General bug tracking thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, eclipse said:

Sometimes, the group task result will take an insanely long time to load.  I think it was the worst for me when I used a student that I recruited.

I think you are referring to the post timeskip group tasks. And I think the problem is when they show up again in the monastery. I even experienced slowness during that manual instruction, because - if I have to bet - there were too many units around the table at the time, and the game tried to render the units who are also off screen.

42 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I think you are referring to the post timeskip group tasks. And I think the problem is when they show up again in the monastery. I even experienced slowness during that manual instruction, because - if I have to bet - there were too many units around the table at the time, and the game tried to render the units who are also off screen.

Post timeskip there's a LOT of frame drop while wandering around in the monastery as well, I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what else.

I haven't confirmed this myself, but I think people have found the cause of the Fortify crash.

It seems to happen if you use Fortify with the Desperation skill equipped.

If you would like to test this yourself, equip Desperation, go into a map, and then cast Fortify. Reload your save, unequip Desperation, and do the same thing. See if there is a difference.

14 hours ago, timon said:

Post timeskip there's a LOT of frame drop while wandering around in the monastery as well, I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what else.

Could this be also the reason why I find the main menu too slow? (lighting)

Anybody else have a problem where equipped combat arts suddenly aren't useable? I've had the same axe combat arts equipped on Cyril for a long while now but in the last map and maybe the one before that he couldn't use them. His weapons had plenty of durability but the game was acting like he didn't even have any arts equipped. Thoughts? Nevermind. I didn't remember that combat arts have their own range and don't just add to the weapon's range.

Edited by sunshinescj

I've encountered a bug that I can't find any information on ANYWHERE online, to the point where I'm considering if I'm just being stupid with it. Basically, at some point during chapter 5, I'd realised Mercedes (Blue Lions) wasn't in battle with me anymore and so I was shocked thinking I didn't realise she was killed in battle since I'm playing with permadeath. However, she is still in the monastery and can be spoken to, but doesn't appear in any battles or menus relating to roster/support. I can't teach her new skills or anything, it's like she's dead but still in the monastery! I'm sure she didn't die in battle and that it's some kind of a bug, she's just missing! 

Can't find anything online about any characters going missing but any help would be great as it's driving me nuts, I'm gonna end up being overpowered in battle due to a unit missing (and she was my healer!) 

3 hours ago, Yaseen said:

I've encountered a bug that I can't find any information on ANYWHERE online, to the point where I'm considering if I'm just being stupid with it. Basically, at some point during chapter 5, I'd realised Mercedes (Blue Lions) wasn't in battle with me anymore and so I was shocked thinking I didn't realise she was killed in battle since I'm playing with permadeath. However, she is still in the monastery and can be spoken to, but doesn't appear in any battles or menus relating to roster/support. I can't teach her new skills or anything, it's like she's dead but still in the monastery! I'm sure she didn't die in battle and that it's some kind of a bug, she's just missing! 

Can't find anything online about any characters going missing but any help would be great as it's driving me nuts, I'm gonna end up being overpowered in battle due to a unit missing (and she was my healer!) 

Characters that get killed in battle but are plot relevant don't "die" but instead become undeployable.

They're basically dead for gameplay purposes, but for story purposes the writers still need them alive.

Edited by Silly

Hi guys

I have this bug were my Switch completely freezes sometimes while playing the game, forcing a power cycle. Yesterday it happened to me twice at exactly the and of the map right after I killed the last boss and before appearing the MVP character on the screen, forcing me to redo the map, it also happened to me once on a loading during the week.

Right now it only happened in docked mode, and after at least 2/3hours of continuous playing

The weird thing is that I haven't found anyone else complaining about this, so maybe I'm the only one with this problem.

This is the only "heavy" game that I have from the e-shop and not in physical format, so maybe is a problem with my Memory Card.

Edited by bleachman

This game, more so than any other Fire Emblem game, is a technical mess.  I really hope IS releases some patches for this game in the future; I love this game, but sometimes the long (by Fire Emblem standards) load times, slowdowns and other general issues get to me.  As for more specific issues:

1.) In the Monastery, when you fast travel to a location and then immediately fast travel to another location, the game will occasionally fail to load the models for nearby NPCs.  You can still talk to them, but they'll be completely invisible.  Usually they'll load in after a while, although one time Rhea just refused to ever come back into existence.

