Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Mission Complete! ...For now.

Alastor15243

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Possibly, although I would assume a more generic Ninja clans than Mokushu in particular, as there at least were other ninja kingdoms at one point (there might still be, but Fates lack of world building leaves that open to debate)

Yeah, you'd be referring to Kohga, the kingdom Mokushu destroyed that Shura wanted to rebuild.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well there's Velora and Selkie they could have pulled that with. In addition to them just outright letting you actively reproduce with outright children in Elise and Sakura.

but velouria and selkie wouldn't be first gen and therefore they really only have a kid with the avatar. they can't explore the "but look how YOUNG i look do you still want to MARRY ME and PUT A KID IN ME because I'D BE OKAY WITH THAT IF YOU ARE" angle as much.

elise and sakura are infuriating in this regard but still we are supposed to pretend like they are of legal age, so it's still not the same.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Can I please put this quote in my sig?

lmao of course!

On 1/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Alastor15243 said:

Awakening Day 17: Chapter 24

Okay, here's how it's going to go: I'm going to get to the final chapter today, and on Friday I'm gonna finish it (it'll only take 2 turns) and then make my ranking. So on Wednesday and Thursday, I'll do whatever two or three DLC chapters or paralogues were most requested the day before. I'll do as much as I can, but I want to be done with this game by the end of this week.

So, with that out of the way, let's...

...venture to Mount Prism.

...Which is a huge and sacred mountain...

...on the part of the continent...

...that used to be... the tiny, humble island nation of Talys.

...Fuck this game.

...Yeah oh my god this is way too fucking huge to be Talys. There's a fucking waterfall on the island and when you look off the cliff, while the back half of the view is obscured by mist and distance, there is sooooooooooooo much land below this mountain.

I know I'm very, VERY late, but as I just finished an Awakening playthrough and you made me pay attention to this detail, I decided to research more about it: while Talys probably joined the mainland mass north of Pyrathi, it is quite possible that the clash between the regions created a mountain range. I believe this true, since it would be no different than when the Indo-Australian plate collided with the Eurasian plate and the Himalayas were formed, for example. Who knew my knowledge of geography would pay off.

Anyway, since I finished Awakening I'm planning on getting into the Fates mood and playing Birthright now. On Lunatic. I accept any advice.

Edited by Maof06

On 12/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, Alastor15243 said:

latest?cb=20160527071749

world-map-full.jpg

@Maof06 Oh, Chapter 24 is in Talys alright. I don't see how it could possibly be anything else if this is claiming to be Archanea. 

As for advice, reclass Ryoma to a sword class with better defense as soon as you can, and get more 1-2 range units with good defenses too. Birthright late-game can get pretty intense from what I remember, and 1-2 range tanks are harder to come by in Birthright than in Conquest.

Edited by Alastor15243

34 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

@Maof06 Oh, Chapter 24 is in Talys alright. I don't see how it could possibly be anything else if this is claiming to be Archanea. 

Oh sorry. When I was rearranging my comment on the translator I ended up forgetting to change the order of the words. I fixed the comment now. What I meant was that it was probably Talys' clash with the continent that created Mt. Prism.

38 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

As for advice, reclass Ryoma to a sword class with better defense as soon as you can, and get more 1-2 range units with good defenses too. Birthright late-game can get pretty intense from what I remember, and 1-2 range tanks are harder to come by in Birthright than in Conquest.

Thanks. What boon / bane do you recommend? I was planning to choose +Mag so that Kana could be an efficient dragonstone user, but my avatar will not be as effective using Yato as a +Str avatar would be.

15 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Thanks. What boon / bane do you recommend? I was planning to choose +Mag so that Kana could be an efficient dragonstone user, but my avatar will not be as effective using Yato as a +Str avatar would be.

Personally, I'm fond of Robust/Clumsy, because Birthright is lacking in tanks (and in general).

19 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If you wanna go +Mag, going dark knight is probably a good way to get another strong 1-2 range unit.

