Grand Hero Battle: Death Knight

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

The twins do it again! Julius swatted the right side pretty easily. Spd Julia sure is something, seeing her double makes me smile.

I admit I had my reservations when ultimately deciding on +Spd over the more conventional +Atk or +Res options, but I don't regret it one bit.  The superboon has proven quite useful for these kind of clears.

Yeah this is late but I'm really proud I made this theme team work. The Black Knight emblem returns as they face the new masked antagonist, testing to if the title is just for show. It's the Black Knights vs the Death Knight!

Oh wow, I actually saw this while I was browsing through reddit earlier thinking it looked interesting, but neglected to watch as I was short on time.  Funny to see it pop up again when I log in here. =P  You already went into detail on strategy and thresholds that needed to be hit, but seeing it in action is impressive.  No wasted movement, and a lot of clever tricks like blocking the Firesweep Cavalier by using Ares's inability to one-round the Axe flier to your advantage.  Seeing him then nearly one-round the Death Knight took me by surprise.  Well done!  

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas Thanks! I liked your Black Knight themed team video. Especially at the end when Black Knight's quote came up when he attacked the remaining enemy.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, mampfoid said:

Thanks!

I like your fallen theme. Your tiki is so cool, I wish I could use her in AB (but I need to use Alm as my only pair-up hero for scoring reasons).

That's sad to hear. Though, I am also in the same position since I also only have Alm to score well with for AB and there are people on my friend's list with good builds for Fallen Corrin and Legendary Robin that I would like to use. Oh well, there is always Rivals Domain and Grand Conquest (though who knows when the next Grand Conquest event will happen).

On 8/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, Zeo said:

First there's Matt. There's... really nothing to say about this one, it speaks for itself. It did give me a chance to use a rather fitting theme for the clear however, one I've been waiting to use since Matt got his refine. I think you'll be able to understand why it applies here. Rebel  1: Action.

No big deal for Matthew, no skull mask can scare him away from his trophy. 

For now enjoy the most intricate clear of the bunch, but it still goes by fast.

That one looked far more difficult and the zero damage of boss DK against 1 HP Amelia just looked cool. Also the final 3 dmg kill against the 1 HP mage. 

I can understand your struggle finding the right A-skill for Amelia. It's even more annoying when a new unit comes without A-skill these days. Good and up-to-date A-skills are expensive. 

For our third clear we have our newest Serra team take on the map and it's almost just as much of a wipe for her squad as it was for Matt's. Fae just sits there and... just watch. I could picture Serra laughing during most of this battle. 

Looks like Fae could have solo'd this map without big problems. Serra found a much better servant friend in her than Erk. 

A slayer that calls himself the Death Knight, true to his name, he nothing but desolation in his wake. As he takes a brief respite from his path of destruction, souls of long dead warriors arise to take siege upon his fortress, eager to purge the land of this false grim reaper, and lead him down the path of the afterlife. To the home of the true grim reaper. Judgement calls, and they have arisen to see it fulfilled.

Ohhh, it hurts me to skip this one, since I love the theme. But I plan to play a lot of FE titles in the future. Perhaps you give a hint which games are concerned? 

On 8/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Hope you're enjoying your holiday! That's a lot of dragons (ironic considering L!Roy's C skill..). F!Tiki is crazy, and no one could touch her in the defense tile. Roy just did his thing on the right, that side is really week to a red unit.

I did, thanks! 

No idea why L!Roy (only Roy I'm missing) got this strange C-skill. 

Yeah this is late but I'm really proud I made this theme team work. The Black Knight emblem returns as they face the new masked antagonist, testing to if the title is just for show. It's the Black Knights vs the Death Knight!

Welcome back black knights! Does DK also qualify as a BK? Didn't play 3H yet. 

I really like Zeglius' powder skill, I wish we could have this on more armors. Cool Ares action! 

