Jump to content
Alastor15243

Weapon tier list?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I don't agree with that at all. The class balance is terrible in Three Houses. Its flyer emblem because flyers for some odd reason have the best growths.

I was thinking more in terms of units, not classes. I can only think of one obvious problem unit in 3H - that being Raphael - while Fates has way more. Aside from the ones I already mentioned, damn near all the mages come to mind, as well as Setsuna, Mozu, the samurai besides Ryoma, etc. And this isn't even getting into Revelation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

I was thinking more in terms of units, not classes. I can only think of one obvious problem unit in 3H - that being Raphael - while Fates has way more. Aside from the ones I already mentioned, damn near all the mages come to mind, as well as Setsuna, Mozu, the samurai besides Ryoma, etc. And this isn't even getting into Revelation.

Doesn't Three Houses' version of Mozu/Donnel have aptitude as his personal skill, but his growths are so terrible that they barely break even when aptitude is added, making him just a mediocre underleveled unit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Doesn't Three Houses' version of Mozu/Donnel have aptitude as his personal skill, but his growths are so terrible that they barely break even when aptitude is added, making him just a mediocre underleveled unit?

Yeah. That said, I'd say he's still better than Raphael despite that (owing to Raphael's crippling overspecialization - ergo, he's got good HP and Strength, and decent Defense, but he dump stats everything else for this, resulting in something that feels REALLY GBA Fighter-esque).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I know what you mean. I love the story of Three Houses but the gameplay is SO much better in Conquest. Just take the class system, its far more interesting in Fates with a lot of diverse builds and methods of beating the game. We shall see what lunatic mode is like in 3H but I fear it will be awakening rehashed. Enemy stats so high your forced to feed one unit all the experience to make a monster able to solo the game.

The thing is that I play Fire Emblem games because of the game-play, while the story is secondary to me. If anything, I rank higher the characters. And I do not even pretend to see complex, award-winning ones; as long as I like their looks and they are somewhat interesting or fun, I am fine.
Granted, Conquest has a terrible story that is also terribly told, but the game-play is so fun that I enjoy it as an engaging tactical game.

I have only played the first couple of chapters of Three Houses (two different campaigns, about five hours in on each), but the whole castle is just padding for me, the maps themselves were boring, and the overall difficulty was low. All these translate into a bad game for me, for I did not enjoy those hours.
I did not liked the lack of a proper Weapon Triangle, nor that all units could wield all weapons, nor having numerous class levels but still uninteresting classes themselves.
Anyway, I will try it again. Someday. Hopefully Lunatic will not be a second Awakening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starburst said:

all units could wield all weapons

Not true. Gauntlets cannot be used by mounted units, nor can they be used by mages. Anyway, the real purpose for this is to help with getting the requirements for class changes.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, starburst said:

The thing is that I play Fire Emblem games because of the game-play, while the story is secondary to me. If anything, I rank higher the characters. And I do not even pretend to see complex, award-winning ones; as long as I like their looks and they are somewhat interesting or fun, I am fine.
Granted, Conquest has a terrible story that is also terribly told, but the game-play is so fun that I enjoy it as an engaging tactical game.

I have only played the first couple of chapters of Three Houses (two different campaigns, about five hours in on each), but the whole castle is just padding for me, the maps themselves were boring, and the overall difficulty was low. All these translate into a bad game for me, for I did not enjoy those hours.
I did not liked the lack of a proper Weapon Triangle, nor that all units could wield all weapons, nor having numerous class levels but still uninteresting classes themselves.
Anyway, I will try it again. Someday. Hopefully Lunatic will not be a second Awakening.

FYI, Three Houses gets more interesting maps latter in the game, especially in the second half. The lack of weapon restrictions helps you build weapon rank for class changes. That said, the map design still doesn't compare to Conquest. Also, getting sub-par characters like Charolette and Arthur to work is part of the charm to Conquest and that comes from giving them good skills even if you have to buy them. The skill system in Fates is fantastic.

Edited by wissenschaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

FYI, Three Houses gets more interesting maps latter in the game, especially in the second half. The lack of weapon restrictions helps you build weapon rank for class changes. That said, the map design still doesn't compare to Conquest. Also, getting sub-par characters like Charolette and Arthur to work is part of the charm to Conquest and that comes from giving them good skills even if you have to buy them. The skill system in Fates is fantastic.

