Grand Hero Battle: Death Knight

SatsumaFSoysoy

I don't know any of the chapter names so I can't make jokes or anything with the title. Hmph.

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

6onDlou.jpg

Infernal

Spoiler

bFVkbG2.jpg

Infernal Enemy Stats

Death Knight

Spoiler

HP: 64
Atk: 57
Spd: 31
Def: 36
Res: 33

Weapon: Scythe of Sariel
Assist: 
Special: Blazing Flame (charged)

A: Fury 3
B: Escape Route 3
C: Close Guard 3
S: 

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 44
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rauðrwolf+
Assist: 
Special: Miracle

A: Distant Def 3
B: Guard 3
C: Drive Atk 2
S: 

Green Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 46
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Gronnserpent+
Assist: 
Special: Blazing Thunder

A: Close Def 3
B: Quick Riposte 3
C: Distant Guard 3
S: 

Axe Dragoon

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 51
Spd: 30
Def: 39
Res: 21

Weapon: Wo Gun+
Assist: Rally Def/Res+
Special: Bonfire

A: Fire Boost 3
B: Aerobatics 3
C: Spur Atk/Spd 2
S: 

Sword Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 54
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Firesweep Sword+
Assist: 
Special: Draconic Aura

A: HP/Atk 2
B: Poison Strike 3
C: Savage Blow 3
S: 

Bow Knight

Spoiler

HP: 55
Atk: 45
Spd: 19
Def: 27
Res: 25

Weapon: Brave Bow+
Assist: 
Special: Luna

A: Atk/Def Bond 3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Ward Cavalry
S: 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this battle was so hard. On infernal I had to inherit an entire swap and axebreaker onto Lyon to beat the map.

I'm also being sarcastic.

In all seriousness, this wasn't all that bad once I decided to attack the right side of the map first instead of dealing with the center. Triangle adept Lyon with axebreaker can block the axe wyvern with his face and take out the bow cavalier at the same time, and that was all I really needed to figure out the map because Eir and Reinhardt could take care of the Death Knight while Lyon continued to be a human shield.

I tried to do something fancy by throwing Marisa down the right. This left too many people running free. So... I hurled Marisa, Legzura-boosted, down the middle on a defence tile to frag the wind mage. DK couldn't damage her, neither could the bow knight, the fire mage chipped her. So, cleaning up from there was pretty straightforward.

@Zeo @Alexmender @mampfoid @mcsilas @LordFrigid @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @Landmaster

I've been kinda slacking on replying to vids lately because of health and also Three Houses (I watch most of them but then I don't reply), but I'll try to exist a bit more I guess. Meanwhile, check out this dumb shit.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

All difficulties of this map was just throw DC Eirika + Tactitania + L!Eliwood at it and win. Eirika with bonus doubler under tactics and her special refine cleared it easily enough. Clair mopped up.

What a easy battle! I didn't have any problem.

I will try to defeat this map with a different team.

Spoiler

Using the Chapter 6 map was a good pick for Death Knight's GHB, since he can be quite annoying to defeat in that map... Although he is harder to defeat in Chapter 4 than Chapter 6.

A Manakete, a Marquess, a Vacationer, and a Picnicker walk into a ruins. Suddenly, the Death Knight appears!

...it occurs to me I didn't give a solid enough view of my units stats and skills... oops.

Spoiler

Nah: +Atk +1
Oracle's Breath, Smite, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt, Infantry Breath, Quick Riposte

Legendary Eliwood: Neutral
Ardent Durandal, Rally Spd/Res+, Draconic Aura
Death Blow 4, Chill Atk, Vision of Arcadia

Picnic Genny: +Atk +1
Toasty Skewer+ (Daz), Physic+, Fireflood Balm+
Brazen Atk/Res, Wrathful Staff, Def Opening

Summer Corrin: Res +1
Sealife Tome+, Draw Back, Moonbow
Fury, Desperation, Drive Atk, Drive Atk

Also I really like the thumbnail. I didn't get it to do that on purpose, but it looks freaking sweet.

Edited by Xenomata

I did 2 clears: one using my Infantry Team and other using Laevatein's Team. I recorded without sound, because... reason...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Infernal Death Knight in one turn:

Few time due vacation, so only muted video, few short replys and a lazy solution (2/3 EP, no theme). 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've been kinda slacking on replying to vids lately because of health and also Three Houses (I watch most of them but then I don't reply), but I'll try to exist a bit more I guess. Meanwhile, check out this dumb shit.