Now for a bonus video- this actually came first before I figured out the BK vs DK showdown. This was a (mostly) 3H spotlight video with a semi-Golden Deer touch (inspired by @NegativeExponents- ) with Sonya substituting as Lorenz for hair similarities. Oh and I guess they were tasked in helping BK have a showdown.

I want a Hilda now ... even if I'm not even using Edelgard. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Oh well, there is always Rivals Domain and Grand Conquest (though who knows when the next Grand Conquest event will happen).

To be honest, I'm lazy in those modes, auto'ing everything and never updated my FL since GC launched. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Ohhh, it hurts me to skip this one, since I love the theme. But I plan to play a lot of FE titles in the future. Perhaps you give a hint which games are concerned? 

Oh sure. There's a FEH unit or so in there so that's no spoiler for you. Then it's a very mild (mostly insignificant, but you could still care) spoiler for FE6-7 and a more moderate (but still insignificant) spoiler for FE4-5. You could know the information already, but I can't say.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:25 AM, Zeo said:

I'm late, but not as late as with Kronya. It's cause it's the weekend, the only time I really get to do this.

@Landmaster Not the biggest fan of cutesy characters but they put in the work here. I was expecting mostly a Nowi tankfest for some reason but the team came in after the first turn and completely changed the dynamic of the clear. Elise's damage surprised me getting nearly an exact kill on the cav. Your choice to warp in with H!Nowi was an eyebrow raiser for me and I cringed when she ate DK's AoE special. I didn't see how she was going to survive the EP even being blocked off from DK, that was when I realized it completely went over my head that she had CC+Vantage. Definitely not a unit you'd expect to see that combination of skills! Turns out she can handle herself well. Then S!Elise comes in at the end and casually finishes off DK for the luls. Good stuff.

I considered skipping this one mostly like Kronya, but I thought it was a good chance after all the challenging maps to just roflstomp for a change. And given it was a new map with a more interesting layout than Kronya, it felt more worth it. It also gave me a chance to explore a special theme that's never come to mind before. There's 4 clears here, but don't get the wrong idea. This is nothing like Sothis, these clears go by fast and the entire process of recording and uploading them all together is probably around 1-2 hours which is pretty fast. The recordings were lightning and viewing the clears will be quick, so enjoy a much shorter collection this time around.

First there's Matt. There's... really nothing to say about this one, it speaks for itself. It did give me a chance to use a rather fitting theme for the clear however, one I've been waiting to use since Matt got his refine. I think you'll be able to understand why it applies here. Rebel  1: Action.

Morgan had the hardest time with the map out of everyone. The clears were a 1-5 minute job for each of the other teams. Morgan's took about 20. I played around with how I was going to approach the map when a direct approach wasn't working. In fitting puzzle fashion the key was utilizing Amelia as a warp-wall and working Morgan's buffs to shift the tide of the battle in her favor. The more I use her, the more I see Amelia's squandered potential as a unit in my army. WoM is a great skill, but Amelia has virtually no A skill right now. Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Fortress DEF/RES, Fierce Stance, Distant Counter, Swift Sparrow. I have fodder for all of these skills and yet she runs Darting Blow 3 or DEF +3 most of the time. We need to fix that soon. For now enjoy the most intricate clear of the bunch, but it still goes by fast.

For our third clear we have our newest Serra team take on the map and it's almost just as much of a wipe for her squad as it was for Matt's. Fae just sits there and... just watch. I could picture Serra laughing during most of this battle. 

For our final clear we explore a rather morbid theme. Heroes and Villains long since past. To avoid general FE SPOILERS if you care, the theme of this clear is heroes (and villains) that have died in the FE Universe. It was a rather tricky clear to pull off as most of my units are living characters, but then I thought of a certain green unit that certainly cheapened the feel of the clear for me, but he certainly counted and allowed for a rather dominant performance fitting of powerful warriors rising from the grave to battle once more.

A slayer that calls himself the Death Knight, true to his name, he nothing but desolation in his wake. As he takes a brief respite from his path of destruction, souls of long dead warriors arise to take siege upon his fortress, eager to purge the land of this false grim reaper, and lead him down the path of the afterlife. To the home of the true grim reaper. Judgement calls, and they have arisen to see it fulfilled.

