a Link between 3H, PoR/RD, FE Aw, and FE E-SoV (spoilers for a bunch of games)

:SPOILERS AHEAD: 

-ye be warned-

So a reoccurring theme within Fire Emblem is the existence of Brands/Crests.

marks and symbols of incredible power given to humans as gifts from the gods.

Such power is often misused and is what starts the stories within the games.

In 3H, it is revealed that blood experiments were successfully done on Lysithea and Edelgard, to artificially place another crest into a person.

this surge of power shocks the body so much that both subjects have their hair turn white.

Robin as a default has white hair and it was also revealed that he was the result of years of research to become the perfect vessel for grimes resurrection.

3H tells us that Rhea tries the same thing with Byleth and is why he is blank and seemingly cold.

And personally I don’t think it’s coincidence that Rhea, Cethlean, Cichol, Byleth and Sothis have similar hair colors to Mila, Duma, Nowi, Tiki, and Naga.

the gods are either all related or the same race.

This is a possible link I have discovered. So don’t take it as fact, but I am open to hear any other information to prove or disprove this little theory. 

So how does PoR/RD supposedly fit in to all of this? You never once mentioned them in the text of your post, despite mentioning them in the title.

Also, this should be in one of the Fire Emblem forums, not Serious Discussion.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So how does PoR/RD supposedly fit in to all of this? You never once mentioned them in the text of your post, despite mentioning them in the title.

i think he's referring to the branded ones, who bear """crests""" according to which laguz blood they have in their veins

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i think he's referring to the branded ones, who bear """crests""" according to which laguz blood they have in their veins

That's a very flimsy "link" between the games, if so.

26 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

That's a very flimsy "link" between the games, if so.

it is, but i think that's the only thing he could be referring to

Holy mother of all wrong subforums.  And to everyone else that posted in here, report this for being in the wrong subforum.

Oh, and the title needs to be tweaked, so I'll get to that.

• eclipse changed the title to a Link between 3H, PoR/RD, FE Aw, and FE E-SoV (spoilers for a bunch of games)

Something personally tells me that involving Robin is a large stretch. Considering that in Awakening's content itself, Robin is never visually displayed in cutscenes and is easily customizable. No official artwork of Robin exists from Awakening itself and it's only after their inclusion in Smash that they became more officially associated with their default appearances. Even at that, Validar stated that it was more along the lines of careful planning to ensure that Robin was born with the capacity to be Grima's vessel.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, Yexin said:

Building on this, it's incredibly flimsy since every Branded has a Laguz and Beorc parent or ancestor in their heritage. Even then, that's kinda awkward since it seems to be relatively uncommon knowledge on Tellius of how easy it could potentially be to create a Branded. Ashnard had no idea but several people seem to have otherwise known what it meant. At the very least it seemed to be information held by libraries as those well studied enough seem to have grasped the information.

The only real connection I can think of is brands connecting to sacred relics in Three Houses but in Tellius, the only Branded with any special abilities is Micaiah who seems to have genetically inherited the Heron's ability to to heal those around them.

If anything, the Crest and Weapon connection is probably best served by Chrom and Lucina in Awakening since we know they have Brands and the ability to wield Falchion. That being said, wouldn't the Crest/Weapon connection be much more realistically calling back to Genealogy and Thracia where the characters having Major Holy Blood were able to use the respective Holy Weapons associated with them? (Haven't had much experience with FE4 and FE5 so I'm hoping some experts will pick up the slack I left here.)

All in all, I think that the listed "direct connections" to other games are merely references at best.

While Fire Emblem as a franchise can be referential to itself, I do think that there is an easy way to tell was universe a game is in - that being the Fire Emblem itself.

In the main universe (Geneology & Thracia -> Shadow Dragon -> Shadows of Valentia -> New Mystery -> Awakening), the Fire Emblem is the binding shield. Each of the other universe's have their own separate one (like Lehran's medallion, Grado's sacred stone, and Byleth's Crest of Flames).

41 minutes ago, Etheus said:

While Fire Emblem as a franchise can be referential to itself, I do think that there is an easy way to tell was universe a game is in - that being the Fire Emblem itself.

In the main universe (Geneology & Thracia -> Shadow Dragon -> Shadows of Valentia -> New Mystery -> Awakening), the Fire Emblem is the binding shield. Each of the other universe's have their own separate one (like Lehran's medallion, Grado's sacred stone, and Byleth's Crest of Flames).

Whilst true, Awakening and Fates established the worlds connecting through the Outrealm Gates. It wouldn't be too farfetched to assume that events that Chrom is able to reference in Awakening's DLC, like who each of the important legendary heroes are, stems from his education and that characters that travelled in their established endings, such as Ike, may simply have helped to establish these historical events that Chrom learned about through simple information sharing. So with that in mind, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that every Fire Emblem is perhaps related to the others in some way. At the very least, it'd be possible to bring them together.
Who knows? Pretty soon we might end up with a character that serves as the Fire Emblem. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

Of course it's merely an idea on what may be the case but you never really know how some things may be explained away later on.

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

Whilst true, Awakening and Fates established the worlds connecting through the Outrealm Gates. It wouldn't be too farfetched to assume that events that Chrom is able to reference in Awakening's DLC, like who each of the important legendary heroes are, stems from his education and that characters that travelled in their established endings, such as Ike, may simply have helped to establish these historical events that Chrom learned about through simple information sharing. So with that in mind, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that every Fire Emblem is perhaps related to the others in some way. At the very least, it'd be possible to bring them together.
Who knows? Pretty soon we might end up with a character that serves as the Fire Emblem. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

Of course it's merely an idea on what may be the case but you never really know how some things may be explained away later on.

Awakening's self-referential nonsense wreaks havoc on a bunch of canon, so it would probably be best to ignore it. Nowi's existence comes to mind. I think that Intsys just really likes the idea of mixed human/mythical being hybrids a lot, so you end up with things like holy blood, Sophia and possibly Roy, the branded, flat out half-animal or half-dragon hybrids, and the crests as a function of that. It's not really such a big deal. 

Also, doesn't Byleth function as the fire emblem already?

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Awakening's self-referential nonsense wreaks havoc on a bunch of canon, so it would probably be best to ignore it. Nowi's existence comes to mind. I think that Intsys just really likes the idea of mixed human/mythical being hybrids a lot, so you end up with things like holy blood, Sophia and possibly Roy, the branded, flat out half-animal or half-dragon hybrids, and the crests as a function of that. It's not really such a big deal.

True enough, but I doubt they'd say that it's non-canon at this point.

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Also, doesn't Byleth function as the fire emblem already?

I mean technically? But isn't that more of the crest itself?