20 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Oh sorry. When I was rearranging my comment on the translator I ended up forgetting to change the order of the words. I fixed the comment now. What I meant was that it was probably Talys' clash with the continent that created Mt. Prism.

Gotcha, no worries. But my objection isn't that Talys doesn't have any big mountains. That could change. My objection is that Talys isn't big enough for a mountain this freakishly huge to have grown on it without us being able to see the ocean when looking down from on top of it.

16 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I'm fond of Robust/Clumsy, because Birthright is lacking in tanks (and in general).

Sorry, but if I want shaky hit rates I'll play Binding Blade /s. I went with the usual +Spd/-Luck, then i'll switch to +Mag with Branch of Fate.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Sorry, but if I want shaky hit rates I'll play Binding Blade /s. I went with the usual +Spd/-Luck, then i'll switch to +Mag with Branch of Fate.

Eh, it's fine. My intent with that recommendation was more aiming for having a tanky unit that is actually dependable, which Rinkah fails at being in just about every conceivable way.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Eh, it's fine. My intent with that recommendation was more aiming for having a tanky unit that is actually dependable, which Rinkah fails at being in just about every conceivable way.

There are other options. Silas, Saizo, Ryoma reclassed to paladin is pretty good...

22 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

There are other options. Silas, Saizo, Ryoma reclassed to paladin is pretty good...

I don't know about you, but I tend to have poor luck with Silas, which pretty much takes Paladin Ryoma off the table as well, as he's the only way to get it that doesn't involve Corrin.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't know about you, but I tend to have poor luck with Silas, which pretty much takes Paladin Ryoma off the table as well, as he's the only way to get it that doesn't involve Corrin.

You can just make him Ryoma's guard stance partner if he hasn't worked out for you.

22 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is a tank really necessary in Birthright? What is the feasibility to make a -Def avatar?

Anyway, when I was playing through the prologue this caught me off-guard. Why do you have to do this, Fates?

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Is a tank really necessary in Birthright? What is the feasibility to make a -Def avatar?

Anyway, when I was playing through the prologue this caught me off-guard. Why do you have to do this, Fates?

Yes, if you don't want to tear your hair out. In case you haven't noticed already, most Hoshidans have poor defense, and evade is not nearly as reliable as it was in prior games.

23 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

You can just make him Ryoma's guard stance partner if he hasn't worked out for you.

I could, but that comes with the opportunity cost of not using a better unit in Silas's stead (which is not trivial since pair up was nerfed). Especially since by the time Ryoma comes along, Silas would likely have been benched already.

...Also, I will admit to @Jotari that he is right that I haven't played some of the FE games (in particular the Jugdral saga, which I consider to be the absolute weakest in terms of gameplay - something I consider a major turnoff, especially when they have almost no redeeming features to make up for it; about the only good thing about them I can think of is their story, but even that suffers when experiencing the story means I have to put up with godawful gameplay). Thing is, though, I'd much rather play a game I can actually have fun playing than force myself to slog through Genealogy or Thracia, as it's pretty much a certainty I'd get bored and drop them, as I hate being bored, and I also hate games that cannot so much as make a dent in my boredom.

Edited by Shadow Mir

i don't think any fire emblem game is entirely boring, for what it's worth. some do have more boring chapters/segments than others, but even then i'd not include thracia among them. that game is frustrating, not boring lol. i think those feelings are kind of mutually exclusive. revelation does manage the incredible gambit of alternating frustration and boredom, though (and some legit good chapters sprinkled in, for its credit).

On 1/23/2021 at 5:05 AM, Jotari said:

(personally I was always of the opinion that Mikoto should have actually been Sakura's mother to more solidly connect her to the Hoshidon royal family, as in canon she's basically someone who fucked the king for a week and then took his throne as soon as he died).

I'm super late to this discussion, but imo Mikoto should've been the mother of both Takumi and Sakura as well as Corrin. Takumi is very close with Mikoto, never mentions Ikona while Hinoka is the one who reminds us that Ikona exists. Only reason they didn't have the younger two be Mikoto's kids is so that the player could bang them.

