I had a really weird Three Houses related dream last night

Dragoncat

You know the explore the monastery parts? Well it was that only Byleth was tripping on shrooms and everything was purple and it was so bizarre and wtf.

Share your weirdest gaming related dreams or something I guess.

I've actually had plenty of Three Houses related dreams ever since the game came out. Yesterday I actually dreamed I had became a teacher at my former high school and Rhea was the principal lmao

Another good (?) one I remember that happened a couple of days ago was that I was in the world of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but then a couple of murders started happening, and then people started locking the characters to investigate them, but the murderer was the person locking the characters, and then we (I was alongside the characters) were able to leave the place, but then we were all in Recife (city in northeastern Brazil that I don't have any connection to whatsoever and haven't been to in like 10 years) and were going to leave through the airport but we decided to have lunch at a restaurant and missed our plane, so we went to the beach and one the characters (I think Itsuki?) was attacked by a shark (Recife is infamous for its shark attacks)

it was funny

Edited by Nobody

I do not think I ever had a gaming related dream. I have quite a few weird dreams, but the weirdest ones are NSFW.

A weird dream I had when I was young was that I was going to the bathroom and took a piss. Guess what? I took a piss in real life too and wetted my bed. Kind of hilarious now when I think about it.

As I posted in a different FFtF topic:

The dream was very scanty for visuals at first, all I could see was beige, maybe with some shadows.

But I thought I was playing Three Houses, the opening so I thought. I distinctly recall the feeling and sounds as if people were sucking with their mouths on my bare back as I was laying face down on the ground. And, I recall thinking they were the Three Houses house leaders, even if I couldn't see them. And I did not like it one bit.

I then popped open some game menu and turned down the VA volume to nothing, using a bizarre two trackball controller. I then opened a freezer filled with fake-looking frozen food for some reason in what I guess was supposed to be the monastery.

My not-unfounded fear I'll be playing 3H soullessly, without any attention paid to characters or story. That, haunted me in my sleep. That one little moment I just don't like, would send me into skipping the rest of the game's narrative.

Waking up, I'm thinking the oddity of sucking on my back might have been due to how my mattress and my back were pressing up against each other.  Albeit the dream took it to a whole 'nother level. The freezer might been me glancing at people posting cooking is possible in 3H, and certainly because I ate a frozen pizza last night. No idea where the trackballs came from.

-I wish my few dreams were more pleasantly vivid and memorable. Give me crystal clear blue lakes with sandy and green islands floating in them and a rainbow sky above. But as is, I'm barely a dreamer and one who often forgets them. And I refuse to use substances that'd enhance my unconscious experience.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

A weird dream I had when I was young was that I was going to the bathroom and took a piss. Guess what? I took a piss in real life too and wetted my bed. Kind of hilarious now when I think about it.

I had that same thing happen but it was like only a couple years ago.

I actually had a pretty intense case of flu the other night and couldn't sleep longer than 10 minutes at a time. Fever dreams of a fire emblem like grid and these non descript characters were punching each other, doing damage, experience bar numbers going up, just in a constant, un-ending loop. Normally a cool sounding dream, but not when you're lying in pain drenched in cold sweat.

Dreams about Three Houses, you say?

Coincidentally enough, I had one today that was apparently about how Claude was so charismatic, he could convince retreating enemy troops to continue fighting him. I accidentally hit the snooze button three times before realizing that I would almost be late for work. Coincidence?

As for other Three Houses related dreams (because I would be here all day if I described other Fire Emblem related dreams, much less videogame ones in general) :

- Anna decided they should add trampoline alts into Heroes, and the Three Houses cast got word of it, leading to some of the more exited members to start a petition to get a few for the school. I was auditing a machining class at the time, so predictably I was working in a shop. Anna requested I make them, and at first I accepted the offer. Then the orders kept coming in as demand grew, causing me to get stressed out. The final straw was when the Taguel got jumped on the bandwagon and requested some, reminding me of several reoccurring dreams that I had been having recently, causing me to I yell "I quit!", hand over the blueprints to one of the Anna's, walk out of the emergency door(s), which caused the fire alarm to go off, which instantly shut off all of the machines, which saved a guys life as his jacket just got stuck on a lathe and nearly pulled him in. I then went into the Fallout wasteland to become a farmer to prove that running a farm in the wasteland was possible.

- The Three Houses were instead Three Samurai, and it was Fire Emblem gameplay expect with hexes instead of squares. I was a lone green unit responsible for defending this single tile of land in the center of the map, and if any of the lords were on it, then it was an immediate game over.