Sorry for the spoiler in the middle of my response, mobile UI doesn't let me do what I want. 

I hope you feel better and are healthy again. I like your dumb shit, that's one sick Kronya! Will you +10 her? 

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I did 2 clears: one using my Infantry Team and other using Laevatein's Team. I recorded without sound, because... reason...

No chance for that skinny Knight against Tiki and Laev (with a little help of Claude). Congrats! 

This was easier than Kronya imo. lol But anyway, I did a Team OTP clear this time, so I could use a funny title. 😛 And also since everyone on this team has at least one merge now!

Only thing is, some lag towards the end screwed me up and I mistakenly made Elincia do nothing instead of refresh Ike to let him take out the remaining mage. So Freddy was forced to take a hit from said mage. I thought I was going to have to start over because Freddy had lowish HP at that point, but he amusingly survived with 1 HP, so I let it go and just kept this video. lol But I really hope something like this doesn't happen again in the future, it might end up costing me the fight for real.

For some reason, slight lag has happened in my past recordings too. I have no idea why. But on the flipside: the volume problem is fixed! I changed some settings before doing this. 🙂

Also, thank goodness for the debuffs that Elincia and Frederick provide. They're helpful a lot, especially since this team does not have a magic user. And yay for the thumbnail putting Freddy's gorgeous abs and powerful amazing legs on display. 😄

Edited by Anacybele

Celica, Skylivia, Lazura, Airzura. 
no contest. 

(also. I do have to acknowledge. i do hate Fury (a lot) but it did come in handy as it allowed Lazura and celica to take some hits to make the cheesy magic happen. I can not wait to strap Fury 4 on Celica)

This was too easy.  Legendary Tiki (who did most of the fighting), M Byleth, Veronica, and Yune.  This is the team I've been using for the GHB quests (1 of each movement type), so I just used it to try out Death Knight.  All finished first try.  

Any thoughts on Death Knight as a unit?  I foddered one off for Close Guard, but I am thinking of 5 starring one.  Is he worth the 20k feathers?

This GHB wasn't too bad. Defeated the Death Knight army with my own team of evil deathbringers (Both of the Grimas, FH!Tiki and FH!Delthea). Really wish I had more time to play Three Houses itself so I wouldn't have to worry about spoilers.

@mampfoid Nice one turn clear with B!Roy taking out the units on the right and FH!Tiki destroying everything else.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Hope you get better soon! I can say I'm guilty about not replying to videos often, too. One of the cons of RL, I guess.

Anyways, Kronya certainly is scary when built properly. She just went and killed them all like it was nothing. Also, CC+Null C-Disrupt is certainly a killer combo. At +10 she'll be such a monster of a unit, that's for sure.

@mampfoid Your F!Tiki was impressive. I was like "How is she going to beat DK if she's doing 9 dmg?" but turns out Ignis blast was more than enough. Awesome clear!

@Anacybele That was great! Just 2 turns and the map was basically cleared. Ike and Frederick certainly have some good synergy going and Robin taking 0 dmg from the red mage was something I didn't expect. 

- - - - - - 

I consider this clear the beginning of a new legend in the making. I wish I could've used the first clear I got but I messed up by trying to up the volume of my phone and that got recorded too so I had to make another video. Worry not, because the clear is the exact same save for the DK recruitment line and feathers.

While not apparent at first glance this team has a theme going for it. The idea is the following:

The recently graduated officer Hilda has been tasked to take care of a certain group that calls themselves "Team Skull, FE edition". Has everyone knows, she's plenty capable skillwise but her attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Hence some veteran officers were tasked to an eye on Hilda so she couldn't escape her duties. While very serious about their job, Hilda's superiors were quite the eccentric bunch, with veteran officer Eirika thinking using a Christmas outfit was the best way to go undercover despite being summer. Ryoma was supposed to go on a vacation but he got called while in the middle of trying an appropiate outfit for the Hot Springs he was meant to go to. Officer Mordecai tends to work in interrogations most of the time thanks to his build which allows others to use him as an intimidation tool, despite this he's a kind soul that doesn't like to see anyone get harmed and as such he just offers support while avoiding any sort of conflict. 

That being said, for the next clear using this team I'll make sure to put the sunglasses and the other officer cap on the other 3 so the theme becomes more apparent. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

That was great! Just 2 turns and the map was basically cleared. Ike and Frederick certainly have some good synergy going and Robin taking 0 dmg from the red mage was something I didn't expect. 