So after kinda getting side-tracked with SiN and Kane and Lynch 2's MP actually having a small revival that I joined in on, I finally did chapter 2 of Fates prologue.

I don't think it was said but is any wonder Corrin can't fight well with a sword that's absurdly large? I picked the Tall Corrin and was kinda amazed at how the sword is massively oversized, it's no wonder they can't train well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZpTTrkG8h74OafMyJ8hMFfP1vRYW_go/view?usp=sharing

I do kinda like how Corrin actually already has 70 EXP, it's for tutorial purposes but it does make it come across like they've actually been training.

Edited by Samz707

Speaking of Corrin, was it ever mentioned yet that the Yato looks nothing like a katana despite being classified as one by the game? Only the Blazing Yato comes anywhere near looking like one.

5 hours ago, Axie said:

i don't think any fire emblem game is entirely boring, for what it's worth. some do have more boring chapters/segments than others, but even then i'd not include thracia among them. that game is frustrating, not boring lol. i think those feelings are kind of mutually exclusive. revelation does manage the incredible gambit of alternating frustration and boredom, though (and some legit good chapters sprinkled in, for its credit).

Given that Binding Blade exists, I cannot agree with this. Also, I do think it is possible for a game to be both frustrating and boring.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of Corrin, was it ever mentioned yet that the Yato looks nothing like a katana despite being classified as one by the game? Only the Blazing Yato comes anywhere near looking like one.

Given that Binding Blade exists, I cannot agree with this. Also, I do think it is possible for a game to be both frustrating and boring.

Yeah it can, I like binding but those late-game chapters with hordes of Wyvern spawns are frustrating and boring and it's why my playthrough is currently on hold til' I get the will to spend hours on a chapter baiting out Wyvern spawns.

Revelation Day 11: Chapter 16

Thanks so much for the arena shields! I'll be making sure everyone on my visitor's list has one today!

Also, I got up to 802 battle points! That's a bolt axe! Just 198 more before I start doing some battles against my readers!

Nephenee and I just made Rosemary, so that's the third person I've gotten a bond unit with and the fourth bond unit overall. Not that it remotely matters, I won't be using any of them, just thought I'd keep you guys posted!

And after forcing my way through an absolute maze of invisible hitboxes, trying to figure out which obstacles I could pass through to get to the throne of someone named Fuko who had blocked off all the bridges with statues... I give her the arena shield and them promptly remember about the stairway-tunnels on the sides and realize I can just use those.

BenP and I make Cassie, who's just... BenP with weird markings on her face.

But anyway, with that out of the way, I'm gonna hurry up and get to the map. We've got a mandatory two-parter today, because this chapter doesn't let you save between chapters. Now, given that this is Fates, a game that's really well-geared towards ironmanning to begin with, I've never been bothered by the deal with this chapter and the endgame chapters. I mean it's not like the chapters have any supremely nasty surprises forcing you to redo an entire chapter because they're assholes. I can see how it would piss off other people, but for me personally, it's just never bothered me, and I've found it an interesting challenge.

That being said, it puts more pressure on me today, so I'll just read this support between Dakota and Elise and get on this right away.

Yep, this is Elise having noncombatant angst, just like Reyson in Path of Radiance, where she's developed a complex about how useful she is just because she isn't directly involved in combat, undervaluing her own contributions as a vitally-important support unit. But it's cute that Dakota offers to help her train.

Actually, one thing before I go: I just did more forging, and... honestly, I think the forging system in this game is a serious missed opportunity. It's really, really boring. Basically you just fuse two items together to give it a stat boost, repeating this process up to like 7 times. But in order to forge a +2, you have to forge two +1s and then fuse them together, etc etc. And you need the gemstone type that corresponds to the weapon type for each stage of the process.

This is so lame because apart from renaming, there's no customization! Really, I think it should've been more like this: gems don't determine the type of weapon you can boost, but instead the bonuses you can apply to it. Instead of needing different gems for swords, axes, lances, tomes, daggers and bows, you'd need different gems for might, hit, crit, evade, crit evade and “weight”, or something like that. That'd give you much more ability to customize your weapons and have fun with them.

