So who else is planning to unlock all the supports? ;)

I know I am, and I'm planning several runs to do it. I'm still pre-time skip on my first run, but that's another issue lol. I was wondering if anyone playing this game more than I can had found a good way to go about unlocking all the supports. I'm playing normal mode for the free (and I think unlimited?) battles so I could grind supports easier, but worried about just how easy that will make things (and the game is already pretty easy). I was thinking I'd keep a seperate file just to grind supports on, save, and unlock them that way, but with the time skip in this one I don't think it will work out as I hope. 

Anywho,  just wondering if anyone else had some ideas on to go about it, or how you are going about it, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by bookwormbabe29
I don't spell good

I suppose it depends on your definition of all supports.

If by all you mean including the supports from both genders of Byleth, then no. I have no intention of playing as Female Byleth. Now, as far as all supports with just Male Byleth go, I might. I'll have to force myself to use Manuella and Hanneman to do so.

This is a looong game but I see myself doing all 4 routes and I'm currently in my second.

I will work towards getting all supports but I miss a few ones from students not in the same house by the end. 

I see myself doing what I did for Awakening and collect every non-S support for the male avatar.

Having to do all S supports sucks unless it's like Fates where you can view it and reset to before you viewed the support but it still counts it in the support library.

The first game took me 40 hours to complete trying to enjoy the exploration. Its at times like this I am glad I am not a completionist. I'll take the 4 playthroughs and wait for DLC to launch in future before playing again. The multiple playthroughs for only that goal  of supports will be a slog. I'll take reading or watching vids of it. Or just save it for when I return to this game in future.

Edited by Vorena

The support conversations are really good so far, so I'm trying to unlock even more. Still, getting 100% of them might be too much.

How much are the Byleth supports different in male and female version btw?

7 hours ago, Vaieti said:

This will require beating a final map 43 times (20 S support male byleth 23 female) but I am down for it in a very long session on what i’ll find the fastest map.

Even more full playthroughs if you want to unlock them for use in NG+ since that apparently doesn't pull supports from your global save file.

6 hours ago, Nihilem said:

All supports? Ok that would mean that you have to play the game once for all Byleth S supports. As you can only choose one per playthrough. Thats quite a lot of hours.

Make a safe file before choosing the S support and go from there. Thet should work, shouldn't it? Still a lot of hours, considering M/F Byleth and not being able to recruit house leaders but seems managable. I'll try but >100hrs in I'm not even finished with my second playthrough 😅 

I think finishing whichever route has an S support with Rhea should be saved for last.  On my first run I could only get her to C rank and it's probably going to take atleast 4 more playthroughs to marry all the lords + Rhea.

9 hours ago, kremelover said:

I think finishing whichever route has an S support with Rhea should be saved for last.  On my first run I could only get her to C rank and it's probably going to take atleast 4 more playthroughs to marry all the lords + Rhea.

I'm only on my first NG+ file and I've already unlocked Rhea's S-support. Just bombard her with presents and have your up one of your skills every chance you get and you're good. Choosing the "correct" dialogue options helps.

I don't really care about Byleth Supports (they're generally inferior to other character supports), and clearly not enough to do both M and F Byleth.

But I do plan to eventually get all the other possible supports eventually.

Here's a little list for cross-house supports. Luckily it doesn't involve Hubert and Dedue. Use it as your checklist if you want.

Eagles/Lions

Ferdinand - Mercedes
Linhardt - Annette
Caspar - Ashe, Annette
Bernadetta - Felix, Sylvain, Ingrid
Dorothea - Felix, Sylvain, Ingrid
Petra - Ashe

Eagles/Deer

Edelgard - Lysithea
Ferdinand - Lorenz, Marianne, Hilda
Linhardt - Lysithea, Marianne
Caspar - Raphael, Hilda
Bernadetta - Raphael, Leonie
Dorothea - Lorenz
Petra - Ignatz

Lions/Deer

Dimitri - Marianne, Raphael
Claude - Annette, Ingrid
Felix - Lysithea, Leonie
Ashe - Marianne
Sylvain - Lorenz, Lysithea, Marianne, Hilda, Leonie
Mercedes - Lorenz, Ignatz, Hilda
Annette - Lysithea, Hilda
Ingrid - Raphael, Ignatz

So can you get multiple S-ranks but then finalise one at the end? I just S-ranked Catherine without realising what it was, I thought it was her A-rank, yet the other eligible characters have the S by their names still. Normally it'd remove the S or grey it out IIRC. 

That's my goal with my current (second) playthrough. I'm recruiting every single student and trying to get all supports except for the other two lords/their retainers, which I'll save for a couple of speedruns I guess.

I just like being able to go back and watch them whenever I want.

I was planning to get all I could on my first run, but apparently I missed out on getting B with Rhea, and I'm curious if there was anyone else I waited too long for. Little disappointed but I've still got the other routes to try again.