2.) I have had the game crash on me twice; once was on Day One, and once was after playing the game for about 5 hours straight.  I've no idea if these crashes are a software or hardware issue, sadly.

3.) I've had the game soft-lock during a tournament.  The characters engaged in one round of combat and then they just stood around.  I had something similar happen in another tournament, but in that instance, after about 30 seconds, the game flashed black and then the next round of combat started.

4.) Two times, upon activating Divine Pulse, the game slowed to about 2-3 frames per second for about 10 seconds.  I've tried to replicate this one to capture on video, but every time I try to it works normally 😔.

5.) I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but during the Blue Lions battle at Gronder Field in Part 2, Edelgard eventually lights the central platform on fire.  Upon doing so, 1 of my 3 characters in the central area ended up stunned (as if hit by a Gambit), but the other 2 didn't.  If it matters, the 3 characters I had in the middle were Gremory Dorothea, Dimitri and Wyvern Lord Ingrid; Dorothea was the one that ended up stunned.  I don't know if it's supposed to stun them or isn't, but either way something seemed to go wrong.

6.) Again, this one may not be a glitch.  Monster/Beast/Golem A.I. behavior seems semi-random; sometimes I'll move a unit into the attack range, the line and attack preview will show that the enemy is going to attack them, and then, on Enemy Phase... they walk away.  They just wander off.  The first time I saw this was during the Rhea Paralogue, so I thought it was specific to that map (the battle mentions the generals controlling the Golems).  However, this has happened in at least 3 different battles now.

7.) Speaking of the attack indicator, it's not always accurate.  One time I had both Felix and Leonie in range of a mage, and the indicator said Felix would be attacked, but come Enemy Phase, the mage attacked Leonie.  This has happened in several other instances.

That's all for now, but I'll post more if/when I come across more.

It is possible for rescue to warp a unit to a space that is not adjacent to the caster. When this happens, it seems to put the rescued unit on the edge of the map. This seems to happen when the caster is surrounded by a certain combination of hazardous ground / blocking terrain / edges of the map / other units. I'll test this more and see if I can't get more specific reproduction instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:02 AM, thecrimsonflash said:

For the first bug I have encountered personally, the fortify spell seems to cause crashes, the given circumstances behind my encounter of the bug had flayn as a dancer using fortify in the paralogue eternal guardian, this happened twice, I can confirm that healing in general worked fine including physic, other AOEs did not result in crashes this included meteor, gambits, and restore so I believe it is a problem with the one spell. This is still being investigated, please let me know if you encounter this yourself.

I just experienced the same bug, Mercedes used fortify while Vantage was equipped -> Crash.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Moonlit Knight said:

On TVTropes, it’s noted that saving through the battle prep menu on a particular paralogue will crash the game.

I haven't personally experienced this one, but it's supposed to occur when you reload the preparation save for the Silver Maiden paralogue (for Blue Lions house). 

I've reloaded dozens of other preparation saves and been just fine.

I was playing Verdant Wind's Shambhala chapter when the graphics glitched out in combat. Every time when fighting in the south-east room that's closed off at the beginning (the one with the Viskam controls), the floor completely disappeared, but only during battles. Seemed to be a purely cosmetic bug. I'm sorry I didn't record it.

On 8/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, Tombstone88 said:

7.) Speaking of the attack indicator, it's not always accurate.  One time I had both Felix and Leonie in range of a mage, and the indicator said Felix would be attacked, but come Enemy Phase, the mage attacked Leonie.  This has happened in several other instances.

That's all for now, but I'll post more if/when I come across more.

I’ve noticed that the enemies sometimes switch targets when others on their own side move positions that block the AI’s planned path. I’ve also seen AI run to other units due to HP and Rally buffs that didn’t reflect on my phase. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug:

Spoiler

On Crimson Flower, Defense of Garreg Mach, I killed Flayn with Byleth, she retreated, I attacked Seteth, he called for reinforcements, and...Flayn was back. Just Flayn came back, though, as the rest of her group had already spawned in.

It may have something to do with Divine Pulse, but I am not certain.