This game is way too easy

mykle

On 8/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, mykle said:

Raphael can eat magic attacks no problem (fortress)

Err, how? My Dedue is a Fortress Knight as well, but in the most recent Blue Lions chapter I played (17 or 18 maybe?) he was taking 40x2 magical damage from enemy mages...or rather, he would have if I left him in their range. Raphael and Dedue have the exact same terrible res growth so did you just get extremely lucky or something?

*laughs in lategame siege weapons out the anus*

14 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

Err, how? My Dedue is a Fortress Knight as well, but in the most recent Blue Lions chapter I played (17 or 18 maybe?) he was taking 40x2 magical damage from enemy mages...or rather, he would have if I left him in their range. Raphael and Dedue have the exact same terrible res growth so did you just get extremely lucky or something?

How the heck did you get Dedue to join you after the time skip? In my playthrough, he apparently died during it and never came back.
I had Gilbert to fill the void he left, though, so it was alright. But yes, their resistance is so terrible, Mages will eat them both for breakfast.

Fates conquest is the perfect example of a well made lunatic mode. The enemies don't have absurd stats. Instead it is enemy placement, skills on the units, and unique map challenges that make it difficult. That is what I want from any lunatic mode. Sadly, I doubt we shall get that for this game since conquest was made from the ground up to be challenging.

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Better it be "too easy" than too difficult any day.

Same here, the lategame in Three Houses can be pretty challenging as it is, what with the siege weapons out the wazoo and multiple boss-level monsters while you have only limited gambit uses. Also Assassins and Swordmasters that double everyone and their mothers.

I don't need any BS like staff-wielding Sorcerers who can't wield staves normally, Inevitable End or Ninja Hell. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Same here, the lategame in Three Houses can be pretty challenging as it is, what with the siege weapons out the wazoo and multiple boss-level monsters while you have only limited gambit uses. Also Assassins and Swordmasters that double everyone and their mothers.

I don't need any BS like staff-wielding Sorcerers who can't wield staves normally, Inevitable End or Ninja Hell. 

Or everyone's favorites, Hawkeye, Luna+, Aegis+, and Pavise+.

Or Counter.

Everyone loves that skill.

27 minutes ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

Or Counter.

Yes, I loved Counter in Fates as well for Conquest Hard where every enemy sniper had counter. 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How the heck did you get Dedue to join you after the time skip? In my playthrough, he apparently died during it and never came back.
I had Gilbert to fill the void he left, though, so it was alright. But yes, their resistance is so terrible, Mages will eat them both for breakfast.

Spoiler

He showed up in chapter 16 during the mission. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to happen in every BL playthrough...are you sure you didn't get his character killed pre-time skip?

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Spoiler

From what I've heard/done, you need to have beaten Dimitri/Dedue's pre-timeskip paralogue and beat the enemy leader in a certain time limit so that they owe Dedue a favor. If that happens, then Dedue is rescued when he goes to sacrifice himself in Dimitri's place. If not, then he's officially killed.

8 hours ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

Or Counter.

Yes. Best skill in the world, don't ya know? Especially when nearly every enemy has it! And they suicide on you, making you kill yourself. Even better with ambush spawns, because that's good game design isn't it? Yes, it is!

8 hours ago, Sproutling said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He showed up in chapter 16 during the mission. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to happen in every BL playthrough...are you sure you didn't get his character killed pre-time skip?

6 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From what I've heard/done, you need to have beaten Dimitri/Dedue's pre-timeskip paralogue and beat the enemy leader in a certain time limit so that they owe Dedue a favor. If that happens, then Dedue is rescued when he goes to sacrifice himself in Dimitri's place. If not, then he's officially killed.

That's what it was. I didn't do the paralogue (I didn't have the time to do it on my first playthrough), that's why he died. I thought Dedue is meant to die, because it makes sense as the cause for Dimitri going of the deepest end. Also, Gilbert joined and I thought he was meant to replace Dedue. Oh well. Now I at least have a reason to play the Blue Lions path again.

If you need a fortress knight to eat magic attack Hilda’s pretty good for it . It’s not amazingly high magic def but seems higher than the other fortress knights unless I got lucky on my res . The other advantage would be her speed where a lot of magics won’t double her so she can take a few magic attacks