General bug tracking thread

I will preface by saying that given that updates are planned for three houses it is in our best intrest to take note of any bugs present in three houses and confirm them where possible, a bug is much more likely to be fixed when it is documented and well known.

For the first bug I have encountered personally, the fortify spell seems to cause crashes, the given circumstances behind my encounter of the bug had flayn as a dancer using fortify in the paralogue eternal guardian, this happened twice, I can confirm that healing in general worked fine including physic, other AOEs did not result in crashes this included meteor, gambits, and restore so I believe it is a problem with the one spell. This is still being investigated, please let me know if you encounter this yourself.

Another bug to document is weird issues with the physics engine, I will not claim that they are at all distracting, but if they can be fixed that would be beneficial. It appears to be caused by the game interpreting camera movements as movement in general causing parts of some character models to move, again, no real issue, just odd and notable I have some clips saved and can upload them if there is demand.

List of bugs

Spoiler

Fortify causes crashes under some circumstances (unresolved, likely caused by having desperation equipped when fortify is used)

Weird physics (unresolved)

critical cut-ins may repeat (appears to be infinite) (unresolved, cause unknown)

load times during exploration could be better (not a bug, but it is worth noting)

map transitions may not work (unconfirmed, solution known (press start if the game gets hung up))

holy tomb may lock dimitri c support (unconfirmed)

using a gambit to break walls and breaking a monster's armor at the same time crashes the game(unresolved)

notable lag post timeskip(unresolved)

fast travel may allow clipping through terrain to occur(unconfirmed)

some music is only unlockable in certain languages(unconfirmed)

Feel free to mention or PM me to get something added to the tracker, I tend to forget stuff easily and may still be playing three houses so the time I will likely allocate to bug tracking is minimal unfortunately. 

I would also like it if we could test the bugs after the next update just to check what has been fixed.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a weird bug with the gate to the cathedral. Sometimes it just doesn't open...until you turn the camera around. When you turn it back, the gate is open.

This happens with some other doors, but with the cathedral it is consistent - weirdly, sometimes turning the camera doesn't work with the doors.

Edited by De Geso

5 minutes ago, De Geso said:

There's a weird bug with the gate to the cathedral. Sometimes it just doesn't open...until you turn the camera around. When you turn it back, the gate is open.

This happens with some other doors, but with the cathedral it is consistent - weirdly, sometimes turning the camera doesn't work with the doors.

Yeah, it's the game's loading method. They use the doors to block locations that haven't loaded yet, but it creates the illusion that some doors can't be opened.

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Magic users can't use gauntlets, despite being infantry.

This one might not be a glitch. I think it's just something that was they forgot to mention during the pre-release infos. (but then again Byleth's personal master class can use both, so who knows?)

Edited by Modirufa6317

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Magic users can't use gauntlets, despite being infantry.

Dancers, Byleth’s special class, and Mortal Savant can all use gauntlets.

Basically, any class that specializes in both magic and a weapon can use gauntlets. Classes that only specialize in magic cannot. I don’t know if that is a glitch though.

Another thing about which I'm not sure if it's a glitch : while it seems  that the worst level ups in this game cannot be less than 2 stats up, rarely some characters may get only 1 stat up or even NONE.

So far, it only happened with pre-promotes characters, so it might be intentional, but I can't remember any FE games that had this no-stat-increase-stuff ever happening.

Edited by Modirufa6317

14 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Uh, how about this one?

I’ve had something similar to this issue happen with me. My unit had a follow-up attack, but they were just staring at the enemy... I pressed [Start] and that seemed to work.

Going to the holy tome to get items during the Lonato rebellion will cause you to be locked out of dimitri c support. I don’t know if this is cosmetic or not but I’m not willing to keep testing. Obviously this is new game plus

Edited by iavasechui

6 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Another thing about which I'm not sure if it's a glitch : while it seems  that the worst level ups in this game cannot be less than 2 stats up, rarely some characters may get only 1 stat up or even NONE.

