General bug tracking thread

On 8/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, eclipse said:

Sometimes, the group task result will take an insanely long time to load.  I think it was the worst for me when I used a student that I recruited.

This and a lot of other bugs in this thread sound just like loading time issues but idk if they're actually bugs since it doesn't crash the game. I've experienced a few but it just seems like the assets took longer to appear and doesn't happen often.

Edited by Eltoshen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't seem to find the glitch topic, I decided to make a topic for it. Please move it if needed.

Anyway, if you change the bgm, then use the turnwheel to go back to before you did it, the song will revert back to the original song, yet the menu will display that it's playing the song you set it to. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an integer overflow glitch present in Azure Moon Ch 22 on Maddening Mode.

From what I can tell, in Three Houses, healing from forts works by setting a unit's HP equal to the following formula:

AfterHealingHP = MIN(CurrentHP + MaxHP * HealPercentage, MaxHP)

This is pretty straightfoward, and produces the intended result in almost every use case. For example, if a unit has 18/20 HP and is standing on a heal tile that heals 30% of their HP per turn, then their HP after healing would be AfterHealingHP = MIN(18 + 20 * 0.3, 20) = MIN(24, 20) = 20.

The problem with this implementation, though, is that HP in Three Houses is stored as an unsigned 8 bit integer, which means its maximum value is only 255. Any number greater than 255 overflows and wraps around to 0.

On Maddening, Azure Moon Ch 22 Edelgard has 199 HP on her last HP bar, and is standing on a heal tile which heals her for 30% of her maximum HP per turn. If you chip her for a very small amount of damage, then when the game goes to heal her, you get the following result.

AfterHealingHP = MIN(198 + 199 * 0.3, 199) = MIN(198 + 60, 199) = MIN(258, 199) = MIN(2, 199) = 2

You can test this yourself by putting Impregnable Wall on a unit and having them chip Edelgard's last HP bar for 1 damage. When the game goes to heal her, her HP bar should drop to a very small number.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, Silly said:

There is an integer overflow glitch present in Azure Moon Ch 22 on Maddening Mode.

From what I can tell, in Three Houses, healing from forts works by setting a unit's HP equal to the following formula:

This is pretty straightfoward, and produces the intended result in almost every use case. For example, if a unit has 18/20 HP and is standing on a heal tile that heals 30% of their HP per turn, then their HP after healing would be AfterHealingHP = MIN(18 + 20 * 0.3, 20) = MIN(24, 20) = 20.

The problem with this implementation, though, is that HP in Three Houses is stored as an unsigned 8 bit integer, which means its maximum value is only 255. Any number greater than 255 overflows and wraps around to 0.

On Maddening, Azure Moon Ch 22 Edelgard has 199 HP on her last HP bar, and is standing on a heal tile which heals her for 30% of her maximum HP per turn. If you chip her for a very small amount of damage, then when the game goes to heal her, you get the following result.

AfterHealingHP = MIN(198 + 199 * 0.3, 199) = MIN(198 + 60, 199) = MIN(258, 199) = MIN(2, 199) = 2

You can test this yourself by putting Impregnable Wall on a unit and having them chip Edelgard's last HP bar for 1 damage. When the game goes to heal her, her HP bar should drop to a very small number.

Hahaha. Could this be a future speed strat?

On 11/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, Garsoba said:

Not sure if it’s a bug but you definitely do not get capped at 50k renown for clearing the game.

I’m doing a specialized “speed run” using 200k renown and I’m going from cap (999,999) to sub 800k, then back to cap upon clearing the route.

only quests I do that reward renown is the meal in chapter 2, find jeralt in chapter 5, and the dancer quest in chapter 9.  

interesting. 

has anyone realised since the new dlc wave, you can't see the specialized/cannon class outfits anymore
(I'm in post timeskip and no cute outfits for team Azure Moon)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a glitch but has anyone had the option to open byleth's journal and were allowed to unlock S rank with someone you haven't married yet? For me im in black eagles right now and Hilda someone who I haven't talked to at all during this route is unlockable for me. This is also the first time being male byleth so I'm entirely confused im also in month 1 before timeskip so everyone is still young. But i haven't seen anyone saying anything on this yet im curious to try it out though seeing as I might be going crimson flower. 

It's a known exploit. If you get enough support points with a character you can't marry as your current gender, it'll still allow you to purchase their S rank when you play the gender that can. Does not work on characters that can marry both genders. It's useful for unlocking S ranks in the support log much faster than normal.

