Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Nyanmajo

My history with Fire Emblem is a bit different, and not as simple and ideal as playing one game then loving the series.  Infact it's quite the opposite, Fire Emblem is something I put off for many years in my life. 

I've been aware of the series since Smash Bros Melee was new.  I remember being told about the super famicom fire emblem games from my sibiling and looking them up.  I even dabbled in Playing a little bit of Fire Emblem Gaiden in the early 00s, using a very incomplete english patch.  And I didn't play a ton of it, but I really liked Gaiden, was especially good for my first Fire Emblem game.  I liked how the maps were small, the music was catchy and they allowed for endless grinding.  Basically my big thing with fire emblem was being intimidated by the series.  I did love FFT as a kid, but on my playthrough I lost a lot of important NPCs.. and missed out on a lot of side quests.  so when I learned that Fire Emblem is all about perma death, and basically no grinding.. I knew I wasn't ready.  Even though I enjoy strategy RPGs, I knew if I bought the games on my GBA as a kid, I'd likely end up being so frustrated.. losing my units, having to restart the game often..etc..

But Fire Emblem was sort of always on my mind.  I always had friends really big into it ever since the western releases.  For one I went to the official Golden Sun Realm forums (phpBB ) , which was basically, like half the people there loved Fire Emblem.  Then after that I had friends who loved the GCN/wii games, and people would always talk about how they were disappointed with Shadow Dragon.  But with FE awakening.. when that game came out, I heard that they made FE easy, and that you can finally grind as much as you like.  Once I learned this, it made me feel immediately that I wanted to play all the older FE games.  

And well, it's been a while since awakening came out, I did manage to finish a few older games (and enjoy them a lot) but I have a lot more games to go! I sorta been on a break from FE, since I feel like each game is a giant undertaking.  there's so many things to consider and I don't like to miss out on stuff, so I do refer to guides and try to plan my playthroughs.  Currently I decided to play three houses.. even though the older me would have wanted to beat every other FE game before starting it, I figure it would be cool to actually play an FE game like, when it's brand new.  And as easy as it is, it's more of an undertaking than I thought since.. I want to optimize everything.

Anyway, that's me, not a true hardcore FE fan by any means.  but someone who does like the series, and will eventually beat them all.  Not someone great at strategizing though, just like to get through them, and maybe max out some stuff if I can.

Welcome to the Forest, Nyanmajo!

17 hours ago, Nyanmajo said:

And as easy as it is, it's more of an undertaking than I thought since.. I want to optimize everything.

Ah yes. The optimization frenzy. I know of it too well.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Also, Sacred Stones might just be right in your alley if you like optimizing and grinding.