Real talk.

Arthur is one of the stronger gen1 units. He's got a bad CH7 but everyone not named Silias, Corrin, or Jakob has a bad CH7 and he's got great pairup adds there along with bronze axe hitrate and hand axe DS. He scales pretty well into ch 9 and 10 where axes are a stellar weapon type and can make Percy before ch10.

For long term use Be + Dual club + forged handy + brave axe  (+15) stack, Luna lunge and Sol with a dragonwife are all greatmazing for a combat unit. He also gets both horse and bird access reasonably early.

Early males are just stronk.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to try to make Arthur a powerhouse in my next playthrough. Just so I can hear "For Justice" in battle. lol 

Edited by wissenschaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

So if I'm following your line of reasoning, Malig Knight is bad for Elise because people who aren't Elise have better options?

No. It's bad for Elise because it doesn't really fix her issues, and because she's obviously slanted towards being magical. And while she can use the Bolt Axe... *snicker* Good luck with that. You'll need it with her shit skill.

4 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I don't agree with that at all. The class balance is terrible in Three Houses. It heavily favors the mounted units. Now, the characters themselves may well be more viable as a whole then those in conquest but thats a different matter than the classes themselves. For example, in conquest dark mage isn't a terrible class so much as the only gen 1 dark mages we have are quite flawed. The same with Arthur and Charlotte, their class isn't the issue so much as their stat flaws.

Class balance in Three Houses might be terrible, but so what? It's not like Fire Emblem hasn't had wack class balance before (See: FE6, FE4, FE9... I could go on, really). Case in point: Fighters, archers and armors are the most complained about classes. Armors in particular seem to inspire a new "how do we make this class good" (or something along those lines) thread quite a lot. And I'd MUCH sooner say that Arthur and Charlotte are fucked over both by their class and their statistical flaws.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Class balance in Three Houses might be terrible, but so what? It's not like Fire Emblem hasn't had wack class balance before (See: FE6, FE4, FE9... I could go on, really). Case in point: Fighters, archers and armors are the most complained about classes. Armors in particular seem to inspire a new "how do we make armors good" (or something along those lines) thread quite a lot.

But you're the one who argued that balance was a point in its favor.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

No. It's bad for Elise because it doesn't really fix her issues, and because she's obviously slanted towards being magical. And while she can use the Bolt Axe... *snicker* Good luck with that. You'll need it with her shit skill.

She can use very accurate tomes, and she's a magical nuke. I think the option of making her a flying magic nuke more than justifies the decision to give her access to the wyvern rider class tree, not to mention how it fits with her characterization of idolizing Camilla. What exactly would have been a better option for her?

Edited by Alastor15243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alastor15243 said:

But you're the one who argued it was good.

She can use very accurate tomes, and she's a magical nuke. I think the option of making her a flying magic nuke more than justifies the decision to give her access to the wyvern rider class tree, not to mention how it fits with her characterization of idolizing Camilla. What exactly would have been a better option for her?

I was talking about unit balance specifically... Unless you think that Three Houses has worse unit balance than Fates, which I VERY highly doubt.

And yet she's still fragile. Also, how exactly do you propose getting her there???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow Mir said:

And yet she's still fragile. Also, how exactly do you propose getting her there???

What kind of question is that? She levels up by healing, you promote her, and then you give her a heart seal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

What kind of question is that? She levels up by healing, you promote her, and then you give her a heart seal.

Okay, fine, but I still stand by it being not that great for her, because I'm giving up staves for useless axes. If I'm considering Malig Knight for anyone, it's because they're good both physically and magically. Needless to say, Elise does NOT fulfill that condition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Okay, fine, but I still stand by it being not that great for her, because I'm giving up staves for useless axes. If I'm considering Malig Knight for anyone, it's because they're good both physically and magically. Needless to say, Elise does NOT fulfill that condition. 

No thought for flight at all? Really? That's one of the major points to it.

Edited by Alastor15243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

No thought for flight at all? Really? That's one of the major points to it.

Not one. Wings alone are not enough of a redeeming feature for me.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...