So far, it only happened with pre-promotes characters, so it might be intentional, but I can't remember any FE games that had this no-stat-increase-stuff ever happening.

most fire emblems did not have a base number of stat ups per level, I am unaware of any that did that actually, more recently growths have seen increases compared to most old FEs however, I recall nowi in awakening having a 120% hp growth.

5 hours ago, iavasechui said:

Going to the holy tome to get items during the Lonato rebellion will cause you to be locked out of dimitri c support. I don’t know if this is cosmetic or not but I’m not willing to keep testing. Obviously this is new game plus

it may be that you haven't reached the point in which you would be able to see the conversation, most or all the byleth supports are time sensitive and can be missed if you never check, they may also require some waiting beforehand, you can check if you missed it by selecting the support and it will tell you if you missed it or not.

25 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Is it just me who finds it bad that the dialogues are playing before the portraits have loaded in sometimes?

It's bad but I think I'd find it'd probably be worse to have a long delay between lines, as I have the dialogue on auto-advance. The fake interrupts are bad enough as it is. I wonder if a new, more powerful revision of the Switch would help here.

Admittedly I often look away from the screen during things like support conversations because their animation engine is so bad that there's nothing worth looking at. In combination with the horrible way the game does overlays on the battle map for things like HP bars and gambit indicators, it does feel like Koei Tecmo's technology is somewhat outdated and/or poorly optimised.

Edited by Humanoid

11 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

most fire emblems did not have a base number of stat ups per level, I am unaware of any that did that actually, more recently growths have seen increases compared to most old FEs however, I recall nowi in awakening having a 120% hp growth.

it may be that you haven't reached the point in which you would be able to see the conversation, most or all the byleth supports are time sensitive and can be missed if you never check, they may also require some waiting beforehand, you can check if you missed it by selecting the support and it will tell you if you missed it or not.

Before entering holy tomb to get items ng+ it said wait some time as soon as I was in there it said missed chance to get it. Before chapter 3 no issue during chapter three I could not get my free items without losing support with dimitri until I got his support the following month.

Edited by iavasechui

10 hours ago, iavasechui said:

Before entering holy tomb to get items ng+ it said wait some time as soon as I was in there it said missed chance to get it. Before chapter 3 no issue during chapter three I could not get my free items without losing support with dimitri until I got his support the following month.

that is incredibly odd

late part 1 spoilers

Spoiler

my guess is that the game is assuming that you are in the chapter where you enter the holy tomb for the first time, maybe the assets don't load before the dimitri freak out which I think would cause it to be too late.

speculation aside, this is strange and if anyone else encounters this let me know.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, Modirufa6317 said:

Nah, I've gotten a zero in this game. Ashe got it.

And all games have had it be possible, it's just pretty rare.

I've had spells not appear in battle animations a couple times basically nothing comes out when they cast, they just sit there for a bit and then battle continues. (I think I was erratically using the speed up button both times) 

As for facility training you still get support points with those you train with, it's inefficient for support grinding sure but I think that rules out being able to use it at S+ as a glitch. 

Edited by goodperson707

17 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

I've had spells not appear in battle animations a couple times basically nothing comes out when they cast, they just sit there for a bit and then battle continues. (I think I was erratically using the speed up button both times) 

As for facility training you still get support points with those you train with, it's inefficient for support grinding sure but I think that rules out being able to use it at S+ as a glitch. 

It us also necessary to get byleth's hidden talent in faith in NG+ if you cap it with the logbook I realized.

There was a flying demonic beast hovering a square next to a breakable wall. With 2 squares of armour damaged and the rest broken.

Had flying unit claude use a 4 space long gambit to break the wall and the last armour of the flying monster. Apparently the game cannot handle that stack of events and hard crashes.

Thank Lysithea for the thumbnail ♡

Sometimes, the group task result will take an insanely long time to load.  I think it was the worst for me when I used a student that I recruited.