Can you recruit Gilbert before the war starts?

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

...So Annette's paralogue is just unavailable outside of BL?

I believe that’s correct? You need a C-support between Annette and Gilbert to unlock the paralogue, so maybe if you get that before the time-skip, it’ll still appear even if you don’t get Gilbert? (The paralogue would not make sense on Edelgard's route, but maybe it might be available on Golden Deer/Church if you get that C-support?)

Edited by Moonlit Knight

25 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

I believe that’s correct? You need a C-support between Annette and Gilbert to unlock the paralogue, so maybe if you get that before the time-skip, it’ll still appear even if you don’t get Gilbert? (The paralogue would not make sense on Edelgard's route, but maybe it might be available on Golden Deer/Church if you get that C-support?)

Locking her out of her Prf in 3/4 routes would be extremely sad.

45 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

...So Annette's paralogue is just unavailable outside of BL?

I'm 90% sure that's the case because I didn't unlock her paralogue on the GD route. Maybe you can get it if you reach a C-rank with Gilbert before the skip but I didn't pay too attention to that.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Locking her out of her Prf in 3/4 routes would be extremely sad.

tbf this happens to some others as well. Felix never gets the Sword fo Moralta outside of BL because you get it by talking with Rodrigue.