Help with Golden Deer's final boss (spoilers)

Spectrum

So how tf do u kill nemesis? Gambits don't do more than 7 dmg to him. He one-shots my units and doubles my tanks. How is this possible? All of my units can hit him, but 0-5 dmg. This is absurd. Any ideas how to beat him?

Did you take out all 10 of the legendary heroes or however they're called? That should make it possible.

If yes, then you really just need to gang up on him. Make sure everyone is ready to do chip damage, and use them all in the right order. Don't be afraid to turn back time to try out different orders. In my playthrough, I found Hilda, Claude, and Lysithea to be the most effective hitters against him. I had at least 6-8 units hit him in the same turn. 

(I guess I should also ask, which difficulty are you on..?)

According to one of his abilities he presumably negates damage from every other attacker, or at least my fliers weren't doing crap to him so I did chip damage over a couple turns with Felix and Byleth and just using my fliers and canto units that can take a hit to trigger his ability's negate effect and then swap in the other chipper and healing them back to full after each round. Mages in general can do more damage to him such as Lysithea capable of nuking like 45% of his health, but in most scenarios he's probably gonna yeet them in one go so they are only really good for doing the final blow.

15 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Did you take out all 10 of the legendary heroes or however they're called? That should make it possible.

If yes, then you really just need to gang up on him. Make sure everyone is ready to do chip damage, and use them all in the right order. Don't be afraid to turn back time to try out different orders. In my playthrough, I found Hilda, Claude, and Lysithea to be the most effective hitters against him. I had at least 6-8 units hit him in the same turn. 

(I guess I should also ask, which difficulty are you on..?)

I was doing Hard/Classic. I tried to avoid Divine Pulse as much as possible, but I did what you said. I used 1 gambit to make him move the next turn and attack one of my Great Knights. Then, I used all of my units' gambits to lower his hp, and my fliers did 15 dmg at most. When he was at like 60 or 50 hp, I gave Lysithea an accuracy ring from convoy and moved her close to my other units so she hits him for 60 I think. Now he's dead finally. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Kanethedragon said:

According to one of his abilities he presumably negates damage from every other attacker, or at least my fliers weren't doing crap to him so I did chip damage over a couple turns with Felix and Byleth and just using my fliers and canto units that can take a hit to trigger his ability's negate effect and then swap in the other chipper and healing them back to full after each round. Mages in general can do more damage to him such as Lysithea capable of nuking like 45% of his health, but in most scenarios he's probably gonna yeet them in one go so they are only really good for doing the final blow.

Yeah, I decided to gang up on him and let Lysithea nuke him and it worked. I was just taken back by the 0-5 dmg in the beginning.

I was actually considering making a thread or asking in the Questions thread how people dealt with this guy to see if I missed something. His stats are nuts. He had the damage to one round all of my units except for Claude. But everything else in the map, including the 10 Elites went down extremely easy so this difficulty spike felt really unnatural. To get him off the throne, I just let him attack and kill Manuela, who was just there as backup healer. From there I tried a gambit or two for some single digit damage as I played with divine pulses to see if Claude could nail a crit. He never got that crit, but Byleth managed a Sublime Heaven while dodging the fatal counterattack which was a solid 30. And somewhere in all my finagling I got him below the amount of damage Lysithea could deal with Luna - about 60 HP.

I also remember trying to debuff his defense with break shot. Straight up didn't work. What's up with this guy? It's especially strange given how pathetic all the other enemies were.

First, I got him to move off the throne with a gambit from Petra, my main flyer (so that she could move out of the way). I then blocked him in with the rocks so that he could only attack Claude or Byleth, then I chipped away at him with the characters that could actually survive a round of combat. Then, as everyone else said, Lysithea + Luna FTW.

I actually found him the weakest of all final bosses, since he had no shields or range attacks unlike Rhea.

After holding off their initial attacks, I occupied both artillery in the center map wiped all all 10 elites. Then I used Gambits to lower his health to about half, finally sending in Byleth, using Sword of Creator and Combat Art, one hit KO him. (My Byleth was lv55 at this point)

Edited by Timlugia

• 6 months later...

I applied 5 steps to kill nemesis.

1/ clear all map except nemesis. Move all people around him.

2/ control claude to take a bow in the center and force nemesis out of his position.

3/ rally defend for raphael, move others out of nemesis, but force him to attack only raphael.

4/ raphael will survive after nemesis attack because his def is very high. Heal him and use raphael's combat art to heal himself. Goal is to destroy his sword

5/ after destroy nemesis's sword, i play with him as long as I like. Without sword he just make 25 30 damage per turn.

Edited by Thang