That's all, folks.

Getting HS!Elise to one-shot the cav was pretty much the hardest aspect besides getting H!Nowi enough damage to kill the Axe Dragon~ Only too a bit of toying around to get it done~ CC Vantage H!Nowi has come in handy quite a few times~

Will never tire of seeing Matt pull off these huge numbers. Clearly no skin off his bones on this one~ And Ayra got a nice kill in there, too~

Wasn’t expecting Morgan to go ham right off the bat~ That was pretty cool~ Also wasn’t really expecting Ninian to eat a Brave Bow, very impressive. Will definitely be nice to see Amelia get a nice new A Skill at some point~ For now, she does fine holding the fort down against two mages and Death Knight himself. That last Red mage seemed to be quite a nuisance, but Amelia still got the job done.

Seeing Fae sit in a Def tile and eat everything has never really been boring. But it was nice that Serra still got in her fun on the side.

Ahh fun Surtr times~  Seems Karla just threw him out as a sitting duck to draw everyone out while they came out and blew everyone back before anyone knew what hit them~

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Oh sure. There's a FEH unit or so in there so that's no spoiler for you. Then it's a very mild (mostly insignificant, but you could still care) spoiler for FE6-7 and a more moderate (but still insignificant) spoiler for FE4-5. You could know the information already, but I can't say.

Ok, Heroes is no big deal of course. I'll risk the others (didn't know they died, but no problem). 

Interesting team, with Surtrs special skill coming to great effect. GF is always welcome and DK can't resist the meta of 2017 (such a shame, DK could have been really cool). 

Glad I watched this one in the end. 

On 8/20/2019 at 8:30 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Nowi sure tanked a lot in that defensive tile room while dagger Elise sniped things from afar. Vantage Witchnowi was a surprise, you scared me at first with her flying in front of the axe flier but hey CC sures does wonders!

Team is +1 neutral Black Knight, neutral Camus, +Atk +1 Ares and +Atk/-Spd Zelgius.

Music is Against the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

-Actually kind of a tricky clear with having 2 armours and 3/4 of the team being red against a blue GHB unit. Clear MVP though was Ares, I managed to free summon a +Atk one (4 star) on his daily banner rerun to replace my +HP one, and boy what a difference that made. Normally I do Brazen + Vantage but I had to be really offensive with this one so I went the other way- a more player phase AoE route. Not having DC is kind of tricky since I had to make sure he would survive the ranged onslaught, so the team had to be super offensive before the mages could obliterate him (even then, Brazen Atk/Res helped manipulate the AI).

-Zelgius's Warp Powder shows its usefulness as the Brave Bow archer was threatening the team with its special (tried giving Ares Guard but didn't work). His Chill Spd was also very important so Ares wouldn't get doubled by the mages (thank goodness they had the same Spd stat!). 

-QP on Black Knight was mostly for style points so I could finish the map with a Black Luna. Still, his Threaten Def and chip damage on DK (thank goodness for Fury recoil) helped set up Ares's AoE bomb.

---

Now for a bonus video- this actually came first before I figured out the BK vs DK showdown. This was a (mostly) 3H spotlight video with a semi-Golden Deer touch (inspired by @NegativeExponents- ) with Sonya substituting as Lorenz for hair similarities. Oh and I guess they were tasked in helping BK have a showdown.

Team is +Res/-Def Hilda, neutral Male Byleth, +HP/-Atk Sonya and neutral Black Knight +1.

Music is Destruction Maniac from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

- Hilda's flexibility shows here, she can be an offensive powerhouse, deleting the Death Knight, or provide support with Def Opening making the BK more of a juggernaut as he flexed on the right side.

-Fun fact, I considered replacing BK with Dancer Micaiah as Lysithea (white hair, anti-cav magic, great support with Dance being close to Warp) but then mostly became a Byleth and Hilda show. Lorenz!Sonya was pretty much just Draw Back/Ploy bot.