But yeah, I've taken half an hour already, let's get going. I had Jakob whip up some macaroni for us and I bought some tonics from the shop just in case I need some emergency stat boosts for the next chapter when I can't buy them.

Anyway, we get a map scene of Ryoma and Scarlet coming in to save the day at Shirasagi Castle, and...

And now Ryoma's extolling the virtues of my apparent leadership qualities, and... hahaha, of all the avatars, I believe that with Corrin the second to least. At least it's not as bad as Byleth, but...

Though I do find it interesting that Ryoma's been questioning his own character ever since Dakota was captured as a child, worried that he didn't fight as hard as he could have to get Dakota back because he's worried part of him was petty and didn't want Dakota around outshining him. It's... an interesting concept, though obviously it goes nowhere.

Okay, so, Ryoma opening up about his jealousy and feelings was interesting because I really genuinely got the impression this is the first time he's talked about it.

...But when Hinoka talks about her origin story as a fighter due to wanting to get Dakota back, like, there's no way the people present haven't heard this story a million times.

...So they call this the “lava fields”, but it's more like... an underground pocket of gas that's constantly leaking up to the surface like a stovetop. It's an interesting concept, but kind of a cheap effect, and of course, it's playing into the gimmick of this map, a bunch of walls of fire you can turn on and off. This would be cool... if this were Conquest. But I have no confidence in how this game will handle it.

That said, I will say... by sheer virtue of being part of Fates, I actually openly question how low on the list Rev can possibly go, especially since the parts of the game that are worse than the other two games... aren't actually worse enough. Like, I know I've shat on this game's gameplay, but... by this point it's a hell of a lot more engaging than numerous other games in the series I could name.

Yeah, I actually have a weird affection for Setsuna, even though I've basically never used her. I like her personality, this sort of weird fusion of kuudere and airhead. Obviously she's no good here either because she's level 11, but yeah, I like her character from what little I've seen. Also her voice acting is endearing.

But more importantly, we've got Ryoma. He's not as good as Xander in my eyes, but he's still really good. I don't know if I ever properly explained this, but 1-2 range is harder to come by in this game. Only tomes and shuriken normally provide it unconditionally. Javelins and the like don't let you crit or proc or double and they make you more vulnerable to being doubled, and magic weapons require you to have a C weapon rank and good magic, don't let you crit or activate procs, and also reduce your evade by a good amount (generally the way better deal between the two though). Having a sword that not only allows unconditional physical 1-2 range and boosts your strength by 4 as long as it's in your inventory is enough to make Ryoma amazing on his own. But he also has pretty good bases, great growths, and a great personal skill with an absurdly easy activation requirement: it gives him +2 attack and defense in battle and +10 crit as long as his pair up partner is an equal or lower level than him. Yeah I'm gonna be making heavy use of him from now on.

...Okay this is weird... I could've sworn you got to walk over the flame walls when they subsided, but... no, they seem to still be impassable!

...Oh, it's like with fliers and lava tiles in Awakening. You can walk over them, you just can't end your turn on them.

Alright, let's do this.

Ah yes, and now we get the ultimate map theme from Birthright: Alight. I love the “storm” version, but I think the calm version needed a bit more punch, a slightly stronger sense of rhythm and beat, in order to really properly transition into storm. It's hard to describe beyond that, I just feel the calm version is a bit too weak.

Our new units up north are pretty self-sufficient, with their own juggernaut and healer, so we'll let them deal with their enemies while my army deals with its own.

Okay, now things are starting to pick up. This map has a ton of enemies turning aggressive right from the start. I'm not too scared for my main army, but Ryoma's gonna be pulling a lot of weight, and I'm relying pretty heavily on them not being attacked from two sides. So Ryoma's army is gonna be slowly retreating to the southwest where my army is.

...Damn it, so I remembered correctly. The flames do change on their own. Well, at this rate nearly half the map is devoid of enemies, so having most of the walls come down isn't that huge of a deal.

I've got the army united. There's a heck of a lot of enemies still chasing Ryoma that have now caught up to us, but with the whole army together, I think we should be fine.

