God Shattered Sky Lyrics?

I was wondering if anyone had any Idea what the lyrics or language of the song was. Its such a good song and then only song in FE3H to feature singing in a different language. I was thinking It might be Turkish. If anyone has any ideas Im down! Heres the song for reference. 

Edit: Im thinking it might be Latin again

Edited by SamsonSamurai

Ok heres what I got so far:
rus sa res basa bauc
ad vita das saint gran i
vaca vas pol bur hu res 
da si vasa

a country that based BAUCIS

I give my life to a great saint

but it'll be a vessel during all human

Give vessel
 Now it being latin, I had to find what certain letters made certain sounds. Now the singer I dont think it too consistent on using classical latin so it made it a little hard when translating. This is the intro, and there is one more part that I cant understand because its when the music comes in and its an extended note. interesting thing about the Baucis part is its a roman/greek legend. https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Mortals/Baucis/baucis.html

Baucis

Baucis and her husband Philemon were an old couple that appeared in a myth that is lesser known among those of Greek and Roman mythology. They lived i...

now the C in Bauc is pronounced like B-ou-ch when he sings, listening closely, and slowing it down Ive listen to that part at .75 and .5 spd for almost 30 min help You hear he ends it with a CH not a SH, its very soft and can be misheard.

I think he might be singing in Church latin

Which might skew some of my translations

But Ill cross that bridge when I get there

Theres one part where I think he says: Da si vas (Give [the] vessel) Da si das (if you can give) or Das si vas (if you give a [vessel]) Its very hard to hear clearly ;-; For now, ima roll with Da Si Vas, or Give the Vessel

Theres also one part where he it sounds like hes saying a jacior vasa ... I think it might be Ad Jacio vasa, and hes pronouncing jacio as YAH-SEE-OH which is weird. but this is also 1 singing 2 in latin and 3 modern

Edited by SamsonSamurai

I really hear Maribel (maribelle) on 1:43, but it just might be my imagination.
I had a feeling it was in latin but since I only know spanish pronunciation I cannot decipher words at all, only sounds.

and at the start I don't hear the "B" of Bauc but rather a hard G. The "chorus" is a doozy, you can't really tell them words that much from all the orchestration.

I wouldn't put aside completely the hypothesis that it might be an invented language. To me, it doesn't seem like the lyrics are in classical latin... For example, the classical latin word for saint is sanctus, not saint...

I don't know if it could be some form of corrupted latin, though...

Actually the only word I could recognize is Fodlàn at the end of the first line of the second verse...

On 8/13/2019 at 4:06 AM, Yukiko said:

I wouldn't put aside completely the hypothesis that it might be an invented language. To me, it doesn't seem like the lyrics are in classical latin... For example, the classical latin word for saint is sanctus, not saint...

I don't know if it could be some form of corrupted latin, though...

Actually the only word I could recognize is Fodlàn at the end of the first line of the second verse...

That might be a possibility, although I know it isnt classical, which im used to, its more so church latin. Which for the most part, uses latin words but uses modern pronunciation for some letters. It weird.

Maybe in the future they'll release an artbook that contains the lyrics of the songs, like the one released for Shadows of Valentia. Then, we'll know what the words meant and we'll be able to recognize the language...

On 8/14/2019 at 6:47 PM, SamsonSamurai said:

That might be a possibility, although I know it isnt classical, which im used to, its more so church latin. Which for the most part, uses latin words but uses modern pronunciation for some letters. It weird.

any luck with deciphering the rest of the lyrics? 

• 1 month later...

Latin seems to be the go-to language if a game's song isn't in English or Japanese, so that's probably a safe bet.  That said, 0 Def Cleric may also be onto something.  I speak enough Russian to be able to catch what sounded to me like "bog" (god) and "narod" (people), and "-aya" is a common adjective suffix (feminine nominative singular, to be specific).  I also think I've heard a phoneme present in Russian and other Slavic languages (in Russian, it's represented by the letter "щ" and doesn't have an equivalent sound in English).  Considering the Cyrillic in Shambhala, Russian is plausible, but considering the other posts here, it's also possible I'm just mishearing things.  I also thought I heard a specific phoneme that is present in West Slavic languages (Russian is East Slavic and lacks the phoneme in question), none of which use the Cyrillic alphabet.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught what sounded like "la vie" and "L'histoire" which are french for the life and the story respectively, also this one bit sounds like they are triumphantly exclaiming "here I come!" it seems everyone is hearing different little bits and pieces from different languages, and that's where my suggestion comes into play, what if the song actually incorporates different words from different languages? perhaps this song was made to reflect the golden deer route and Claude's ambitions by having many different languages incorporated into it? it that is the case, then goddamn the composers went a step above for this...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 7:02 AM, General Luigi said:

