FE4 - Optimal Inventory? (Ch 5)

pepsi

Hi again! After a good amount of effort I've finally made it to chapter 5, which I'm also aware is like the "last call" to get everything ready for the second generation. As such, I was wondering what are some items I could move around to be the best for my second gen?

My pairings are

- Ayra/Noishe

- Lachesis/Beowulf

- Sylvia/Claude (hopefully will finish this chapter)

- Azel/Tailtiu

- Lewyn/Fury

- Brigid/Dew (also will hopefully and probably finish)

- Midir/Aideen

And, from looking through the forums here, my general idea for the rings is:

Speed - Sigurd

Power - Sigurd

Magic - Azel/Lewyn

Skill - Beowulf/Ayra

Shield - Tailtiu/Lewyn 

Barrier - Sigurd

Paragon - everyone

Return - Quan

Leg - Sylvia/Sigurd

Life - Sigurd/healer/dancer

Prayer - any second gen

Pursuit - Ethlyn

Should I change any of these rings around? And what items should I give everyone? Thanks!

it all depends if you prefer balanced units, or stacked ones.

in case of stacked ones:

Speed - Sigurd: helpful, but not really needed. Ayra/Fury would profit more from it.

Power - Sigurd: helpful, but not really needed. Beowulf would profit more from it.

Magic - Azel/Lewyn: both of them are good choices, however it would be wiser to let Azel have it, since Arthur joins way earlier than Sety(chapter 6) and will overall profit more from it.

Skill - Beowulf/Ayra: since Lakche/Skasaha will have Noish as father, the Skill ring should stay on either Ayra or even better Noish. that will help Lakche/Skasaha with critical hits, although Astra procs is really all they'll ever need to obliterate enemies.

Shield - Tailtiu/Lewyn: not needed at all, better give it to mobile tanks such as Delmud(Beowulf).

Barrier - Sigurd: very helpful, especially when stacked with his Crusader weapon. Fury/Fee can also profit from it.

Paragon - everyone: Seliph would be the main choice in order to get his mount earlier, followed by Leaf.

Return - Quan: not needed at all, it would have been better on healers such as Adean or Lachesis.

Leg - Sylvia/Sigurd: both are good choices, but i would say leave it on Sigurd until Seliph gets his horse, then you can sell it to Leen.

Life - Sigurd/healer/dancer: characters that will eventually get Prayer(Evasion boost) do not work well with Life, same goes for those with Ambush(Vantage). better give it to warriors/tanks. Seliph can also get an extra Life ring by doing a secret event.

Prayer - any second gen: Lakche, Sety and/or Shanan+Balmung can break the game with Prayer.

Pursuit - Ethlyn: better give it to someone who have a Hero(Brave) weapon but does not have Pursuit, or any other offensive unit that lacks Pursuit. both Leaf/Altenna will get Pursuit eventually regardless of having the Pursuit ring.

also, i'll leave this here to give some more infos. it would be better if you check it once you complete the game, unless you don't mind having 2nd gen units spoiled:

Spoiler