Datamined Lunatic+Infernal Information

I didn't see a topic about this, but if somebody already brought it up then feel free to remove this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmgwTOxkp-I&t=0s

According to the GameXplain video, lunatic will feature bosses moving and enemies having more skills (ie: thieves having pass).

Infernal seems to feature all the enemies at level 99 with super high stats, and we don't know much else at the moment.

It looks like the higher difficulty will, in general, require people to check info on enemies more often, while infernal will be only feasibly playable on NG+.

This actually sounds like a great way of handling Lunatic. You're not giving the enemies MORE tools than you have, but you're putting them on (mostly)equal footing.

Infernal just sounds like a game mode for people with too much time on their hands.

Edited by Slumber

Infernal seems pretty dumb but someone's gonna try and LTC it.

Lunatic seems great so far, I loved Conquest!Lunatic earlygame for its use of skills. (Lategame was, how do you say, stupid as all hell.)

2 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

So, on Lunatic, do you expect the AI to retreat like they did in SoV?

I hope they do implement that. It would be more interesting with 3H's map design, which, while not stellar, definitely has enemy formations as such. It would make player phase a lot more viable combat-wise, I think. 

extra skills + modified AI behavior is already a good start! I do hope it will also feature more enemy units on the map, replaced early units into superior classes, and probably higher weapon proficiency skills + max level batalions. Maybe also further limit the grinding and Divine pulse usage...

As for inferno, while it's too early to tell as it's clearly unfinished, maybe it will have a unique quirk of making both enemy and player to have maxed out level and stats (kinda like Heroes which expect you to optimize everything in order to even stand a chance in inferno/abyssal difficulty).

Lunatic does sound interesting . Wonder if it getting released later as they may be planning things like additional or even infinite reandforcements like 1 or 2 stages do already ? Maybe more gambits usage too ?

Infernal I can imagine being a new game plus only difficulty . Prehaps the bonuses to choosing it is it keeps all your stats , levels , class masteries, professor level , ranking in skills and such from the previous run . It would still be very difficult regardless as you’d only be probably 30-50 if you been doing all the extras and enemies would be 99. But I could not see how a level 1 would be able to even hit level 99 enemies let alone survive 1 hit if their stats are almost maxed 

27 minutes ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

Huh, so if stats go over 50 the bar refills in a gold color.

Huh.

Yep . This means some of the enemies stats could go as high as 99. 99 is the max charisma that Byleth can get so I imagine they can put it on most other stats 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure the Infernal stats are just place-holders. Highest difficulty or not, there's no way you're facing Lv.99 enemies that early on.

Unless they add more new game+ options, like "carry over character levels" and they expect you to start with teams that already finished the game before.

I mean, they included distinct stat caps for everyone that you can't get remotely near in a regular playthrough. At some point in development they had plans for those caps to be relevant.

20 minutes ago, Kunan said:

Unless they add more new game+ options, like "carry over character levels" and they expect you to start with teams that already finished the game before.

I mean, they included distinct stat caps for everyone that you can't get remotely near in a regular playthrough. At some point in development they had plans for those caps to be relevant.

It could also depend on what the grinding DLC is like. Awakening's allowed you to reach stat caps easily.

I really don't think the Death Knight will actually move once lunatic gets released. And I highly doubt infernal will be like that.

There's a real lack of consideration that stuff in a datamine might not be exactly how things end up in the release.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

I really don't think the Death Knight will actually move once lunatic gets released. And I highly doubt infernal will be like that.

There's a real lack of consideration that stuff in a datamine might not be exactly how things end up in the release.

Yeah, the Infernal thing seems like it's a placeholder deal. Games put unbeatable/very difficult enemies in places where they don't want people to be often. Usually in the cases or pirating or, in the modern age of gaming, when a game/mode hasn't been released yet and developers are trying to discourage people. That lines up with this, and the more you think about it, the less putting capped stat enemy at the start of a campaign doesn't make much sense. It'd also just make the game horrendously slow.

As for the Death Knight moving, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a turn limit associated with it compared to the main boss. Or he might target anyone in his range ala the Black Knight in PoR.

Edited by Slumber

I doubt they will let the death knight move ( he only talks and move when you attack him) .   What’s more likely to happen in lunatic apart from stronger enemies is more reandforcement spawns or even infinite reandforcement till certain people are killed . They may make a condition when the player goes a certain point the death knight will start giving chase but considering he’s a pretty high movement class I can’t see that unless they dismount him for example so he goes at a slower more player pace . 

I still think inferno mode could indeed be a thing but only for new game plus . They could easily have it so players keep levels , classes , ranks and such (only exception maybe dancer so you can’t have 2 dancers and break the game OR dancers can’t dance for each other ) they could make starting enemies start at level 50 and go up. To 99 by end of the story that way and it would explain why the game would have very high stat caps like byleths 99 charisma cap . Could retain all the other feature they add for lunatic too 

12 hours ago, Brave Lance said:

I didn't see a topic about this, but if somebody Infernal seems to feature all the enemies at level 99 with super high stats, and we don't know much else at the moment.

this sounds so much fun

btw, lunatic seems interesting, i hope it'll come soon

I just want to say the thought of assassins with pass, huge speed, and silver swords to be a huge pain in the butt in future. They even ignore forested terrain. Its like that fox map (lv 18?) from Fates Conquest. 

Have it be the exact same game, but you play as Manuela or Hanneman instead. So no turnwheel, no creator sword, no recruiting anyone. Your starting house is chosen at random. Byleth exists, but he's constantly trying to steal your students so the challenge is to keep them happy enough to not defect. If you really mess up, you might end up only being able to field yourself plus Claude.