Man, I've been getting crazy luck with Keaton's luck-based resource-collecting personal skill. I've been getting resources left and right. Almost makes me think it's a really good skill, especially when playing offline.

All the walls of fire just went up, and that actually helps out a lot. It'll let us isolate the enemies into smaller chunks that my heavy hitters can more easily fight without enemies getting in the way.

...Alright, now that the aggressive enemies are out of the way, the rest of this is really trivial.

...There are more enemies left, but these fire walls are annoying and I'm not made of time today. I'm just gonna kill Hans with Keaton now. It's absurdly easy because they have him equip, by default, his tomahawk, which is exclusively ranged in this game, because like I said, this game has a crazy idea of how badly the stronger weapons need to be balanced.

And now... of course...

...It's time.

Day 11 Bonus: Chapter 17

Right, let's keep moving.

...This is getting kinda crazy. While it's nowhere near as crazy as the stat inflation on Awakening Lunatic, the enemy stats are boosted so much that every single unpromoted enemy on this entire map has either capped strength or capped magic.

Deployment slots are getting really restricting, so I wind up ditching Sakura for the map (Elise is still behind her in levels anyway and I need her to catch up) and bringing Camilla and Felicia instead. Felicia's sat out a couple of battles recently, and that's a problem because her KOing potential was iffy to begin with. So I give her my three spirit dusts to give her a better chance of getting in some galeforce kills in emergencies.

I'm not too concerned. I've got Mozu, I've got Ryoma, and soon I'm gonna get Xander too.

I am worried about the siege weapons though. Not “worried” worried, just... okay, these things always annoy me. Having to take unavoidable damage while you're not even fighting is just something that sets me on edge for some reason, and I really don't like it. Advance Wars maps with missile silos or flat-damage CO powers/map gimmicks tend to be my least favorite maps for this reason.

So yeah, end of first turn, tons of reinforcements show up... for both the enemy and for us.

Yeah, this is when they reveal that yes, Xander is planning on helping Dakota.

Leo says “You have the devil's own luck” yet again, and I have to start wondering at this point what sort of role “the devil” plays in Nohrian mythology, given... fuck, I don't think religion is even mentioned in this game. It's mentioned in Awakening, but I don't think I've seen anyone, even the monks and priestesses, talk about religion here.

And “A Dark Fall” plays, which... is weird to hear as a “victorious” theme. It's always struck me as really fitting the endgame of Conquest, which...

...Oh jeez, we'll cover that later.

But anyway, the cavalry that show up would be scary, except that Keaton has 28 defense and can one-round the entire upper batch of cavaliers and paladins with ease. Meanwhile everyone else retreats and Xander makes use of Azura's singing to use two of the three speedwings in one turn. Speed is one of Xander's two glaring flaws, and it's the easiest to fix.

Ah yes, Mozu just got the pretty cool skill clarity, which if I remember correctly doubles debuff recovery per turn.

Yep, now the retainers arrive, and all but one of them will be used extensively (or at least I'll try to) in Conquest, so I think I'll hold off on introducing them until then. I will say, however, that yet again the balancing on their stats is ridiculous. Laslow and Peri are just barely workable. Odin, much like Nyx, can't survive so much as a single hit against any physical enemy on this map. Neither can Niles I'm pretty sure. The game just seems to really want you to use the whole royal family, which I think you can just barely do with all the deployment slots you get. At any rate, however, I don't need them. I've got more than enough great units at this point. Though getting Laslow up to speed would be nice for reasons that will become apparent in Conquest, so... let's see if I get an opportunity tomorrow.

...Oh yes. I just realized how much DLC I have access to. I think I can make Laslow work.

I think I can make him amazing.

Yeah, not much to say here, just slowly working my way through the enemy, with Xander, Keaton and Felicia to the east and everyone else to the west.

Felicia is turning out to be obscenely valuable against generals. With calamity gate she can rip straight through them and still do another attack!

Neither Leo, nor Xander, nor even Dakota has any unique dialogue with Iago, which is... profoundly disappointing.