CC Vantage on unexpected units is always fun~

BK has quite the balls to take on Death Knight head on. Blazing Thunder on Ares is really cool. Really impressive taking this on with mostly Red units but they were hardly phased. Very impressive~

Some new faces! Oh but BK still kills everyone and intimidates the Axe Dragon into doing nothing but rallying his useless friend. Still fun to see BK is still this good even today~

All this time I had like maybe half of a post saved in the editor somehow, but I just never got around to actually posting. It's not necro if it's only a week ago maybe

@mampfoid Poor Death Knight didn't stand a chance against a dragon... I might +10 Kronya, I have nothing better to do with Grails now anyway. That or maybe WCecilia.

@LordFrigid "Iiiiiit's time" never gets old.

@Landmaster Your "not theme team" team looks a lot like a theme team to me... I was a bit worried watching Nowi do 0x2 to Death Knight, but she did a good job of just keeping him stalled.

@Alexmender Did you manage to get that extra Hilda?

@Zeo Unlike Matthew, Kronya probably won't be super good in every Hero Battle, but when she does work she's hilarious. Nice work clearing with Morgan too, despite Death Knight's gimmick and colour basically hard countering him.

@mcsilas Will Death Knight be joining the ranks of the Dark Knights? It's been a while since I've seen Camus.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Poor Death Knight didn't stand a chance against a dragon... I might +10 Kronya, I have nothing better to do with Grails now anyway. That or maybe WCecilia.

Necro rule doesn't apply in the new subforum. 

Both seem to be a good choice. 

I'm too hesitant using grails, it's too much of a pain getting many of them. Not merging a Grail unit before arriving to ~4k grails. 

• 7 months later...

OH BOY HERE I GO KILLING DEATH AGAIN

Askrtrio cleared with M!Morgan. Took 3 turns and Anna 1-rounded.

DK (4*) cleared with Reinhardt, L!Leif and Python in 2 turns. Python needed Noontime so that he only brought DK low enough for himself to kill him.

Armour cleared with Chrissa, Santa Robin, Tharmas and Marth + Elice. This took 4 turns because I just could not get my units in the right place to kill the lot.

Edit: I would have used Lysithea. If I had one.

Edited by Dayni

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Team Rezzy takes out the Death Knight @Anacybele@Nym@TheSilentChloey@Landmaster@mcsilas@Zeo @mampfoid plus anybody else that might be interested

Nice job! 😮 You should go for Bunny Est though, Rezzy. I'm sure you've been waiting for her and she'd probably make your team better because of course, she surely powercreeps normal Est.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nice job! 😮 You should go for Bunny Est though, Rezzy. I'm sure you've been waiting for her and she'd probably make your team better because of course, she surely powercreeps normal Est.

I could try doing an all seasonal family clear sometime.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can’t really speak for if Rezzy wants the Est alt, but the Ests cant’s really be compared. The weapon types are so different so they fill completely different roles. Better comparisons for base Est are Catria and Cordelia, while summer Camilla, summer Laegjarn, F!Morgan and summer Corrin are better comparisons for spring est. She is better than most, and more of a sidegrade to Summer Laegjarn, both are good units, but held back by merge accessibility.

Regular Est however is still one of the best Lance fliers and especially one of the best armour killers. With her weapon it isn’t uncommon for me to se her quad green armours like surtr for 70 dmg every hit. And since she has a brave effect she can still double wary fighter armours.

Don’t sleep on Est (or catria for that matter), they are incredibly strong and relevant meta units in some game modes. Rokke sieges especially is trivialised by them, but they also work in AR on defense or offense.

