"Who do you get to kill" topic (spoilers)

timon

5 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

You're not a alone! I've seen lost of other players experience this. You can only spare Claude if you attack him with Byleth. You can still kill him if you want to do though. As cruel as it is, it kinda makes sense to kill him for story context. But if any non-Byleth unit attacks and kills Claude, then yeah, it's instant for Claude

This is weird because I'm pretty sure I must have attacked him with both Byleth and Edelgard just so that I can see what dialogue they'd have.

My guess is that I attacked first with teach and then killed with Edelgard. 😞

Edited by Vince777

I was able to recruit Lorenz in the BL run during the mission you also fight Ferdinand and Ladislava. I specifically defeated him with Byleth, and I had to option to spare him. 

Scoring the kill with Byleth is the only method to open the option to recruit in battle, it seems. 

On 8/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, Vince777 said:

This is weird because I'm pretty sure I must have attacked him with both Byleth and Edelgard just so that I can see what dialogue they'd have.

My guess is that I attacked first with teach and then killed with Edelgard. 😞

I exclusively fought Claude with Edelgard (I like to use the lords to fight the lords, it seems appropriate) and got the option to spare.

Gd:

Chapter 15: Ashe (Recruitable if recruited academy phase)

Chapter 16: Ferdinand 

Chapter 17: Edelgard(Retreats), Hubert(Retreats), Petra(Retreats), Bernadetta, Felix, Ingrid, Sylvain, Mercedes, Dedue(Retreats), Dimitri(Retreats but dies offscreen)

Chapter 18: Caspar and Linhardt

Chapter 19: Hubert

Chapter 20: Edelgard, Petra and Dorothea (I Believe Dedue can die as a green unit)

So only Annette and maybe Dedue survive