Three Houses Inspired RP (Interest Check)

Rapier

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I think emulating the "houses" aspect might be too restrictive of a setting. Though that may just me.

The houses are like, one of the main things. Maybe we can call them something else? But I like the houses.

It's a good detail by itself. It's just that it makes it the one shaping the world (eg. since it's only three houses, Fodlan only has three main countries... and all are neatly aligned so they intersect in order to place the church/academy there), not the world shaping the academy.

Not to mention, depending if the pre-RP worldbuilding will be a cooperative work or someone making a base that then all add to include their OC's and stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a good detail by itself. It's just that it makes it the one shaping the world, not the world shaping the academy.

Not to mention, depending if the pre-RP worldbuilding will be a cooperative work or someone making a base that then all add to include their OC's and stuff.

I'm thinking we get a few to make the houses and the country they are and go from there. I'm also good at map making.

*cracks knuckles*

Red Wolf house leader incoming.

First name: Keena

Surname: Pascoe

Class: Thief -> Assassin

Weapon Ranks: Sword B, Bow C

Skills: Locktouch, Sword Avo + 20

Personality: (to be determined)

Appearance: (to be determined)

Backstory: Daughter of the nomad tribal chief, her father is employed by the royalty and makes a good amount as a general/personal guard, which pays her tuition. Her mother is often lazy, thinking "good vibes" is enough while barely lifting a finger, yet she still manages to care for Keena's 6 year old brother.

Country: Kingdom of Lupar. A loose monarchy, there's a king and queen, a council, and a few nomad tribes that are allowed to live in the plains. The tribes live in easily movable tents and will set up camp near towns for trade regularly. The king and queen even employ some as hired soldiers.

There's that I guess? I'm thinking we have four houses if we can.

7 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok. Probably not going to be a house leader, but I’d still like to know what the houses are first and what countries they come from first.

I mean if I'm particularly ambitious I can run two houses and make the other leader male and ship them for some drama

@Rose482 Want to take Silver Fox?

Edited by Dragoncat

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

If this isn't going to have some coordination, I'm calling already making a head house... if it's still applicable...

Right, we need to coordinate.

Do we want to do Discord or PMs?

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

@Rose482 Want to take Silver Fox?

Sure <3 I would love too. 

Give me time to gather my thoughts and such on what kind of house I want "Silver Fox" to be though. I do have few ideas in mind, and I think I would post one of them once I think it's good enough.

And yes setting up a discord chat or PMs group chat through SF would help I think.

Edited by Rose482

Well, if it's mostly the brainstorming for now, I've created a Discord group for it.

Do I put the invite pubicly here, or I PM whoever wants to join in?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

52 minutes ago, Sarki Soliloquy said:

Hold on, shouldn't @Rapier have the final say on the game itself, and thus who gets to do the worldbuilding? Assuming he is going to be the GM.

He pretty much said any of us can do it.

Oooh, seems to be so. Its just, Rapier hasn't said whether or not he has a system/format in place before this begins. That w/o world direction, just makes me weary about joining early.

If there's a mass PM or Discord about organizing, please PM me to invite. I'll check through it at the least.

Also here is my idea about what I want the Silver Fox's house leader to be:

First name: Silas

Surname: Farrell

Class: Nobel 

Weapon Skills: Good at Reason and Faith. Bad at everything else except bows which he is just okay on. 

Backstory: The youngest son of king Nathaniel Farrell. Considering he has 4 older brothers, the chances are he would never inherit the throne, but he doesn't really mind that as he has other things to worry about. He came to the academy to get stronger. He wants to gain as much power as possible, even if it meant his death. He won't give up before he accomplished his goal. No one truly knows why he pushes himself so hard to obtain so much power however...

Country: Kingdom of Riryn. A kingdom known for it's cold and wintry weather. As it snows for the most of the year there, it became a hard place to grow and harvest for the farmers, making it a very hard place to live in. The royal family sees this and always tries it's best to trade and buy food from neighboring countries in order to support their people, sadly however that hasn't stopped the alarming numbers of citizens who turned into thievery in order to survive.  

23 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Also here is my idea about what I want the Silver Fox's house leader to be:

First name: Silas

Surname: Farrell

Class: Nobel 

Weapon Skills: Good at Reason and Faith. Bad at everything else except bows which he is just okay on. 

Backstory: The youngest son of king Nathaniel Farrell. Considering he has 4 older brothers, the chances are he would never inherit the throne, but he doesn't really mind that as he has other things to worry about. He came to the academy to get stronger. He wants to gain as much power as possible, even if it meant his death. He won't give up before he accomplished his goal. No one truly knows why he pushes himself so hard to obtain so much power however...

Country: Kingdom of Riryn. A kingdom known for it's cold and wintry weather. As it snows for the most of the year there, it became a hard place to grow and harvest for the farmers, making it a very hard place to live in. The royal family sees this and always tries it's best to trade and buy food from neighboring countries in order to support their people, sadly however that hasn't stopped the alarming numbers of citizens who turned into thievery in order to survive.  

He looks good! Silas is a Fates character too. Which is irony because I named my Corrin Keena.

Also, maybe if they can't farm, most of their food comes from hunting and fishing?

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

He looks good! Silas is a Fates character too. Which is irony because I named my Corrin Keena.

Also, maybe if they can't farm, most of their food comes from hunting and fishing?

lol <3 

And true I guess. But still I would imagine it would be hard to feed a whole country through hunting and fishing alone, right? Although I guess it would make sense if some people became hunters in Riryn to avoid hunger after all. But I also can imagine some other group of people who just find stealing to be the easier thing to do than hunting and fishing themselves.

Edited by Rose482

5 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

lol <3 

And true I guess. But still I would imagine it would be hard to feed a whole country through hunting and fishing alone, right? Although I guess it would make sense if some people became hunters in Riryn to avoid hunger after all. But I also can imagine some other group of people who just find stealing to be the easier thing to do than hunting and fishing themselves.

There are also probably some crops that can grow in cold areas if you research. But yes makes sense.

Faerghus is said to be cold. 

lion_snow.png < Dimitri in a nutshell?

Okay... Green Phoenix House Leader seems ready.

Acteon Ferrers

Class: Noble
Height: 6’3” (~190 cm)
Skills:
-Talents:
    -Axe
    -Bow
    -Authority
    -Riding
-Deficiencies:
    -Sword
    -Reason
    -Flying
-Hidden Talents: Heavy Armor
Description: House Leader of the Green Phoenixes. Next in line to inherit House Ferrers and the role of general of the military of Murus. A calm individual in most places, but a terror on the battlefield. Quick to judge others by his standards of physical and mental strength, but he is willing to teach them, if necessary. Many in the house say that he has some naïveté in his inferiors.
Interests:
    -Training
    -Horseback Riding
    -Board Gaming
    -Meat
    -Horses
    -Sunsets
    -Weapon management
    -Justice
Dislikes:
    -Fragile frivolities and weapons
    -Nobles with nothing to prove
    -Heights
    -Injustice
    -Terrible parenting
The Republic of Murus: A nation atop the Muran Range and its surroundings in the west, serving as the border between the Helian Empire and the other nations. Murus, as the sole nation responsible to protect the other nations should this empire attack, has the most powerful military of all the nations that have aligned together in harmony at Saint Haley’s Cathedral and the school it provides.