Sacred Weapon Analysis

Vitezen

With so many of these available, and some of them requiring some planning and training to acquire and use properly, I thought a thread like this would be helpful to determine whether or not these unique weapons are powerful enough to warrant the effort required to use them effectively.

The first chart below is a list of the weapons and who can use them. It also includes whether the skill required is a strength (blue), weakness (red), or neither (black). Skills with an asterisk next to them are budding talents.

Spoiler

relics1.png.8f8440bb47d820514baec41803242368.png

The following chart describes the stats of the relics, and also includes my guess at a standard weapon that is comparable to it. This should help to estimate how powerful the relics are compared to their more common counterparts, and if the difference is worth it.

Spoiler

relics2.png.decdadbb7356c3a5c8e9ebefdc1c0916.png

I hope this thread can be useful for people who want to see, at a glance, what the relics are, how good they are, and if it's worth trying to use them. What do you all think are the best relics? Do you plan to use them all, or just a select few, or maybe even none?

When comparing weapons, you should probably do so based on their upgraded counterparts.

For example, Brave Bow+ has 11 mt, 80 hit, and 12 weight, which means that statistically it only loses to the Inexhaustible by 1 point of weight. This is especially true since all but the brave weapons on your list have purchasable crafting materials, so they should basically always be upgraded as long as you have the cash to do so.

Also there should be a distinction made between relic weapons and saints weapons. Relic weapons are gold, and will damage any non-crest wielder by 10 every time they use it. On the other hand, saints weapons are silver, and do not have an HP penalty associated with using them.

Edited by Silly

20 hours ago, MasterSlayerX said:

I got a question .so I am currently on new game plus and I have a bunch of crests . Are any of these crests shared with any of the gold weapons? And if user has it on them when using the weapon does the user still take damage ?

I tested this with the Failnaught (Claude's Relic Weapon), Lorenz (Bears the Minor Crest of Gloucester), Ignatz (Bears no crest), the Star Dragon Sign (Bestows the Crest of Riegan, Claude's crest), and the Craft Dragon Sign (Bestows the crest of Gloucester, Lorenz's crest)

Note that the Signs do not have to be equipped, just in the character's inventory.

Here is what I found:

- Claude can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art without the Star Dragon Sign.

- Lorenz can use the Failnaught without taking damage but cannot use the Fallen Star combat art without the Star Dragon Sign.

- Lorenz can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the the Star Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught but will take damage after combat and cannot use the Fallen Star combat art when he doesn't have the Star Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught without taking damage but cannot use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the Craft Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the the Star Dragon Sign.

So basically having any crest protects you from the damage after combat, having the proper crest allows you to use the unique combat art, and having a crest sign in your inventory functions the same as having the crest naturally.

This is actually really cool and allows you to do some unique stuff. Marianne for example gets the Blutgang, a sword, as her Relic weapon but the player might not have trained her to use swords, especially with her rather low physical stats (base 5 and 20% growth for strength and base 4 and 15% growth in defense). With this, the player could use a sign that grants Marianne's Crest to someone like Ignatz who fits well into the assassin class and then he could use the Blutgang without any penalties, combat art included.

19 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

I tested this with the Failnaught (Claude's Relic Weapon), Lorenz (Bears the Minor Crest of Gloucester), Ignatz (Bears no crest), the Star Dragon Sign (Bestows the Crest of Riegan, Claude's crest), and the Craft Dragon Sign (Bestows the crest of Gloucester, Lorenz's crest)

Note that the Signs do not have to be equipped, just in the character's inventory.

Here is what I found:

- Claude can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art without the Star Dragon Sign.

- Lorenz can use the Failnaught without taking damage but cannot use the Fallen Star combat art without the Star Dragon Sign.

- Lorenz can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the the Star Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught but will take damage after combat and cannot use the Fallen Star combat art when he doesn't have the Star Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught without taking damage but cannot use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the Craft Dragon Sign.

- Ignatz can use the Failnaught without taking damage and use the Fallen Star combat art if he has the the Star Dragon Sign.

So basically having any crest protects you from the damage after combat, having the proper crest allows you to use the unique combat art, and having a crest sign in your inventory functions the same as having the crest naturally.

This is actually really cool and allows you to do some unique stuff. Marianne for example gets the Blutgang, a sword, as her Relic weapon but the player might not have trained her to use swords, especially with her rather low physical stats (base 5 and 20% growth for strength and base 4 and 15% growth in defense). With this, the player could use a sign that grants Marianne's Crest to someone like Ignatz who fits well into the assassin class and then he could use the Blutgang without any penalties, combat art included.

This is really cool to hear thanks for doing the research on the new game plus crests . I am planning on making the MU focus on different weapons on each play though and my latest one I planned on playing female MU and making them a falcon knight eventually so I thought of using spears to take advantage of the training needed in spears for the class .  It’s also gonna help with runs after with characters who lack crests 

Edited by MasterSlayerX

14 hours ago, Popers1328 said:

Here is what I found:

Blutgang is a magic-based weapon and only needs E rank proficiency(as with other Hero Relics), so she’s still the best user for it since she doesn’t need any Crest Sign.

5 hours ago, singularity said:

Blutgang is a magic-based weapon and only needs E rank proficiency(as with other Hero Relics), so she’s still the best user for it since she doesn’t need any Crest Sign.

My Dorothea dancer is a nice user of Blutgang with sword dance combat art. Would be better with a crest stone.

Blutgang is very good on mage dancers. I made my Marianne a dancer, and I was surprised to find it was a really good fit.

While lysithea and Dorothea have access to higher damage spells, those who don’t but still have really good magic can really get a lot out of it.

When comparing divine weapons to brave weapons, there’s a bit of a range.

For axes, Amyr and Freikugel have such high might, they can definitely be superior in most situations, depending on enemy defenses. 

Similarly, Lance of Ruin, Lance of Zoltan, Gradivus (extra range)

Bows and swords on the other hand...