Latin seems to be the go-to language if a game's song isn't in English or Japanese, so that's probably a safe bet.  That said, 0 Def Cleric may also be onto something.  I speak enough Russian to be able to catch what sounded to me like "bog" (god) and "narod" (people), and "-aya" is a common adjective suffix (feminine nominative singular, to be specific).  I also think I've heard a phoneme present in Russian and other Slavic languages (in Russian, it's represented by the letter "щ" and doesn't have an equivalent sound in English).  Considering the Cyrillic in Shambhala, Russian is plausible, but considering the other posts here, it's also possible I'm just mishearing things.  I also thought I heard a specific phoneme that is present in West Slavic languages (Russian is East Slavic and lacks the phoneme in question), none of which use the Cyrillic alphabet.

We have. It's shch. But it's certainly not Russian not any other Slavic language or even Latin. For me it's gibberish.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, AngKaiser said:

I caught what sounded like "la vie" and "L'histoire" which are french for the life and the story respectively, also this one bit sounds like they are triumphantly exclaiming "here I come!" it seems everyone is hearing different little bits and pieces from different languages, and that's where my suggestion comes into play, what if the song actually incorporates different words from different languages? perhaps this song was made to reflect the golden deer route and Claude's ambitions by having many different languages incorporated into it? it that is the case, then goddamn the composers went a step above for this...

Hm You might be on to something. Part of the reason I want to translate this song is that it might have some ties to Nemisis. In the intro, a motif of GSS plays when he appears and GSS thunder also plays when he is resurrected, So im thinking there must be something there. Maybe more lore? The 10 elites are very interesting and I really wonder how they and Serios all fit in the lore. 

On 10/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, AngKaiser said:

That's awesome, well heard and reasoned!

On 8/14/2019 at 11:50 PM, 0 Def Cleric said:

Those Who Slither In The Dark use Cyrillic lettering in their base, so it's probably a Slavic language. 

On 9/25/2019 at 6:02 AM, General Luigi said:

I'm loving the teamwork here! I hope we do get an artbook someday! Or ambush the sound designer on their way home from work one night and pester them until they give us an answer.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is super late and all, but I just thought I’d contribute what I heard because I love the teamwork going on! 

Call me crazy, but I’ve always noticed some English—I don’t know if it’s just me, but I hear the words “shattering star” clear as day, they’re at the end of a phrase. 

I just thought I’d share my findings :)

Edited by maru4749

• 3 months later...

A few thoughts:
(1) I know both classical and ecclesiastical dialects of Latin and it sounds like neither.  Most songs that use Latin at all use Ecclesiastical because tradition, and because it's stress-timed like English and Italian as opposed to Classical Latin, which has a true syllable-length (moraic) accent system making the vowels much more complicated (even though the consonants are a lot more complicated in ecclesiastical).  I could just be really *bad* Latin--that is fairly common in video games--but I hear some stuff that sounds to me like modern operatic Italian.  Not 100% sure and don't speak Italian, but there are enough endings that sound right.  Would also explain some words sounding Latin or French, but not all of it. 
(2) Some folks saying it sounds like a slavic language but definitely isn't Russian or other common ones?  Might be Church Slavonic then--it's basically the Latin of the Russian Orthodox Church, because it's the original language St. Cyril invented the Cyrillic alphabet for and translated the Greek Bible into.
(3) Japanese songwriters aren't afraid to write taglines or titles in one language and the rest of the song in another--its kinda a trope in JPop and KPop at this point and bleeds into other parts of their musical cultures as well.  Might explain people hearing "Shattering Star" in English despite the rest not making sense in English.
(4) Then again, the FE Heroes theme turned out to be English, just with really awful Engrish pronunciation disguised by the excellent operatic tone.  It doesn't sound like that to me, but could be just a singer unfamiliar with the language they're singing.