And now the battle is over, and Xander and Ryoma meet as allies for the first time.

It's interesting that you can clearly see Xander is a few inches taller than Ryoma when they show the handshake CG. Funny, I kinda always thought of them as the same height.

...Alright, I've got an hour and a half left to finish up and proofread. That should be plenty of time. Let's check out the supports! I think we've finally gotten some marriages!

Mozu and Hinata... this is simultaneously less cringey than I was expecting and also just an amazing demonstration of just how quickly relationships in Fire Emblem go from 0 to 100. They haven't even gone out on a single date yet! They've just been hanging out as friends! And now Hinata's asking her to marry him because her advice about observing people to get a sense of what they're like caused him to have a love epiphany about her.

...And now...

...oh sweet MERCIFUL JESUS...

...it's the child system.

People who have not played this game... I ask you to brace yourself.

...Now...

Gamplaywise... I mostly adore this.

...But holy shit if it isn't the outright laziest and dumbest integration of the concept into the story that I have ever fucking seen. It manages to simultaneously be incredibly contrived and stupid... and also a cast-wide character-assassination worthy of character-Jaffar.

I am going to repeat what the game tells me. Verbatim. Because otherwise, unless you've seen this, you are not going to believe that the game expects you to accept this as reasonable.

I'm snorting and chuckling to myself the entire time just typing this. This is the crown fucking jewel of Fates' terrible writing.

The bond between this pair grew stronger still... a union that soon proved fruitful. The castle that everyone called home was no safe place for infants. Where could newborns be hidden in such dangerous times? The answer was the Deeprealms – tiny realms strewn across the astral plane. This solution wasn't without its complications, however. Time in the Deeprealms passed far more quickly. In the blink of an eye, babies grew into children. Soon after, to adulthood! Parents would deal with this dizzying pace of maturity in their own ways. But they could rest assured that children would be safe... for a time.”

...Yes.

...Yes, you heard that right.

The cast all unilaterally decide that the best thing to do with their children is not to keep them safely in a well-guarded part of their fucking magic castle in the middle of a private pocket dimension...

...But to throw them into a bunch of alternate dimensions they literally just heard about, realms that clearly still have danger around every corner, and force the children to grow up where they're lucky to see their parents for even a single percent of their lives because of the wonky time stream.

You wanna know the worst, the dumbest part though?

Not only does every single character in the cast get turned into such a shitty parent that they force their children to grow up while barely ever getting to see their parents...

...but if they have a sibling... they put that sibling in a completely different and separate isolated hyperbolic time dimension.

YEAH!

NO SHIT!

When you have sibling characters, you don't just go to one sibling's paralogue and then Kana or Shigure is written into it so you can get them both at once...

...You do one paralogue for the first in one area... and you do a completely separate paralogue for the other in another area.

I...

I...

...I am long past the point where I have energy left to get angry at this game. The only emotional response I have left is to just laugh. Laugh at the catastrophic failure to make anything make even an iota of sense. And thank goodness for that, because if I couldn't laugh at this game, the sheer agony this story could inflict on me would be a massive obstacle with enjoying Fates.

...Fuck it, let's just do the rest of the supports.

Keaton and Effie are kinda cute together honestly. I think I'm gonna have fun with this pairing. I like how Keaton weirdly gets to play the straight man here despite how wacky he is. I guess that's just a consequence of having a cast that's all completely insane.

And Keaton got a support with Azura too! ...Wow, uh... Azura's emotional deadness... Keaton's being weird, but the things he's uncovering about Azura's behavior are kind of alarming. She almost seems dead inside. Actually, this seems to be going way too far in what she won't react to. We don't see her react like this at any other time.

Alright, Ryoma and Camilla. This... okay, seeing these two characters struggle to think up topics of conversation was worth a chuckle at least. They have basically nothing in common between them except their ties to Dakota. Still... I'm not looking forward to more of this.

Leo and Niles' set looks interesting. Pity I won't likely get the chance to see the rest.

Ah yes, and Xander and Laslow's support. I can sum up my principle grievance with this fucking thing thusly:

Xander has two retainers.

