Weapon tier list?

Alastor15243

3 hours ago, De Geso said:

You don't need to use Niles long term to capture valuable units - he has good enough bases and bow rank to deal at least 1 damage to any given capture target at base with BK promotion bonuses and Arthur pair up (C rank, possibly with no support but I would need to double check), except for shit like generals but I don't know why you would want to capture them anyway.

So in other words, I need to waste a unit slot on a bottom 3 unit for Niles's sake? Not helping his - and your - case there, mate.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

B rank staff not only lets you use B rank staff, but also C, D, and E rank staff, which have plenty of useful staff to chose from, plus gives +1 healing (the equivalent of +3 magic) and +5 staff accuracy (the equivalent of +2 skill on top of the effective +3 magic when using a staff). Why you would consider a high staff rank a bad thing I can not guess.

Show me where I said having a high staff rank was bad. Oh wait. You cannot, because I did not say that having a high staff rank was bad. My point was more that it's superfluous overkill because you're practically limited to Heal and D rank staves anyway until the level 2 shop.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Don't tell me you still don't think guard stance is useful.

Of course I think it's useful. I just don't see it as a reason to field an obvious bottom-feeder, like Arthur, Nyx, or Charlotte when I could field someone who's actually useful instead.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Of course I think it's useful. I just don't see it as a reason to field an obvious bottom-feeder, like Arthur, Nyx, or Charlotte when I could field someone who's actually useful instead.

It doesn't really matter how good a unit is statistically if they spend all their time in dedicated guard stance. Pair up bots only need their pair up bonuses, class access and, ideally, to make a good kid with their partner.

It doesn't really matter how good a unit is statistically if they spend all their time in dedicated guard stance. Pair up bots only need their pair up bonuses, class access and, ideally, to make a good kid with their partner.

Doesn't mean I don't consider those that are good pair up bots worse than useless. Nyx and Charlotte only see use to marry off. Arthur doesn't get that luxury because he doesn't deserve it, and because I'm a spiteful bastard who thinks having his bad luck come full circle by having him remain unmarried while everyone else gets to marry is amusing.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I don't see guard stance as a reason to guard stance. Levant-2019

At this point I'm becoming increasingly certain Levant is still on ch7. Holding a tea party. Because combat with the units available is something he's never done. Which is genuinely impressive in terms of turn count.

6 hours ago, joshcja said:

At this point I'm becoming increasingly certain Levant is still on ch7. Holding a tea party. Because combat with the units available is something he's never done. Which is genuinely impressive in terms of turn count.

God, that is so true! Ha, ha, ha, ha.
I burst out laughing. That was brilliant.

^Because it's not like he's failed me repeatedly, right? Oh wait, it is like that. And I don't tolerate failure. ESPECIALLY if it's a unit everyone and their grandma kisses up to.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

^Because it's not like he's failed me repeatedly, right? Oh wait, it is like that. And I don't tolerate failure. ESPECIALLY if it's a unit everyone and their grandma kisses up to.

What exactly do you think is going on when "everyone and their grandma" manages to get amazing use out of him?

What exactly do you think is going on when "everyone and their grandma" manages to get amazing use out of him? 

You are wasting your time; he is just trolling you. That is what he does. You can describe to him a completely reproducible approach, step by step, and he will still deny it through some convoluted argument that is basically reduced to his feelings and bias towards it.
"You can describe all colours to a blind man, but an obstinate/ fool one cannot see the blue in the sky." (I do not know the saying in English but, hopefully, you get the idea.)

5 minutes ago, starburst said:

You are wasting your time; he is just trolling you. That is what he does. You can describe to him a completely reproducible approach, step by step, and he will still deny it through some convoluted argument that is basically reduced to his feelings and bias towards it.
"You can describe all colours to a blind man, but an obstinate/ fool one cannot see the blue in the sky." (I do not know the saying in English but, hopefully, you get the idea.)

I had a very similar encounter with him around two years ago on the subject of guard stance where he did exactly that after I explained to him how guard stance triples your survivability. But I don't think he's trolling. He seems to genuinely believe what he does, and very strongly. I just can't for the life of me figure out why.

Edited by Alastor15243

44 minutes ago, starburst said:

"You can describe all colours to a blind man, but an obstinate/ fool one insists that the sky missed and got crit once by a ninja for 4 damage and forced a soft reset so the blue in the sky is suboptimal and should not be used" (I do not know the saying in English but, hopefully, you get the idea.)

Fixed.

10 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I had a very similar encounter with him around two years ago on the subject of guard stance where he did exactly that after I explained to him how guard stance triples your survivability. But I don't think he's trolling. He seems to genuinely believe what he does, and very strongly. I just can't for the life of me figure out why.

Is this actually wrong? Maybe in some arguments, yes, but is it really a negative thing to believe strongly in something? Everyone believes something different,

10 hours ago, starburst said:

I think this is most debates, I could be wrong though. I mean, just take a look at the FE4 boards... Is trying to argue a point really trolling?

Not that I agree or disagree with either side, or defend either side, just thought it was a fair point, is all.

Edited by lightcosmo

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is this actually wrong? Maybe in some arguments, yes, but is it really a negative thing to believe strongly in something? Everyone believes something different,

No, what I meant was that he wasn't being a troll, but was genuine, even if I can't fathom why he believes the way he was.

23 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Yes.

This response is so useful, maybe next time, you might actually contribute something! Don't give me that one-liner like what your saying is justified. What makes you "right" on all accounts anyways? He can believe what he wants, no need to be so rude about it. Also, I never said he was right or wrong, just that believing in something isn't a bad thing.

21 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

No, what I meant was that he wasn't being a troll, but was genuine, even if I can't fathom why he believes the way he was.

Everybody is like this, it's not really a unique case here. I don't understand why people can hate FE4 so much, but hey, that's their beliefs who am I to stop them?

33 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I know. It wasn't a criticism.

I didn't say it was, just wondering why it's such a huge deal, is all. A lot of people seem to take an opinion very seriously, when it's usually just that. Again, i'm not saying he's right or wrong, since I sure don't know. Just that people should give him a chance before calling him out on trolling and such.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I didn't say it was, just wondering why it's such a huge deal, is all. A lot of people seem to take an opinion very seriously, when it's usually just that. Again, i'm not saying he's right or wrong, since I sure don't know. Just that people should give him a chance before calling him out on trolling and such.

I wasn't the one calling him a troll. What I said was in defense of him from that accusation.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

I wasn't the one calling him a troll. What I said was in defense of him from that accusation.

I get that, I meant stuff like this:

11 hours ago, starburst said:

You are wasting your time; he is just trolling you. That is what he does.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Then why did you reply to me and quote me as if I was criticizing him for believing strongly?

I'm not sure how this was implied:

11 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

He seems to genuinely believe what he does, and very strongly. I just can't for the life of me figure out why.

But in this context, it sounds like criticizing someone. Like he's 100% wrong and you had to punctuate that fact. That's what I gathered, anyway.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm not sure how this was implied:

But in this context, it sounds like criticizing someone. Like he's 100% wrong and you had to punctuate that fact. That's what I gathered, anyway.

That's not the part you bolded last time. You bolded the "he seems to genuinely believe what he does, and very strongly", which I said in defense of him, in response to people saying he says what he does to get a rise out of people and not because he really believes it. And then you reply as if I'm criticizing him for having a strong opinion, saying I need to have more respect for other people's opinions. And, keep in mind, you say this after he spent several pages rudely talking down to anyone who disagreed with him without actually providing any good arguments for why what anyone else was saying was wrong.

Edited by Alastor15243