Glad to hear that even though that lag issue happened. lol And Robin taking 0 from the red mage was not really a surprise to me, she has 32 Res with Fury 3 and Elincia was close enough to buff her with Drive Res, which brings it to 35. Not an insanely high Res stat, but still decently high, and then add it to Robin having color advantage here, yeah.

Also, notice Death Knight's own Fury worked in my favor here. It brought him down to just enough HP for Robin to kill him without having to eat a counterattack. ;D Was glad I noticed!

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Few time due vacation, so only muted video, few short replys and a lazy solution (2/3 EP, no theme). 

Heh, lucky for you that you have the team flexibility to be lazy.

Nice job! F!Tiki was a wall of destruction on the EP.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I consider this clear the beginning of a new legend in the making. I wish I could've used the first clear I got but I messed up by trying to up the volume of my phone and that got recorded too so I had to make another video. Worry not, because the clear is the exact same save for the DK recruitment line and feathers.

While not apparent at first glance this team has a theme going for it. The idea is the following:

The recently graduated officer Hilda has been tasked to take care of a certain group that calls themselves "Team Skull, FE edition". Has everyone knows, she's plenty capable skillwise but her attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Hence some veteran officers were tasked to an eye on Hilda so she couldn't escape her duties. While very serious about their job, Hilda's superiors were quite the eccentric bunch, with veteran officer Eirika thinking using a Christmas outfit was the best way to go undercover despite being summer. Ryoma was supposed to go on a vacation but he got called while in the middle of trying an appropiate outfit for the Hot Springs he was meant to go to. Officer Mordecai tends to work in interrogations most of the time thanks to his build which allows others to use him as an intimidation tool, despite this he's a kind soul that doesn't like to see anyone get harmed and as such he just offers support while avoiding any sort of conflict. 

That being said, for the next clear using this team I'll make sure to put the sunglasses and the other officer cap on the other 3 so the theme becomes more apparent. 

Congratulations! Heh, seems Eirika  isn't the only one who can solo maps.

Interesting story behind the team there. I've been mulling over some other story based themes for a while, but the flier squad always got top priority for resources...but maybe now that 2(surprise!) of them are fully invested, I'll have more resources for some oddball ideas.

With replies out of the way....

@Landmaster @Sasori @daisy jane @Nanima

With all the walls I was worried this one was going to wind up impossible...but surprisingly it wasn't that tough to figure out. Though the current clear working was a bit of a surprise, I was just experimenting with different skill combinations and wasn't quite expecting Morgan to sweep like she did. Somewhat of a throwback to the Klein and Clarine clear, in a way.

(Also, Caeda joined the +10 squad, huzzah!)

The power trio once again blew through Infernal. with L!Lucina's help.

• Turn 2, Julia annihilated the wyvern, then L!Lucina Future-Visioned her way to take the sword cavalier. The bow cavalier mostly killed himself on L!Lucina.
  • Turn 3, Julia took out the Death Knight, L!Lucina finished off the bow cavalier, and L!Ike got Repositioned in to take out the mages.

Nice and easy.

Nothing too Special, I forgot this was coming today, so I didn't have a theme team in mind~

Took a bit of Skill switching but nothing too hard~

17 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah, nice, a Kronya and she looks like she’s been well fed. Really impressive clear!

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You have no sound and you’ve disappointed me

Nowi solo'd this more easily than mine I would have thought, and Laevatein usually just eats maps like these but Charming Deer Boy actually did most of the work, nice!~ Treating your House Leader well~

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Death Knight in one turn:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sorry for the spoiler in the middle of my response, mobile UI doesn't let me do what I want. 

I hope you feel better and are healthy again. I like your dumb shit, that's one sick Kronya! Will you +10 her? 

No chance for that skinny Knight against Tiki and Laev (with a little help of Claude). Congrats! 

You have no sound and you’ve disappointed me [2]

Fallen Baby Tiki! I didn’t know you had her (or I forgot). Very enemy phased one-turn, nice, she’s super strong

This is my first ever clear so fire away at what could have been better or not XD

Grima made short work of them all XD my fave grouchy dragon really pulled through this map, plus Morgan got some minor shenanigans while he was at it XD take that you +Spd Morgan supremacists!!! 😄 lol jk guys~!