Alastor15243

Alastor plays and ranks the whole series! Now Playing: Sacred Stones!

We're at a crossroads!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What game should I do next?

• Tearring Saga
    • Path of Radiance

Oh shit. I just realized.

Arthur.

Joshua.

Kyle.

Natasha.

Moulder.

Knoll.

Colm.

That's 7 deaths. I am getting way closer to the "half the chapter number" limit for my ironman than I am remotely comfortable with.

Re: Sacred Stone's budget, bear in mind they were making Path of Radiance, their first real attempt at a 3D game, simultaneously. So it is possible that Sacred Stones actually had a relatively small budget compared to the other GBA games.

Just now, Jotari said:

Re: Sacred Stone's budget, bear in mind they were making Path of Radiance, their first real attempt at a 3D game, simultaneously. So it is possible that Sacred Stones actually had a relatively small budget compared to the other GBA games.

Yeah, Interdimensional Observer brought that up a few posts back.

12 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, Interdimensional Observer brought that up a few posts back.

I have since read and noticed how basic and unoriginal my thought process is. It happened to me with that Innes spy network comment on the last chapter too. Curse you people reading things faster than I do!

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I have since read and noticed how basic and unoriginal my thought process is. It happened to me with that Innes spy network comment on the last chapter too. Curse you people reading things faster than I do!

Don't sell yourself short, your feedback is always appreciated here!

Anyway...

...The further I get into this marathon, the more the minor details from the earliest games in the series start to slip from my mind. That has caused me to be increasingly concerned that the the rankings are going to become less accurate as time goes on. So I'm thinking what I'm going to do... is binge my own thread over the weekend. Try to read what I wrote about some of the earlier games in the marathon to make sure I'm not forgetting anything crucial when ranking these.

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Honestly though, speaking of Lyon's teleportation... that raises... questions, shall we say.

He has the rewarp staff. It all makes since, and he just loans it to Riev.

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Well. Serves me right for running my mouth about this chapter's difficulty, I suppose.

Oh yeah, those promoted magic guys at the end can screw you up.

Rip Knoll, the dark magic user so bad, I was about to call him the worst shaman in GBA games before I remembered Sophia exists.

Rip Colm, the fastest support in just about all of FE. 

Edited by Hello72207

1 hour ago, Hello72207 said:

He has the rewarp staff. It all makes since, and he just loans it to Riev.

Oh yeah, those promoted magic guys at the end can screw you up.

Rip Knoll, the dark magic user so bad, I was about to call him the worst shaman in GBA games before I remembered Sophia exists.

Rip Colm, the fastest support in just about all of FE. 

Despite criticisms of how basic the maps are in this game, I think this is the most lethal run so far in this marathon. The true difficulty in The Sacred Stones is it's lack of difficulty. It breeds complacency. 

Edited by Jotari

4 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

He has the rewarp staff. It all makes since, and he just loans it to riev.

I mean shit like "why can't he teleport into the sacred stones chamber?" or "why can't he teleport to our camp while we're sleeping?"