Lost Lore - Who Are You Sending?

Mercakete

Palla and Michalis argued fiercely over how to best investigate. They also kinda got married too as a result of this. Awkward.

Anyone get a different message for completing the first mission?

For the second mission I have sent out an already-married couple, Spring Catria and Bride Marth. And for the third I have sent out married-by-proxy couple Hardin and Camus.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Decided to send Legendary Marth and Maria.

Helping to feed Maria's crush on Marth I see.

So I am into the next round of scouting, I have sent Gharnef and Evil Tiki into Chiasmir (where the Fane of Raman resides), and into Aurelis I sent Hardin and Minerva (a reference to BS Fire Emblem map the Crimson Dragoon)

Report!

Groom Marth and Bride Caeda:

"This time they... shared tales from home in the evenings."

Oh my goodness that's adorable.

@Humanoid I guess you can get different messages, then. I got the above for completing the first mission. Heheh, did your message really include the marriage bit?

Wow, two more acts opened up! Let's see, then... Well, since Groom Marth and Bride Caeda are supporting, I'll go ahead and send them on to Act 2, even though Camus was mentioned by name in the Act 1 script. Chiasmir, here they come!

Looks like I can send more to scout Aurelis. Sounds like Aura, so... Linde! Merric! Time to do some scholarly studying! Remember to cite your sources.

And there's a 4th act, too. So, onward! ...is what I would say if I wasn't apparently on "max missions." Eh, they'll finish up in 20hrs. I'll check back in then.

Edited by Mercakete

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I guess you can get different messages, then. I got the above for completing the first mission. Heheh, did your message really include the marriage bit?

Nah, just the bit in the italics. The marriage happened because they'd been on A-level support despite my not even having fielded Michalis for probably a year, a remnant of when the support system was initially introduced.

I really ought to update my supports now that Palla is fully merged and my best red flier, she'd have been unmerged back then.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Nah, just the bit in the italics. The marriage happened because they'd been on A-level support despite my not even having fielded Michalis for probably a year, a remnant of when the support system was initially introduced.

I really ought to update my supports now that Palla is fully merged and my best red flier, she'd have been unmerged back then.

Looks like they may be taking into account how the characters actually get along, then! That's awesome! 😄 ...Or, it could be chance and Hubba's giving his opinions on people's relationships behind the scenes.

For the second investigations, I sent out Katarina and Clarisse for the first one and Marth and Caeda for the second one. Two couples, which one will come out on top?

I sent Hardin and Merric on the second one and on the third one I sent Catria and Ogma again since they seem to get along.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Spring Catria and Bride Marth came to understand each other a bit better.

Hardin and Camus wished upon a star for success in the future.

Sent out Wrys with Jagen, Ogma with Caeda, and Draug with Gordin.

Bride Caeda and Groom Marth - this time, they... "marveled at the fresh sights of the other world." ..."other?"

Linde and Merric - this time they... "gained a deeper understanding than expected." Makes sense. Mages in a scholarly pursuit...

Okay! So, 2nd and 3rd act weren't quite completed (the bars aren't filled) so I'll send some others to clear those.

Merric and Linde did a great job in Aurelis, so I'll send them back there to finish exploring mysteries (literally.)

Chiasmir, now... Hmm Groom Marth and Bride Caeda seem to be enjoying themselves. I'll send them back there.

Now, for the Ageless Palace! Seems a bit grandiose. I like the idea someone here had of sending Fallen Tiki (who I don't have) with Gharnef but that won't work for obvious reasons. I think I'll send...Michalis and Minerva, for some sibling bonding! 😄 THIS CANNOT GO WRONG.

So Gharnef and Evil Tiki "stumble upon a beautiful stone along the way"... did Heroes just subtly depict Gharnef raiding the Dark Sphere from the Fane of Raman?

Meanwhile Minerva and Hardin "spotted an abandoned weapon. Whose was it?"... The Hauteclure obviously, forgotten in the older telling of the Dark Dragon and Blade of Light, only to be remembered in Shadow Dragon.

I am rather enjoying this event, but I suspect most of that is coming from my own imagination and over interpretation.

For the next rounds of scouting I will have Marth and Legendary Tiki finish off Chiasmir, representing Marth awakening Tiki from the dark dream Gharnef entrapped her in.

For Aurelis I end off with another BS Fire emblem reference, as Camus is delivering the beloved princess of Archenea into the protection of Hardin and his brother the king of Aurelis.

To start the scouting of the Ageless Palace I think its time for original cavalry duo, Cain and Abel, The Bull and The Panther to open up the path for the last pair I have been saving...

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Spring Catria and Bride Marth came to understand each other a bit better.

...There are some serious implications there, I just don't know if they launch or doom the Catria Marth ship

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...There are some serious implications there, I just don't know if they launch or doom the Catria Marth ship

It's just about seasonal outfits.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It's just about seasonal outfits.

Now I'm imagining a scene with a convention taking place in Chiasmir, where Catria and Marth accidentally see each other in their seasonal outfits, and suddenly discovering that they have both secretly been cosplay fans the entire time.

20 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now I'm imagining a scene with a convention taking place in Chiasmir, where Catria and Marth accidentally see each other in their seasonal outfits, and suddenly discovering that they have both secretly been cosplay fans the entire time.

So that's where Lucina gets it.

Update:

Groom Marth and Bride Caeda - this time they... "wished upon a star for success in the future." Aww. What a nice way to end it. 🙂

Linde and Merric - this time they... "shared tales from home in the evenings." Sweet. 🙂

Michalis and Minerva - this time they... "stumbled upon a beautiful stone along the way."

Only one bar left to fill so the brother-sister team's going to finish up at the Ageless Palace.

Edited by Mercakete

Wrys and Jagen stumbled upon a beautiful stone along the way.

Ogma and Caeda collected stories about respected individuals.

Draug and Gordin also collected stories about respected individuals.

From that small sample I guess it means there's no link between the message and the specific level you go to, probably all just pull at random from a common pool.

No choice but to repeat two already-cleared levels now which is an odd design decision. Sent out Luke and Cain, Roderick and Abel, and, uh, Marth and Marth, to test whether sending two copies of the same hero was possible.

Marth and Legendary Tiki "gained a deeper understanding than expected"... poor Tiki she will outlive him, and then that understanding will start to hurt.

Camus and Hardin "shared tales from home in the evenings" ... I am imagining these two sharing a bottle of wine beneath the stars (like Sigurd and Eldigan) talking about the past, and bonding over their part in the tragedy of Nyna's life.

Cain and Abel "uncovered traces of a desperate struggle"... the remains of an unlucky iron man perhaps.

Finally its time for Bridal Marth, and Bridal Caede to stride forth and finish scouting the Ageless Palace. A beautiful romantic end to the scouting phase.

The bridal couple managed to "devise an ingenious strategy for investigating"... Getting the rest of the wedding party to help you search was truly ingenious.

As for the strike with 4 slots its time for Minerva and the White wings to bring down the forces of Grust

Roderick and Abel got tied up in their excitement to investigate.

Marth and Marth spotted an abandoned weapon. Whose was it?

Luke and Cain gained experience that will be useful later on.

Strike opposition seems to be cavalry but beyond sending Caeda it's not particularly useful advice. So I just sent along my highest merged eligible characters in Palla, Michalis and Legendary Marth.

I used the team I used in my Gharnef clear: L!Marth, Linde, Merric and Wrys. Only Marth and Merric are doing a particularly good job. Now I know class and stats do factor in somehow, possibly rarity as well so I'm going to throw my harder hitting units at the strike missions going forward.