- For some reason, Dmitri insulted me for something I did earlier that day that I forgot about. I got him back by saying that his eyepatch was a fake and that he was trying too hard to be Big Boss.

- Post-Timeskip Edelgard and Dmitri were inside a single castle, and were playing this game where whoever hung up the most banners of their won ownership of the fortress. The contest turned violent and vicious, and included a lot of blood, swearing, killing, and even child murder. I think Claude locked himself up in the throne room, and played chess by himself in an attempt to stay out of the whole thing.

- I was assigned to set up computers in the school library. In the middle of completing that task, I was looking up Serenes Forest or the Fire Emblem Wiki or something of that sort as I heard that the next Fire Emblem game would give shapeshifter characters branching promotions, such as scout, warrior, acrobat, trickster, and some other ones I didn't know about. I was curious about the skill descriptions, but before I could read them I was pulled away to (supposedly) help in a class. I stated that I still had work to complete, but eventually gave up and went with them.

For the record, I haven't played Three Houses yet, and the majority of these I had before the game was even released. And these aren't even the strangest dreams I've had.

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

For some reason, Dmitri insulted me for something I did earlier that day that I forgot about. I got him back by saying that his eyepatch was a fake and that he was trying too hard to be Big Boss.

He is apparently Edge Lord #123. Headcanoning that eye got cut out during a fight with a sibling over the throne.

The Three Houses were instead Three Samurai, and it was Fire Emblem gameplay expect with hexes instead of squares. I was a lone green unit responsible for defending this single tile of land in the center of the map, and if any of the lords were on it, then it was an immediate game over.

Lowly green units, man.

Post-Timeskip Edelgard and Dmitri were inside a single castle, and were playing this game where whoever hung up the most banners of their won ownership of the fortress. The contest turned violent and vicious, and included a lot of blood, swearing, killing, and even child murder. I think Claude locked himself up in the throne room, and played chess by himself in an attempt to stay out of the whole thing.

May be in character, if exaggerated...slightly related is I joke about an unplanned bastard kid of those two, just took a single one night stand and of course Edelgard can't parade around who the father is unless it was a legit politically approved deal. Kiddo combines his/her parents' houses into Navy Gryphons though and cat's out of the bag now. Yeah, it's not serious, kind of a crack ship but there are weirder crack ships.

I was assigned to set up computers in the school library. In the middle of completing that task, I was looking up Serenes Forest or the Fire Emblem Wiki or something of that sort as I heard that the next Fire Emblem game would give shapeshifter characters branching promotions, such as scout, warrior, acrobat, trickster, and some other ones I didn't know about. I was curious about the skill descriptions, but before I could read them I was pulled away to (supposedly) help in a class. I stated that I still had work to complete, but eventually gave up and went with them.

Shapeshifter promotions are something me and @Anacybele have played with as an idea, but with laguz, like cat promotes into wild cat. We've also made up laguz. I threw wolves into their own group called the dog tribe with foxes and coyotes, and she added fox, falcon, and fairy dragon.

Also this totally sounds like something that would happen to me. Procrastinating and getting caught.

Edited by Dragoncat

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

He is apparently Edge Lord #123. Headcanoning that eye got cut out during a fight with a sibling over the throne

May be in character, if exaggerated...slightly related is I joke about an unplanned bastard kid of those two, just took a single one night stand and of course Edelgard can't parade around who the father is unless it was a legit politically approved deal. Kiddo combines his/her parents' houses into Navy Gryphons though and cat's out of the bag now. Yeah, it's not serious, kind of a crack ship but there are weirder crack ships.

...You haven't gotten that far into the game, have you?

Lowly green units, man.

Being an avid Sword of the Samurai player, I was ready to one-man army them all, although also being samurai, they were probably ready to do the same to me.

11 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Shapeshifter promotions are something me and @Anacybele have played with as an idea, but with laguz, like cat promotes into wild cat. We've also made up laguz. I threw wolves into their own group called the dog tribe with foxes and coyotes, and she added fox, falcon, and fairy dragon.

Interesting idea. I admit that I would prefer having shapeshifters increase in rank or gain a more specific role by promoting, similar to the rest of the army, but having multiple kinds of shapeshifting animals would be really neat to see.

Also this totally sounds like something that would happen to me. Procrastinating and getting caught.

It wasn't exactly procrastinating. More reading something while getting work done. And then being dragged away to supposedly help elsewhere in the middle of doing so.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Last night, I had a dream where all the Three Houses characters engaged in a dance competition and did the dancer animation... ALL of them.
Along with it, this song played:

That sounds hilarious.

