My biggest complaint: no Endless Mode

I just finished Black Eagles yesterday, and I've been loving this game, but I gotta say, no post-game endless mode sucks. I was hoping that I could still access my units after beating the final boss, and maybe I would get infinite school time to just play around with, but all you can do with a cleared file is New Game+... Surely I'm not the only one? Hopefully one of the DLC adds this.

I'm nearing the end of my first run, Golden Deer, and that just sounds really disappointing. They had postgame in the recent previous games: Fates, Shadows of Valentia, and Awakening so it really surprises me that they opted to not include it here. I kind of hoped that there would be things to do post-game: DLC, monastery activities, raising supports, and skirmishes, maybe even a post-game dungeon like SoV had. I hope post-game playability is added in a free update

Edited by Arcphoenix

I have never been much for endgame content personally. I prefer to journey from start to finish and an endgame sandbox is not much fun. FE is not an action game, so there is little fun in just completing maps where you might rout stuff with overpowered units. I would prefer expanded story content with progression.

I also miss a postgame sandbox, especially in the style of Shadows of Valentia (Thabes Labyrinth) or Sacred Stones (Creature Campaign). The Awakening DLC Challenge Maps were also fun to mess around with as well.

When I filled out one of those Nintendo Game Survey things, I left feedback saying I would have loved a post-game section. There's the DLC and free updates planned for Three Houses, so there may be hope yet.

But before I properly delve into thinking about postgame, I need to finish all the routes first...

Point of no returns apparently were common in FE games for a while until Awakening. Really unfortunate that they decided to bring this back, especially since you are able to grind in Normal mode. Hope that DLC maps rectify this by being available no matter what.

I sorta wish there was some kinda postgame challenge and endless Monestary free play even a unique scramble-like paralouge involving the Avatar and your chosen spouse based on each unique ending. Even at least rewatching the entire ending yeah definitely sucks they went back to this....I hope something from the season pass can fix this....

Although I really enjoyed the post-game content in previous FE games I don't mind the lack thereof in Three Houses. The way the game is constructed lends itself to multiple NG+ runs. Just gimme an easy way to farm renown (like the exp/gold DLC in the 3DS games, for example make it a free battle option) and we're golden. That would keep me occupied for several hundred hours just trying different builds.  

19 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I really hope that they add endless endgame, they have 5 save slots for a reason.

Three/Four possible route. The game is based on replaying multiple time to get everything, instead of post-game.

23 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

Three/Four possible route. The game is based on replaying multiple time to get everything, instead of post-game.

It feels kinda sad when after replaying to get everything, you can't actually access the file you got everything on after playing, though. Like, what's the point if it just becomes a clear time on the slot with the words "CLEAR DATA" on it? I can't go back to look at my units and fool around with them after spending so long. That's the biggest issue for me.

As someone who finds post game stuff kinda anti climactic, I'm kinda confused its popular enough that it being missing is "worst thing" for some people.

Like, post game content in all fire emblem games has just been fighting repeatedly on generic maps generic enemies and grinding without any plot, it doesn't really feel fun to me

23 minutes ago, MaskedMaskoftheMasks said:

As someone who finds post game stuff kinda anti climactic, I'm kinda confused its popular enough that it being missing is "worst thing" for some people.

Like, post game content in all fire emblem games has just been fighting repeatedly on generic maps generic enemies and grinding without any plot, it doesn't really feel fun to me

I think it's nice to have all your hardwork immortalized. I love going back to my first Fates' save files and just perusing it all, looking at the units I've built up. 

Endless mode is nice because you have an Endgame testbed for stuff.

Right now it's not that interesting for me but at the latest once we get lunatic I really would want to have access to my units in endgame beyond the story.