Palla is also good, but a lot less flexible because of the TA effect. Vs axes she dominates, but Catria and Est can usually duke it out with every weapon type. Palla is just a bit more niche. She is a great B!Ike check though, quadding with TA is a nightmare for him.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Went with a couple clears again~

Elises first~

Sakura got a kill for @SatsumaFSoysoy

Then some Three Houses

Just needed Drive Atk on Lysithea and Byleth to not buff Dimitri and trigger DK's NFU~

And some Miwabe Lolis~

Featuring our newest Miwabe Sakura unit, Sophia, making her debut~ Needed some tweaking of Mist's and Est's Seals, but otherwise pretty straightforward~

7 hours ago, Maaka said:

Bartre and bunny Bartre take down the Death Knight with a bit of support from Peony. Went about this the most complicated way as I could, but it was nice watching bunny Bartre slaughter the Death Knight.

Hide contents

Bartre taking down Red units like it’s nothing. Peony eating Brave Bows like it’s nothing. Bunny Bartre devouring Death Knight like it’s nothing. What kind of otherworldly team is this?

@Rezzy Ayyyee, we both used Est~ Funny seeing Titania take 0 damage from a Red Mage~

Edited by Landmaster

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

I can’t really speak for if Rezzy wants the Est alt, but the Ests cant’s really be compared. The weapon types are so different so they fill completely different roles. Better comparisons for base Est are Catria and Cordelia, while summer Camilla, summer Laegjarn, F!Morgan and summer Corrin are better comparisons for spring est. She is better than most, and more of a sidegrade to Summer Laegjarn, both are good units, but held back by merge accessibility.

Regular Est however is still one of the best Lance fliers and especially one of the best armour killers. With her weapon it isn’t uncommon for me to se her quad green armours like surtr for 70 dmg every hit. And since she has a brave effect she can still double wary fighter armours.

Don’t sleep on Est (or catria for that matter), they are incredibly strong and relevant meta units in some game modes. Rokke sieges especially is trivialised by them, but they also work in AR on defense or offense.

Palla is also good, but a lot less flexible because of the TA effect. Vs axes she dominates, but Catria and Est can usually duke it out with every weapon type. Palla is just a bit more niche. She is a great B!Ike check though, quadding with TA is a nightmare for him.

Well, I really meant that Bunny Est surely has better stats and uses, not that they were similar unit types.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I really meant that Bunny Est surely has better stats and uses, not that they were similar unit types.

Yes I understood that and that is why I explained why that is not really the case.

@mampfoid @Rezzy @Anacybele @Nym and whoever else wants the map trivialized, here is the Team Robin clear featuring Male and Female Grima:

And since things were so yawningly easy, Team Husbando had to get in on the action as well.  Really makes me wish Chrom had sudden panic...

Enjoy XD

All-armor clear for the bonus orbs?  Let's do this WITH STYLE.

Halloween Myrrh (no DC), Amelia, Christmas Ephraim, and Dozla were able to do it, somehow.  Ephraim needed the Distant Def seal so he'd survive the green mage.  This was in honor of me pulling another Amelia on a spring rerun banner.

@Diovani Bressan Heh, Saizo laughed at those enemies who thought defense tiles could save them.

@Maaka Double Bartre action! Peony barely survived but DC Bartre sure showed those enemies

@Rezzy Nice clear! Titania's a great buffing ally for Blade Leo, and I laughed how she tanked DK so effortlessly. Would've been funny if you had Gronnwolf on Robin to really overkill the DK heh

@Landmaster Ooo nice Sophia showcase! Mist taking the DK kill was nice to see. Dimitri shows the DK who is the better lance wielder (scythes as lances? bah he says). Annette also had a close call against the right side. Nice to see Sakura get a kill in the Elise videos. Firesweep Sword scared Dagger Elise a little bit but she was fine. Also Gronnwolf against DK is so satisfying.

@Zeo @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane @BoaFerox @Ginko @DLNarshen

So Death Knight? Well, meet Death Emblem!

Team is neutral Death Knight, neutral Fallen Delthea, +Spd/-Def Eir and +Def/-Spd Thrasir

Music is Tragedy of Askr from Fire Emblem Heroes

- There's so much death here that Henry would be proud. Death Knight because duh, it's his name and GHB, Fallen Delthea for her Death Tome and double Death Blow, Eir is about Merciful Death while Thrasir works for Hel.