I had a dream last night that they announced an FE4 remake and I was rambling to my Tae Kwon Do instructor about it.

I do have precognative dreams sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow, a dream about the lack of clerical magic in Fable causing trouble at a temple led to a dream about Elan from Order of the Stick leading a party of adventurer's through a series of rooms with Indiana Jones inspired traps in them which led to a few Unidentified Flying Objects (not the alien kind) floating in my backyard which led to Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior grabbing a chainsaw katana and stating that he was going to the land of Foldan to show Rhea that past and future technology can go hand-in-hand and TWSITD that they should have made some modern legendary weapons. And then he started walking there on foot. From my backyard. Did I mention that all these dreams were directly connected?

I also had a dream two days ago about Hubert attempting to lead a youth group from my backyard. It went... Interestingly, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior grabbing a chainsaw katana and stating that he was going to the land of Foldan to show Rhea that past and future technology can go hand-in-hand and TWSITD that they should have made some modern legendary weapons.

I have had similar ideas. Xenoblade/FE crossover goodness...and I guess a Xenoblade spoiler but it's brief.

Purple MageToday at 4:25 PM
Shambhala is pretty kewl

DragoncatToday at 4:25 PM
It is
Why do the bad guys get the cool stuff

Purple MageToday at 4:25 PM
ikr
It's like that in all fe games
They all get access to cool toys locked away from the player
Except in fe1

DragoncatToday at 4:26 PM
Imma steal their modern flush toilet and install it in Garreg Mach

Purple MageToday at 4:26 PM
In fe1, the player gets access to all the cool toys the enemies don't have

DragoncatToday at 4:26 PM
But I'm putting it in the highest tower
You have to work if you want to sit on the throne
Rhea definitely had something like that herself tho
It exploded during the raid
Like first thing she does when she's rescued and brought back
"THEY TOOK MY TOILET-no it just exploded in the attack. But I NEED A NEW ONE"

Purple MageToday at 4:29 PM
LOL

DragoncatToday at 4:30 PM
And watch Edelgard actually did take it and tried to install it and it just shot through the roof
These people are fighting over a toilet
It's like the time when the US went to war over a pig

Purple MageToday at 4:31 PM
lolololol

DragoncatToday at 4:31 PM
Hubert got the info on Slitherin because he heard they had a microwave
But it was called "a box that cooks food in minutes"
Like, he actually made it to Shambhala to steal said microwave but Thales already blew it up because he didn't know you can't put metal in it
He left a fork in his casserole thing

Purple MageToday at 4:36 PM
What if Slitherin's tech is their own?

DragoncatToday at 4:37 PM
Then they're even scarier
But somebody PLEASE bring in Titans residents to teach them how to use this shit
...Probably homs bandits the only ones who'd agree tho

DragoncatToday at 4:59 PM
So slightly related, I'm currently doing jokes about Shambhala having modern tech and it expanding across Fodlan and Bionis residents being brought in to teach people how to use said tech because crossover jokes are fun.

AnacybeleToday at 5:00 PM
lol nice.

DragoncatToday at 5:00 PM
(homs bandit teaching slither cult dude about toasters)
*toast pops out*
"GAH!"
"It's done."
"I can see that..."

Toasters Are Scary GIF - Cat Toaster Scared GIFs

(entia teaching monk about freezers)
"I put the water in and it's not ice!"
"You only put it in five minutes ago. It's not instant ice."
"What button do I push to get instant ice?"
Monk: ...So wait a second, you worship the land itself because your god is evil?
Entia: Basically.
Monk: What are you, some kind of tribal hippies?
Entia: The god turned a bunch of us into flying snakes once shut up.
"Yeah and the other landmass? Their goddess is amazing and kind."
"Why don't you live there instead?"
"It's unfit for organic life. It's all barren, desert, mechanical insides...the people are metal people."
"Are you sure you're not a hippy on weed"
That's all I have, inconsistent formatting and all lol
Oh, and Thales blew up a microwave because he left a fork in his casserole.
He also installed one toilet and charges fees to use it

AnacybeleToday at 5:04 PM
lol

DragoncatToday at 5:05 PM
You know those entia are going to charge for every stupid question they get

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I have had similar ideas. Xenoblade/FE crossover goodness...and I guess a Xenoblade spoiler but it's brief.

It helps that Shadow Warrior actually has chainsaw katanas:

8DC7E92A703BE5BBB57548630767D29BCAD8FF395578CF8AC9D05FE94DCA0008836E4A5ACEF94880

Three Houses DLC better add futuristic weapons, since it would be such a missed opportunity not to.