army, so that I've got one of my three major combat pairs in each group. Everything else I'm mostly keeping the same, even the weird decisions like putting Volug with Ike, and Lethe and Mordecai with Micaiah. Because I've got this sneaking feeling that there are reasons these characters are here for optional dialogue and the like.

So, Sothe finally realizes that that bird named Yune was in fact Yune, and... I've gotta know, do they ever explain how exactly she's been flying around as a bird while also being asleep in the medallion?

Hahaha, Ena hands out sending stones to the herons and says “fortunately for us, each heron has been assigned to a different team”, and in spite of it being completely out of character, I'm imagining her winking at the audience like some cheeky little shit, because that wasn't luck that made that happen.

Oh yeah, and now the worst part of the Black Knight's entire story arc happens now. Where Ranulf just reveals, in advance, that Zelgius is the Black Knight. Revealing it when the guy isn't even here is just... wooooow. Yeah, people hate this, and so do I. It would've been so much better if the reveal happened when he took off his helmet at the tower, and if they left little clues in advance somehow, like maybe scenes with him apart from the flashback one where he was talking with Sephiran. Scenes showing what he's up to during the march to the tower.

...That said, I've come to hate the twist of Zelgius being the Black Knight period, due to how it ruins cool shit about Zelgius's character, so... I think this would need significantly more changes than that to fix things.

Alright, now we're at Chapter 4-P, and that's where I'll stop for today. And look! It looks like we'll have exactly enough chapters left to finish on a Friday!

...After a total of 45 days. Wow, have I ever gotten my day counter that high before?

Well, regardless, this is where I leave you guys for today.

Stay safe, everyone!

7 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

After a total of 45 days. Wow, have I ever gotten my day counter that high before?

I wonder if it'll be Berwick or RD that takes the most updates. Berwick has about 49 maps, but some of the main missions ae absolutely brutal.

9 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

..Damn it, I thought I'd have an opportunity to control inventory or skill management or something, but it looks like that's not possible. And most of the stuff I'd want to trade around is in the inventories of people who are fixed to certain teams, so I'm fucked either way.

Pretty sure the convoy is shared , so it's not totally impossible to transfer items IIRC-It' just a tad difficult.

On 9/16/2020 at 7:54 PM, Alastor15243 said:

Because last time Ike fought these people, it was a comically one-sided curb stomp in Ike's favor except when Nolan had Tarvos and resolve (and he barely has any uses left of Tarvos). It just didn't sink in how much these guys had managed to improve since then.

Every time I play 3-7, I only get a handful of kills because I can't get to anyone due to the bloody water severely nerfing my movement. So that's hardly what I'd call a curb-stomp.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Every time I play 3-7, I only get a handful of kills because I can't get to anyone due to the bloody water severely nerfing my movement. So that's hardly what I'd call a curb-stomp.

Yeah, but the point is that Ike was nearly unkillable, with some of the Dawn Brigade sporting full 00-0-00 combat forecasts against him. I didn't like my odds on the other side after seeing those matchups. Especially since that was when he didn't have Ragnell.

My point was that you've played the game before and should know that killing Ike is an alternate way of winning. Your surprise comes across to me as being manufactured in order to inject some excitement in to this thread, rather than being genuine surprise.