NG+ for Jeritza and Anna. You are able to buy back their skill levels, but not their class mastery skills. Tempted to send an email to Nintendo even though I'm sure it won't do any good. I grinded 10 or so class masteries for them the first time I could and it's all wasted.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:13 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

NG+ for Jeritza and Anna. You are able to buy back their skill levels, but not their class mastery skills.

As of version 1.1.1 (the update with Sothis' outfit) I can confirm they fixed it, which makes sense since Wave 4 is gonna be released soon(?) and the DLC characters need to work as intended.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a bug with Venin weapons...namely, that upgrading them to their "+" variants takes away their venom.  Ordinary Venin weapons like the Venin Axe and Venin Bow have a 100% chance of poisoning any unit they hit (unless that unit has Commander, Ancient Dragonskin, or Immune Status), but the Venin Axe+ and Venin Bow+ never inflict poison.  I assume this is the same for the Venin Lance+ and Venin Edge+, though I haven't tested them yet.

Funnily enough, the descriptions for the base venin weapons say "A (weapon) that poisons foes" whereas the + variants just say "A reinforced venin (weapon)" without mentioning poison, making them strangely precisely accurate.  Still, I don't think this behavior is intentional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@iavasechui Hi, I'm re-starting my Azure Moon playthrough and was wondering if you have confirmed that the glitch with Dimitri's C support has been fixed? The item drops on a couple of day offs seems to be a waste not to pickup before Chapter 3.

Edited by Ririn

On 1/24/2020 at 12:44 AM, iavasechui said:

I believe the holy tomb support bug might be fixed now went in and it said missed opportunity for claude’s Support but when I exited it was back to saying more time needs to pass. Have yet to test for Rhea or Dimitri

If it says more time needs to pass, does that mean that the support is working normally?  I somehow got the more time needs to pass message for Dimitri's support in chapter 3 (without using new game plus).  Could this be a new version of the previous bug?

More time to pass is good. If it says missed opportunity and it’s really early in the game is bad. It will always say missed opportunity in the holy tomb when getting items but after leaving it will go back to more time needs to pass. The glitch before the update was that the time locked supports were getting counted as missed even after leaving.

• 4 weeks later...

So I don't know if this is only happening to me but I've been getting a bug in the Greenhouse. I'll plant 4 Pale-Blue Flowers and just infuse with magic for 0g. When I go to harvest the next week the seeds, for some reason, have changed to 5 seemingly random seed types. Like things you would never put together for any reason. It is starting to cost me stat booster chances and I needed to know if this was only happening to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Raphael's personal skill Goody Basket doesn't proc properly. I've been grinding for supports by cycling turns with a weapon unequipped, and my Raphael takes a little bit of damage every turn or so. Goody Basket procs at 30% rate right now (due to his 30 Luck). Sometimes (like about once every 2-5 turns, consistent with 30%), the camera will center on him as if to proc his skill and heal him, but no healing occurs.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got the DLC and I have been having a lot of fun, but for some reason it doesn't give me the option to marry anyone in the end of the game.

Note: this is main game I'm talking about so far with both paths I played it skips over the graveyard cutscene where you choose who to marry

The first time I played after the DLC I played as a female main character and it worked just fine but now as a male both times it didn't work. Does it have to do with the way seer because

I have plenty of A supports but it doesn't give me the option. Please help I really want to fill out the support log thanks!

On 4/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, I-like-dogs-2000 said:

I recently got the DLC and I have been having a lot of fun, but for some reason it doesn't give me the option to marry anyone in the end of the game.

Note: this is main game I'm talking about so far with both paths I played it skips over the graveyard cutscene where you choose who to marry

The first time I played after the DLC I played as a female main character and it worked just fine but now as a male both times it didn't work. Does it have to do with the way seer because

I have plenty of A supports but it doesn't give me the option. Please help I really want to fill out the support log thanks!

Did you get Jeralt's ring while exploring during Chapter 10? You need it if you wanna marry someone at the end of the game.

Edited by Moltz23

• 5 months later...

Assets sometimes fail to load in properly, When the camera zoomed into Bernie today, her bow/arrows didn't actually appear for a few frames so she was holding nothing.

Edelgard's hand goes through her axe handle.

I got 2 fish at once from fishing. somehow.

Edited by Samz707