- Deathlea needed her Atk Wave and double Death Blow to secure the kill against the green flier. Then it was just coordinating attacks in the right order for the next turn, firstly having Eir attack one of the mages so she spreads Dagger 7 debuffs. This allowed Death Knight to double the Bow Knight and Thrasir to easily dispose of the imposter DK.

- Speaking of DK, a simple Sturdy Blow was needed so he can KO the red mage in the defense tile

----

Next is a team who also have disguises to protect their secret identities- it's Disguise Emblem

Team is neutral Masked Marth +10, neutral Death Knight, neutral Flame Emperor and neutral Black Knight +1

Music is Undercover from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

- 'Marth' needed double Brazen to handle the right side and handle the Brave Bow archer. Flame Emperor needed a simple Sturdy Blow with Lancebreaker to one round the Death Knight while BK needed Darting Stance to prevent being doubled.

---

Lastly, a more traditional 3H game clear, it's the Black Eagles and Blue Lions girls!

Team is +Atk +1 Edelgard, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Spd/-Def Annette and +Spd +1 Mercedes

Music is The Shackled Wolves from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Annoyingly, DK's Scythe prevents Edelgard from doubling him so I had to use Annette's Rally + Ruse combo so Edelgard can ORKO the red mage ASAP. Fierce Stance and Bernie's Drive Atk is so she can deal the DK in one shot. 

- Unfortunately even with Wrathful Mercie couldn't deal any damage to the DK so she just cheered for support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

I did a new Death Knight video, using Saizo.

Saizo with his legion of steroids is always amusing but Vantage Bonfire on DK was great, he didn’t even get a chance, LOL~

On 4/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, mcsilas said:

So Death Knight? Well, meet Death Emblem!

Team is neutral Death Knight, neutral Fallen Delthea, +Spd/-Def Eir and +Def/-Spd Thrasir

Music is Tragedy of Askr from Fire Emblem Heroes

- There's so much death here that Henry would be proud. Death Knight because duh, it's his name and GHB, Fallen Delthea for her Death Tome and double Death Blow, Eir is about Merciful Death while Thrasir works for Hel.

- Deathlea needed her Atk Wave and double Death Blow to secure the kill against the green flier. Then it was just coordinating attacks in the right order for the next turn, firstly having Eir attack one of the mages so she spreads Dagger 7 debuffs. This allowed Death Knight to double the Bow Knight and Thrasir to easily dispose of the imposter DK.

- Speaking of DK, a simple Sturdy Blow was needed so he can KO the red mage in the defense tile

----

Next is a team who also have disguises to protect their secret identities- it's Disguise Emblem

Team is neutral Masked Marth +10, neutral Death Knight, neutral Flame Emperor and neutral Black Knight +1

Music is Undercover from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

- 'Marth' needed double Brazen to handle the right side and handle the Brave Bow archer. Flame Emperor needed a simple Sturdy Blow with Lancebreaker to one round the Death Knight while BK needed Darting Stance to prevent being doubled.

---

Lastly, a more traditional 3H game clear, it's the Black Eagles and Blue Lions girls!

Team is +Atk +1 Edelgard, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Spd/-Def Annette and +Spd +1 Mercedes

Music is The Shackled Wolves from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Annoyingly, DK's Scythe prevents Edelgard from doubling him so I had to use Annette's Rally + Ruse combo so Edelgard can ORKO the red mage ASAP. Fierce Stance and Bernie's Drive Atk is so she can deal the DK in one shot. 

- Unfortunately even with Wrathful Mercie couldn't deal any damage to the DK so she just cheered for support.

Ah Team Death, very noice~ They definitely felt like a group of assassins with how effective they were at sniping almost everyone down in a single turn~

Black Knight should really have a demon voice. This bunch got beat up a lot but didn’t end up hindering them in the long run

And our 3H ladies are back~ Edelgard on a Def tile is pretty much a sure loss for DK and his goons, she did prevail indeed~

• 2 years later...