One is a sleazy and insufferable flirt who has managed to annoy half the female population he has ever come into contact with.

The other is a profoundly mentally unstable literal serial killer who will actively threaten or even outright attempt murder on your own allies given the right circumstances.

Guess which one has a support chain revolving around getting punished by their boss.

Yeah, this is the thing about Inigo/Laslow. Even though I find him rather distasteful... my irritation at him is massively tempered by the sheer shit he has to put up with from a narrative that seems to think he deserves way worse than he actually does.

Peri actively takes pleasure in snuffing out human life and sees absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to murder servants (hers or the avatar's) when they piss her off by doing a bad job, and her support with Xander is all about him telling her she has nothing to be ashamed of if other people think she's weird. Laslow flirts with married women and gets into a non-lethal bar brawl to impress the barmaid, and he spends an entire support chain under house arrest.

Niles tries to proposition a female avatar for half-naked oil wrestling, and she's just like “can we just talk? I'd love to just talk to you”. Laslow invites a female avatar out for tea and she looks at him like he's the scum of the earth.

...Hell, in one timeline in Awakening, this man has been raped under threat of cannibalism, and the story at bare minimum thinks this is funny. More likely it thinks this is karmic justice.

And then we have his fucking daughter, who... fuck, I'm going to recruit her eventually, if not here then in Conquest, so I'll talk about her then.

I am annoyed by Laslow. The writers seem to hate him. They seem to single him out for loathing from the rest of the army and the universe despite a ready supply of characters who have done much worse.

...And that's it for today. Alright. Two chapters is more than enough. Let's call it here.

Tomorrow I expect to recruit Mozu and Hinata's son.

Stay safe, everyone!

8 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

One is a sleazy and insufferable flirt who has managed to annoy half the female population he has ever come into contact with.

The other is a profoundly mentally unstable literal serial killer who will actively threaten or even outright attempt murder on your own allies given the right circumstances.

Guess which one has a support chain revolving around getting punished by their boss.

Yeah, this is the thing about Inigo/Laslow. Even though I find him rather distasteful... my irritation at him is massively tempered by the sheer shit he has to put up with from a narrative that seems to think he deserves way worse than he actually does.

Peri actively takes pleasure in snuffing out human life and sees absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to murder servants (hers or the avatar's) when they piss her off by doing a bad job, and her support with Xander is all about him telling her she has nothing to be ashamed of if other people think she's weird. Laslow flirts with married women and gets into a non-lethal bar brawl to impress the barmaid, and he spends an entire support chain under house arrest.

Niles tries to proposition a female avatar for half-naked oil wrestling, and she's just like “can we just talk? I'd love to just talk to you”. Laslow invites a female avatar out for tea and she looks at him like he's the scum of the earth.

...Hell, in one timeline in Awakening, this man has been raped under threat of cannibalism, and the story at bare minimum thinks this is funny. More likely it thinks this is karmic justice.

And then we have his fucking daughter, who... fuck, I'm going to recruit her eventually, if not here then in Conquest, so I'll talk about her then.

I am annoyed by Laslow. The writers seem to hate him. They seem to single him out for loathing from the rest of the army and the universe despite a ready supply of characters who have done much worse.

...And that's it for today. Alright. Two chapters is more than enough. Let's call it here.

Tomorrow I expect to recruit Mozu and Hinata's son.

Stay safe, everyone!

God this is like Awakening thinking Chrom needs to learn a contrived dumb moral all over again. 

Remember, men are evil but women can do no wrong, apparently.

Like if there was an FE spin-off, where the entire gimmick is that it's not at all serious and you're playing as exaggerated villains, maybe Peri could have worked there but it seems entirely wrong here. 

Remember, if someone wants to take a POW? they're evil but murdering maids on the regular is okay!

I can only imagine how Fates would treat Sylvain.

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Ah yes, and Xander and Laslow's support. I can sum up my principle grievance with this fucking thing thusly:

Xander has two retainers.

Guess the writers simply wanted him to retain his butt monkey status.